• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why yl is low tier

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
**** man i want a mm against a yl with my zelda

but hey i might use my yl against someone zelda no promises but if you see me at pound 4 you might as well ask I might end up taking it

rhan

Smash Hero
rhan's samus is amazing =')

but rhan you might have some competition their was a old smasher here in sova that main'ed yl he is asian and has a fo-hawk(i think that how you spell it laugh) he was before stars i think but yea he was amazing i will try to find him for ya...if you don't know who he is already

oh yea rhan is all of stars coming to pund 4? kp and ivy?
I know who you're talking about. I hate to talk junk behind people's backs. But he's not that good. He knows tricks and such but he doesn't know how to apply them into a match. I beat him at the first Hi Score tourney a long time ago and at Uki's smashfest when KF went against SS.

I heard CNU played around with Young Link but I also heard Speedyoshi had 2cd best Young Link (Next to schoolie) and I either 2 or 3 stocked him on FoD in dittos. Haven't played Schoolie's yet. But I did watch a YL ditto of him and Speed and I wasn't impressed.

Pitzer, S-Man and I are planning to go Pound 4. IV is probably not gonna go cause he possibly doesn't have a ride. KP I have no idea what's up with him now-a-days. At least smashwise.
**** man i want a mm against a yl with my zelda

but hey i might use my yl against someone zelda no promises but if you see me at pound 4 you might as well ask I might end up taking it
How come I was never asked to one of these? :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Haha personally I don't think that...

But I mainly asked him that cause we live in the same area.

rhan

Smash Hero
SHUSH! Don't have the Zelda players back down now. :( But yeah Young Link can control Zelda pretty easily. Even if she uses Nayru's love it leaves her open for a good dash attack or a cc d-smash. Unless in the air. Then that option is any aerial.

D

Deleted member

SHUSH! Don't have the Zelda players back down now. :( But yeah Young Link can control Zelda pretty easily. Even if she uses Nayru's love it leaves her open for a good dash attack or a cc d-smash. Unless in the air. Then that option is any aerial.
my usual strategy for falco applies to YL but not nearly as well: powershield camping. I haven't sincerely used nayru's for a reflector in a very long time.

rhan

Smash Hero
wait a second i know my zelda with a little training can beat a yl i know it fairs all day baby
Next time we see each other. Your Zelda vs my Young Link. 10$! I can go lower if you need me to but 10 is my max and 1 is my min. (No going Sheik period).

Deal?

my usual strategy for falco applies to YL but not nearly as well: powershield camping. I haven't sincerely used nayru's for a reflector in a very long time.
Poswer Shielding is a good way not to get hit by a Young Link's projectiles but that's only reliable is your power shielding is on point. Also since my proojectiles can be used in arcs and angles, there's only slight chance they'll hit me back. Possibly if I throw them head on they'll fly back at me but more than likely the projectiles are going to be angled.

Nayru's love is a sure way to deflect Young Link's projectiles but it obviously leave you open for a little. Same really applies to the power shielding method except it's slower.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Well see when I did them I wasn't sure if I should put "for ___" before the combo or after, so instead I just put them around my favorites (the one between Chip and Jash is my favorite, I think)

and I was very happy to FS a bomb jumping Samus I always wanted to do that XD

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Mow, you're always flamboyant about your ability to powershield consistently. I guess it's all Zelda really has, though. :ohwell:

Admittedly, if my bombs kept getting PSed back at me, I'd be rather perplexed.

rhan

Smash Hero
In my opinion, a Young Link doesn't need to camp projectiles against Zelda. She's combo bait.

rhan

Smash Hero
So I played Melee after a long month of not playing it.....

And I'm so hyped to go to Pound 4 now! I'm pretty confident that I can claim top 15 (Bold statement I know but this past weekend opened my eyes and I truely believe that I have exceeded past my limits).

My playing at Pound 4 will be my prime.

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
I actually have a topic! I've recently taken my YL to meta game again and for fun just practice on about 100 level 6s but on random. I've found that some characters are much easier to fire spike than others. Believe it or not it isn't all just size. G&W and Yoshi seem the easiest to me at the moment but I'm going to keep observing.

Discuss.

rhan

Smash Hero
I can't Fire Spike so I can't be in the conversation. I'm a failure of a Young Link player.... :(

Top Bottom