• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Falcon not the best character in PAL?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yes you can, Ripple. try it on an actual opponent rather than on the air where it's irrelevant.
if you can do that then what exactly is the difference with PAL gentleman?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you don't have to hold A or hit the opponent with it to work

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
strongbad, while you are technically correct, the longer the time between the first jab and the last jab the easier it is to do, at least according to magus

so while its not necessary to delay between the jabs, it makes it more likely that your gentleman will work

edit: why does it work with z or with a+z sometimes?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it does make it easier to do, but a ~frame perfect AAA hold works, so it shouldn't be an issue.

using z is irrelevant, pressing z takes people longer to do than pressing a so i guess that's why people use it.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont buy that strongbad, i can sometimes get the gentleman just by hitting A A Z or darkrain style A Z A+Z

also, plenty of things that are possible if frame perfect still are issues for everyone who plays this game

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I still maintain that Falcon's best move is his dash dance.

Armada

Smash Lord
To tired of reading the entire thread but Falcon is still around 8th place (possibly 7).
Sheiks down-throw is still good enough to tech chase Falcon on reaction so no johns their. The only thing that makes the down-throw worse is the fact that Falcon can DI off stage to take the stage a bit earlier but that dosen't change the MU that much.

The uair is actually better in most cases cause you can combo the **** out of him.

In generall: The main things that actually make it hard for Falcon is still there and he still has the same problem with "safe approaching" bad OOS options terrible recovery exc. This is what makes him way worse that the fact that Fox kills with u-smash 15% earlier or have a bit better recovery.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
this has to be a ****ing joke thread lmfao
its not like you can cc->shield the first jabs and get a garaunteed punish oos that will lead to a 0->death combo on falcon for 99% of the characters in melee

LMFAO reading this thread is ****ing hilarious, flopmericans are so uninformed and beleive in so many myths in PAL differences thats you just have to laugh. weak knee->uair doesnt work? FOX FALL SPEED IS CHANGED? HIS WEIGHT CHANGE that makes him die up 1% earlier makes a difference? HAHAHAHAHAHA
how can you people seriously think the differences are so big that the 7th/8th best character becomes the BEST?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Lol why would anybody make fun of you for being homosexual?

I am, however, going to laugh at your boss *** chin.

Top Bottom