• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why MK should NOT be banned (the opinion from someone who actually fights them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I thought I should give my views on this situation now, because I have a little more power at the moment with the Pound 4 victory.

First off, the set record from the start:

3-3 with mew2king
2-0 with havok
10-0 with ksizzle
0-1 with tyrant (barely lost 1-2 at genesis and will get him later)
2-0 with anti's metaknight
1-0 with judge
1-0 with dojo in MM
2-1 vs atomsk's metaknight
5-1 with inui
approximately even with shadow, too many sets to remember but I have a slight lead by about 3 sets
3-0 with dmbrandon
2-0 with dphat
2-0 with doom
4-0 with orion
1-0 with seibrik, 0-1 with him in MM's

As you can see, I'm pretty solid against metaknight. I know this matchup like the back of my hand. The only full loss is with tyrant, in which the set was quite close game 3 and I feel I have improved alot since genesis. No, diddy does not beat mk, it is 50-50 and DEAD EVEN.

So scream in agony that he has unfair terrain advantage with the current stage list, and I will say that is utter laziness. I have diligently beaten multiple of these metaknights on their counterpicks.

Metaknights (in tourney or MM's) in which I have beaten on "unfair" stages.

mew2king-rainbow cruise several times now.
havok-delfino twice.
ksizzle-rainbow cruise several times, delfino, frigate.
anti's metaknight-delfino.
judge-brinstar.
dojo-delfino.
atomsk's metaknight-rainbow cruise twice, frigate.
inui-rainbow cruise several times, brinstar.
shadow-brinstar, rainbow cruise, delfino, frigate.
dmbrandon-castle seige, frigate, brinstar.
dphat-rainbow cruise.
orion-rainbow cruise several times, brinstar, frigate, delfiono several times.
doom-delfino, frigate.

With proper knowledge and training on these stages, I've manage to accomplish this. You can do the same as well.

The characters that all are viable to beat him are those with fairly even matchups, and it's not a shocker that metaknight's 50-50's are with other top tiers: snake, diddy kong, ice climbers, and with a slight advantage wario and falco. All of the above characters can accomplish my current record with shere effort and outskilling the metaknight user.

Insert X character that gets obliterated by metaknight, will merely be taken out by other DDDs, snakes, falcos, diddy kongs, ice climbers, etc. without mk's existance. It is pointless to vote for the ban if this is your reasoning.

So what is it smash community--laziness, the inability to cope for losses, or the desire for an easier victory? The only legitimate issue I can see with metaknight is a simple rule adjustment--air-time and scrooging. Otherwise, he should remain competitively viable. Many of my wins are from people who DO know the matchup, so do not claim they lost due to ignorance of my character.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Good read, it's not like meta is the only character that can play gay like the other high top tiers as you explained. It's best to learn the match-up accordingly

Mushinronsha

Smash Cadet
Solid. I've flopped back and forth on this argument, but it's becoming clearer that MK should not be banned. There are ways of getting around him that weren't initially apparent, and I'm sure as time goes on the metagame for other characters will continue to develop ways to compete with MK.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
ADHD said it.

Can everyone else shut up now?

PLEASE?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Please some HIGH-SEATED sbr member come in here and argue with me. I have one thing over you, and that's metaknight fighting experience.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Good **** Wyatt. In all honesty I love fighting MK, and felt that I didn't get to play enough of them at Pound 4 and would have been happier if I did. If he was banned, I wouldn't have MK's to **** on anymore =/

Oh and that matchup is in MK's favor btw, 55-45 at least.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
The characters that all are viable to beat him are those with fairly even matchups, and it's not a shocker that metaknight's 50-50's are with other top tiers: snake, diddy kong, ice climbers, and with a slight advantage wario and falco. All of the above characters can accomplish my current record with shere effort and outskilling the metaknight user.
Errr I'm not pro ban or anything but your argument to prove that "mkshouldn't be banned" is "you can beat MK by outskilling the player" ?
What ?

People want MK banned because he's the most "effective" character with the best results/effort ratio, not because he's broken.

Allied

Smash Master
Errr I'm not pro ban or anything but your argument to prove that "mk isn't broken" is "you can beat MK by outskilling the player" ?
What ?

