• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Metaknight Should Not Be Banned (A.K.A The Community Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Metaknight is one of the harder matchups for Jigglypuff and pretty much the rest of the roster. No surprises there. However, if Metaknight were to be banned, think about the results:

The main characters replacing Metaknight would be Snake, Falco, Game and Watch, some Olimars, and King Dedede's (also R.O.B.'s and Marth's but those are equal to or easier for Jigglypuff than MK). Think about that.

We the Jigglypuff Community should try to keep Metaknight in Brawl, hopefully the SBR (Smash Back Room) does not cut him.

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
Falco, Dedede and Snake are all easier or equal match ups compared to Meta Knight vs. Jigglypuff. Only major problem that will be replacing Meta Knight is G&W, who almost everyone in the cast has a problem with (G&W has the best matchups in the game besides Meta Knight, at least in my opinion). Believe it or not, Olimar is not that popular in tourneys. I never really see Olimars.

I'm pretty sure that when the tournament rankings list was still up, Olimar was only somewhere in the middle or lower half of the Border Line section, which isn't that great. He isn't very common.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Falco, Dedede and Snake are all easier or equal match ups compared to Meta Knight vs. Jigglypuff. Only major problem that will be replacing Meta Knight is G&W, who almost everyone in the cast has a problem with (G&W has the best matchups in the game besides Meta Knight, at least in my opinion). Believe it or not, Olimar is not that popular in tourneys. I never really see Olimars.

I'm pretty sure that when the tournament rankings list was still up, Olimar was only somewhere in the middle or lower half of the Border Line section, which isn't that great. He isn't very common.
For Olimars, he may not be that common but we will see more of them. And Falco and Snake are definitely harder than MK, and Dedede is borderline. Falco really just literally has the exact gameplay to counter Jigglypuff (he specializes in beating opponents using aerials close to the ground with lower priority than his)... Snake is pretty hard to beat... and Dedede is so annoying.

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
For Olimars, he may not be that common but we will see more of them. And Falco and Snake are definitely harder than MK, and Dedede is borderline. Falco really just literally has the exact gameplay to counter Jigglypuff (he specializes in beating opponents using aerials close to the ground with lower priority than his)... Snake is pretty hard to beat... and Dedede is so annoying.
The Snake vs. Jigglypuff is debateable. I guess Falco could be harder than MK, and Dedede isn't that big of a problem ESPEICALLY compared to Meta Knight. It's just his KO power, really. I doubt that we will be seeing more Olimars.

ADHD

Smash Hero
MK isn't broken enough, but he is dominating top tourneys and stuff. Way to many metaknights, id like to see the constant flow of matchups.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
So you are against character diversity?!?!

I CALL SHINANIGANS!
I guess I am because Metaknight helps Jigglypuff.

The Snake vs. Jigglypuff is debateable. I guess Falco could be harder than MK, and Dedede isn't that big of a problem ESPEICALLY compared to Meta Knight. It's just his KO power, really. I doubt that we will be seeing more Olimars.
Snake Jigglypuff is not debatable. Play a good Snake and come back to me. Dedede really is (heard of Bowyer, he put it as around as hard as Falco, and Falco is a given in the worst 3 matchups for Jigglypuff) hard if you are playing an annoying defensive but good Dedede.

MK isn't broken enough, but he is dominating top tourneys and stuff. Way to many metaknights, id like to see the constant flow of matchups.
I would like to see the new possibilities of the puff after MK, but I'd really think if it was a perma-ban option, I'd rather have MK.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
MK is ****ing stupid. Who cares if he's not jiggs worst matchup, he should be banned for the sake of the metagame.

Like right now, based on the results and ****, he shouldn't be banned, but I think he's way to ****ing good and if he doesn't get banned, he'll become a huge problem so I think he should just be banned now, lol.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'd take any increase in Olimars with a grain of salt. M2K was actually pretty convincing when he explained how campy Olimar may even be a MK counter, as MK ha only one attack that can go through Campimar's defences (I'm pretty sure it wasn't the whorenado, maybe Dair?) and does not in fact have trouble with the matchup. However, I would still imagine Olimar being easier than MK for Jiggs - in fact, I'm a little surprised Jiggs players view Olimar as a harder matchup - Oli is VERY ground based when you think about it, and Jiggs can take to the air above all of oli's smashes and grabs for extended periods.

Backroom theory is that there aren't many Olimars because all the attacks look alike. Not a very exciting character to play.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I'd take any increase in Olimars with a grain of salt. M2K was actually pretty convincing when he explained how campy Olimar may even be a MK counter, as MK ha only one attack that can go through Campimar's defences (I'm pretty sure it wasn't the whorenado, maybe Dair?) and does not in fact have trouble with the matchup. However, I would still imagine Olimar being easier than MK for Jiggs - in fact, I'm a little surprised Jiggs players view Olimar as a harder matchup - Oli is VERY ground based when you think about it, and Jiggs can take to the air above all of oli's smashes and grabs for extended periods.

Backroom theory is that there aren't many Olimars because all the attacks look alike. Not a very exciting character to play.
It's pretty difficult, at first, to approach Olimar without being hit by an usmash, fsmash, or UpB... That's why people view Olimar as being a harder match-up than MK.

Lethe

Smash Cadet
haha. so its come down to this... the metaknight/jigglypuff alliance vs the world.

edit: Soon mr game and watch will re establish his digital dominance over all of videogamedom!!

Storm_Fox

Smash Apprentice
The reason why MetaKnight wins all the tourneys is because all the tourneys are meta knight. But as they say the bigger they are the harder they fall

PND

Smash Champion
Metaknight's mega broken and should NOT be banned. >_> Because I've resorted to using him. :(

Nah, I think Metaknight is pretty much a Melee character in Brawl, and Brawl lacks the tech skill to properly overcome a Metaknight. Melee had all sorts of AT's to overcome Sheik, but we don't seem able to with this game, unless the hacks catch on. It's for that reason that I think brawl Metaknight should be banned.

However, I'm skeptically open to the possibility that new strategies or AT's will be found for other characters that might even the playing field.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Jigglypuff is one of the best characters against Meta Knight. It isn't exactly a cakewalk, but it's far from her worst matchup.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
bs i beat a pretty excellent puff yesterday and all i did was camp and down smash and use nado when she rollouts just move away from pounds, side step and up b alot and u pretty much win lol

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
wow, that "excellent puff" doesn't sound very good. why would you rollout, it sounds like he was using pound at terrible times, and up b should rarely land against a jiggs... that puff actually sounds really bad...

Amide

Smash Lord
Just found an amazing post on MK boards:

it feels unjust to bann meta knight seeing how melee fox is 10x stronger

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
The person who posted that is a ****ing idiot. The game engines are completely different so you can't compare the two games what so ever.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Rollout is a Viable Kill move/Pressure move.

Everyone treats it like they'd be better off taunting XD
It is as long as its used safely. Its really only a legit kill move if the opponent hasn't faced a Jigglypuff and only avoid it the first two times it passes by them (3rd time generally hits against an unsuspecting player), if its used in tech chases, or unsuspectingly. If you use it, use it with mindgames or it has no reward with moderate risk, otherwise its decent in your favor.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Banning MK has its pros and cons. If you don't ban him, you get a bunch of frustrated players. I know that if I went to say, 5 tournaments, and MK players won all 5 or even 4 out of the 5 I would be pissed off. MK has nothing negative, at all. In my opinion you can work around anything that is said to be a flaw in his character pretty easily. It causes people to want him banned because they can't beat him, and we don't know if there ever will be a good way to beat him. On the other hand, if you ARE for banning him, then this creates problems. If he is banned, you will lose brawl players in general, tourney attendance will go down, players will create a sour attitude towards the game because of it, and people will probably stop playing. It can be argued both ways. Neither way is the solution, so we'll have to see how it plays out.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Banning MK has its pros and cons. If you don't ban him, you get a bunch of frustrated players. I know that if I went to say, 5 tournaments, and MK players won all 5 or even 4 out of the 5 I would be pissed off. MK has nothing negative, at all. In my opinion you can work around anything that is said to be a flaw in his character pretty easily. It causes people to want him banned because they can't beat him, and we don't know if there ever will be a good way to beat him. On the other hand, if you ARE for banning him, then this creates problems. If he is banned, you will lose brawl players in general, tourney attendance will go down, players will create a sour attitude towards the game because of it, and people will probably stop playing. It can be argued both ways. Neither way is the solution, so we'll have to see how it plays out.
Every character has flaws, and MK is no less. Although he has considerably less flaws and against some opponents, he's insane, I believe he should just be handicapped by 30% or so.

Glick

Smash Lord
Lol. I don't care either way. Jiggz is my metaknight beating character so I dont give two ****s if metaknight is in this game or not. Kirbys my everyone else beating character. Falco and D3 is not that hard for jiggz I don't care what anybody says on this board. snake is amazing vs jiggz. BAN SNAKE! lol.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Lol. I don't care either way. Jiggz is my metaknight beating character so I dont give two ****s if metaknight is in this game or not. Kirbys my everyone else beating character. Falco and D3 is not that hard for jiggz I don't care what anybody says on this board. snake is amazing vs jiggz. BAN SNAKE! lol.
Are you kidding me? Want me to get you to play Sixflags?? Trust me, a good Falco is honest to god rapage and only that unless you do everything to screw with his game (so hard btw).

Glick

Smash Lord
Not kidding. I've played some of the best falcos and beating them on a stage like battlefield is not hard at all.

Glick

Smash Lord
Some guys name redhalberd or something. Hes definitely one of the best. He beat me in the set we played but it was never like holy **** ownage.

Glick

Smash Lord
No your wrong. This is metaknight getting banned from a jigglypuff's eye. Our uniformed opinion on this

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
MK should be banned, and for the falco he is a good match up for jiggz on stage but out stage yo can just own his stocks easily,

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
MK is ****ing stupid. Who cares if he's not jiggs worst matchup, he should be banned for the sake of the metagame.

Like right now, based on the results and ****, he shouldn't be banned, but I think he's way to ****ing good and if he doesn't get banned, he'll become a huge problem so I think he should just be banned now, lol.
Exactly.

It may not help Jigglypuff, but it helps Brawl and it's competitive scene as a whole.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
why does every one think MK is a god!? he isnt that cheap, he is a light, weak character, all of his special moves end in a failed recovery, he has no projectiles, and hes a ******! he has a lot of weaknesses and shouldn't be banned. :)

m-cancel 4 prez :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom