• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why pichu should be higher arguement pichu vs kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Warning I know for a fact this thread will get bad like always but the point is why pichu should or shouldn't be higher than kirby on the list I believe pichu should at least be 3rd from the bottom.

Pichu should move up for a number of reasons the pichu boards have been inproveing and devopleing pichu's metagame and invent new tactics and techs.

to start off kirby is weak, slow, light, little or no combos(other than up-tilt), gimpable, bad movement/moves, and easy to combo. But i,ve heard he should be higher because of he range and his edge gaurd. Other that his tilts and duck are good.

pichu is strong, fast, no bad stages, great movement, no useless moves, has combos, projectiles,really hard to hit, great grab game with set-ups, great recovery, and good juggle and anti juggle.

But he has the wosre overall range, light, high hit stun,and some moves hurt(just land them if you use them but if it works 4% for a grab is pretty sweet).

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
pichu is strong, fast, no bad stages, great movement, no useless moves, has combos, projectiles,really hard to hit, great grab game with set-ups, great recovery, and good juggle and anti juggle.
That's a little exaggerated lol. Yes, optimum pichu playing may beat optimum kirby playing, but it's not by much nor does this matter a whole lot... I mean why do you even want him moved up? The metagame of either of those chars hasn't developed much. Plus if you're alright with pichu you can just tell someone you just wrecked them with the worst character in the game haha... anyway, not a big issue here imo.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lmao
no one cares
do you think people really care that the MvC2 tier list hasn't changed since like maybe.... 2005 or 2006, despite players using different chars and such? stop caring so much about the **** tier list.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
if you are trying to prove me wrong give me some anwsers what esle works that you don't have to di into? I care because hurting yourself isn't as bad as killing selfmaybe it's mental but it bugs the S*** out of me it's a lie and it's waving it's D*** in my face like when I was *****. Not even joking.

Really I hate lies. I couldn't live a lie.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
My opinion, is that people over-rate the fact that Pichu does a little damage to itself using certain moves.

It really isn't that bad, although Pichu would be far better without that stupid feature.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I dont really think ppl care about pichu harming himself anymore, anyone who thinks that holds pichu back clearly doesn't know enough about what really holds pichu back

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I argee you could camp, make a mini fair wall, stall,up-B like crazy, and use the C-stick to di with. But yeah i only do 20 ish% a match.

ahh dude I just had found out how amazing it is to auto cancel up-air. Maybe grab on the edge and side-B

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kirby's U-tilt is better for comboing than everything in Pichu's moveset combined. I would rather have 1 good, effective combo move than 6 terrible combo moves.

Kirby's Bair is also a better combo finisher than anything in Pichu's arsenal. Pichu's throws do not combo except for U-throw Nair on some characters and U-throw Uair --> follow and maybe F-throw --> something if they fail DI and other things immensely. His superior throw combos, however, are partly dulled by his hideously awful grab range. This ignores fast fallers, of course, who can be chain grabbed, but I really doubt Pichu's going to be grabbing them at all. His range versus their superior speed, range, and/or shines will screw him out being able to grab them often enough for a chain grab (that only works on one level) to do anything.

D-throw tech chasing with Pichu on Falco/Fox/Falcon is about as guaranteed as doing it with Kirby (Pichu has higher speed, Kirby has actual grab range). If we're going to say that Pichu can do it, it is only fair to say that Kirby can too.

Pichu's moveset is terribly weak except for his F-smash and U-smash and those are impossible to regularly hit with (see: terrible range, you can DI out of his F-smash, etc).

All of Pichu's moves might have some situational use somewhere, but a lot of them are pretty close to useless. His Side B is terrible. The only point of it is recovery. But if being worth a tiny bit of horizontal distance is enough to warrant being useful, we might as well say that Kirby's got not useless moves either because you can kind of sweetspot with his Stone and Hammer can punish Rest at low percents and aerial hammer can edgecancel to grab the edge at perfect spacing and is disjointed.

