• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do Sheik mains suck?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
players use 40% of their brain playing sheik. It's a lazy habit. and they need to play more active and stop taking the character for granted.

Sheik has easy tech chases e.t.c. so ppl takes the character for granted.
What does playing more active even mean?

Also... lol?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I never play Falcon because no one over here uses him.

It's all Peach, Marth, Fox, Falco and Sheik.

Then 1 Yoshi and 1 Samus.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Real talk with that 40% ****. In friendlies Im always like, "Why don't I just main fox, my sheik sucks ****". Then in tournies when im actually putting in effort, my sheik gets way better than my fox. Just a little more focus makes a big difference with sheik.

Ministry

Smash Ace
no... i think its just that people are better vs fox since hes the first match-up everyone learns.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
M2K legitimately destroys Falcon, lol. Armada is also surprisingly knowledgeable on Sheik vs Falcon, his brother Aniolas beat Fuzzyness for a reason. Europe doesn't have Falcons like the US does though. X_X
I mean...

I know it was a multi-game tournament so M2K was probably playing bad but... I dunno.

Pikaville

Pikaville

i think that matchup is almost 50 50 at high level. Most all the falcons are just really bad at it (darkrain)
Your edgeguarding with Sheik is pretty sick I must say.

You make a lot of what I would consider to be brave moves in that Falcon set.

But then again, it is Falcon you have offstage. :p

Skler

Smash Master
Tec0 is finally quitting Sheik for Link?

IT WORKED!

Now you can't just eat bagels to get better.

Oh and...ummm...Sheik players suck because they have grown soft and weak! After having so many easy victories they have become complacent and allowed themselves to be enslaved by the space animals. They need to throw off their shackles and bring the fight to their vulpine masters!

Edit: Hi KK! I hear you're pretty good with Sheik.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
no one has really mentioned gimping the spacies yet. if you can get those gimps, sheik does quite well against spacies, fast falllers. in pressure filled situations, those opportunities come up.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I find I make so many mistakes against space animals... and I can pinpoint most of them but can't do anything about them until it happens.

For example, when I pop a space animal into the air kinda close to me and low enough, I want to do a dash attack, but often miss because I am too close. Then I try dashing away and then back and then miss because I miss the timing.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I find I make so many mistakes against space animals... and I can pinpoint most of them but can't do anything about them until it happens.

For example, when I pop a space animal into the air kinda close to me and low enough, I want to do a dash attack, but often miss because I am too close. Then I try dashing away and then back and then miss because I miss the timing.
Just grab or ftilt into a tech chase

:phone:

Van.

Smash Ace
weird that darkrain would be bad at the falcon mu, so he played so many gfs against drephen for all those years

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
usually if you ftilt they DI away and are uncomboable

at least at the distance and height I'm thinking of. The dash attack I do to account for the DI away.
You can't do much else though.

At low percentages, its very hard to combo fox its all about just racking up percent till they hit like 50-60.

So, basically just tack on whatever damage you can and go for the chase.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
weird that darkrain would be bad at the falcon mu, so he played so many gfs against drephen for all those years
but Drephen was known for using few moves (grabs and downsmash) so i guess it threw him off when playing other high level sheiks

Top Bottom