People want MK banned because he's the most "effective" character with the best results/effort ratio, not because he's broken.
You obviously dont know 90% of the smash community

Check any MK related thread and 90% of the people think he is broken and that doesn't make sense that since hes the most effective character people want him banned

People didnt ban SF4 sagat even tho hes the most effective tournament winner
People didn't ban SF3 3rd strike Makoto or Chun even tho they are the most effective

People think hes broken
People want him banned
Is he broke though? No people just don't try hard enough

P.S try picking up metaknight and coming to a tournament around here I picked up snake easier than i picked up metaknight hes pretty hard to use effienctly in tournament its not an easy learning curve either

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Insert X character that gets obliterated by metaknight, will merely be taken out by other DDDs, snakes, falcos, diddy kongs, ice climbers, etc. without mk's existance. It is pointless to vote for the ban if this is your reasoning.
ROB goes even or has the advantage on all of the chars listed here but gets killed by MK ;)

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
MK's don't plank characters they believe they can outright **** with tornado. Only cowards plank with MK to win, unless if they absolutely have to do so to win the set.

Allied

Smash Master
Who's Demonictoonlink? Anyway...

You all need to be planked and scrooged more.

*looks at sig*
I don't even think that has happened to you yet because as far as i'm concerned i've never seen you at a national and you definitally can't be a high placer i would of noticed you

so you most likey haven't dealt with it yet

i wouldn't dis demonictoonlink when you are just posting biased trash because your mad you haven't put in the effort of beating MK

not flaming just saying and if metaknight bothers you that much just dont play haha

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
As long as people can point their lack of success on anything but themselves they will because Brawl it such an easy game there's no way they can be at fault.

Allied

Smash Master
well i already noticed alot of people who complain metaknight is too tough haven't played many competitive games or have the right mindset

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I don't even think that has happened to you yet because as far as i'm concerned i've never seen you at a national and you definitally can't be a high placer i would of noticed you

so you most likey haven't dealt with it yet

i wouldn't dis demonictoonlink when you are just posting biased trash because your mad you haven't put in the effort of beating MK

not flaming just saying and if metaknight bothers you that much just dont play haha
I havent gone to a national yet due to parent johns. LOL @ I havent put the effort to beat MK. I know that matchup inside out. But once mk resorts to air camping, planking and scrooging, I lose. Its impossible to beat mk if hes doing that. I might be going to apex, if other pr players are willing to travel OoS again.

RATED

Smash Lord
pfft , ADHD u are NOT the 100% of the smash community , just bcuz u beat MK players with diddy doesnt mean he's not MK. he's not broken, he just plank and that kind of **** that makes him broken, has u been timed out? bcuz my bad but M2k sucks against Diddy, I watched Ksizzle match against u , and he just love to get in diddy's bananas.

ps 2: ADHD , look the results the top 10, MKs! and U in top.

what it means is that u outplayed the MKs not that he's not too good.

the error is that if this continue like this ( planking and all that stuff) the community will get smaller and smaller and the money pots that u win will get smaller and smaller. id MK is not banned , then we all as a whole community shall work to create a Ruleset to avoid that kind of "cheap stuff". bcuz MK can be beated if he fights " normally" without planking and all that stuff.

lol and at everyone who read this , don't assume that I don't practice and study the matchup since I do a LOT.

PS: Allied, don't assume that TLM sheikant or anyone from other region outside of USA is a "noob" or something like that. :p

Allied

Smash Master
I havent gone to a national yet due to parent johns. LOL @ I havent put the effort to beat MK. I know that matchup inside out. But once mk resorts to air camping, planking and scrooging, I lose. Its impossible to beat mk if hes doing that. I might be going to apex, if other pr players are willing to travel OoS again.
MK isn't the only character that can do that you obviously haven't faced very campy G&Ws or even characters like pit

I time people out that are not ice climbers with kirby still because it gets me the win especially since kirbys major problem is his offensive approach and he has better options defensively so why should i approach and thats more of the whole game problem not exactly a MK problem

You should be wanting a reinforcement of rules on stuff like planking and scrooging because thats a flaw in this game

But camping has been around in all competitve fighting game history and yes EVEN IN MELEE so i wouldn't be so quick to down ideas like that

Allied

Smash Master
pfft , ADHD u are NOT the 100% of the smash community , just bcuz u beat MK players with diddy doesnt mean he's not MK. he's not broken, he just plank and that kind of **** that makes him broken, has u been timed out? bcuz my bad but M2k sucks against Diddy, I watched Ksizzle match against u , and he just love to get in diddy's bananas.

ps 2: ADHD , look the results the top 10, MKs! and U in top.

what it means is that u outplayed the MKs not that he's not too good.

the error is that if this continue like this ( planking and all that stuff) the community will get smaller and smaller and the money pots that u win will get smaller and smaller. id MK is not banned , then we all as a whole community shall work to create a Ruleset to avoid that kind of "cheap stuff". bcuz MK can be beated if he fights " normally" without planking and all that stuff.

lol and at everyone who read this , don't assume that I don't practice and study the matchup since I do a LOT.

