• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why darkrain is the best falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomed

Smash Master
more proof that wc needs to l2DI

falco is a horrible matchup for falcon so w/e if dark does worse against falcos than SS lol.
i dont get this post, cuz SS is using falcon as well so why is it w/e if SS does better vs falco?

as for the bob$ thing, combo videos mean nothing
and as for the HMW thing, right b4 that combo the falco DI'd away after a utilt and got fmashed and almost died at like what, 70%

so of course he was scared some strong attack was comin again so he died for survival

none of my combos ever work cuz everyone can clearly see what im trying to do and DI's accordingly

mango, play doc so i can watch 1 time

BTW scar is rite, **** live stream
everyone can jus wait a few days for perfect vids

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you record on your computer the same time you stream, it doesn't have issues

it's that people continue to rely on the recorded stream for recordings instead of making their own separately that leads to the crappy quality

DrewB008

Smash Lord
the pov of watty being better than hugs is simply that he is right now, considering hugs barely plays anymore

hugs' prime is still the best samus has been, but recently watty has been outperforming him. its not that bold of a statement to be honest

pockyD

Smash Legend
what has watty done? (i really don't keep up with the midwest, so i'm sort of actually asking, but i haven't seen his name at or near the top of any of the major tournaments)

hugs's last tournament was mango juice, where he got 7th, beating lucky, eggz, and falcomist, losing to mango and forward

it honestly sounds like you're just guessing that he's regressed significantly instead of having any real basis for it

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
i love you for saying that lol

SS DID beat mango in a set for whoever said he only won one match
SS won in winner's finals and then mango came bak and took both GF sets

why do you guys think taj is so amazing?
I dunno, I'm pretty terrible, right Mango?

Also, I never played Darkrain on Yoshi's Story, he'd probably have ***** me there too with the entire Midwest behind him, maybe even more so with how I played that day.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
3 things I wanna say. 1 I can't believe this is still opened? 2 Shroomed is the ****ing man. I saw some of your matches from a few days ago. I've been a fan of your Doc for awhile but I didn't know you could play other characters so well your Mario ***** samus. It made me shed a man tear...oh and 3 Taj is great! his Mew2 is like nothing I've ever seen. I'm not sure how someone could say he's not good with a straight face?

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want to see who's the best, here's what you do:

SilentSpectre and Darkrain vs.

5 REALLY good smashers, (various characters) that neither of them has ever played before OR has only played once or twice.

Example:

Really Good Falco: DaShizWiz/Forward
Really Good Fox: Cactuar/M2k
Really Good Peach: Xelic/Cort
Really Good Shiek: M2k/PC Chris
Really Good Marth: M2k/Azen/Cactuar

SS and Dark fight each of the five opponents a total of 2-3 times.
10/15 wins maximum.

Tally up the wins, and there you have it, the best Falcon in the world.
For kicks (or if there is a tie) you can let them play each other in a set after that, for more points/wins.

In short, Smash has too many variables to ACCURATELY measure two players skill in relation to each other. The only real barometer we have is consistent tournament placings. And even then, you have to factor in the other players in the tournament, and why the players in question lost their matches. That being the case, I do believe the idea I pitched removes enough variables to be a somewhat accurate barometer.

noodles

Smash Champion
idk every time people do livestream it messes up the recording, and since i'm going to be at the tournament i'd rather cater to everyone and post high quality vids online than show few people what happens immediately then mess it up for posterity
i didnt know it messed up quality. makes sense XD

Eggz

Smash Hero
what has watty done? (i really don't keep up with the midwest, so i'm sort of actually asking, but i haven't seen his name at or near the top of any of the major tournaments)

hugs's last tournament was mango juice, where he got 7th, beating lucky, eggz, and falcomist, losing to mango and forward

it honestly sounds like you're just guessing that he's regressed significantly instead of having any real basis for it
Hugo was playing terribly at that tournament too. Hes still really good.

young wus

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want to see who's the best, here's what you do:

SilentSpectre and Darkrain vs.

5 REALLY good smashers, (various characters) that neither of them has ever played before OR has only played once or twice.

Example:

Really Good Falco: DaShizWiz/Forward
Really Good Fox: Cactuar/M2k
Really Good Peach: Xelic/Cort
Really Good Shiek: M2k/PC Chris
Really Good Marth: M2k/Azen/Cactuar

wow! mango isnt even up there seen how he is better than almost every( since he beat M2K(TWICE))

PS: i say u mix it up, 1 east coast player and 1 west coast player.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
darkrain plays by the book too much i think

its a good book but some other people have read it

thats why i like mango/ss....no books no scripts

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Wat is this book you speak of and where can I get it?
I believe he's referring to the Stickies on this Falcon thread. There are 3 styles from what I can see with every characters. Extremely structured, Extremely wild and random, and then there are people who are 50/50.

JFox

Smash Hero
Why are falcon mains the only one's that you constantly see making these stupid "____ is the best falcon" Genesis is less than a month away, just see who outplaces who and theres your best/easiest answer.

pockyD

Smash Legend
didn't peach players have a similar spiel (and in fact, an ongoing one with armada for like the past few years) about the same thing

all this is played out fo sho though

i'm really more interested in this watty > hugs theory

skyheart

Smash Lord
Why are falcon mains the only one's that you constantly see making these stupid "____ is the best falcon" Genesis is less than a month away, just see who outplaces who and theres your best/easiest answer.
You're so right its stupid. everyone should just admit i have the best falcon and get on with their lives

Big_R

Smash Champion
watty isnt great i mean i beat him the last 3 tournies or so in a row sooooooooooooooo there ya go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom