• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why you DONT main Meta Knight

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
This is for MK mains and non-MK mains. Many MK mains are in this because of the tier list, and they wonder why everyone else isnt playing as him: He is top tier after all. Here you non-MK mains (like me) are going to tell everyone why you DONT main MK when hes top tier.

My reason: I have tried to play as MK as a secondary and the thing is......well i just dont find him fun to play as at all.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
its not fun to play with him...because when you win with him it feels as if you didn't accomplish a thing...the same goes for when i use snake i get no feeling of accomplishment or fun...i can see the same in the face of my opponent...anyway MOST (thats a keyword i didn't say all) of the people who main him winning is everything to them...

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Many MK mains are in this because of the tier list, and they wonder why everyone else isnt playing as him: He is top tier after all.
For the last time, people, there are MK's that actually find his quick and efficient playstyle fun. There are also people who -- ZOMG -- LIKE MK as a character in his actual videogame series! These people played MK from midnight of the day that Brawl came out until now because they like the character, not because they magically predicted that he'd be top tier. WOW, is that even a possibilty? In your guys' minds, I guess that it's not.

For the record, I fit the above descriptions...especially the one that mentions maining MK from day one. Just thought I'd mention that.

By the way, I don't really know the purpose of this thread. The answer to the question that you asked in this thread has been mentioned about 12 million other times in different threads, so I don't see the need to communicate it the 12,000,001st time. All that this accomplishes is the provoking of a flame war: MK haters vs. non-haters of MK. Flame wars aren't healthy for the boards in any way.

On another note...

You don't like play MK because you don't like playing top tier characters? Good for you. I actually enjoy playing against people who are very good with lower tier characters because it provides a unique challenge. Variety is interesting. So, good for you. You can go on perfecting a lesser-used character, and I'll go on using who has always been my favorite character in the Nintendo franchise: Meta Knight.

In a nutshell, people, my point is that this situation isn't painted black and white; believe it or not, there is actually more than one reason that people can like Meta Knight.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
For the last time, people, there are MK's that actually find his quick and efficient playstyle fun. There are also people who -- ZOMG -- LIKE MK as a character in his actual videogame series! These people played MK from midnight of the day that Brawl came out until now because they like the character, not because they magically predicted that he'd be top tier. WOW, is that even a possibilty? In your guys' minds, I guess that it's not.
Rh1thmz pretty much summed me up in this part of his post.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
and thats why i posted "MOST" but not all people play MK for gayness reason...read deeper into things rather than just looking for the negatives

and i also playing mk from day one, he of course was my favorite character form the Kirby series of games...but as time progressed i grew tired of his play style its stale...and there are some many people out there that main him for the reason i stated over the reason you stated

So no matter how you look at it everyone is correct in their own way rather they are against him or all for him

DUB

Smash Lord
MK was cool in the game series and he's a little fun to play with sometimes. He doesn't jave bananas so I don't main him.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I don't use him because I like steak.
=P
No but really, because I just use him for fun against friends. =/ I suck as him, lol. Well, like, sucky as in bad with him compared to other MKs but good enough to beat any of my friends trying to play me, lol.

yamas11

Smash Cadet
He just feels too good. I know it still takes skill, but his obvious advantages just make me feel like I'm using Sagat from SF2.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
to me mk is just like chun li in 3rd strike...just minus the sexy legs
What are you talking about!? MK has got some SEXY legs!! :chuckle:

Nah, I just don't like MK's playstyle. I prefer having that feeling of a tipper and range w/spacing (Marth) or spiking (Falco). Can't forget coolness either...(Sonic)

I just use MK for fun or as my "F*** YOU!" character when a guy that I play irritates me with both his excuses and his Jigglypuff wall of pain spam (I can get past it most of the time anyway, its just annoying so I want to shut it down and embarrass him)

brinboy789

Smash Champion
^this is why i main MK. i already picked him BEFORE brawls release, since hes so awesome. and yes of course my fortune telling skills pwn and i could tell that he would be top tier.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I used to main him, but I've switched to Falco. I don't find him cheap, and I think he's really fun to play as, but I just got tired of being yet another meta-knight at every tourney I went to. I'm willing to sacrifice a little extra power in exchange for playing someone a bit unique.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I find MK fun to play as. I wanted to main him at first because I like him as a character from the Kirby series. A couple of months after Brawl came out,, he was my other main along with Ike. But than all the talk of him being cheap started to begin and I dropped him as a main and secondary.

peeup

Smash Lord
Some people main MK because they like how he plays, or they just like his attitude/character. I respect that.

Some people main MK because they like to win. I don't respect that.

Why don't I main MK? Firstly, I can't disrespect myself, so I wouldn't main him just because I like to win. Secondly, I don't really like the LIGHTNINGFASTZOMGWHEREDHEGOSLASHSLASHSLASH playstyle of his. Also, I've never played Kirby game, so I don't know what he's like. So I don't main him.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice

For the record, I fit the above descriptions...especially the one that mentions maining MK from day one. Just thought I'd mention that.

By the way, I don't really know the purpose of this thread. The answer to the question that you asked in this thread has been mentioned about 12 million other times in different threads, so I don't see the need to communicate it the 12,000,001st time. All that this accomplishes is the provoking of a flame war: MK haters vs. non-haters of MK. Flame wars aren't healthy for the boards in any way.

On another note...

You don't like play MK because you don't like playing top tier characters? Good for you. I actually enjoy playing against people who are very good with lower tier characters because it provides a unique challenge. Variety is interesting. So, good for you. You can go on perfecting a lesser-used character, and I'll go on using who has always been my favorite character in the Nintendo franchise: Meta Knight.

In a nutshell, people, my point is that this situation isn't painted black and white; believe it or not, there is actually more than one reason that people can like Meta Knight.
I know not all people main MK because of the tier list, I myself was eager to give him a try but i didnt find him fun so that was the end of that. At least half the people who main him though are doing it because of the tier list. If you really think that nobody mains MK because of the tier list then your smocking crack my friend

JST

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I don't like about MK is that he's slow as **** in the air and can't FF to save his life. Otherwise, he's a blast to play as - he feels like a quicker, lighter but equally gay counterpart to my main, DDD.

Denzi

Smash Master
I just don't like the way he plays; it doesn't suit me.

Also, lol @ not using him cause his colors suck.

JST

Smash Apprentice
Red MK effin amazing. I don't know what you're thinking. :)

Timbers

check me out
I'll never understand the mentality of people dropping metaknight because another person complained he was cheap.

CALOZ

Smash Apprentice
You know i was trying to main MK. but then i really miss olimar so much so i decide Mk should b my secondary. I use MK cuz of his skillz and a really cool looking mask :D

rehab

Smash Journeyman
If you don't respect people who use Metaknight to win, do you not respect m2k? /not meant to be a hostile question

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
to me MK is fun tho. hes fast, good grab game, he can fly / glide, tornado lets him move quickly , fast dash hes awsome. now obiously hes a bit OP but there are pplpe who take mks down

Uffe

Smash Hero
I couldn't care less if you guys mained him at Brawl's release or whatever. I don't mind those MK people. I don't like those who just follow the crowd because they want to win. I mean everybody wants to win, duh, but seriously, use your main. Because if you can't win with your main in a tournament, then you might as well main MK. Why don't I main MK? I don't main him because I don't like how he feels. Those who followed the crowd, though, they're apart of the reason I don't play as him. Those who already mained him from the beginning, cool. Those who followed, whatever.

Nic64

Smash Lord
people get mad when you pick MK a lot -_- I still play him but not enough to say he's my main, few others I play more...

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't care less if you guys mained him at Brawl's release or whatever. I don't mind those MK people. I don't like those who just follow the crowd because they want to win. I mean everybody wants to win, duh, but seriously, use your main. Because if you can't win with your main in a tournament, then you might as well main MK. Why don't I main MK? I don't main him because I don't like how he feels. Those who followed the crowd, though, they're apart of the reason I don't play as him. Those who already mained him from the beginning, cool. Those who followed, whatever.
ya but "Everyone" started out with MK "nobody" followed the croud.

that was sarcastic btw thing is everyone says that started with MK when they didnt

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i just don't like him either. his movements feel stiff and don't flow in a way i'd like them too. i feel more at home when i pick Ganon than MK lol.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman

So, good for you. You can go on perfecting a lesser-used character, and I'll go on using who has always been my favorite character in the Nintendo franchise: Meta Knight.

This, tired of people claiming i play based on tiers, i don't believe tiers make THAT much of a difference, CF can still be played, and he can still win, just like anyone else.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
This is for MK mains and non-MK mains. Many MK mains are in this because of the tier list, and they wonder why everyone else isnt playing as him: He is top tier after all. Here you non-MK mains (like me) are going to tell everyone why you DONT main MK when hes top tier.
I don't like MK's playstyle, and I've mained Mario ever since Smash64. I'll never abandon him no matter how bad he is compared to others, because I don't give a **** about tiers. So what if MK is top tier and dramatically powerful? I'll fight them anyway. Win or Lose, I know I've done it with my Mario, and that is satisfactory enough for me.

I also main Link and Ike because they're awesome.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I don't main him because MK annoys people and I dislike people smack talking because of it but I like using MK him and fighting him and MK reminds me of Wolverine in Marvel vs Capcom *DRILL CLAW!*

Dyxnar14

Smash Apprentice
I use alot of the Upper Tiers(Falco,snake,Marth,Kirby,IC)and i main 3 lower tiers(Link,PT,CF). I use them because there fun to use. MK used to be my secondary until I figured that MK was losing his fun to me. Its all about Fun Characters to me

Top Bottom