• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHy do you play him/her

Zodiac

Smash Master
Brawl Main:Samus
Reason: She is the most bad-*** female to ever walk the galaxy, She took down hordes of space pirates single handed and not to mention the whole metroid prime trilogy plus infiltrating the pirate base without her power suit. yes I think its safe to say Samus is amazing and worth maining.

Secondary: Err Link?
Reason: Cause I mained him forever in melee and I know him better than most characters.

Second Secondary: Marth
Reason: Cause he is cool

smashbot226

Smash Master
Main: DK

Reason: He is the most underestimated and fastest heavyweight in Brawl. Mess with him and you'll get Donkey Punched. He also has Thunderclap and Lightningclap, the only moves in the game that can actually SHAKE your TV screen. PWN.

Main: Diddy

Reason: I've wanted him in since Melee, and I think EVERYONE will agree when I say his appearance in Brawl was nothing less than expected. As such, Sakurai gave him a memorable moveset, one which I am very fond of.

JawKnee~

Smash Cadet
G&W - Cause he owns, he's fun, and it's fun watching people get frustrated by is Bair and other moves.
Snake - Because he's crazy.
Wolf - He's cool, he's good, and I like spamming laser.
Olimar - I like to throw pikmen, and grab.
R.O.B. - Because he's a laser spamming gyro shooting robot.
IC - I love to chain grab people over and over.
Captain Falcon - Because he's THE Falcon, the guy in F-Zero, the guy who said, "Show ya moves!", the guy who knees people in the face, and the guy I want to pwn with because he's a low - tier char.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pikachu: I'm a Pokemon fan, and Pikachu's the flagship character. I love his moves, his speed, his power, and the fact that everyone thinks he's really freaking annoying.

Samus: I wasn't a fan of Samus until I played Metroid Prime after seeing her in Smash Bros. Holy crap, she is awesome. (Later I found out all the other details of her epic tale as well). That, and she looks awesome and has a cool style.

Diddy Kong: Everyone loves monkeys!

Wolf: Bad-***. That, and I'm a Star Fox fan, and I really like his moves.

He also has Thunderclap and Lightningclap, the only moves in the game that can actually SHAKE your TV screen.
Which is which?

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I'm surprised nobody uses their mains simply because they can win with them.
Fun > Winning

Lucas:Hes a pyromaniac
PK FIYAH

Wolf:He lets us have fun with this thing.
GET IT? LOLOLOLOL IM SO FUNNY

Ness:He defies logic by having a japanese accent
OGAY

Iceys:I am convinced they practice Twincest.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
Hm. My reasons for picking my mains...
Marth: In Melee, I mained Marth (Later Roy) so I decided I'll main Marth in Brawl. After switching to Ice Climbers and making Marth my "For Fun" Main, I switched back to him after I realized I did pretty well with him.
Ice Climbers: This, too, started in Melee. When we were hoping for a snowday, I got this random idea for my own little "Snow Day Ritual" where I played all IC, Icicle Mount., and only freezies. I had a lot of fun playing IC, and in Brawl when I wanted a new main, I went directly for them.
Pit: Pit was my first choice because of who he is. An angel with a sword/bow. A wonderful combination to me. Also, I was able to use him early in SSE.
Toon Link: I picked Toon Link up when I was battling a friend of mine online.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link - Awesome. He can use his arrows and attacks in a way that could throw off Snake. yayy.
ROB - Been using him for a while, and his moves are awesome like TLink.
Olimar - Started using him yesterday :) Like his playing style

Pippi

Smash Rookie
Peach: Who wouldn't want to use someone who can kill with her butt and make hearts come out of it?

Zelda: I've liked Zelda since Melee. So I decided to use her in Brawl. Plus, DSmash is just too awesome. <3

Olimar: Well, I was randomly browsing through Smash songs and found Ai No Uta. I got so interested in it, I decided to look for a video and found lots of Pikmin videos. I suddenly got interested in Olimar and began to play as him. I love his play style. ;P.

Pokemon Trainer: What can I say? I'm a Pokemon fan. Favorite Pokemon out of the three has to be Ivy though.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I only use Luigi and Lucas exclusively, with Luigi at about 98% of the time.

Luigi: I've loved Luigi ever since SMB2, and mained him in SSB64 along with Ness. But it was until I saw a video of Morb playing as Luigi in a Pbody Tournament and was awestruck by Luigi's four-move recovery technique, that I really began to focus entirely on mastering Luigi. Everyone else is a footnote.

Lucas: I liked his playstyle when I played with him in the Japanese version of Brawl. It wasn't until they discovered the Wavebounce and Zapjump that I started actually training with him as a secondary.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Main A: Sheik; Because she's all a man could want and when I play her they swear I pulled off some type of lightning brawl cheat.

Main B: Zelda; if I transform from sheik to zelda call bomb control. Why? I just blew your mind.

Secondary A: Mario; I do things that'd make Chuck norris proud.

Secondary B: Samus; When I was a boy she took my heart and never gave it back...Ive never been more safe.

Secondary C: Ganon; He can kill Sephiroth by *****-slapping him with his godhand.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
captain falco, because people secretly love getting the knee in the anal area/face, and because punch is epic.

and fox for the here i ***

PeachMaster562

Smash Cadet
Peach: So **** Cute and gotta protect her
Lucario: IDK i luv pokemon, + its cool the more damage he has the more powerful he gets, and luv that final smash
Link: Luv that final smash also, hes also strong
Mario: Mid Tier on everything pretty solid character
Ike: pure strength, vicious smash attacks

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
OK, please don't bash me for picking these characters, I have my reasons...

