• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Zicore

Smash Champion
I'd go if it is Melee only. I don't want a bunch of brawl kiddies ****ing up the greatest tourney series ever.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I really wanna go, but seriously, having to spend that much time with a bunch of 12 year old brawl ******s complaining about rulesets or metaknight, not to mention taking away from all the melee awesome, as well as torpedo ball and dodgeball, would make me regret going and possibly tamper with some of the fondest memories I have of smash.

That being said, holy **** at the amount of people from old school melee going. Cosmo, if I go, lets carpool for old times sake.

Zicore

Smash Champion
So...I'm new. Why is FC such a big deal? Was it the greatest tournament ever or what?
It was the originator of the crew battle, and it was a huge national series that actually had to limit how many people showed up because otherwise they would have had like...500 people in a church, which apparently they didn't want. They have like 64 some set-ups, and is just a blast because anyone who is anyone in the midwest will be there. Plus, there is dodgeball.

Wow, because that happens so often.
May not happen at locals, but it happens at nationals. Each region has a general ruleset that they follow, but when you bring them all together, there are issues. In melee, it is a national ruleset for 99.9% of it.

Quaz

Smash Master
YoshQ I'm pretty sure zicore is refering to hj6. Where tons of OOR brawl players complained to hell about how the tourney was run. I wasn't there, but I can't imagine Steve running a bad tourney.

:phone:

Zicore

Smash Champion
YoshQ I'm pretty sure zicore is refering to hj6. Where tons of OOR brawl players complained to hell about how the tourney was run. I wasn't there, but I can't imagine Steve running a bad tourney.

I am referring to this, as well as, from what I've heard, most large scale national tournaments where more then 1 general region travel to. I know just by reading the thread from APEX? or one of the more recent tourneys where japan visited and there was the HUGE metaknight being banned thing. I imagine that happens at most, if not all, large scale national tourneys. Either that, or the people who don't agree with the ruleset just don't go. And the **** I'm not going to FC.

Besides, it should be all melee/n64 because it is called MELEE-FC. Just sayin.

Quaz

Smash Master
I was at pound 4, and didnt have a single issue with any of the brawl dudes. Most people just mind their own business and play their own game. Any drama that goes on ends up being underground and not noticed anyways. The only thing I'm worried about though is brawl and melee running together taking up too much time. Usually players like Mew2king end up being late for matches because they have to play both games at the same time. I have faith in the kishes though.

G

genkaku

New goals:
Get to more smashfests/tournaments.
Have the most aggro spacies in the region.
Make it out of pools before Gio (lol).

Quaz

Smash Master
haha. Funny thing is Gio has already been to more tourneys than you by now. Lets see what happens in Madison!

I hope you both become really good so we can have something to rep in Milwaukee. (Frank and Sanchaz don't count. They kinda suck)

what ever happened to that bets guy? Does he still play? or even live around here for that matter?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Is no one from the milwaukee area going? You're pretty far out of the way for me Gio. It adds about 75 minutes to the trip each way for me.

Frank got 4 misfires in a row today...
again

john!

Smash Hero
you guys still haven't learned that frank has complete control over melee's RNG

remember when armada plucked that bomb at will? frank can do the same ****.

one in a million children are born with this ability.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
misfire is kinda the wrong word if it's the goal

bets lives in brown deer but he said he doesn't have transportation. I only played with him once.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
also,sanchaz,frootloop,genkaku?im going to host a smashfest tuesday, but what is possible for you guys to be able to attend?? sunday? i want i day i can hav all u guys here let me kno??

G

genkaku

Tuesday is terrible for me. I have drawing classes from 8-5 and then I usually crash. Moday is bad as well. The rest of the week is fairly light and i should be able to make it.

Top Bottom