• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why is game and watch so much better than perceived?

Dart!

Smash Master
Seriously, i was dropping games to him. His moves are seriously pretty damn beast. If he didn't die at 90 percent and get scraped by throws i would seriously play as him.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
The only flaw I can think of is his extreme light-weight. Otherwise, I'm willing to go to a tourney and win with Mr. **** and Watch. He's overall very fun to play with.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
He is significantly better than perceived because no one sits there and CC and shield camps him; if you shield camp g&w with smart wavedashes OoS, then abuse the fact that he takes significant punishment from getting grabbed (being a lightweight means that you can move really really fast after throwing him, thus allowed to abuse him as you might not be able to otherwise) he suddenly becomes a lot less overwhelming. He can't l-cancel a lot of his aerials, so his only real approach option is a very well spaced fair; even that can be shield DId into him --> abuse. This strategy makes g&w pretty hopeless vs marth and sheik in particular unless you're significantly outplayed, but can be employed with the vast majority of characters. It seems overly simplified, but his complete lack of reliable safe approach options really makes him stand out as a low tier character. You're not supposed to fight low tiers like they're real characters, because they're not.

That aside, he has amazing hitboxes, a very strong punishment game, an amazing edgeguard game, a recovery that is very hard to deal with, and a good ledge camping game (his grab range to the ledge is absolutely ridiculous). G&W has a lot going for him, but none of that matters if you choose to ignore him.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Fullmetal is trying to find a venue for TO7, but he hasn't had much luck yet T_T All g&w though? Good luck with that xD

D

Deleted member

GAW is only a good character if you respect him. if you choose to out-character him he basically goes back to being trash.

Niko45

Smash Master
I remember when I tried to pivot grab GnW's fair all the time and I was like wtf is this crap.

Then I just started shield grabbing him. Game over.

I honestly think you should give his offense tremendous respect cause the power and disjointedness is pretty sick but like yea...shield and punish is very tough for him to really stop.

Don't try to challenge his moves directly, don't try to outspace him in general, even with great spacing characters. Just shield and **** his lag.

Edit: I don't know how you perceive him but personally I see him as one of the best low tiers. Not as good as, but right below zelda and mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

Edit: I don't know how you perceive him but personally I see him as one of the best low tiers. Not as good as, but right below zelda and mewtwo.
actually if you want to be good at low tiers the correct answer is luigi. luigi can do spaced SH bair and bair or SH bair down B and go away from the opponent and it brutally destroys all of the low tiers unless they really outplay you. old school heads call this "the gayzen fagenite" which basically means to do easy strategies that will win you the game by themselves unless the opponent is just substantially better than you.

Niko45

Smash Master
Oh, Luigi is a mid tier in my book (DK, Link, Mario level). In fact, I think he's the best of that bunch so not surprised if he destroys low tiers.

:phone:

Top Bottom