Pichu's metagame has gone almost nowhere. The only change is people are doing fewer other moves and more Nair. And they don't care about taking 1% for doing Thunder Jolt.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Kirby doesn't really combo.
from the other thread.

f-smash has insane knockback and is great for edge guard I always time it so only the last 1 or 2 hits hit. you forgot to count down-smash, b-throw , dair, down-B, and the very rare side-B mindgame of death. I,ve once heard a guy yell oh S*** when I started changeing.super rare but it's amazing when it happens.

kirby's bair os pretty legit off an ender(you should have remembered upair poor range hard to use sometimes but legit) but I still think up-smash is really good too. Like chain up-smash, upair, beating predictable approachs.

if somehow people have figured out how to land nair as pichu vs a ffer then they can easyly land upiar which is good for combos or juggling, setting up grabs or what have you.

But how can kirby get an uptilt? you can't DD around upair to combo you have to let them run into it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
from the other thread.
I meant Kirby doesn't do long combos. He does 2 hits, usually. His 2-hit combos are largely better than Pichu's combos.

f-smash has insane knockback and is great for edge guard I always time it so only the last 1 or 2 hits hit. you forgot to count down-smash, b-throw , dair, down-B, and the very rare side-B mindgame of death. I,ve once heard a guy yell oh S*** when I started changeing.super rare but it's amazing when it happens.
This is almost all entirely false.

D-smash has no range and requires them to run into it. It doesn't even have that much knockback, just a low trajectory. Most characters aren't even gimped by it unless you do it right at the edge.

F-smash if you're timing it so only the last hit connects makes its startup even slower. You're asking me how Kirby lands U-tilt but then you propose you make an even slower move with less range work? And time it so that it's even slower than normal? There's a lack of consistency here.

B-throw is DIable and requires the opponent to run into you camping near the edge. Which is very similar to the "They need to run into it" argument, that you keep running on almost all of Kirby's moves.

Dair is not a KO move, it is very weak. Neither is Down-B because it launches them with weak knockback; it is only a KO move if you combo them to the ceiling with Uairs or U-smashes but that is ridiculously situational.

Side-B is horrible. Mindgames are not a real answer to anything. With the mindgames logic, I can make my opponent fall into anything.

kirby's bair os pretty legit off an ender(you should have remembered upair poor range hard to use sometimes but legit) but I still think up-smash is really good too. Like chain up-smash, upair, beating predictable approachs.
All your points revolve around beating predictable approaches, making your opponent run into the move, or your opponent being intimidated by your Side B. Which rarely happens against good people.

I did forget Kirby's Uair. Thank you for reminding me.

if somehow people have figured out how to land nair as pichu vs a ffer then they can easyly land upiar which is good for combos or juggling, setting up grabs or what have you.
This is reasonable. Pichu's Nair hitbox is much better for hitting people at ground level than his Uair, however, which makes setting up Uairs different. Also, Uairs are weak and can be crouch canceled for a much longer time than Nairs.

But how can kirby get an uptilt? you can't DD around upair to combo you have to let them run into it.
How are you making people run into D-smash (horrible range, only works at the edge and therefore predictable), late F-smashes (slow, horrible range), Pichu's grab (horrible range), U-smash (horrible range, slow), and Side-B (LOL)?

Consistency, please.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I really should try. the moves I said most are for getting them off the stage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNgwSBTem-A

OOOh truth me side-B is uber rare to pull off I argee but it's amazing really or if you want to feel like God jump off and side-B themit's amazingly epic.:)

upsmash beats falcons dair easily which is falcons best way to combo pichu other than side-B which you over stand why that shouldn't be spammed nair is hard to land and I have no idea how hard it is to hit a dding pichu with anything other than a grab as falcon. In truth I don't know many match-ups why nothing is said about the ones I don't know much about.

pichu's up-smash isn't slow it's faster than marth's F-smash which isn't slow. but up-smash is lagy.

I feel it should be said nair is really good, nair tilt sometimes grab or another nair it's all you see on the other pichu vs videos I really don't that much compared but I think it's pretty good for combos. I just saw a pichu(Dr. PeePee) vs jigglypuff who basicly DDed around nair up-tilt nair.

Really you can't pull something out your A** and say kirby's upatilt is way better than everything. also pichu has more kill power/edge gaurd set ups. kirby has bair, hammer(lol), and maybe f-smash or f-tilt to get them off the stage. I won't count throws because they send them more upwards than anything esle.

