• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your profile pic that you have now?

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
I'm in competitive Pokemon draft leagues (everybody drafts 11/12 Pokemon and battle with those mons for a few weeks, with playoffs and a championship) and even started one of my own that's entering its eigth season. And my team is the Oakland Remoraiders as my favorite sports team is the Oakland Raiders. This is the logo I made for it, and it's just kind of my go-to avatar.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I recently played and completed FE12, and I became attached to Kris's character, even if it has many faults. Unfortunately, his game was only released in Japan, so he doesn't get enough recognition and probably won't for years to come. Or so I thought, until just recently, he got a card in Fire Emblem Cipher.
I did my best at restoring the image to a suitable profile pic. I probably could've done better, but I'm no Photoshop master.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Because I didn't feel like changing it even though it was during that stupid phase I had when I was a teenager where I was obsessed with my astrological sign even though nowadays I consider astrology to be dumb as hell.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
I just found this random picture of Link eating and it made me laugh. It spoke to me on a spiritual level or whatever. Zelda and food, my life.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
I just thought it was a nice and cute image. While it has no relevance to Smash, I think it is Lovely.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Cause I like cute cartoon characters plus it relates to my username. Also she reminds of myself since I have a strong attachment to cutesy stuff.

I have a new profile pic from the mural seen in Ultimate which has those adorable animals Diddy and Isabelle, my favorite newcomers from Brawl and Ultimate.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
just something a made one day. I wanted something that matched the word "grizby" which I defined as "Scrappy and readily willing to do the unexpected in battle no matter how unorthodox it may seem, all while doing so with a grin"
which is exactly the way I play smash bros!
ex: doing a smash attack out of range 3 times only for my friend to rush me and get hit with the 4th attempt, taking his stock! followed by my hyena-esque laughter~

aarchak

Smash Ace
This thing was originally a placeholder I made myself and used when switching pics on my Google account, but I liked it enough to just use it permanently.

I'd Negæte That

Smash Cadet
Negate is a God Tier M:TG meme
Edit:: I switched my profile to Karn Liberated in loving memory of Tron, a modern deck whose existence is expected to end with the release of Guilds of Ravnica.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
"Ahh shoot i just joined this forum but I don't have an avatar... what do I have that's board appropriate... ahh... here we go, here's this Pig Ganon I drew that I was kinda proud of... Perfect... looks like I should crop it"

...incidentally, if you'd like to see a non shrunken non cropped version, check it out.

D

Deleted member

The Giganotosaurus in Jurassic World Evolution got its size upgraded to a proper scale. And as a result, I love it.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Robin's probably my favorite videogame character of all time, and he's my main in Smash 4/Ultimate as well. So while I was making a Twitter banner in paint.net, I decided to make two icons as well—one circular for websites like YouTube, Twitter, and Discord, and one squared, like for Smashboards and Steam. I think they came out pretty well. The only slight problem is that Smashboards doesn't display it correctly, since the bottom border is a bit cut off. But it doesn't matter. I spent a reasonable amount of time on it, and I like it. And that's all that matters!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Well I thought my Ganon avatar gave off an unfriendly vibe, I just thought it was a cool picture, but I know some people will get different vibes from you based on your avatar. So I changed it to my favorite Pokemon, Magmar, giving a cheeky thumbs up. A bonus point to anyone who knows what it's mimicking.

StarFan13

Smash Rookie
I chose that pic because it's looks like my favorite female Trainer
Hilda

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice
Because Ravio is best boy. He's
Link
but with a personality and can actually talk. Plus, if you're me and read too deep into things, he's quite the magnificent ******* and can play the long game. So add intelligence onto that as well?

D

Deleted member

Been looking for artwork of Princess Zelda with her sword, found this one and really liked it so I used it.

(Couldnt find the artist to credit them unfortunately)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
I actually drew my avatar pic. (I also drew my previous avatar of Luffy's wanted poster from One Piece)
Ike's one of my favourite video game characters, and I love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. So I figured "why not combine the two?" XD

I think it turned out really well. Ike fits part 3's art style perfectly. Based him off of a manga panel of Jotaro.

link2702

Smash Champion
I was a pit main in brawl. A friend made this edit for me, and it’s simply been too good to get rid of even though i hate how pit and dark pit play in 4, especially how their arrows work now. I hate how the arrows disappear now after a few seconds, making the ability to control 4 at once and rain em all back down on opponents in style which is what the pic references, impossible. Yes I know it was a useless gimmick but it was neat. I realize pit is overall technically a better character now, but i still miss his brawl moveset.

Anyway that’s why I got this image.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Because out of millions of possibilities, me using this avatar was the only way to make Smash 5 happen. No need to thank me. I did it for the timeline.

Also, I like Gravity Rush and its protagonist Kat (AKA Kitten). The cool thing is that I can rotate this picture in any direction and it will make sense in context without looking out of place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is the villains from my four favourite franchises + K.Rool

Top Bottom