• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Smash not taken as seriously?

Pkm_trainer09

Smash Apprentice
It's been a while since my last post here, because as of recently I have been playing Super Street Fighter 4/AE a lot and trying to make myself better. While i love Capcom's 2D fighers, Melee and Brawl are where i got my start, and are still my favorite to play. But i have noticed something I don't quite get... Why does this community take so much crap from these so called "real" fighting game community? While Smash and Street Figher have very different mechanics, aren't they both different fighting games? Smash always getts written off as a "party game," But i think high level play is just an interesting in Smash as any other fighter. I'm posting this here because if I did it in an SRK fourm, a bunch of people would just troll me and call me a scrub or some bs. Smashboards is a communty that really cares about the game and it's high level play, so i figured this would be the place to post this observation. Is there no way to convince the "true" fighting game community that Smash is legit?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I agree, the only explanation that I can think of is simply because the "fighting" community takes it as a joke, like character designs, different mechanics, and not to mention traditional enough.

I myself am involved to a competative level in the fighting community, I don't think that smash is bad, but others just don't consider it "hardcore" enough and then see a character such as Yoshi which draws them away and therefore don't take it seriously.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've heard all kinds of reasons. My favourite is the whole "every combo is basically a techchase" reason. I don't see how that's bad. At all.

Though with Brawl I'd like to see a few more moves safe on hit tbh.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Because all the smash players on SRK are other fighter players first and smash second and don't post about smash, or are under the age of 13. Hence stereotypes against the community, and as such, the game.

That and smash players that have never seriously tried to play traditional fighters competitively are the ones that always argue with the rest of the community.

The stupid people outnumber the smart people like 20:1 due to the large casual aspect of Brawl, remember that. The majority ruins the minority.

Pkm_trainer09

Smash Apprentice
As far as I can tell, smash has a lot of similar aspects as the "Hardcore" fighter; mindgames, baiting, counter attacks and punishes, combos (though not quite as long), etc. It upets me that we are judged soley based on that minority of idiots...

Taterz

Smash Rookie
its because most of the mainstream e-theletes play games on different consoles. all the bros play CoD. nintendo freaks tend to be just that.. freaks

also, instead of doing something to change it you complain about it on a forum. be proactive!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Fighting game communities don't take Smash seriously because it's a fighting game that does not run by the same rules. Seeing how it's different and more people play it, I chop it up to jealousy.

They don't respect Smash Brothers players because the community acts childish.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
because of how different the game is(they act the same way to Powestone and Dissidia too), and because of the tumoil in our community and how we can't seem to get along ( I mean, we reached the " let's make a better game because the other one was an unholy abomination" point here.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've heard all kinds of reasons. My favourite is the whole "every combo is basically a techchase" reason. I don't see how that's bad. At all.
The whole point of a combo is that it is a guaranteed sequence of attacks assuming the player doesn't screw up. With Smash, however, combos don't exist for the most part because DI makes true combos impossible. It's no different than me getting someone on their wakeup constantly with El Fuerte or Zangief in SF4.

Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can hinder the pace of the game. If a character has to put in a lot of effort to keep someone out or get in, they have to constantly guess right, and if they guess right, the reward isn't large enough. That's one of the important aspects of a combo. Yeah, I know it's annoying to be stuck in a long and/or punishing combo (Wolverine in MvC3 comes to mind), but because of your mistake, you got in it, but the same can happen to your opponent.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
It's too complicated for others to handle :p

Many people don't like how (as previously stated) untraditional Smash is. You have free movement, simple attacks, %, many items (which are usually left out in higher level play), etc.

Some people are just afraid of progress.

That, and the fact that Smash is exclusive to Nintendo systems. Most people don't treat Wii as "hardcore."

link2702

Smash Champion
well brawl kinda ruined the little chance the community had before of being taken serious with melee......hell its pretty hard for most of the community to even take brawl seriously itself....

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know SF is only the biggest tournament fighting game ever and has had the second biggest prize money out of any video game series event ever.

SF4 has had $10,000 tournies with thousands of attendants.

