• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Mario > doc

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*laughs hysterically*

You don't know how many times I've finished a post, and I saw it on the screen and said "... man ****, somebody's actually going to read all that." :/

I actually feel pretty bad that I type a lot sometimes.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
*laughs hysterically*

You don't know how many times I've finished a post, and I saw it on the screen and said "... man ****, somebody's actually going to read all that." :/

Dont feel bad. Your posts are always good. its not like you just make **** up. and you reason thru things. Im a fan of the green wall

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
eh their both good chars i hate these arguments so much its kinda like link and younglink they have the same movesets and similar properties to their moves but i truely think its up to ones opinion as to whos the better character

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I remember in maelstrom's Mario guide that he says:

Maelstrom's Mario guide: Mario vs Doc said:
Who's Better:
Lower level play: Doc
Higher level play: Mario
IMO (in short):
Doc for Power.
Mario For Range.
Both for "HOO! HOOHOO! YAH! WAHOO! AYHAW!

Arcade

Smash Ace
Watching doubles matches with 3+ Marios/Docs still cracks me up. WOO WOO! WOO! WOO! WOOHOOHOO WOO WOO!

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
*laughs hysterically*

I had nightmares about green posts tonight.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
OMG, not another "Mario over Doc" debate... These debates carry on forever.

I just hate that Mario's d-air only does 12% while Doc's does 19%. That means Doc's d-air beats Mario d-air by a whole fireball worth of damage. :laugh:

VGmasta

Smash Lord
how in the hell is mario better than doc???? Are you guys stupid?
I don't think Mario is better than Doc or vice versa. I just think it's like Dogy said, a matter of preference. I have an easier time getting my kills with Doc because of the f-air, the b-air, and the n-air. I had too hard of a time following up Mario's f-air into a kill. Mario's b-air doesn't knock people back as far as I think Doc's b-air would. And Mario's strongest hit of his n-air still does have the knockback that Doc's strongest n-air has.

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, doc clearly has the better kill/edgeguard setups.

I have different preferences depending on matchups, but doc is obviously better.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Well, Mario should be better because his match-ups are better. But I'm not sure if anyone accepts that kind of logic here.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
yeah, doc clearly has the better kill/edgeguard setups.

I have different preferences depending on matchups, but doc is obviously better.
In which case you need to pick one depending on your playstyle.

Are you flashy like Scar or SS? Want your good DI rewarded with a good recovery? Like to chaingrab and love range on your Fsmash? Pick Mario.

Are you more conservative in your playstyle, wanting early kills for an early victory? Love spamming projectiles only to followup with something good? Pick Doc.

This point is to point out that Doc may be better, but is not obviously better.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Dogy, in which match ups does mario do better than doc? You said falcon earlier, but what else?

unknown522

Some guy
In which case you need to pick one depending on your playstyle.

Are you flashy like Scar or SS? Want your good DI rewarded with a good recovery? Like to chaingrab and love range on your Fsmash? Pick Mario.

Are you more conservative in your playstyle, wanting early kills for an early victory? Love spamming projectiles only to followup with something good? Pick Doc.

This point is to point out that Doc may be better, but is not obviously better.
Also pick doc vs marth. Mario vs marth is impossible.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Dogy, in which match ups does mario do better than doc? You said falcon earlier, but what else?

Good gawd I had to dig through 3 big *** wall o text to find this.

I mean, Mario has a better matchup vs Marth, Sheik, Peach, Capfal, Doc, and I'd even give you Luigi and Falco if you asked nicely. Doc does better against Jiggs, ICs, and Ganon. (I'm not bothering with Low or bottom tier).

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Sheik is the only one on that list that makes any sense to me.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I don't want to treat you like a noob or anything, but are you hitting with the fiery part?

It's pretty **** powerful.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah, Mario's fsmash is pretty weak. its range actually has to be respected by chars like sheik and falcon, though they still sexually assault mario.
but doc's dsmash and bair are too good.
Are you more conservative in your playstyle, wanting early kills for an early victory? Love spamming projectiles only to followup with something good? Pick Doc Falco.
fixed.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
With good DI (read: holding up)
THANKS FOR PATRONIZING ME, MAX. GOD.

I don't know what you're on. For a decently quick move that has great range and priority AND is safe on block, thing is strong as ****.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I think I heard from someone (maybe Dogy?) that just having a threat of something with that much range would cause some characters to reconsider their spacing compared to fighting Doc.

I mean Mario's F-smash isn't amazing, but at least he can use it to pose a reasonable threat unlike Doc who can be abused for his lack of a quick and decent-ranged option.

otg

Smash Master
THANKS FOR PATRONIZING ME, MAX. GOD.

I don't know what you're on. For a decently quick move that has great range and priority AND is safe on block, thing is strong as ****.
aw sorry zoso. I didn't say it wasn't good, I just said it wasn't strong. It doesn't really net me KO moves unless my opponent flubbs their DI... That's just me hto, I suck.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm just biased because Mario's fsmash is like my favorite move and the main reason I prefer Mario to Doc.

Top Bottom