• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why the sheik boards are dead...

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
we lack pagan idol worship. Also, lets list our favorite and worst characters to play against :laugh:

My favorite is: Ike, he's easy to ftilt :laugh:
My worst is: Rob, he has... like auto spacing

ADHD

Smash Hero
Rob is okay I guess, pretty **** annoying sometimes though...

Best: lukas (he gets a hard time approaching me)
Worst: probably pika

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Worst = Ike
Not sure why but I hate Ike and I always run into attacks and forget that his down smash hits both sides as does his up smash. That and I hate Ike in general.

Easiest= Lucas or even zelda. bowser too

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ike and Dedede are my favorite matchups that I see a decent amount of.

I hate playing against Meta Knight because the matchup is simply. Not. Enjoyable.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
we lack pagan idol worship. Also, lets list our favorite and worst characters to play against :laugh:

My favorite is: Ike, he's easy to ftilt :laugh:
My worst is: Rob, he has... like auto spacing
I think the shiek forums are dead b/c nobody answers anybody's q's. It's been like 3 weeks since I asked questions about shiek in various threads and none of them gets answered. Dang it Ankoku do you even check allisbrawl?

But seriously even though there is a shiek guide, its not advancing at all so. For someone like me who just picked up shiek is there really any recent progress in terms of shiek's metagame/strategies I should know besides the things in Ankoku's guide, or is it like every shiek main goes solo in terms of improving?

I love playing against zelda w/ shiek must say I hate playing snake though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't pay as much attention to AiB, but I honestly don't know the answer to your question about her dair because I rarely use it anyway.

I might feel like writing a guide later in the year, if somebody better doesn't do it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I try breathing life once and a while into the Sheik forum (I even had a release plan to stimulate growth a month in advance) but sadly most of my finding are either extremely small or just negative facts about gay **** other characters can do to Sheik, mainly meta knight, which I’m beginning to think is a harder match up then the Ice climbers in melee and that says a lot!

Also because of my inability to record I’m force to describe actions that can’t be really understand without a wall of text and with my poor writing skills I struggle to make it clear.

I think the biggest let down though as far as "pagan idol worship" was when someone put up some Captain Jack videos. Even though I know Captain Jack doesn’t live in Japan but Europe (at least last time I check) it was still a huge let down to see him look so terrible. I mean seriously if he had done just one dash cancel up smash I would be insanely pleased.

Another thing you have to keep in mind though is that the Sheik forum in Melee was also very inactive compare to the other characters just because there was so little to actually discuss about besides how to do like the three advance tech and character match up.

Anyways my favorite match up’s would have to be D3 and Lucario just because how even the fight feels and in a game full of snakes and Meta knights even is wonderful.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I think the shiek forums might also be dead b/c there is also a lack of recent vids. Videos really help noobs to a certain character learn things however, all the vids in the video thread are like 2 months old. Does anybody know where I can see recent shiek action and which player tags I should look up to see a good shiek?

I see ankoku I guess I can't blame you if you don't know the answer.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's because people think they can use her like melee style and she is just way to weak to sit their and play mindgames as much as you could with her in melee. It's not the same and needles are a big part of her play now.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Really? Needles don't seem as effective as her melee ones so I would think they would not be used as much in Brawl. However, what's a general strat you use for shiek? Rack up damage via f-tilt combos, good prediction and needles. Then, knock off stage and perform some awesome edgeguarding? I'm guessing edgeguarding is the biggest thing for shiek right?

Kashimaru

Smash Apprentice
IMO, the boards are dead because Sheik is just plain unpopular now, is like "Sheik?? No way! She is sooo nerfed!" ..thats why there are almost no new vids and no people to answer questions.

Oh and 3xSwords, its Sheik, not Shiek, please ;)

Chomp The Fourth

Smash Rookie
YO MAN!

WTF IS UP WITH THIS ****?!

You gotta understand bro.

The Sheik boards will NEVER DIE!!!

YOU KNOW WHY? CUZ WE PLAY TO WIN!

IF WE DONT PLAY TO WIN, WE PLAY TO LOSE, LIKE LIBERALS!

LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!

(sponsored by Red Bull)

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if i have a favorite matchup... Fighting Ike isn't so bad, and fighting some like Falco isn't so bad either for me at least,

...fighting Metaknight however is INSANELY annoying...same thing with Rob, which is why in those matchups I usually use Zelda instead.

Villi

Smash Lord
Snake and Marth are tied for my favorite match ups.

I hate Meta Knight so much. You guyysss.... :'( Also Pit sucks too.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Really? Needles don't seem as effective as her melee ones so I would think they would not be used as much in Brawl. However, what's a general strat you use for shiek? Rack up damage via f-tilt combos, good prediction and needles. Then, knock off stage and perform some awesome edgeguarding? I'm guessing edgeguarding is the biggest thing for shiek right?
Everything is slowed down now, needles have a great defense and just opening for approaching.

