• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why People Think Ike Sucks

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ah. I remembered DSB the best out of the lot. The rest I just recognized the names. Most of them left after the game came out. There was that one, really long story that guy was writing. Where Mario created Master Hand, who took him over, or something like that? Yoshi got shredded by a Beastout MegMan.EXE IIRC. It was good at first, but got lame after a while. Too much fan service.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Ah. I remembered DSB the best out of the lot. The rest I just recognized the names. Most of them left after the game came out. There was that one, really long story that guy was writing. Where Mario created Master Hand, who took him over, or something like that? Yoshi got shredded by a Beastout MegMan.EXE IIRC. It was good at first, but got lame after a while. Too much fan service.
Yes, well DSB and his Geno rants are very memorable. Yeah, most of the good users migrated to the Social board, but even that's basically degenerated now. Therefore, here I am. BTW, what's your username on GFAQS? I might remember something you've done.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's the same as it is here. I didn't really do much besides the occasional random posting. I posted a MegaMan.EXE moveset, but thats about it before the game came out. >_>

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
people get the impression ike blows because he's slow and his moves have lag
ike is really good IMO Ftilt/Bair/Nair and Fair take care of killing and lag and the spike is brutal if ur good with it so the lag problem is fixed with that. as for speed i dont think he's that slow and i main pikachu who is pretty speedy. anyways midgames take care of that speed thing, if they dont see something coming that means it came pretty fast wouldnt you say???
EDIT: i dont use ike but im decent with him

§leepy God

Smash Master
They don't face enough good Ike's, I mean if you just play Ike and suck with him doesn't mean that he's bad. To add all that, most of the people that pick Ike don't even know what game he came from, lol. But like I said before, people don't face enough good Ike's and that's that.

comboking

Smash Master
Ike is not a good character. Just forget about it.
Just because other people say he is. Just ignore them and get on with your life just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true.Just leave with the satisfaction that that person is wrong and you are right but don't brag.
peace out!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ike is not a good character. Just forget about it.
Just because other people say he is. Just ignore them and get on with your life just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true.Just leave with the satisfaction that that person is wrong and you are right but don't brag.
peace out!
The idea that you should ignore people who differ in opinion and simply call them wrong isn't smart at all. Comboking, what the ****.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Its all the scrubs that say "omg ike has powah" and start using him, then go super move crazy. ESPECIALLY online. -___-
They'll get no sympathy from me!

comboking

Smash Master
The idea that you should ignore people who differ in opinion and simply call them wrong isn't smart at all. Comboking, what the ****.
Sorry that is not what I meant at all.I meant if they start a topic that says Ike sucks which he does just report it as spam(cause we have like 30 threads that say he sucks).okay I hope that clears things up.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Ike's potential is reflected by the player, thus making him difficult to master.
good player = dangerous ike
loladin player = loladin ike

Edit: the guy who knows where loladin is from gets a cooky, a nice shiny one *-*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lessoned Learned, learn how to play then talk big.
I disagree, learn to play, then go around telling everyone that Ike's the best because his Fsmash is so strong, so that they completely underestimate you.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
I disagree, learn to play, then go around telling everyone that Ike's the best because his Fsmash is so strong, so that they completely underestimate you.
Ha ha! That can work too. Though I myself only get cocky when I have the upper hand, either way just don't fool yourself when you think your the best

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ha ha! That can work too. Though I myself only get cocky when I have the upper hand, either way just don't fool yourself when you think your the best
It would take some heavy psychotropic drugs to give me that impression...

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
It depends on how the hell you play. If people play X character well, he is considered awesome. With Ike, a lot of, lets be nice and call them um, terrorists, ruined his rep by spamming easy crap all over the place. That is why people things Ike sucks. But now those terrorists are gone, so we can pummel the crap out of whoever thinks we are terrorists.

Top Bottom