I really hope you say something about falcon punching them off the stage

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I really should try. the moves I said most are for getting them off the stage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNgwSBTem-A
This...

I feel it should be said nair is really good, nair tilt sometimes grab or another nair it's all you see on the other pichu vs videos I really don't that much compared but I think it's pretty good for combos. I just saw a pichu(Dr. PeePee) vs jigglypuff who basicly DDed around nair up-tilt nair.
...And this are just examples of good player using Pichu vs bad player that nobody's ever heard of or, alternatively, that they're clearly better than. That's a terrible way to rate a character.

OOOh truth me side-B is uber rare to pull off I argee but it's amazing really or if you want to feel like God jump off and side-B themit's amazingly epic.:)
As epic as it might be, any time you could Side-B them offstage another move would have been better.

upsmash beats falcons dair easily which is falcons best way to combo pichu other than side-B which you over stand why that shouldn't be spammed nair is hard to land and I have no idea how hard it is to hit a dding pichu with anything other than a grab as falcon. In truth I don't know many match-ups why nothing is said about the ones I don't know much about.
You just said you had no idea what you're talking about, why should anyone listen to you?

Also, what is wrong with just DDing into grab against Pichu with Falcon? It's not like Pichu can do anything about it and grab leads to ridiculously good combos so I see no issue.

pichu's up-smash isn't slow it's faster than marth's F-smash which isn't slow. but up-smash is lagy.
Marth's F-smash is slow. It counterbalances this by having awesome range, a 20% tipper with monster knockback, being equipped to a character that can combo into it in a variety of ways, and going really far below the stage during edgeguarding. Pichu's U-smash has very few of these advantages.

Really you can't pull something out your A** and say kirby's upatilt is way better than everything. also pichu has more kill power/edge gaurd set ups. kirby has bair, hammer(lol), and maybe f-smash or f-tilt to get them off the stage. I won't count throws because they send them more upwards than anything esle.
Kirby's U-tilt is better than all of Pichu's combo moves because of the useful send and comboing into Bair (or other stuff) thing. And it can be linked from a bunch of his moves situationally and depending on percent and usually has a follow. It also does more than 3-4%, which is kind of nice. The decent range also lets it beat moves and it's fast enough to do it, which is useful, and works well with his excellent duck.

I really hope you say something about falcon punching them off the stage
Although I would never do that, it would still probably make more sense than talking about Pichu Side B as a good edgeguard move LOL.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
KirbyKaze, I hope you realize you're arguing with someone who thinks Pichu-Falco is 80-20 in Pichu's favor.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I never said that elevarrow3000 what are you smoking? I,ve never said pichu counters anyone nor do I think he counters anyone in this game but he does do decent vs some people. But really I wouldn't say kirby counters anyone in this game too.

and the I have no idea how hard ir is to hit a dding pichu is because i,ve never fought anyone useing pichu duh. And i,m being smart I won't talk about match ups I don't know about like pichu vs peach.

marth has the fastest f-smash in the game. pichu's up-smash is faster what does that mean?

also I deceided to watch a random youtube video of a kirby player surprizingly there were no up-tilt combos lol the uptilts killed at like 170% or so. I randomed a random pichu player who didn't even main pichu but did it for lolz and comboed jigglypuff with nair up-tilt nair. that's at least 30%. the kirby tryed to use side-B in the air to combo even landed it but was punished before the move could touch the ground and there were only 6 uptilts in it.

the pichu was able to combo jigglypuff with nair. The kirby was you. first thing I found by kirby kaze. Didn't you(or maybe that was pink reaper) once say kirby can't hit m2 and it isn't because of range it's the teleporting and camping shawdow balls. kirby has the best duck in the game but he is campable. pichu could be camped I geuss but not as easy due to his speed and I know some people have promoted camping and we both know pichu isn't easy to camp size speed duck and has projectiles of his own even if they are bad to counter camp with.

tell me why I put out the upair thing for kirby.

side-B was for lols

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
sorry man , Falco vs pichu wow , pichu ***** falco about as much as ICs freeze glitch , falco must deal with a small target and a great recovery and pichu can string the same move over and over again ,moves like up smash up throw up tilt upair nair and falco is the second easiest character to spike with down smash

(you can try in training with fox ! Back throw 2 down-smash him to his death he must be at 0% at his re-spawn on FD) falco has what he has on everyone and his laser's can't hit a ducking pichu.So i think that's it for falco
Marth's fsmash isn't as fast as people think it is. Also, he has range so you can connect with it.

It's easy to camp Pichu. What's he really going to do back?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
DO you have any idea how F***ed up I was back then? I sucked so bad back then. How come I see !'s in that? I learned from my flaws improved idea and etc. learned to understand flaws and etc. maybe 20-80 pichu being countered.

If pichu is camped then kirby is camped far harder he is slower, bigger and no projectiles. what will kirby do? pichu can beat things and avoid them well.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I,ve given reasons. If I can admit I sucked back then I didn't know what I was talking about. I study pichu Mother F***er I look at details you don't care about I think of new tactics to try/use. Really I have stated a number of reasons why I believe pichu should move up. The guy with a C in his name way right.

Again I F**ing study pichu I know his flaws and his good parts I have been trying to learn something to understand better but this is a waste of both our tme. Oh well rub some S*** in my face I can't feel.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Pichu doesn't have the potential or variability to move up. He just doesn't have options.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
marth has the fastest f-smash in the game. pichu's up-smash is faster what does that mean?
How does this negate anything I said about range and other things? Also, being 1 frame faster than a slow move isn't exactly good. It doesn't matter if Marth has the fastest F-smash if it's still slow.

also I deceided to watch a random youtube video of a kirby player surprizingly there were no up-tilt combos lol the uptilts killed at like 170% or so.
I found a random Pichu vid where Pichu gets 4-stocked with Sheik at 43%. I can find matches where Kirby beats Sheik. Youtube is a terrible judge.

I randomed a random pichu player who didn't even main pichu but did it for lolz and comboed jigglypuff with nair up-tilt nair. that's at least 30%.
I love the bad DI game.

D-throw --> U-tilt --> U-tilt --> U-tilt --> U-tilt --> U-tilt --> U-smash. In some random Kirby combo video I think, so it must be legit! It's on Youtube, after all.

the kirby tryed to use side-B in the air to combo even landed it but was punished before the move could touch the ground and there were only 6 uptilts in it.
Youtube is a terrible judge of everything.

the pichu was able to combo jigglypuff with nair. The kirby was you. first thing I found by kirby kaze.
Old videos of me are awful evidence.

Didn't you(or maybe that was pink reaper) once say kirby can't hit m2 and it isn't because of range it's the teleporting and camping shawdow balls.
It was Pink Reaper. And I didn't have a comment on it because I have never played a good Mewtwo with Kirby.

kirby has the best duck in the game but he is campable. pichu could be camped I geuss but not as easy due to his speed and I know some people have promoted camping and we both know pichu isn't easy to camp size speed duck and has projectiles of his own even if they are bad to counter camp with.
Terrible range makes him easier to counter camp. Kirby is much better at pinning people when he gets the chance to do so because of his better in-combat stuff (duck, grab range, attack range, etc).

tell me why I put out the upair thing for kirby.
I don't know.

side-B was for lols
I actually think you were being serious, tbh. And now you're backing out because you realize how stupid you've been.

I,ve given reasons. If I can admit I sucked back then I didn't know what I was talking about. I study pichu Mother F***er I look at details you don't care about I think of new tactics to try/use. Really I have stated a number of reasons why I believe pichu should move up. The guy with a C in his name way right.
You can study him all you want, but if you're consistently wrong because of faulty sources (Youtube) and because you rely on flawed arguments like "Mindgames" to win arguments to prove why your character is incredibly capable (because "Mindgames" is applicable to everyone) then you're wasting your time. And preaching false information.

Again I F**ing study pichu I know his flaws and his good parts I have been trying to learn something to understand better but this is a waste of both our tme. Oh well rub some S*** in my face I can't feel.
If you didn't use "Mindgames" or "Youtube" as a constant source of evidence and actually had something that addressed his awful range and being one of the most easily death comboed and camped characters in the game then maybe I'd feel differently but so far it's been:

1) Make them run into move
2) Make them not DI so you get a big 40% combo every time even on floaties
3) Make them run into a move when you're camping the edge at some point

None of these are really solid strategies.

The little you've said about his poor range and poor overall move quality boils down to you comparing his attack speed to Marths, but also omitting that Marth has

1) More movement speed in almost every regard
2) More range
3) More useful hitbox properties
4) More potential to do things with his moves

And even then, Marth's slow moves (like F-smash) are slow. Just because your move is slightly, slightly faster than a slow move does not make your move fast by any stretch of the imagination.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
LOL at "Marth has the fastest Fsmash in the game"

Samus is sad lol

Edit: Also, I stand by my assertion that you can't touch M2 with Kirby. Granted, the M2 was Taj but still.

Edit 2: More wrong info from the Pichu player. Falco can hit a ducking Pichu with lasers. He can hit a ducking KIRBY with lasers.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I sucked really bad back then but yeah everyone can get shoot by falco. But kirby couldn't touch m2 because of the shawdow balls and teleports and junk right? I want a firm understanding. that's what I was thinging when I said stuff about camping. if m2 can camp kirby who couldn't camp the crap out of him?

phish-it

Smash Champion
This thread is funny. Both characters are complete trash and no neither of their meta-games have been advancing. I think Pichu is slightly less terrible than Kirb but even then thats not saying much.

Aren't they the same speed at frame 10?
Yes.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Kirby can't touch Mewtwo because Mewtwo outranges him.

And because uh Taj is really freaking good at Mewtwo.

Marth's fsmash starts up top, so Samus' will hit faster, most of the time. Does that make sense?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I knew it was 10 frames before I checked. But I thought jigglypuff's was faster oh well.

Oh dude amazing idea here. I can autocancel pichu's upair fairly easy by fast falling and useing upair a tad later(before I fast fall if that helps) autocancel brings lag to 2 frames vs 9 frames. this makes me think anti CC and sheild grab. I need to check before I say it's good but the fact jab comes out on frame 2 with the insane lag of 3 frames inbetween low hit and at least decent hitstun all point to it working.

yeah the mareth guy is right marth starts at the top but seeing as we are being technical they are equal but smaus's really is faster with equal speed.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
People don't have to wait for you to land to grab, y'know =P

Plus, what's the point of shield pressure anyway? I've never understood that. Why not just cross up and grab?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
earlier KK siad upair won't work as well as nair because it's much easier to CC. So yeah CC ****. sheild pressure leads to sheild stabs, and a message hey stop useing your sheild so much and rare cases a sheild break not for pichu but yeah. jab is 2 frames grabs is 7 CCers/ sheild grabs should be able to get you

You can understand the anti CC part other than maybe fox but why go defense like that?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
This thread right here is some lols.
l
do you think people really care that the MvC2 tier list hasn't changed since like maybe.... 2005 or 2006, despite players using different chars and such? stop caring so much about the **** tier list.
Cyclops definitely got moved up to god tier. I know at some point they were talking about dropping Cable from god tier. They just dont keep their tierlists extremely up-to-date.

___

Pichu and Kirby. -laughs hysterically-

Take a look at both of them vs the lowtiers in their respective matchups (if people actually KNOW low tier vs low tier matchups anymore, lol).

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
earlier KK siad upair won't work as well as nair because it's much easier to CC. So yeah CC ****. sheild pressure leads to sheild stabs, and a message hey stop useing your sheild so much and rare cases a sheild break not for pichu but yeah. jab is 2 frames grabs is 7 CCers/ sheild grabs should be able to get you

You can understand the anti CC part other than maybe fox but why go defense like that?
That's so dumb. I would never pressure a shield for a shield stab. I'd just grab. Much less risk, equal or higher gain.

And people aren't going to stop using their shield, they're just going to do something gay to stall and replenish it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
so when your falco and they sheild you won't shine?UP-B punishment!!!(samus or bowser) sometimes the grab isn't fast enough. And sheild pressure is some times needed to avoid being grabed or up-Bed for the likes of fox/ falco.

Yes I know how bad both pichu and kirby suck they both lose to everyone in the game or in rare cases an even match-up or decent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom