• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

element_of_fire

Smash Lord
lol... sounds good... i'm off all day so you guys can come early and get some tjs :)

and on a completly unrelated note, i saw alice cooper last night... and it was amazing

Zicore

Smash Champion
lol... sounds good... i'm off all day so you guys can come early and get some tjs :)

and on a completly unrelated note, i saw alice cooper last night... and it was amazing
tj's = fun...and on another side note...I ENVY YOU! ARGH! I wanted to go see Alice Cooper so **** bad...but NOOOOOO...stupid fricken work...poo. =(

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
marth all day woooooooooooo

i give up falco. (spikes ill still do the mm :p)

i had fun playing you all, great matches. sparrow I wanna play you more next time :)

Zicore

Smash Champion
this was fun. Sparrow, whatever setup we had at the end, that should be a tourny. That was fun stuff. Nice seeing everyone, and yeah...I still sux =(

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Ok, to keep this thread active, and to actually further WI, I've come up with a ranking system, that is not only better than PR, but doesn't incite continual arguing over who's better. I wouldn't even call it a ranking system. Some of you might laugh at this, but what if we had a tier system in WI?

WI has at least 30 active smashers, more than most states our size. We've got big ranges of skill ranging from The Top, to the Middle, to thsoe just getting started. Alot of us place around the same, and can beat each other every other tourney, to where we are all about the same level. This is why I thought of the tier system. We would have a panel, same as a power ranking, but instead of ranking people, we would group them according to their skill.. For Example. This is just an exapmle

Top Tier
Tapion

High Tier
Crashman
KSSB
Hayate

Mid-High Tier
Fastest
Spikes
Puffinator
Sauce
Lone
EoF
Quaz

ect

The names for each individual tier would be in no particular order, I.E. Quaz is prob better th an EoF, but he is under EoF just as a list, and not who is better.

I think this would be a great way for new WI players to gauge themselves as to where they stand, but at the same time, we don't go the lame path of Power Rankings.

Ethan.

Smash Ace
Lone I find it funny that you always forget me, but not quaz, when i've proven multiple times that i'm better than him. And if i'm not mistaken quaz agrees.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
In order to make a "tier list" of the active Wisconsin smash players you need to know all of them. Putting each player in the right spot would also help.

Also, you can't even really use the word "active." Your defnition of active is probably "How many tournaments he/she goes to" whereas my definition is "How often he/she plays the game." Its a little hard to even use the word "competitive" as well. My situation is a perfect example. I'm definitely an active smash player because I play the game everyday. I'm also competitive because I'm willing to participate in tournaments. Unfortunately I can't attend many of them because most of the tournaments held in Wisconsin are 2 or more hours away from Janesville. I can however manage to go to tournaments that are in Milwaukee, Madison, and/or Whitewater.

If the cards are played out right I'll actually be able to attend fugedaboutit2 (or however the heck its spelled).

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Lone I find it funny that you always forget me, but not quaz, when i've proven multiple times that i'm better than him. And if i'm not mistaken quaz agrees.
Sorry, I was just giving an example, not something set in stone.

Zicore

Smash Champion
or y'know you can refrain from making any condescending and douche-bag like posts in the near future
Thats impossible, its Lone...

LOL...KIDDING LONE! I actually think that would be cool.

But my teams skill somehow is better then my singles skill, so...yeah...

Ethan.

Smash Ace
So, Zicores post should look a little more like this:

But my teams downsmash (is) downsmash (is) better than my singles downsmash, so...yeah...

There, fixed.

Top Bottom