• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

G

genkaku

Hm, well I'm in MIAD dorms without a car, or I would drive myself fo sho.
It'd be cool to see Milwaukee do something.

Hm, well I'm in MIAD dorms without a car, or I would drive myself fo sho.
It'd be cool to see Milwaukee do something.

There was some person in Milwaukee that, played brawl, drove himself all the way here to play in one of our campus organized free play nights. I am surprised I have not seen him on here yet. Try searching around there for that person genkaku and start getting people together.

G

genkaku

I'm busy this weekend, but if you let me know about whatever's coming up I'd gladly tag along.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
unfortunately me going by madison is really unlikely as zack152's comin in the car :( id say you could meet us in milwaukee/quaz's house but thats way out of the way for madison. is there any other madison interest?

With two more people from liz waters and frank possibly bring david, we are upto 7 potiential people on campus now that need rides. If everyone shows up and more people in the coming months, we are screwed if we have only two vehicles.

Quaz

Smash Master
is anyone interested in going to HD remix for melee? its quite a drive, but it would be fun as hell for a road trip don't you all agree?

What does everyone think about my basement? If I talk to my parents about it I could organize a tourney every 2 months out here or something. Space may seem like an issue right now, but I could very easily change that with some arrangements (I'm always moving my basement around anyhow, next smashfest it WILL look different than last time)

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Quaz can I say how glad I am that you got the spark for this game again? You're a hell of an asset to the community.
Your basement is awesome. Would definitely go to a tourney or two or more there.
HD remix could be a maaaayybe. Definitely no commitment for me right now.

Also UWMad guys check out buses 40, 44, 47, 48. They could get y'all here at a very minimum. In the largest extreme y'all could spend the night at my place and catch one of the morning buses to get back on campus. ****'s cash.

EDIT: I'm planning on being at Chadbourne around 6:10. That's so UWMad guys know and Matt too.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Quaz, I believe my house and Chris' house are both on the way relatively when going to St Louis. Since I am driving for Brawl down there, think I can snag a ride for Melee? Give first dibs to WI players though, I am pretty sure I a can get either Sveet/Chris to drive.

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be going too. We should have a mini tournament...i havent been to a REAL tournament in like 6 months

It sounds like we are getting stuff done, but until I start seeing new faces coming to these smashfests and we got our tournaments going with due regularity, I will not be satisfied.
@ORO
If I read that right, I saw you saying something about driving down for brawl. You and me have to play if WI people somehow get interested in brawl.

Quaz

Smash Master
Haha sure, I know for a fact Quaz is out of that discussion now after Ohio. Maybe other people would give it another go.
yeah, I don't hate brawl, but I gotta stick with melee man!

I've fallen a little behind, ORLY was whoopin' on me yesturday like there was no tomorrow. The good doctor had his small bottle of **** on me too =(

Quaz

Smash Master
nah its all good dude jeff is steppin it up. Getting wrecked by falcon all day gets you better at SOME point. He already got a taste of ORLY juice and that got him going against me

plsu Im also pretty bad at the sheik matchup these days.. buuuuut I bet I was losing because I didnt cc dsmash enough.. THATS why.

still workin on spacing those dtils too. Its soo **** good.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'm in the same situation, just I'm at UWM dorms instead, lol.

Also I'm terrible at Melee.
I'm going back to milwaukee this weekend, maybe, I can smash with you for a bit, my phone number is 414-544-1401. maybe we can hang out for a couple hours or somethin, plus with other smashers.

btw, the smash scene in madison is about to explode people. (including a bunch of noobs) however we can be able to host tournaments and other shiz soon (novemberish-decemberish) as many people both melee and brawl will be included. hopefully I can set up good venues-cheap, tvs, and possibly free food, however this will be mostlikely much later.

The john quote thread will be started soon as well, as in like saturday. Be sure to check that thread out to lol, lmao, and the occational rofl. details on that thread coming soon.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm going back to milwaukee this weekend, maybe, I can smash with you for a bit, my phone number is 414-544-1401. maybe we can hang out for a couple hours or somethin, plus with other smashers.

btw, the smash scene in madison is about to explode people. (including a bunch of noobs) however we can be able to host tournaments and other shiz soon (novemberish-decemberish) as many people both melee and brawl will be included. hopefully I can set up good venues-cheap, tvs, and possibly free food, however this will be mostlikely much later.

The john quote thread will be started soon as well, as in like saturday. Be sure to check that thread out to lol, lmao, and the occational rofl. details on that thread coming soon.
We could, I'm not sure if I can this weekend. I was going to go to a brawl tournament in IL still seeing if I can go, if not it works and we can smash in melee or brawl either works with me.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i want to come play the wisconsin people. is there any tourney in the near future you guys plan to hold, or attend?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hype from Milwaukee.
Red Ryu, do you know anyone else that plays?
At UWM? Well Dietz goes here but commutes from home, otherwise I don't know many people in Milwaukee who play this game.

Waukesha has a couple of people, Kennispam, Spongejordan, Buuda, Koose, except for maybe Kenni they play mostly Brawl.

Hartland has Magicjosh, Jamie, Nacho, Eric, Avery, Carl, and co. Magicjosh is the only one who wants to play the game competitively, the rest don;'t really want to do play it with people who know the ins and outs.

That's all I know off the top of my head.

I have no idea if we are getting anywhere by talking to people at these gaming nights, but it seems like there are people who have sort of checked smashboards. I doubt they have ever found this thread though.

I talked with one of the people in charge of the gaming night today, and I asked about any locations on campus that already have existing TVs in them. He believed there was no such location on campus. Sounds like we have to cart TVs and set-ups everytime we want to do something.

He had suggested contacting the Do-it on campus to see if they could help us any with doing stuff on campus. Seems like a decent idea to try. Anyone think we should try looking into that idea?

Top Bottom