• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does Link suck in every game that's not the Legend of Zelda?

Trollian

Smash Cadet
2nd last in SSB
low tier in melee
bottom 3 in soul calibur II
2nd last in SSBB again

i expect to see anarchy in more than just the UK

D

Deleted member

think about it

if link was top tier don't you think everybody would think that he was broken?

-amazing projectile game
- good close range game
- amazing stage control

you're wanting to add
- amazing recovery
- low % kills
- faster movement (attacks+basic speed)

link can for the most part take on top/high tier characters while being bottom/low tier. if he was any better it'd kill the balance off

Trollian

Smash Cadet
wait what

kso if link was good people would complain he was good? that makes no sense, think about it

sorry, i don't really understand what you're saying.

D

Deleted member

wait what

kso if link was good people would complain he was good? that makes no sense, think about it

sorry, i don't really understand what you're saying.
if he was good he'd be too good

if they gave him TL's recovery Link mains would 3 stock everybody

sasook

Smash Champion
I thought in melee he was mid tier...

And though I've never played it, I heard Link was awesome in SCII.

Meh, I'm fine with where Link stands in brawl.

Cap'n

Smash Rookie
because if he was decent he'd be broken
What kind of whelp would say that? That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. That's like saying if something was mediocre, it would be amazing. If he was decent he'd be mid-high tier. What are you going to say next, Meta Knight is decent, that's why he's broken?

sasook

Smash Champion
Well, like so many others have said, Link being bottom tier makes it that much more fun to win with him.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I don't think I'd like Link if he were like MK....I like the fact that not too many people play as him, and that it's more of a challenge to be good as him. But I do hate seeing one of Nintendo's greatest mascots being low on the list while a third party *cough* snake *cough* gets top tier.

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you there lonewolfe and since Link kicks *** I think he should at least get mid

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
I agree I beat everything in that game as Link no matter the difficulty and are any of you guys looking for a online match cause I'm bored I main Link Pit and Zelda mostly Link

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
i thought link was awesome in sc2?
Not entirely. He has awesome sword moves and the bow is awesome, but some of his moves are rendered useless, like the boomerang, and the bombs is a 'once in a blue moon' thing.

He doesn't suck though.

What kind of whelp would say that? That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. That's like saying if something was mediocre, it would be amazing. If he was decent he'd be mid-high tier. What are you going to say next, Meta Knight is decent, that's why he's broken?
Take it like this: If you took Toon Link's strengths and gave it to Link, he'd automatically jump to high if not Top tier because the only -big- weakness Link has (his recovery) is completely nullified.

Taking into account all the techs and strengths Link has now, he'd be a major force to be reckon'd with. Putting him on "decent" level is just letting him KO at lower levels, but even that can be broken due to the easy damage Link can rack up.

Just one minor buff can shoot Link straight to high tier. Hell, the reason it isn't like that now is because of his recovery, and that's the -only- reason.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Link ***** in SC2. He's never been good in any of the SSB games, but Namco at least had the courtesy to make him good.

Deva

Smash Lord
Best part of all.....

Link was low tier in Super Smash Flash >_>

They couldnt even make him decent in a freakin flash game not even made by Nintendo.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
2nd last in SSB
low tier in melee
bottom 3 in soul calibur II
2nd last in SSBB again

i expect to see anarchy in more than just the UK
actually he is last in ssb but fairly decent in sc 2 the great fairy sword recover 5 hp sec and arguably the best ring out throw in the game

Trollian

Smash Cadet
if anyone knew anything about competitive SCII they'd know that link is ****ing horrible

he has virtually no safe moves, a predictable approach, crappy stances, useless projectiles, and mediocre range. his sole redeeming feature were his mediocre grabs.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
And those grabs are rendered useless in a caged stage.

As said before, only the bow was a good projectile. His boomerang and bomb could've been replaced with better sword moves.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
maybe its the same as sonic. so true fanboys will only use them and/or people who love low tiers.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Brawl Link takes time to master, I wouldnt say he completely sukcs. Melee Link was the best.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
I wish link was mid tier for once, but was very hard to master. I like playing characters that are underused and are beastly when mastered.

sasook

Smash Champion
I wish link was mid tier for once, but was very hard to master. I like playing characters that are underused and are beastly when mastered.
Everyone keeps saying this, was Link not mid tier in melee? I thought Aniki, Germ, and Smasher elevated him to that status.

Finns7

Smash Ace
It doesnt matter what tier whores say Link is, all you have to do is go out with him and beat the **** out of everyone who opposes you in a tourney. Ive beaten every character on the roster before and all I have to say is it depends on the player more than the character there using. Ive ravished metas/Snakes you name it, now they prob where not pro status but they where not 100% noobite either.

You have to master every part of Links game and play very smart. Hes not that bad in brawl some of his matchups too certain chars can be overwhelming at times (cough D3, falco and meta cough cough chain grabs and just general brokeness). But Link has the abilitys to overcome them you just gotta train hard.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Blubba's thought of the moment:

"Just learn how to cover your weaknesses against said opponents..."

But yeah. If Link still had the UpB he had in the trailer that they took away from him and us, Link would be high, if not top tier.

End of story.

Finns7

Smash Ace
No clue when I get it back, Ill play you when I get it back the connection shouldnt be too bad either. I live in OH and you know all midwest Links are broken.

link2702

Smash Champion
i find link amazing in SC2...and i'm pretty good with him...but to this day....i have YET to find a vid of a GOOD sc2 link usre.....i know they exist....but they just don't seem to post any vids....

and unfortuantly, links boomerang is usless in it......just like his normal spin attack...all the oppenent has to do is......Duck

although it is funny when you catch em offguard with the boomerang glitch(where you toss the boomerang, and right as soon as it gets close enough to its peak, where its about to start coming back to you, move the control stick up or down, it'll "jump" back a bit, and then go in the direction as if you had originally tossed it that way, great for people who thought they could get away from it just by sidestepping...unfortuantly, it was quickly relized...that all you gotta do is duck and the rang becoms useless)

Top Bottom