The only thing that beats that was that one MvC2 MM with Neo and Clockwork that had like $42,000 on the line.

Nobody would do that for a game without depth.

Which is why Brawl never had tournies like that.

Steam

Smash Hero
yeah I did. and got very bored of it. while maining el fuerte... it was a simple game with artificial difficulty...

now I play marvel. much deeper game that isn't hard for the sake of being hard.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I think a few reasons.

1. Brawl
2. Average smashboards member age is prob like 14
3. Average smashboards member maturity age is like 10.
4. Smash community constantly seeking acceptance from the other communities like a small child
5. Lacking in many of the traditional elements of a fighter
6. Made by people who actively hate the competitive community
7. EVO incident

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
To be perfectly honest, Street Fighter is infinitely more competitive and technical than Brawl is. Now, Melee had an argument as a competitive fighter, but Brawl is simply too shallow in a number of ways to be taken as seriously as SF is.

Steam

Smash Hero
To be perfectly honest, Street Fighter is infinitely more competitive and technical than Brawl is. Now, Melee had an argument as a competitive fighter, but Brawl is simply too shallow in a number of ways to be taken as seriously as SF is.
the only techincal part of it is the no buffer on normals so you get to sit in training mode for hours perfecting the timing on hitconfirms/simple combos since they're two frame links. (unless you're ibuki and her 986 target combos) other than that the only game it's more techical than is brawl... and by a small margin. even then characters like Ice climbers will be more techincal than your average SF character.

SF does have the balance. but it sacrifices a vast majority of its character diversity for it. that and its overall "option flow chart" is stupidly simple and small compared to other games. in most cases brawl is even better about this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
lol wut? And this is coming from someone that played El Fuerte?

The execution is a pain in the *** because it's links and not chain combos, but the footsies, spacing, okizeme, etc. is still extremely important and the emphasis for each character varies from one to another.

Steam

Smash Hero
I used fuerte because I like pixies. I main tao in BB and anchor felicia in MvC

footsies are seen in brawl... even moreso because in many situations a well spaced move can poke shields. but there are many similar frame traps. Lucario has quite a few. you can even do it in the air since you can control movement there.

spacing is so important in brawl lmao. I don't even need to go through this.

as for okizeme, this is pretty much what every "combo" is in brawl. you have to read their DI and maybe dodges or moves they throw out to get successful follow ups. there's also perfect examples of it in snake's Dthrow and ganon's sideB that set up situations like that. or if anyone misses a tech or if a fast faller shield slides off a platform.

there's also plenty of other character specific things to learn like dealing with snake's grenades, diddy's banana peels, ice climbers in general, and the standard item generating characters like peach and rob. As well as plenty of techs and setups involving them if you're using said characters (or even if you're fighting them) or are trying to avoid said setups.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
there's also plenty of other character specific things to learn like dealing with snake's grenades, diddy's banana peels, ice climbers in general, and the standard item generating characters like peach and rob. As well as plenty of techs and setups involving them if you're using said characters (or even if you're fighting them) or are trying to avoid said setups.
Same thing applies to every other fighting games. No matchup is quite the same. I have to treat Balrog and Bison differently than I have to with Fei-Long and Cammy.

T.J.

Smash Apprentice
Someone at school was trying to explain to me that melee was just "Go over and forward a"... I tried to explain to him that there is some depth to it, but he just came up with "sure there's strings, but its all just over a" or something. So the hate for the game is a lot for not understanding anything past a hours worth of gameing, and after that there just kinda.. stuck up there own *** lol.

Though, Brawl is really not as technical as other fighters for sure, and is a lot slower. Still fun but... yeah.

Smash itself is also thought as of an partygame rather then a fighter to those people. Which means it's just a game for casualness and nothing hardcore at all, which is definitely wrong. I think most of the main posters on those boards are just really stubborn on there ideas and don't think much for themselves in it.