Yoshi: He was the very first Smash Bros character I ever played as, when I got my copy of SS64, therefore he's very important to me. And he's awesome.
Bowser: First character I played as in Brawl. I picked Random and got this awesome character. That and he has a great voice actor in Brawl. (Yes, I did play him in Melee, but...)
R.O.B.: Really underestimated and unwanted character, I felt really sorry for him cause everyone was hating on him, and I myself thought it would take FOREVER to learn his moves, but when I first played as him in the SSE, I found he's actually pretty easy to use.
Dedede: I was really looking forward to using Dedede as I judged from all of the Japanese Brawl vids on Youtube that Dedede was a really fun character to use. His moveset exceeded my expectations.

I actually don't have a main, so I usually pick Random, but these are the 4 that I most frequently use.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Main- Zamus- I just like her playstyle and the ability to either go aggressive or stay back and camp.
PT- I just tend to do well with PT for whatever reason. The character suits me and I do much better with him then I do with other high tiered characters.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Ganondorf: My main man. I just love beating people who use "high-teir" characters with him and come on, that spike is just epic.

Zero-Suit Samus: My man woman. Stunning people and whipping them since March '08 lol.

Yoshi: C'mon, he's just too cool. I love grabbing people with him. My best guy in team battles.

Sheik: Love her speed and setups. My love of Melee.

Donkey Kong: C'mon, he has the "Donkey Punch". Also my other best guy in team battles.

Peach: Because people find it embarrassing when they lose to her. Loe her mindgames.

Yep, that's about it :)

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Main: Peach-Because she is my favorite, love her float ability. and double slap also love her new heart based magic attacks.

Secondary: Wolf-Because I'm a fan of the StarFox series and I just like Wolf, been wanting him since melee.

Others:
Zelda-I like using her magic but I never use Sheik
Fox-I like using him Just because of his tight @$$
Lucario-Gets stronger when his damage is increasing.
JigglyPuff-Love her Puff Up and I miss her Royal Crown from melee.
Mario-I like his Final Smash.

kalleswamp

Smash Rookie
Main nr.1: Luigi, allways been one of my mains. I just love his moveset, especially the firejumppunch and forward-smash

Main nr.2: Peach. It's funny I allways said she the suckyest char. in melee.. Now its probably the one im doing the best with. Golfclub and fryingpan ftw.

Ice-Climbers, Captain Olimar and Wolf are the ones i have the most fun playing as and therefore they're also my mains, but im not very good with either of them.. but who cares.

Pk_Starstorm11

Smash Cadet
I love playing as Lucas cause he is from one of my favorite series (Earthbound). Then Ike because I like to win :). And Toon Link cause he is like Link only cartoon....like.

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll post the ones I play as most often.

Sonic
- An eternal Sega/Sonic fan, lover of speed, and his style works perfectly with my own. If you don't understand this- You're too slow. Heh...

Link
-My main since Smash64. I've always been comfortable with him and I've grown to really like his TP costume.

Mario
- The first Smash game where I actively play as him. What's there to say here? Mario is awesome, his games are awesome, and I love fire. ^^ Also its just awesome to pair him with Sonic.

Luigi
- Since Smash64 I've semi-mained Luigi. Only in Brawl have I gotten serious about him. Outside of Brawl I like him more than Mario, honestly. ^^""

Wolf & Bowser
-These two have recently joined my team. I picked them up because I love villians and these two are my favorites in their respective games.

I may post a few others later since this is the first Smash where I enjoy playing as almost the entire cast. There are a few exceptions. > > I'm looking at you, Wario, Ganon, and ZS Samus...

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
1st Main - PT: I've wanted squirtle in since melee, now i got 'em along with charizard and ivytard. He's everything I imagined he would be, quick, combo king, and basically just a lil ninja to sum it all up. Charizard is also a blast to play as but ivytard, i just dont enjoy too much.

2nd Main - Sonic: First major video game I ever played was Sonic 2. That game made me a sonic fanboy and forever put a place in my heart for the cool hedgehog. The masterpiece that was Sonic 3 & Knuckles totally blew me away and i still play it to this day. The day sonic was announced for brawl, I literally screamed for 15 mins in joy (of course I knew it was inevitable but still it was a shock). Despite PT being my better main, I still love playing as the blue blur and continue to develop him into my best.

3rd Main - Bowser: What can I say, he's a fricken tank, a bowser tank that is. Leading up to brawl's release, I started to play more and more bowser as I always played as the lower tier guys in melee cause most of my favs were low. Watching gimpy's vids of bowser and cracking countless jokes about bowser, I decided to give him a legit shot in brawl and it was def. worth it.

Oh man, what a surprise, I play "low tier" chars again, except for you bowser. you own anything haha

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well let see..

Main:Bowser:
Reason: well, he isn't the typical character you would see alot of people using as such as MK, as I grew up with him since the good ol' Melee days, and watching Gimpy's vids, I have gotten better and better with his tilts, and smashes, which there's not much to say other than I will always play as this fire-breathing, shell spiked, orange mohawk (kinda) King of Koopas.

Top Bottom