• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your profile pic that you have now?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Silver the Hedgheog is my favorite character, Super Silver is my second favorite transformation of the series (behind Hyper Sonic). But I feel I'll probably change it before the month comes to a close.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
How many Mario games so far had unique designs and clothing for certain characters? And how many times has Yoshi been excluded from getting them? Yeah, I'm a little salty about it...

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Because someone thought it was a problematic picture (it was a official Baby Link sprite)

Also because back to the roots

Waddle!

Smash Rookie
Delibird is one of my favorite Pokémon, he literally stalks Team Rocket in the Johto anime because they owe him money. It's a shame he never got it back though..

p1cklee0424

Smash Cadet
i chose g&w cuz i love g&w as a character, he's just so oblivious to everything thats happening around him, plus he communicates with beeps and boops(and gunshot noises). also he's green because my name is pickle

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Octolings (the playable ones) are adorable

especially their octopus forms

that is all

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I really love pfp's where it looks like I'm looking above like, "take a look at this ****". And Douglas is one of my favorite Mega Man characters. I think I might keep this one for a while.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I never know what kind of avatar to have. So my thought process when I made this so many years ago "hmm, Maybe animals then? People love animals. Though I can't just do any kind of animal, it's gotta be my favorite. I guess that'd be a bat because spoopy stuff".

Then when I went onto smashboards, I figured something more smash-friendly would be better. So figured a pokemon would fit. So when Noivern came around, there were only a few episodes of him. I actually made a whole folder of pictures that could be potential avatars. This one where it looks like he's scheming something looked like it'd fit best for a speedy flier of the darkness. Just coincidentally I was on the Ridley hype train, and it gives me Ridley vibes (and yes I still play Ridley a lot even though I am supposedly maining Sephiroth right now).

If I were to change my avatar, I'd probably try to do something Sephiroth related, but I am kind of fond of this avatar enough that I don't feel a real good reason to do that. Maybe when I get better at making avatars for VR I may try my hand at trying to make a three way hybrid of the characters that are my "loyalty mains", Sephiroth, Lucario, and Meta Knight. So this moment probably be a Lucario with Sephiroth's wing, "Masamune" and outfit with Meta Knight's mask. Question is if I want to add other features or not like Sephiroth's hair, Meta Knight's other wing on the other side, or Meta Knight's cape. Planning on making an avatar like this because I am absolute garbage at drawing, also so I have something to use while I play smash. That is if I can finish making an avatar of decent quality before Smash 6 comes out with no Sephiroth.

Sothen

Smash Rookie
I literally just chose this because Joker is one of the coolest characters in fiction. That's...honestly all I can say.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Current PFP at the time of writing:
1634762292013.png

I used to have Ace Visconti from DBD as the PFP but Behavior is now supporting NFT's and I am heavily against that. Meanwhile, Valve on the other hand is banning NFT's on their platform Steam, so I knew immediately I wanted my new PFP to be a valve character.

Originally I had the idea of Bill Overbeck but I thought the cigarette in his mouth could have caused trouble, then possibly Scout from TF2 but then I remembered I don't play TF2. Then my 3rd idea, which was the winner, was Ellis from L4D2 as he's my 2nd favorite L4D character and I also love the L4D series, plus he is a bit relatable.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
2a64c134-d1e6-5df1-9338-598c2933884c_800x.png

Wake is a good rock album, and it's my favorite artist. Their other albums aren't as easy or optimal to make into avatars.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Same as last time, but the album is Happiness by Dance Gavin Dance (2010). It's one of my favorite albums of all time.

Untitled.png

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Neil Cicierega also known as Lemon Demon

Jokes aside, this specific image has a funny history behind it. The head in question is a giant replica of that of Eddie Murphy, originally made as a promotional stunt for the movie Meet Dave. This specific image became somewhat of a meme, and was then used as the thumbnail for various Neil Cicierega songs - most notably, Two Trucks.

The reason I use this? It's actually pretty humourous, and I like Lemon Demon, so it's the best of both worlds!

Top Bottom