Steam

Smash Hero
Same thing applies to every other fighting games. No matchup is quite the same. I have to treat Balrog and Bison differently than I have to with Fei-Long and Cammy.
those characters generally don't have to be delt with nearly as differently as certain matchups in brawl because street fighter sacrifices character diversity for balance. I mean each character behaves differently to that point in brawl wth even more extremes. like with ice climbers you're fighting two characters at once... and if they grab you, you die if they don't mess up the infinite. if you space a move poorly on snake's shield when he has a grenade out you get blown up. you have to avoid attacking nades in general. Diddy's naners provide an absolutely rediculous pressure game. luigi ***** things to death when he gets in their face. but luigi has horrible traction and hitting his shield sends him sliding half way across the stage and he has horrible air speed so he usually needs a hard read or a powershield to get in. Olimar has some of the most rediculous long range options in the game and his hands down the best character on stage. but he has one of the worse recoveries in the game, winning and losing usually comes down to your ability to abuse it.

in smash there's also more dimensions to the game due to the larger ammount of options for aerial movement. there's much much much more depth in A2A and A2G in brawl and there's also an offstage game which SF has no trace of.

T.J.

Smash Apprentice
Steam, you are looking at this too one sided. Sure in a big overview, smash characters have much more diversity cause some have tools that others don't, the examples you gave though were more about depth of some of that kinda stuff.

Look at melee fox and falco for a second, to anyone non competitive, they are almost exact copys, but competitively have very different play styles. I think of this for all other fighter games. for example in mortal kombat a stream I saw today looked like every character had some sorta projectile, some sorta grab, some sorta yatta yatta but that doesn't mean they were all the same, just a little projectile difference or power can make a very big impact on game play. The characters are very different, along with the match ups.

I think you have kinda the same mentality of my last post here. You are unsure of the other games depth so you just made some wild accusation of it being bored or shallow without being actually informed.

Steam

Smash Hero
but I used to actually play SF... and while I am exagerrating a bit most of the differences in SF characters are slight and there are pretty much just classes of characters... shotos/charge characters/grapplers etc. I mean sure there are oddballs like dhalsim and gen but for the most part it's same ole thing. I dunno... it just seems like certain things are too... obvious and direct. though melee fox and melee falco are mainly different because they have VERY significant changes to their best moves. the quite different behavior of blaster and shine really dictates that. Dair to a much lesser extent. the changes to SF characters within a class just buff one part of their game and nerf another with a few small changes. characters within a "class" will pretty much be doing the same things. though I will say that there's more to change in a brawl character due to the greater ammount of aspects in the game. There just aren't that many properties you can change in a rather tame game like SF

though regardless... I don't think you can say street fighter is any deeper than brawl... more technical? sure. more balanced? definitely. not deeper though.

and if I want a balanced techincal 2D fighter I'll be playing marvel since that game is faster, deeper, and just more fun. but that's just me

Reach_Out_12

Smash Rookie
I agree, the only explanation that I can think of is simply because the "fighting" community takes it as a joke, like character designs, different mechanics, and not to mention traditional enough.

I myself am involved to a competative level in the fighting community, I don't think that smash is bad, but others just don't consider it "hardcore" enough and then see a character such as Yoshi which draws them away and therefore don't take it seriously.

I find it hypocritical that they would cast out Smash for having a few ridiculous characters, yet will accept Viewtiful Joe and Felicia in MVC3 with open arms.

Steam

Smash Hero
I find it hypocritical that they would cast out Smash for having a few ridiculous characters, yet will accept Viewtiful Joe and Felicia in MVC3 with open arms.
I feel odd playing marvel in public places because I use felicia and she's you know... dangerously nude XD

majora_787

Smash Hero
I honestly think that it's because Smash is different. =\ Smash Bros. broke a lot of people's "first rule of fighting games", and started to go into something that isn't about being in a tiny area with a generally similar opponent with very rigid movement options(not talking about attacks) Where it's essentially a game of who can combo their opponent to death.

Smash Bros. broke every last one of those. They went more for character diversity, went to big areas, presented open-ended movement, and instead of going for the 100-hit-combos-until-your-opponent-passes-out, they go for ringouts.

It's different and people don't like it.

Me myself, I don't really get the appeal of Street Fighter, or why they consider it to be so astonishingly amazing. I've played my share of fighting games... I don't remember my first fighting game, but it was some thing for the N64.