Edit: Meta is another one who hates needles becuase it stops his gay *** tornado and drill attacks.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
Ike and Dedede are my favorite matchups that I see a decent amount of.

I hate playing against Meta Knight because the matchup is simply. Not. Enjoyable.
Kohaku > Ciel

That and Shiek forums really need to find some interesting technique to spice up game play. Doesnt need to help shiekd per say just needs to be fun xD.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anime? I'm playing the game.

Ciel's got a freaking immortal body, and her Black Keys pin you down if they hit your shadow.
Kohaku's just a little synchronizer who lost all her emotions because of a traumatic childhood.

Ciel > Kohaku

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
Anime? I'm playing the game.

Ciel's got a freaking immortal body, and her Black Keys pin you down if they hit your shadow.
Kohaku's just a little synchronizer who lost all her emotions because of a traumatic childhood.

Ciel > Kohaku
I never got a translation for my GAME :mad:. I play Kohaku n Ciel. They both combo well.

2circle>2circle(5kick) are ciel combo starters. :D She's got a tons of others. But this is a Shiek forums right? Not melty blood xD.

storm92

Smash Ace
Favorite: DeDeDe. Easy enough to ftilt, a huge target for edgeguarding, and is so slow compared to Sheik it's funny.
Worst: Metaknight. His attacks have like no lag and although Sheik has some fast attacks, I can never consistently beat a MK once they get down by strategy.

Jok3r

Smash Apprentice
.. Eveytime i hear someone talk about sheik is mainly about how bad she got Nerf . or just say "Sheik sucks". Like really she isn't that bad >.<.. The lack of vids isn't helping sheik out at all . People who look for someone new to play always look for vids . She's doesn't really have much at all ... Tilts .. dash attack cancel... um yea... I guess us Sheik mainers are going to have to face that fact that Sheik isn't going to get any better than she is .. I thnk they discover as much as possbile ..And yeah those captain jack vids were really bad =\.. *cries* . hmm my best match for me has to be against D3 mad fun. and ike. Worst match has to be hands down Meta knight and also Falco <.<

Popertop

Smash Champion
I think no one played Sheik because they loved the character, they just played her because it was so easy to get good with her.
There's not much to her, just do a bunch of tilts and no-lag combos.
Now that you can't do that in brawl, and you actually have to put forth some effort in order to progress with Sheik, a lot of people are giving up and picking up other chars. *coughMetacough*

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol

I didn't play Melee competitively, and so I'm at a loss for a comparison about AT's and nerfs, since I simply didn't pay attention back then.

I played against TW for my first vs Sheik game, and afterwards I decided to look at Sheik forums, just to find that there wasn't much activity here, and alot of whining about nerfs.

Sheik isn't a bad character, from my experience fighting against her.

Then again, you can blow it off with a "but you play... SONIC lulzulzuluzlulz" but compared to other characters and players I fought, Sheik is actually pretty scary if you let her stick too close to you D:

whatever :x

just get out of the Melee mindset and relearn Brawl Sheik, you'll see less 'nerf' and figure out new things ;D

Ganondorf's done it, Peach players are doing it, Captain Falcons... are struggling with it (some people are STILL going on about the knee), and well, Sheik can definitely continue on :x

Find some dude who's good at Snake, work on the vs Snake game, win, post video. That should get people's attentions lul

Ants

Smash Cadet
sheik's limited ko moves = up smash + up b = dead sheik boards.
people must realize that now u kinda hav to change to zelda for a kill, unless ur going to gimp with bairs and hog with chain.

iv had a much easier time with people when iv changed to zelda for a finisher then when iv played sheik the whole match. Understandably though, some sheik players don't like playing zelda.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
sheik's limited ko moves = up smash + up b = dead sheik boards.
people must realize that now u kinda hav to change to zelda for a kill, unless ur going to gimp with bairs and hog with chain.

iv had a much easier time with people when iv changed to zelda for a finisher then when iv played sheik the whole match. Understandably though, some sheik players don't like playing zelda.
Yeah...I'm not so keen on the idea to use Zelda on every match up but against such characters as Meta Knight or Toon Link who are extremely hard to combo and edge guard a Sheik/Zelda mix seem to be the best idea.

Although, Zelda does have some other good matches up that are more in favor for Zelda then Sheik I find my skills with Sheik is so great that I can usally muscle my way though without any Zelda assistance if their recovery is gimp able.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
Off the stage, shiek is like Marth. I play shiek once in a while for fun and have a tendency to follow people of the edge... drop Fair> jump Fair and they're usually to far out to recover.

But alas i cannot win with the **** bixa vs someone decent to save my life.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
warios are funny and frustrating to play against xD they just have to camp and have their mouth open and you'll realize how futile it is to approach the same way you usually do and... then i personally just spam needles xD

Top Bottom