• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WIFI Tier list

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi doesn't do too badly..In fact, it's hard to take advantage of his shield problems.

Anyways..

1. Olimar
2. Snake
3. ROB

Worst 3

1. Bowser
2. Ice Climbers
3. Marth

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Wi-fi lag isn't consistent. You'd need a different list for each type of connection >.>
There should not be a Wi-Fi tier list. This is because Wi-FI has inconsistent lag.
It's like this guy says... Different amounts of lag will cause different changes to such a wifi tier list, so really there's not much point in such a discussion going on :(

Edit:

Just another example of what We're trying to say :(
You guys and your silly logic...
Just base it off of nintendo's suggested minimal connection standard [which is yellow].

Sure there might be a few tiny diffrences in between, but it isnt like anyone really needs it to be 100% accurate...

Its all in good fun.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It really isn't possible to make one because it all depends on how much lag there is. Believe me, the OTL already tried to make one last year but this was the biggest snag we kept running into. Basically, determining an online tier list would strongly depend on being able to observe ideal online conditions (about .05 seconds worth of lag per every 10 seconds I believe is what someone figured out) on a regular basis and, obviously, this doesn't happen very often due to Nintendo's crappy wifi and thus everyone has different amounts of lag. With all this being said, it's best just to stick to the offline one despite there being obvious changes in lag like the timing for chain grabs and what attacks lead into each other.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
You guys and your silly logic...
How is my logic silly? It is why there should not be a Wi-Fi tier list.
Sure there might be a few tiny diffrences in between, but it isnt like anyone really needs it to be 100% accurate...
These few tiny differences in input lag make the difference between being able to accurately sweetspot an attack and having it sourspot.

SZ2K

Smash Rookie
My friend plays Olimar and I play Marth, I completely wreck him offline. When we go online he can just spam projectiles and everything I feel is going to be a tipper misses and he just runs around spamming me and for some reason I can't get in on him the same way I do offline. And I can't land my DBs sometimes..

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Lag really hurts each character, some more then others. I know Ganondorf is good on Wifi since he hits hard and can tech chase easier due to all the lag, while a character like Wario is harder since most of the tricks to airdodge through moves or defensive play doesn't work online.

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
Ike and Lucario should go up, IC's, Wario, and Dedede should go down, I can't really see anything else different from that though, everyone else is equally nerfed.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
The only real differences are lag, and if it is "With Anyone" the amount of players, and in a battle royal, anybody could team up or do something stupid or whatnot. If it is supposed to be 1 vs. 1 still, I wouldn't see why there would be a difference.
And counting lag as part of a tier list wouldn't work because Wi-Fi doesn't even always lag the same.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Wifi List

SS
Snake
Lucario
GAW

S

Wolf
ROB
Olimar
metaknight

A
Ike
Falco
Peach
fox
Diddy Kong
toonlink

B
Pit
wario
Donkey Kong
kirby
King Dedede
Luigi
sonic
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus

C
Marth
Zelda
Ice Climbers

D
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Ness
Bowser
Samus

E
Mario
yoshi
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

F
Link
Captain Falcon

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wifi List

SS
Snake
Lucario
GAW

S

Wolf
ROB
Olimar
metaknight

A
Ike
Falco
Peach
fox
Diddy Kong
toonlink

B
Pit
wario
Donkey Kong
kirby
King Dedede
Luigi
sonic
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus

C
Marth
Zelda
Ice Climbers

D
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Ness
Bowser
Samus

E
Mario
yoshi
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

F
Link
Captain Falcon
Truth be told, an online tier list would look similar to the offline one with some changes here and there. It wouldn't be as random as this. Are you talking about online tournaments or anyone battles because Lucario is definately not that much better online. Under ideal lag, it's harder to DI out of the force palm and he has an easier time stringing attacks together but, all in all, he still has a very hard time getting kills in and, thanks to lag, he has a harder time punishing moves. Wolf's not that much better either as he still has the predictible recovery, his jab and fsmash are easier to shield grab, and his aerial moves are given more ending lag. Mario's definately better because it's easier for him to escape chain grabs thanks to the lag and he has an easier time stringing attacks together. Those are just a few examples of why this tier list doesn't work.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Are you talking about online tournaments or anyone battles because Lucario is definately not that much better online. Under ideal lag, it's harder to DI out of the force palm and he has an easier time stringing attacks together but, all in all, he still has a very hard time getting kills in and, thanks to lag, he has a harder time punishing moves.
In lag Lucario's fsmash is like totally safe on the block in a lot of situations(gl intentionally power shielding it with enough consistency to make the risk worth it), his roll is unpunishable unless 100% predicted, and it's harder to edge guard him.

Wolf's not that much better either as he still has the predictible recovery, his jab and fsmash are easier to shield grab, and his aerial moves are given more ending lag.
Predictable recovery but not easily intercepted in lag, unless you have a very good connection, it becomes much harder to edge guard him. Easier to shield grab? How so, not only is it not easier to grab, it's harder to shield to begin with, and he can buffer actions out of auto cancelled aerials, attempting to punish wifi wolf for stupidly throwing attacks out usually winds up badly for you if you attempt it directly.

I don't think you give online enough credit for just how badly it distorts this game, against someone local with a good connection it's fine, but on the whole, it's totally different. Good for matchup experience but it can and will teach you bad habits by making you think that things that don't work do.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

TP

Smash Master
Lag really hurts each character, some more then others. I know Ganondorf is good on Wifi since he hits hard and can tech chase easier due to all the lag, while a character like Wario is harder since most of the tricks to airdodge through moves or defensive play doesn't work online.
You're gonna have to explain that one. When tech chasing, every frame is vital. Input lag alone, disregarding the more random lag, makes it essentially impossible. If you are trying to say that tech chasing is really easy in slo-mo, that's true, but not when input lag puts you 6 frames behind the opponent.

Ganon is still bottom of bottom online. Any projectile = ownage.

:034:

EDIT: The OTL rankings are worthless lol. It's all the same 70 players playing each other again and again. Not nearly a large enough pool to draw conclusions from.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You do realize that the OTL rankings are only so good in Ganon's favor because of one player? Zeonstar.

And TP, I already posted the stickied thread saying how bad Ganondorf is.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Truth be told, an online tier list would look similar to the offline one with some changes here and there. It wouldn't be as random as this. Are you talking about online tournaments or anyone battles because Lucario is definately not that much better online. Under ideal lag, it's harder to DI out of the force palm and he has an easier time stringing attacks together but, all in all, he still has a very hard time getting kills in and, thanks to lag, he has a harder time punishing moves. Wolf's not that much better either as he still has the predictible recovery, his jab and fsmash are easier to shield grab, and his aerial moves are given more ending lag. Mario's definately better because it's easier for him to escape chain grabs thanks to the lag and he has an easier time stringing attacks together. Those are just a few examples of why this tier list doesn't work.
Seems interesting how the same four bad characters are at the bottom as they are on the regular tier list. I believe Ganondorf should be slightly higher though. Maybe near C, but that's just my opinion.

Top Bottom