Since then, I picked up Street Fighter for the arcade. I thought it was fun, but... Not the best thing I'd tried.

Then I picked up Smash. It was a fighting game that was more my style, with a mix of Genesis and Classic put together, with some options for specifics. It had really nice character diversity too, which I really like.

Since then, I've picked up a few more games...

I picked up Dead or Alive, which was pretty cool. (Picked up Jann Lee)... It took out a few things like jumping, but I did really like how it was set up. It took out a few things I would have liked to see, which would be... well, more character diversity.

I picked up BlazBlue, which is very fun... (I main Tao too, btw. :3) I am still enjoying it currently, as it happens. To me, it felt like a deeper and more enjoyable experience. It also had some VERY nice character diversity. I hope I will be able to play a next game if one comes out.

Then I picked up Super Street Fighter IV. Well... Uh. To be honest, it was better than the arcade version now, because I'm much older and am better at appreciating details, but... It took everything I mentioned above that I didn't like, and magnified it. It had to be, by far, the least extensively enjoyable fighter I think I've ever played, and wasn't exactly the most deep.

And before anyone says anything. I do not play tournaments due to the grotesque distance that I have to go out of my way to get to ANY tournament, but I was playing competitively. Tournaments and competitive play can happen separately.

ANYWAY. r_r But I can't fathom why they just disregard Smash, not just as a game, but as a community. I've been to other communities, and we may have... uhh... some special people who tarnish our image, but we're still better than the communities I've seen.

I've seen BlazBlue communities where nobody wanted to make even the tiniest effort to be even remotely helpful to anyone and insisted on taking the topic and killing it before hiding the body somewhere where it would never be found again.

AND I've seen Street Fighter communities where, frankly, 8-9 out of every 10 members is a jerk if you mention anything anywhere that is not Street Fighter in the same sentence as a compliment. Just yesterday, I was called a... what was it... "Stupid Noob c** gargler" or something similar, simply because my list of favorite games had BlazBlue, but not Street Fighter.

I'll admit, I'm sure they're not all like that, but come on. x_x Smash is still enough of a fighting game to deserve some respect, and our community isn't MUCH worse than others. It's... unfair, to say the absolute least.

I hope that was coherent? I tend to start rambling in longer posts.

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
To "Steam": No offense, but it's quite obvious you have a tremendous amount of bias for Brawl which makes any objective comparison between Brawl and traditional fighters impossible for you. To say that Brawl even begins to approach the competitive depth of SF is a laughable statement in and of itself (For reference, I've been playing Smash bros competitively for over a decade straight, as well as a number of other fighters).

SF requires reflex the likes of which Brawl's combat engine is far too slow to produce. Button inputs in a competitive SF match are probably somewhere on the order of 10 to 20 times the inputs needed to fight in Brawl, and the punishment for messing up is SIGNIFICANTLY higher. Brawl just plays far too slowly to even come close to the skill required to keep up in a tournament-level SF match. Add in the fact that Brawl is completely devoid of most advanced tactics (Brawl has absolutely no cancelling of any sort whatsoever, for example).

You must understand that Brawl was simply not developed to be a competitive 1v1 game. This doesn't mean it can't be played competitively, but it does mean that a game like SF which was developed specifically with competitive, high-level play in mind is innately going to be more complex than a game which has tripping, simplified physics, and slow, easy-to-follow game play. Melee had a case as a competitive fighter because the game-play had enough depth, speed, and technical merit to make the skillcap high.

majora_787

Smash Hero
To "Steam": No offense, but it's quite obvious you have a tremendous amount of bias for Brawl which makes any objective comparison between Brawl and traditional fighters impossible for you. To say that Brawl even begins to approach the competitive depth of SF is a laughable statement in and of itself (For reference, I've been playing Smash bros competitively for over a decade straight, as well as a number of other fighters).

