• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is your Favorite Pokemon Your Favorite?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I know there is probaly already been a thread about this, But this is diffrent from what your favorite pokemon is. Its WHY is your favroite pokemon your favroite.

Is there any special reasons? If so, Post it here

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I have a few favoite Pokemon. They are, in no particular order:

1. Toxicroak. He's a fighting dart frog, and I love it. I used to use him alot on Shoddy Battle.

2. Charizard. Everyone's favorite.

3. Armaldo. A cross between a shrimp and a dinosaur? I can't think of many things cooler than that.

4. Rampardos. I've always loved the fossils, but Pachycephalosaurus here takes the cake. Nothin brings me more joy than Head Smashing Starlys when I'm sad.

5. Tentacruel. I'm a pastafarian, sooo...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Charizard: Reasons stated above. And he's part of PT, my main.

Dragonite: Humoungous (sp?) movepool, underrated, awesomeness.

And Zook, remember the good ol' days?

"Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99"

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well here are some faves. They're most likely in my top 20 favorite pokemon but idk where.

Mewtwo-He's just awesome. I don't know what else to say. Having the robot armor in the anime made him even more awesome.

Charizard-Same as Mewtwo, Also, fire is my favorite type and since Charizard is part fire, that makes me like him more.

Gyarados-You have a crappy pokemon (Magikarp). You evolve him. He turns into a f***ing sea monster. Pokemon mindgames FTW.

Rhydon-Awesome and he's arhino which is one of my favorite animals.

Machamp-He's a fighting type (which is my third favorite type) and he has 4 arms. 4 ARMS!!!!

Yes, I'm 1st gen biased. Don't blame me, it's my favorite gen which makes me like this pokemon more.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Charizard: Reasons stated above. And he's part of PT, my main.

Dragonite: Humoungous (sp?) movepool, underrated, awesomeness.

And Zook, remember the good ol' days?

"Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99"
Oh god, W4M, how I've missed you. And Celebii, too, that little Pokefetish rascal. :cry:

Also, I forgot to mention Gyarados. He's too cool.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
ILoveCelebi208, I believe his name was.
I miss all of you. :cry:

I also like Swampert, but I don't have a definite reason why. And it's not because he evolves from the epic mudkipz lolz.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YAAAY swampert!!!!!!!!

I have a thing for reptiles and amphibians, so excluding haunter, jolteon, empoleon, and victreebell all my other favorites are for the reptilian/amphibious factor

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Jolteon - Fast as lightning and cute to boot! Pun intended.
Heracross - He has a big horn. Sexual joke intended.
Metagross - The NO U! of the competitive metagame.
Alakazam - 4000 more IQ and we would have another Pokemon-related meme.
Machamp - Remember that Falcon Punch warstory? I sure do.
Mewtwo - He's Mewtwo. That, and Taj. Man, Taj is a beast!
Gardevoir - That manga (that was posted here somewhere) was very, very touching.
Typhlosion - Pink Reaper knows why. That dude owns my right butt cheek.
Luvdisc - Because she loves you too.
Mudkip - Because he lieks you.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Wooper- You gotta love this little guy
Eevee- Cutest pokemon
Ivysaur- My favourite- him being in SSBB was epic
Mew- It was th 151st Pokemon XD
Misdreavus- My favourite ghost Pokemon

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Mewtwo: was in melee should have been in brawl must be in SSB4 I also want his stats to be boosted He should be the number 1 in SpAtk and number 2 in speed just like in the originals
Mew: Needs to get stat boosted. There used to be fans talking about who is stronger thats not happening anymore
Celebi: I love my psychic types
Eevee:its awesome evo's
Espeon:Love Psychic types

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Don't double post and Mewtwo is the true lord of pokemon He was there since the 8 bit ages and pwnd everyone there and can kick arceus butt.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm... let see....

Mewtwo - He is the best "evil" legendary ever!! he was Giovanni's experiment (Armoreed Mewtwo FTW!!) which was awesome, he's psychic, was a playable character in Melee, and even had it's own movie. (technically since it was also Mew's).

Charizard - What can I say, he is cool looking, I remember in Anime when Ash had Charmeleon along side Aerodactyl and Charmeleon evolved it Charizard, that was epic enough for me to like him, also because in the first set of Pokemon cards ever released, he had a holographic 120HP Ultra Card which gave me another reason to like him.

Blastoise - this pokemon is Uber, he was my first fully evolved pokemon I ever had, in Blue version that is, he totally has a cool looking set of water cannons along with his super hard shell much like my main Bowser.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Gardevoir. Now, want my reasons in list or wall of text format? I've easily got over 40.

I'll just do my top 5 then, shall I?
1. Its the Guardian pokemon.
2. Its not very selfish, and puts others needs in frount of its own.
3. Its very brave, And would give up its own life to protect the ones it loves. (I should be saying she... >.>)
4. Its a psychic pokemon, which is my fav type, ghosts second, and she is in the ghost category....
5. Pokemon Mystery dungeon, enough said.

I also like how she looks, I think its the Japanese doll shape that makes me like her for looks, that and the grace, but I'm stating this just so I have something that my human parts like >.>

(FYI, I'm very spiritual, I'm more intune with the afterlife then your local priests >.>)

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
I've comprised a list of my top 5 favorite pokemons and short, simple reasons as to why they are my favorite:

1.Empoleon: I have an obsession with water-types and my views on them are almost biased. I also like empoleon because it's based off of the Empire Penguin (I believe I misspelled it, but you get the point), which is my favorite type of penguin.

2.Garchomp:Garchomp is based off of a land shark, which is awesome. And the fact that Garchomp was a threat to OU, to the point to where it had to move up to Uber, makes it even more awesome.

3.Gliscor: Gliscor gave me a complete different view on Gligar; once one of my least favorite pokemons, soon became a pre-evolution of my third favorite pokemon. Gliscor is also an excellent Heracross-counter and has proven itself to be capable in the OU field.

4.Gengar: Gengar is a creepy pokemon; it dropped me out when I was little. But Gengar awesome stats and good moveset proved that it is a force to be reckoned with.

4.Croagunk: My love for Croagunk actually came from the anime, not the games.
Brock's Croagunk always did something amusing and even at the worst times, Croagunk would still be amusing. The poison jab he does to Brock is a nice bonus to Croagunk.

That should be about it.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
My favorite legendary is always Jirachi...I can't really think of a better reason besides Jirachi looking cute ^.^ But then my favorite non-legendaries would be Charizard (it's been my favorite starter since foreverz) and Lucario (my most-favorite fighting type pokemon of all time). I fave some dragon-type pokemon too but I don't want to list too many...yeah I'm much more of a dragon and flying type kind of user.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
My favorite pokemon are Latias and Latios because:
-brother and sister pokemon are awesome
-psychic pokemon are some of the best
-dragon types are truly the stuff of legend
-their movie, enough said

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Zangoose is far too good. My favourite by far.
Has claws and is all around bad ***.

Plus in competitive battling, Flailgoose is too awesome.

And Mankey, cause he's a monkey.

And Magikarp.
>.>

DLO

Smash Journeyman
1)seems i'm the only who like the Regi family, expecially Registeel.
2)Deoxys. C'mon, IT'S A VAIRUS!!!!!!oneone11!!!
3)Ho-oh. A phoenix who resurrect the dead. Awsum.
4)Bibarel. Seriously, a beaver tank.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
Koffing and Weezing. Why? I have no idea, I just find them awesome. Love me some Weezing.

Angof

Smash Rookie
Lucario: Good fighting pokemon. Is pretty awesome in the shows too :laugh:
Eevee (and evolutions): Something about being able to take one pokemon and make it so it can fit a role in any party I have just excites me. I mean with any 5 pokemon I can pick up and Eevee and find a use for it.
Ninetails: Not really sure why I like Ninetails, I just remember using one back in Blue/Red and loving it. I know part of the reason is it has fairly food special attack, the stat I needed most for it. Though it does die kinda fast =(

On top of the reasons above I find I like these pokemon because they are all based of real life canines. I personally love dogs, wolves, and foxes in real life. So having pokemon based off them gives me a bias towards them.

Other pokemon I like:
Scizor: Pokemon made of win. Few weakness and very strong. Sadly I don't get the pokemon on my team usually due to the difficulty in obtaining it.
Sandslash: Another favorite from Blue/Red. Sandslash has been one of the pokemon that, if I can find, is a team staple for me.
Kingdra: Another strong pokemon. Like Scizor I often don't actually get one, but when I do I love it.
Gyrados: Big dragon. Who doesn't like big dragons? Though its weird that he is a Water and Flying pokemon.... :chuckle:

ken109

Smash Cadet
My favorates are blastoise and torterra because... I guess I like turtles.:laugh:

jehonaker

Smash Cadet
I love Darkrai, Mewtwo, Lugia, and Absol. I feel that I can...uh...connect with them.

Seriously, I like slightly dark things. Lugia isn't usually dark, but Pokémon XD changed that (for a while...Shadow Lugia is pretty).

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
i like blaziken buz he can do the FALCON PAAAWNCH. sky uppercut and fire punch combined. plus he has the v on his head like capt falcon and is some sort of bird

Top Bottom