• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why exactly is Roy considered "worse than Marth"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I believe there are multiple wives Roy can get depending on his relations with them (but unfortunately only one at a time XD). but then again, maybe Lilnia is the only one he marries in the ending

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
what the... she didnt sucked? wtf that biatch nevere did more than 10 dmg on the fire dragon(last boss)for me and she was lv 20 with sol katty equipped -_- and 0% on crits is LAME for a swordmaster-like lord atleast on a final boss(hawkeye did the job btw)
LOLwut? You best be trollin`.

MY Lyn critted for like 90% of her hits, AND he evasion was high, so she dodged alot.

What's that mean? "Oh, it seems liek you missed me. Eat 30 damage, douche-bag"

She was busted as hell.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Wow this is the first time I've checked the Melee boards in forever, and there are STILL Roy>Marth threads?!?! Wow.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOLwut? You best be trollin`.

MY Lyn critted for like 90% of her hits, AND he evasion was high, so she dodged alot.

What's that mean? "Oh, it seems liek you missed me. Eat 30 damage, douche-bag"

She was busted as hell.
she had fine evasion, but wasn't powerful for a Lord. If you really want evasion play as Matthew. and he wasn't saying she never critted, he was saying her crits did nothing (Or at least that's what I thought meta was saying).

Wow this is the first time I've checked the Melee boards in forever, and there are STILL Roy>Marth threads?!?! Wow.
LOL, the Roy boards are being reborn, but unfortunately that means it's going back to the way it was (noobs and flamers and people like you who feel the need to point out that we suck). I'm like the only person here who was on the Roy boards for a while. and sadly enough, I'm starting to miss RagnaRok and 5150 (I think that's what his name was) and NJzfinest and even Comboking. they made me laugh so hard (RoK for his ranting, 5150 for his flaming, NJzfinest for his "the internet is serious business!!!1!!" attitude, and Comboking for his overall noobiness).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lyn is not a bad lord and is better than any swordmaster you get, however she was nothing compared to Hector. Eliwood sucks and he pasted his genes down to Roy as well.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
true she's better than most swordsmen, but compared to other lords she sucks. and Eilwood can be good once you train him. Roy was also good, nice offense and crits and could heal himself with his sword.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
actually he doesn't. Marth was almost taken out of Melee because his game was in Japan only. but Sakurai thought it would be weird to leave Roy in who's also Japanese but take out Marth (this was all confirmed in an interview. but truthfully Roy might have been mostly an advertising ploy for his game, which came out a little after Melee). Still, Sakurai realized that Fire Emblem had no main character, only new Lords every game. so he ket Marth becuse being the original, he's the closest to the face of FE that they have (which just makes FE look gay).

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
*i think* marth is better than roy. but not THAT much better. only significantly better. but marth is scene. and roy is a rude boy who skanks to all the ska shows. *insert smily*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom