• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is X Pokemon in Y tier?

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
Basically a total and complete copy of "Why doesn't X Pokemon get Y attack?". I'll start.

Why is Salamence in OU? Its a good lead and all that, but its just to powerful for OU. Uber is where it belongs, in my opinion.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Dude, it's annoying me how your double posting. For the love of god just edit your post :mad:

And Latias definitely belongs in OU. Smogon is just jealous that they can't be that awesome pokemon :mad:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Why is Ampharos in NU? It has awesome Sp. Atk.
Can't be in OU because it's totally outclassed by Jolteon, Magnezone, Zapdos, Rotom special forms, etc.

Can't be in BL because it's totally outclassed by Raiku.

There's little case for it being in UU either, as Manectric is better offensively and Lanturn is better defensively. Magneton is arguably better as well.

Believe me, I like ampharos as a pokemon. It's just not really useful for many things at the competitive level. :(

--------------------------------------------------

Why is ursaring in NU? Awesome pokemon, essentially the same as machamp. Doesn't get no guard, but has guts or quick feet to go along with STAB facade.

Why is honchkrow in BL instead of UU? Honestly I don't see any potential for it to rise up to OU.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Dude, it's annoying me how your double posting. For the love of god just edit your post :mad:

And Latias definitely belongs in OU. Smogon is just jealous that they can't be that awesome
Well he is a bit new, like only 98 posts...
We all used to double post, everyone did.

Salamence? Uber? With F**KIN RAYQUAZA?!?!?
This is blasphemy, This is :mad:ness
THIS. IS. SPAAAARTAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I agree with Zook, Armaldo needs more love.

It's Bug/Rock, amazing typing. It's Bug-typing allows neutrality to a lot of common moves that hit Rock for SE damage, namely Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Overheat, Earthquake, and Close Combat/Superpower.

It also has access to Curse & Swords Dance, which boost it's already Sky-high attack stat. Adamant Armaldo reaches 766 attack (Not factoring in LO, it doesn't really need it though) after a SD, with STAB Stone Edge, it seriously dents anything that doesn't resist it.

Although it's Bug-Type, it doesn't have access to U-Turn, which makes me very sad, and it's probably the main reason I don't use it too often.

Armaldo is great, give it a shot.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well he is a bit new, like only 98 posts...
We all used to double post, everyone did.

Salamence? Uber? With F**KIN RAYQUAZA?!?!?
This is blasphemy, This is :mad:ness
THIS. IS. SPAAAARTAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Well only for the first 4 posts did I double post, and it was a quad post. Afterwards, I never did it intentionally again. I thought he'd know after 90-something or so posts >_>

Anyways, I sense either the rise or fall of Rayquaza imminent. It's only a matter of time...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Isn't Armaldo's typing bad or something? Like Bug Steel? Sorry Scizor, but that quad weakness to fire isn't helping.
Armaldo has next to no important resistances and doesn't have the stats to make much use of his movepool.

And I'm sorry, but Bug/Steel is a brilliant typing. The Fire weakness can be covered by tons of Pokemon in OU, and has lots of resistances due to the Steel typing allowing plenty of opportunities to switch in. And the lone weakness means it's a cinch to cover it with a berry or something.

@charmander - not an excuse. He may be new but he's had more than enough chance to read the rules or heck, just listen to people, assuming he does the same thing in other threads.

Goodness, I'm in a bad mood

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Why is ursaring in NU? Awesome pokemon, essentially the same as machamp. Doesn't get no guard, but has guts or quick feet to go along with STAB facade.

Why is honchkrow in BL instead of UU? Honestly I don't see any potential for it to rise up to UU.
Honchkrow is extremely annoying to fight, since Superpower/BB/Sucker Punch
ruins most of UU very fast.

Ursaring is too easily revenged. Period.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Doesn't explain why he's not UU.

I'd imagine it's because of his lack of speed.
Actually, Pinsir and Heracross share the same base Speed stat.

Heracross' defenses are 80 / 75 / 95.
Pinsir's defenses are 65 / 100 / 70.
You could say Heracross is slightly bulkier overall.

Pinsir also lacks STAB on Close Combat, something Heracross likes to abuse.

Oracle

Smash Master
Armaldo isn't very good because offensively it's almost entirely outclassed by rhyperior and defensively it doesn't have very many resistances. In fact, it only resists poison and normal. It can make a handy spinner/sub breaker though

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Armaldo has next to no important resistances and doesn't have the stats to make much use of his movepool.

And I'm sorry, but Bug/Steel is a brilliant typing. The Fire weakness can be covered by tons of Pokemon in OU, and has lots of resistances due to the Steel typing allowing plenty of opportunities to switch in. And the lone weakness means it's a cinch to cover it with a berry or something.
Except Armaldo is Rock/Bug...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Gardevoir is NU, while Gallade is BL. Both share the exact same base stats except for their Attack and Special Attack stats, which are inversed.

It just goes to show how over-centralized the metagame is on physical attackers. See another example: Lucario.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Even though the metagame is centralized on physical attacks, its second fighting type gives gallade neutrality to dark and bug, which is HUGE, and all it gets in return is a flying weakness. That's the main reason why it isn't anywhere near as frail as gardevoir and can also hammer a lot of special attackers who would hit its only ghost weakness with nicely-powered stab Psychic moves. Its support movepool is really the best reason to use it, as you don't know whether you're going to get slammed with a psychic/fighting attack or trick/paralysis/toxic/burn, since it can use ALL of those options, which really means spiritomb is the only safe switch (and not all of them don't mind toxic).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Spritomb is good on paper.

But he gets OHKO'd by +2 Stone Edge. :/

Top Bottom