• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is your Favorite Pokemon Your Favorite?

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
I'd have to say my fav type of pokemon are Dragon types but my top 3 pokemon are...

1. Groudon, he has gotten me everywhere and is my number 1 pokemon...
2. Uxie, seems lazy just like me.
3. Dialga, I always wanted to control time.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Pichu. It's just the best pokemon ever made. Hands Down. I worship them.
Then you should love my current avatar. A Female Pichu owning the **** out of pikachu. It did the impossible.

Turtwig: Seriously at first i picked it solely becuase of the pokemon Special manga but then i found out that it was my Gen IV starter. I usually chose a fire but then Turtwig was an exception.

Rotom:Seriously this guy is mad. I think one of the few electrics that are immune to ground. Plus in the anime accomplishes some thing Team rocket fails so much. Owning the main characters.

Palkia: Arm sword laser thing with spacial rend. I want one of those.

Garchomp: Land shark. Nuff said.

Lucario: With the right moveset, IT CAN defeat Mewtwo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Arcanine definitely has a place in my heart.

First time I trained a powerful Arcanine was in Yellow version. He is definitely to this day one of the strongest pure-fires... unfortunately that type alone isn't as hot as it seems in the metagame. That's okay though. For a few months now he has been my favorite lead in the D/P metagame with his unexpectedly large type coverage in his moveset.

His image is a great combination of power and elegance. A large maned tiger-wolf hybrid that leaps with ferocity yet grace across the green fields is truly an admirable sight. Arcanine's fire blast and dragon rage in the anime were a very impacting sight for me to see. He was also trained by a couple of my favorite trainers in the story... Blaine and Blue/Gary. Or did I grow fond of them because of their use of Arcanine? Regardless, he is truly a spectacle of a Pokemon.

:059:

My pre-platinum anti-lead Arcanine

Arcanine @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Intimidate
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 hp

- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- Thunder Fang
- Extremespeed

Flare Blitz OHKO's most bronzong. Beats out some suicide leads like Deoxys-E, Azelf, and Aerodactyl. Bite 'em first, then ES their remaining HP. His STAB life orb Flare Blitz is one of the most powerful unboosted physical fire attacks in the game and would take a pretty big chunk even off physical walls like Hippowdon and Gliscor. ES is indispensable, so a great revenge killer and basically a good, high powered priority attack.

My 2nd favorite Pokemon is Rhyperior. I love Arcanine and Rhyperior because the symbol of fire and the drill remind me of the power of mankind to always push forward with spirit... In other words, they remind me of my favorite anime, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Waza

Smash Apprentice
Well well, where do i begin... :p I'll go by the gen's...

=1st gen=
1. Scyther: my all time favorite. He wasn't just any one that could learn "cut", he is what would happen if you were to cross a mantis with a ninja and a samurai. Too good.

=2nd gen=
2. Umbreon: Any time i got that lvl 20 eevee egg i raised it and only it until i had my umbreon. It was the first pure Dark type, my "psy-killer". You just dont play only at night for any pokemon, you do it for umbreon. 'nuff said.

=3rd gen=
3. Ninjask: see scyther, lol. He's the third gen version of scyther in my eyes. and getting a Shedinja free for evolving to Ninjask was always a plus. :chuckle:

4. Treecko and his evolutions: a ninja/lizard cross? perfect. Plus he was the aloof one on the show. Like he didnt need ash, pssh who does.

anything after i wasn't much of a fan of...sorry new-gen lovers, they aren't pokemon.

Waza

Smash Apprentice
My 2nd favorite Pokemon is Rhyperior. I love Arcanine and Rhyperior because the symbol of fire and the drill remind me of the power of mankind to always push forward with spirit... In other words, they remind me of my favorite anime, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Sorry for the double post....but....TO THE HEAVENS! ( http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=20 ) great show... :chuckle:

theboot1742

Smash Rookie
Alakazam! I haven't played much past gold and silver but he was the original bamf pokemon. One shot every pokemon in the elite 4 except for the rivals Alakazam. He was also amazing in the TCG when in a deck with high hp pokemon and a few pokecenters :D

Tevin_T@lB@iN150

Smash Cadet
My favorite Pokemon:

Lugia: A flying sea monster capable of causing a storm with just a flap of his wings, c'mon, that's some cool stuff. Aeroblast is a great move too, and he's the only one to have it.

Blastoise: I love turtles, and when I saw wo cannons on this guy, I was astounded.I even had a t-shirt of him back when I was 9.I love his Hydro Cannon.

Zapdos: The craziest looking bird I've ever seen, and I love it how a thunderstorm always follows him.

Arcanine: I love the way it looks...so powerful and confident,lol.If this was a real dog I would have one.

choomer

Smash Cadet
I actually have two favorites:

1.) Squirtle ~ he's a turtle, and a water pokemon. what more could you ask for?
2.) Poliwrath ~ somehow i just fell in love with the little blue, swirly guy.

*I also like charmander, but i wouldn't say he's my favorite*

:D

Top Bottom