• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Wafles

Smash Lord
Venue is Hilton Garden Inn in Kimberly. 1070 Sqaure Feet conference hall. Bigger than Articuno. =)

It'll be Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles (10$ each, not 5), and Melee Singles.

I'm inviting a bunch of scrubs and such from the local high schools, so scrub money? I'll put a flyer up on the student board at UWFox too.

And **** yes, bomberman 64 is the ****. I dont have a 64, but get a couple setups and I'm all for a 5$ tourney.

Bil

Smash Ace
Venue is Hilton Garden Inn in Kimberly. 1070 Sqaure Feet conference hall. Bigger than Articuno. =)

It'll be Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles (10$ each, not 5), and Melee Singles.

I'm inviting a bunch of scrubs and such from the local high schools, so scrub money? I'll put a flyer up on the student board at UWFox too.

And **** yes, bomberman 64 is the ****. I dont have a 64, but get a couple setups and I'm all for a 5$ tourney.
You should do Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, then Brawl Singles...So if we run out of time nobody will really care.

Wafles

Smash Lord
nah, melee singles are going to be last. I like Brawl better anyway (gasp)

Also, Spikes, remember to call UWO about getting a room there instead?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Also, Spikes, remember to call UWO about getting a room there instead?
oh man good call, I already forgot before I read this post. I just got off the phone with them and we have a venue. If anyone remembers FBT2, it's literally that venue, but two of them next to each other. We have 4,280 square feet, a projector, and tables out the ***. There's also some other perks unique from FBT2 that I'm pretty excited about... wafles let's talk about it more on AIM.

edit: ****, november 22 is daishocon. uh.... wafles we need to talk on aim about an alternate date

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
So, the army called me and asked me what I wanted to do after High school. I replied I'm going to college hopefully. They asked where and I said Oshkosh, then they asked for what and I said in 2 years hopefully I'll switch down to Madison and I'll go for chemical engineering. They then asked how I was gunna pay for college. I said loans and scholarships hopefully, they then asked if $80,000 would help. I replied that I probably couldn't join the military because I'm handicapped and they said have a good day. ... So my question is am i getting this $80,000 in the mail or what?

Zjiin

Smash Master
so, The Army Called Me And Asked Me What I Wanted To Do After High School. I Replied I'm Going To College Hopefully. They Asked Where And I Said Oshkosh, Then They Asked For What And I Said In 2 Years Hopefully I'll Switch Down To Madison And I'll Go For Chemical Engineering. They Then Asked How I Was Gunna Pay For College. I Said Loans And Scholarships Hopefully, They Then Asked If $80,000 Would Help. I Replied That I Probably Couldn't Join The Military Because I'm Handicapped And They Said Have A Good Day. ... So My Question Is Am I Getting This $80,000 In The Mail Or What?
Yo Son, You're Rich Biatch!

Wafles

Smash Lord
*Posts to remind spikes to call UWO about the date change*

The 29th it shall be. Hopefully.
Also, since the event space is so big, we'll put in for a big melee tourney too. It's clear that melee is still very popular for competetive play, we'll try to set up two seperate areas, and have the melee and brawl tourneys at the same time, but organize it so that anyone can play in both if they choose.

I'll put up a topic once spikes confirms the venue date change.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
*Posts to remind spikes to call UWO about the date change*

The 29th it shall be. Hopefully.
Also, since the event space is so big, we'll put in for a big melee tourney too. It's clear that melee is still very popular for competetive play, we'll try to set up two seperate areas, and have the melee and brawl tourneys at the same time, but organize it so that anyone can play in both if they choose.

I'll put up a topic once spikes confirms the venue date change.
ok, thankfully the 29th was completely free, too. I'll talk to you on aim about everything else :lick:

Wafles

Smash Lord
My organization skills are pretty good IMO, so I'm planning, and certainly hoping to fit in all 4 events. We've got the event space to do it, we'll just need lots of setups.

Expect a full topic later tonight gentlement. And major thanks to spikes in advance for helping me set this up.

Wafles

Smash Lord
It wont be mostly melee. I like brawl better than melee. I'm trying to offer both so that more people show and we have a fun time.

Just wait for the topic, once spikes gets back from wherever he is.

Top Bottom