• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why MK should NOT be banned (the opinion from someone who actually fights them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allied

Smash Master
wow i left this thread when it was about at like 60 pages and i come back like a day later its like at 94 =/

i can't keep up!!!!! >___>

however i have noticed too much arguements

and another person wanted to issue a vote wtf lol

silly pro-ban <3

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
oh brawlers.... so not that i care but how would metaknight be anyworse than our fox? fox has no bad matchups and the worst ones are even. i dont think anyone has ever proposed banning fox (even if so never would happen), why would mk be any different?

Allied

Smash Master
because people think MK effective the community so negatively they want him banned and various other reasons

tbh in most explainations your going to get alot of biased answers (inb4 NOT I, I AM MAD TRUTHFUL)

Your best bet if your actually interested just follow the thread for like 10 pages and you will see some recycled arguements pop up again and also some pretty legit ones.

but if you just play melee i wouldn't drift here too long, it gets ugly

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
There are plenty of people that are straight up IDIOTS in my mind that are top players at this game. I think Mew2King, ADHD, Atomsk, Judge, ChuDat, Ally, and plenty of other top players are pretty dumb. I'm just being honest. I've seen them all out in the real world plenty of times and have interacted with them enough outside of the game to determine this for myself. Yet, they are all top players beating people that are smarter out in that world. Why? Who cares why? They practice and play right. They're doing it right, and others aren't.
You're so nice to Jason, you're the dumbest guy out of smash proved at Pound 4 when you said how Atomsk was terrible drunk, look at you, you don't even know WHAT NASTY THINGS we saw when you were drunk, you're a disgrace, not even worthy having Vegeta in your avatar.

And you suck.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
O.o you new guys have some sharp tounges. can i complain about brawl things too? they murdered sheik and i might actually play brawl if sheik was any good at all.
Jason is not dumb

edit: anyone who thinks anything different should use their own awesome brains find m2ks website on videogame damage and do that reading thing.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
You're so nice to Jason, you're the dumbest guy out of smash proved at Pound 4 when you said how Atomsk was terrible drunk, look at you, you don't even know WHAT NASTY THINGS we saw when you were drunk, you're a disgrace, not even worthy having Vegeta in your avatar.

And you suck.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Who are you to determine who is a good player and who is not?

Was HDL a bad player before Pound 4? No. But more to the first example.

What if Puerto Rico had an MK as good as M2K and we all practiced with him. Does that make our practice "not good enough" since YOU don't know how good he is?

Edit: I'm glad you didn't flame back at me, and took my post constructively. Just don't reply to arguments with flames or taunts. It doesn't make your argument any more/less valid.
Only proven players matter. Only players that travel matter. You could have some dude under a rock there that is 100x better than everyone with every character, but he wouldn't matter AT ALL because only three of your players ever come here to PROVE they matter. We are supposed to just take your word for it if you say your region is amazing? Nah, that's not how it works. Sorry.

I'm not trying to be offense, but I know I'm far from alone with this line of thinking.

With that logic, one grab = death > entire cast, and thus everyone looses to IC.
ROB has an advantage over the Ice Climbers.... <_<
lol @ inui...nuff said

ROB beats the Climbers, I'd wager to say one of the only characters that legitimately counters them.
ROB beats them...how? By camping forever? That's pretty much all he can do.

One grab = death > ROB. That doesn't apply to the whole cast, so lol @ that BS. MK beats the ICs slightly due to CPs. Snake and Diddy Kong also beat them slightly. Idk about others, but I know ROB sucks, lol.

And you suck.
Faaaalse. I adore Jason, I just know he's pretty immature and dumb outside of video games, which is something he willingly admits. I know him faaaaar better than any of you do. The rest of you have displayed consistent immaturity, lack of logic, etc. One time, one time, I reacted to alcohol in a manner I never did before despite drinking less than I know I am capable of handling. I am aware of what you saw and what I did, but I don't really care much at all. You can say I suck all you want, but I perform well, so your opinion is moot.

Good job further proving me right by trolling like a moron. You're a pretty nice guy in person, and even nice to people you have no reason to be nice to, like me, so I respect you as a person, but you can't be doing this crap on the Internet all the time.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Good job further proving me right by trolling like a moron. You're a pretty nice guy in person, and even nice to people you have no reason to be nice to, like me, so I respect you as a person, but you can't be doing this crap on the Internet all the time.
Inui calling someone out for internet trolling LOL

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
ROB beats them...how? By camping forever? That's pretty much all he can do.