SF requires reflex the likes of which Brawl's combat engine is far too slow to produce. Button inputs in a competitive SF match are probably somewhere on the order of 10 to 20 times the inputs needed to fight in Brawl, and the punishment for messing up is SIGNIFICANTLY higher. Brawl just plays far too slowly to even come close to the skill required to keep up in a tournament-level SF match. Add in the fact that Brawl is completely devoid of most advanced tactics (Brawl has absolutely no cancelling of any sort whatsoever, for example).

You must understand that Brawl was simply not developed to be a competitive 1v1 game. This doesn't mean it can't be played competitively, but it does mean that a game like SF which was developed specifically with competitive, high-level play in mind is innately going to be more complex than a game which has tripping, simplified physics, and slow, easy-to-follow game play. Melee had a case as a competitive fighter because the game-play had enough depth, speed, and technical merit to make the skillcap high.
... I'll be completely honest. That sounds a lot like Street Fighter is more about muscle memory and not being stupid than it is about skill... And I still fail to see how it's so much deeper than everything else.

Then again, I guess what actually contributes to depth varies from person to person...

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
... I'll be completely honest. That sounds a lot like Street Fighter is more about muscle memory and not being stupid than it is about skill... And I still fail to see how it's so much deeper than everything else.

Then again, I guess what actually contributes to depth varies from person to person...
Have you ever played Street Fighter or seen tournament level Street Fighter play? You need to understand that every single nano second of a competitive street fighter match matters. There is no breathing space because you're constantly either under pressure from the opponent, blocking your *** off in an attempt to find a single opening, pattern, or flaw in the opponent's attack pattern, trying to read the opponent, or attempting to initiate yourself. This constant pressure to either defend or attack weighs on you every moment of every match.

Literally, every single second in a Street Fighter match requires immense skill, both technical and mental. Technically, you have to have mastery over your character, your blocking, your poking, your openers, grabs, positioning, spacing, zoning, etc. (all of which require precise inputs and flawless execution). Mentally, you can't crumble under the pressure of the opponent getting in your face, and you have to be able to read and anticipate the opponent's moves and decide what you want you to well in advance of you actually every doing it. You can state that mind-games and technical skill exist in Brawl (and they do), but the game engine is so much slower and simpler than Street Fighter that the "mind-games" are extremely limited and the technical skill cap to "master" any character is quite low in comparison.

Street Fighter is like playing Chess at a thousand moves a minute. The combination of technical and mental skill that it takes to play effectively means that it has a very, very high skillcap (Even the best players in the world have much to learn, still). In comparison, Brawl is a slow game with few technical aspects to master and a (relatively) un-punishing give-and-take system.

For the most part, people who claim that "Brawl takes more/equivalent skill to SF" are people who know very little about the fighting genre in general. I am a huge fan of the Smash bros franchise, but I can say objectively that it takes far more technical and mental skill to play SF competitively than Brawl can ever require.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Have you ever played Street Fighter or seen tournament level Street Fighter play? You need to understand that every single nano second of a competitive street fighter match matters. There is no breathing space because you're constantly either under pressure from the opponent, blocking your *** off in an attempt to find a single opening, pattern, or flaw in the opponent's attack pattern, trying to read the opponent, or attempting to initiate yourself. This constant pressure to either defend or attack weighs on you every moment of every match.

Literally, every single second in a Street Fighter match requires immense skill, both technical and mental. Technically, you have to have mastery over your character, your blocking, your poking, your openers, grabs, positioning, spacing, zoning, etc. (all of which require precise inputs and flawless execution). Mentally, you can't crumble under the pressure of the opponent getting in your face, and you have to be able to read and anticipate the opponent's moves and decide what you want you to well in advance of you actually every doing it. You can state that mind-games and technical skill exist in Brawl (and they do), but the game engine is so much slower and simpler than Street Fighter that the "mind-games" are extremely limited and the technical skill cap to "master" any character is quite low in comparison.

Street Fighter is like playing Chess at a thousand moves a minute. The combination of technical and mental skill that it takes to play effectively means that it has a very, very high skillcap (Even the best players in the world have much to learn, still). In comparison, Brawl is a slow game with few technical aspects to master and a (relatively) un-punishing give-and-take system.

For the most part, people who claim that "Brawl takes more/equivalent skill to SF" are people who know very little about the fighting genre in general. I am a huge fan of the Smash bros franchise, but I can say objectively that it takes far more technical and mental skill to play SF competitively than Brawl can ever require.
I'm not comparing Smash to Street Fighter right now. I'm trying to understand the thing with Street Fighter, because frankly, their community tends to be the worst and most brutal offenders of mutual respect between fighting game communities. No offense intended.

Okay. So Street Fighter is essentially about frame-by-frame precision in reflexes, technical skill, and the whatnot. But I'll be honest, I think that sort of thing, while requiring a brand of skill, isn't all there is to a deep fighting game.

I'm NOT saying Brawl has everything to make that deep experience, but I'd say it, and even Blazblue and DoL, have got a few things that Street Fighter is missing. So to be blunt, I don't see why they need to act... Oh, what's the word... Superior? To everything else?

And yes, I *have* played competitive Street Fighter. Whether or not it was "tournament level" is completely relative, but I didn't enjoy it very much, because I think Street Fighter is missing some important parts to a good fighting game experience. It's almost like they put so much effort into making it require precision dexterity and skill that they forgot almost everything else that goes into depth. Not to say skill isn't important.

Steam

Smash Hero

you should actually give specific examples like I did. they have the same elements. and inputs in street fighter aren't that hard lmfao. the only hard part is the lack of buffer on normals. but yeah It's harder than brawl and more balanced and more competetive. I've went over this.

and lol I enjoy melee and marvel more than brawl. so you can get out with your bias claim. I don't play blazblue anymore but it was fun while I did. I loved the character diversity.

and lol you act like blocking in SF is hard. play marvel. and street fighter is just as slow if not slower than brawl... jussayin. hold down back all day and you're MUCH safer than someone is in shield in brawl. you're definitely not safe in either situation but still.

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
nobody said brawl>SF in skill
now on the other hand, melee>SF
Melee is definitely a harder game that street fighter. there is no question about that.
I totally agree with you guys on this - melee was probably both the funnest and the most deep fighter I've ever played at a competitive level. If they had balanced all the characters just a bit more tightly for 1v1 play, it would've been perfect.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know part of the problem people have with the Smash community? That the Smash community treat their games as the holy grail of fighting games and are biased against anything else (though I hear Dustloop can be this bad). Of course, not everyone is like this, but it's a really bad stigma.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You know part of the problem people have with the Smash community? That the Smash community treat their games as the holy grail of fighting games and are biased against anything else (though I hear Dustloop can be this bad). Of course, not everyone is like this, but it's a really bad stigma.
Melee is like that. Can't say that for Brawl or Smash 64.

I mostly see people rip on smash at a competitive level on SRK, and other fighting game sites. I don't really see people praising it like a hole grail unless they are saying, "I like this game and it's the best I've played."

Otherwise I see the hate people have for smash drown out anything that really comes off the me as irrational praising for the series.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I agree with KumaOso. It doesn't sound like you guys know much about Street Fighter (or even Smash lol).

Besides, it doesn't matter which game is "harder" to play. If anything, it's arguably better for a game to be easy to play, as long as it retains depth.

I mostly see people rip on smash at a competitive level on SRK, and other fighting game sites.
Most people rip on the community, not the game, usually because Smash players refuse to educate themselves on the subject of Street Fighter/other fighting games before forming an opinion. It also doesn't help that SRK is routinely "attacked" by Smash players who make silly threads about how the fighting game community should be more accepting of Smash.

Steam

Smash Hero
I have no idea where you're getting this from... to be perfectly honest that sounds like most of the street fighter community. just read Impmacaque's post.

but I've frequently admitted brawl's flaws. the game is campy, blocking is too strong, tripping is ****ing ********, and there's a MK. melee is better than brawl, marvel is better than SF. I dunno about marvel and melee.

edit: for like the 4th time I played SF for awhile then quit because I got bored. now I play marvel. Still play melee and brawl though.

and the smash community is a pretty good community. we're very tight and help each other out... something I don't see/hear much out of other communities.

Top Bottom