PS: Allied, don't assume that TLM sheikant or anyone from other region outside of USA is a "noob" or something like that. :p
As i said in my previous post thats not a metaknight problem, thats a Game Problem many characters have done it before If i actually saved all the matches of different characters timing out a METAKNIGHT just to win i'd show you but sadly i dont

and i dont assume you guys are newbs you guys aren't just trying hard enough or have tournament experience because i sure haven't seen you guys at these nationals or tournaments

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
lol

Shiekant: I told you not to take it seriously and you did!

I know we have a love/hate relationship already, but I think I'm ready to make it a love/hate/homo one if you're open?

But I feel like if MK is gone, Tink might have it easier...but still can't win nationals. MK isn't our only bad MU.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
MK isn't the only character that can do that you obviously haven't faced very campy G&Ws or even characters like pit

I time people out that are not ice climbers with kirby still because it gets me the win especially since kirbys major problem is his offensive approach and he has better options defensively so why should i approach and thats more of the whole game problem not exactly a MK problem

You should be wanting a reinforcement of rules on stuff like planking and scrooging because thats a flaw in this game

But camping has been around in all competitve fighting game history and yes EVEN IN MELEE so i wouldn't be so quick to down ideas like that
Yeah, but mk is the best at it.

I time out ppl with Toon Link >_< lol. Im an extremely campy player.

Yes, either mk gets the ban or rules to stop planking, scrooging and aircamping. But, I dont think there's a possible way to limit those without completely arbitrary rules. Thus, me wanting mk banned.

I dont actually dislike camping, I myself am guilty of it. But planking is on a whole other level.And Im very aware that there's camping in melee. I play the game after all.

Also, you probably havent heard of us because we're from another region. We do play in tournaments and place in the money in our region.

RATED

Smash Lord
As i said in my previous post thats not a metaknight problem, thats a Game Problem many characters have done it before If i actually saved all the matches of different characters timing out a METAKNIGHT just to win i'd show you but sadly i dont

and i dont assume you guys are newbs you guys aren't just trying hard enough or have tournament experience because i sure haven't seen you guys at these nationals or tournaments
I have tourney experience and ye , u havent see me at nationals since or tourneys in USA since I don't live in USA. LRN 2 read. look at my location but I will try to go to Apex.

Allied

Smash Master
Yeah, but mk is the best at it.

I time out ppl with Toon Link >_< lol. Im an extremely campy player.

Yes, either mk gets the ban or rules to stop planking, scrooging and aircamping. But, I dont think there's a possible way to limit those without completely arbitrary rules. Thus, me wanting mk banned.

I dont actually dislike camping, I myself am guilty of it. But planking is on a whole other level.And Im very aware that there's camping in melee. I play the game after all.
Thats really IMO personal opinion gaw can infinitiely UPB stall the edge no consequences

Pit can fly and plank as well

in fact most characters can plank and stall just as well

I guarentee you planking, scrooging and air camping will still be in play if MK gets the ban don't you think? and before you go "LOL MK NEEDZ DA BAN" most characters still have in their aersial to plank, scrooge and aircamp just as easily and i almost guarentee it will be the same just a second rate campy character

like you said MK is the best at camping doesn't mean hes the only one good at camping

Amirite?

Pathetiqu3

Smash Apprentice
LOL one guy comes in and gives a totally ANECDOTAL reason why MK should not be banned, and everyone ****s the bed.

ROFL

Sorry, but ADHD's opinion means NOTHING to me compared to the hard evidence that MK needs to go.

I commend you ADHD. If people take your word for it, you'll have killed the game. No really, that's an impressive accomplishment.

Allied

Smash Master
I have tourney experience and ye , u havent see me at nationals since or tourneys in USA since I don't live in USA. LRN 2 read. look at my location but I will try to go to Apex.
Why should i look at your location i really don't care, your not explaining yourself fully and everyone just keeps reciting MK NEEDZ DA BAN, MK NEEDZ DA BAN

and i'm glad come to apex in fact theres going to be plenty more national tournaments coming up come to more i like seeing different people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom