• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
when's the next time we can smash at quaz's? I have to give my sister her PS2 back so I need an excuse to justify the 5 hours of driving :016:.
edit, by we I mean Tsen and all you new suckas

Quaz

Smash Master
Saturday Night?? I get off at 5 and get home around 6, we could smash through the night at my place or something! or Sunday would be cool too since I dont work on Sunday

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
sounds good to me...should be able to rally the crew and show up this time lol last time I didn't have a ride so w/e but i'm determined this time so i'm in for late saturday

Zicore

Smash Champion
Sorry, have to work. And kssb won't be there...and yeah...

JOHNS!!!! THERE! LONE OR 5150 CAN'T SAY IT NOW!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
unless someone trades shifts in the next 2 days, I work Sat+Sun so it's probably not going to work out this weekend :( how about next week?

Zicore

Smash Champion
I want to see it too. I also want to see some of those matches between KSSB and spikes...KSSB said that those we completely epic...

Thomas Jefferson

Smash Apprentice
Ok, to keep this thread active, and to actually further WI, I've come up with a ranking system, that is not only better than PR, but doesn't incite continual arguing over who's better. I wouldn't even call it a ranking system. Some of you might laugh at this, but what if we had a tier system in WI?

WI has at least 30 active smashers, more than most states our size. We've got big ranges of skill ranging from The Top, to the Middle, to thsoe just getting started. Alot of us place around the same, and can beat each other every other tourney, to where we are all about the same level. This is why I thought of the tier system. We would have a panel, same as a power ranking, but instead of ranking people, we would group them according to their skill.. For Example. This is just an exapmle

Top Tier
Tapion

High Tier
Crashman
KSSB
Hayate

Mid-High Tier
Fastest
Spikes
Puffinator
Sauce
Lone
EoF
Quaz

ect

The names for each individual tier would be in no particular order, I.E. Quaz is prob better th an EoF, but he is under EoF just as a list, and not who is better.

I think this would be a great way for new WI players to gauge themselves as to where they stand, but at the same time, we don't go the lame path of Power Rankings.
I think I proved myself to everyone in spikes' smashfest that I am pretty good, so i don't think your list is reasonable.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I think I proved myself to everyone in spikes' smashfest that I am pretty good, so i don't think your list is reasonable.
Ok, I guess I have to say this about 20 times, this is just an example, I just put people in general of where there skill is, obviously no one liked my idea, obviously people are taking it to far. You didn't prove anything, beating someone one game, and then leaving proves nothing. DONT TAKE MY LIST SERIOUSLY. Gosh

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
Mundungu told me to post here about the friday smashfest. I'm down this upcoming friday, so is my friend. Let me know time, place, etc.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Dear Eighteen Spikes

next friday and saturday I am off, wanna come smash friday night thru saturday morning??
Quaz, I demand you fix your signature.

That is all..

EDIT: steve if you go, can i come too?
Apparently I'm scheduled for work?????? Even though I changed my availability. Huh. I'll talk to em about it tomorrow. If all goes well, yes to both :016: I'd need gas money though

edit: I was supposed to get fired today but I ****in yodelowned them LOL gg miles kimball

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I got my availability changed but the scheduling department didn't take me off of the schedule for Friday. So when I went into work at 10:45 (weird shift, I know) yesterday, they took me off the phones like 10 minutes into my shift to have me talk to a team leader that wasn't my own (mine came in at 4, so apparently this meeting couldn't wait). He was like "soooo. Why didn't you come in yesterday?" (a little background here, nocall+noshow = automatic termination at MK). I was like uhh.... cause I talked to Ann? Again, not content with putting me back on the phones while they straightened the situation out, they called Ann from scheduling at her HOUSE on her DAY OFF to verify that she talked to me. They actually had a termination form already filled out and with my name on it, they wanted me out of there by 11 AM yesterday. LOL.

So the same thing is kind of happening with next Saturday. I'm not supposed to work so it should be taken off without too much hassle. I'll talk to Ann about it :rotfl:

Top Bottom