One grab = death > ROB. That doesn't apply to the whole cast, so lol @ that BS. MK beats the ICs slightly due to CPs. Snake and Diddy Kong also beat them slightly. Idk about others, but I know ROB sucks, lol.
I don't know about the specifics of ROB, but is there someone that I don't know about that IC can't CG? (other than two ICs themselves)

Because last time I checked, one grab = death does apply to the whole cast.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't know about the specifics of ROB, but is there someone that I don't know about that IC can't CG? (other than two ICs themselves)

Because last time I checked, one grab = death does apply to the whole cast.
One grab = death > ROB.

One grab = death < MK/Snake/Diddy, the clear three best characters.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ROB doesn't suck, he just gets beat by MK badly, and DDD slightly, otherwise he's a really solid character with mostly even or close-enough-to-even-we-say-theyre-even matchups.

ROB has the gyro and lasers which yeah are both effective against ICs (gyro stops desync ice blocks, laser gets through blizzard, among the more common uses), Dsmash separates and is 4 frames, ROBs throws are REALLY fast so if you get a grab then they wont have enough time to react to hit you out of it, ROB is probably the best edgeguarder in the game after MK which leads to more effective gimps then most of the rest of the cast can get

also ROB's weight makes him awkward to CG so in practice it's more likely they'll screw up, though I'm sure you don't care about that because we're playing theory fighters brawl right now

all ics have is uair juggles (which are definitely effective on ROB, moreso then most of the cast, but they don't make the matchup. especially because ROB doesn't have to platform camp ICs so he won't be above them 90% of the match, meaning less opportunities for uairs in the first place). of course ROB is never forced to land when coming down (up-b) meaning grabbing rob during landing lag is harder for ics unless they're really patient and its on FD and the ROB doesn't feel like just going to the ledge.

and thats all i feel like typing right now :3

Only proven players matter. Only players that travel matter. You could have some dude under a rock there that is 100x better than everyone with every character, but he wouldn't matter AT ALL because only three of your players ever come here to PROVE they matter. We are supposed to just take your word for it if you say your region is amazing? Nah, that's not how it works. Sorry.

I'm not trying to be offense, but I know I'm far from alone with this line of thinking.
Just so you know, the stuff before the edit came out somewhat angry because that was before I read your reply. I'm sure you already knew that though, just saying.

And I can see how your logic works for my first argument in which I used HDL as an example. What's the point of bragging about a good player if he can't represent?

For the second argument however, you can't say that I didn't get good practice if I practiced with a guy that's 100x better than everyone with every single character. Sure, he's unknown, but he's really good, and I'm not trying to prove how good he is, I'm just trying to prove that I learned a matchup because I practiced with the best (hypothetically, of course).

etecoon

Smash Hero
ROB doesn't suck, he just gets beat by MK badly, and DDD slightly, otherwise he's a really solid character with mostly even or close-enough-to-even-we-say-theyre-even matchups.
I thought ZSS was also supposed to be really bad(not just because of the infinite which is hard to land anyway)?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if anyone actually played zss and mastered the infinite she still wouldn't be as bad as mk, mainly because dsmash isn't really that easy to land

rob loses but it's not horrible

i only didn't mention her because she's not really a popular character

like how ics mains dont really mention lucas when they mention snake :p

etecoon

Smash Hero
why is lucas supposed to beat IC's, that makes no sense to me...

diddy and luigi/peach is what I would've said lol

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
One grab = death > ROB.

One grab = death < MK/Snake/Diddy, the clear three best characters.
right, because ICs getting that death grab when both ICs and MK/Snake/Diddy are at one stock isn't going to kill them because they > death.

i understand what you're saying though, but its still very terrible semantics.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rob beats IC's IMO.

IC's also destroy lucas IMO.

*shrugs*

What do I know?

etecoon

Smash Hero
if you remove all of the even semi-unsafe things from your game that can lead to grabs, you're also making yourself one dimensional and easier to beat in other ways. the threat of the death grab is as powerful as the grab itself, IC's can never get the grab and still win a game because of the grab.

unless you're MK and have tons of safe options for every situation : )

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anddd with the discussion going all over the place this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom