• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why choose Y. Link over Link?

Jash

Smash Lord
I think everyone here is exaggerating a little bit. Lets look at the bright side to all this, Link and Young Link can own anyone in this game with hard work and thats that. Link has advantages over people because his extreme over powered Master Sword and the range he has to it. In my opinion Links combos are far easier to pull off and since he is over powered, it all makes a good combination. Young Link has advantages over people because he is swift and his projectiles make a fine damaging process into owning and doing combos. In my opinion, i would have to say that Young Link does far better then Link against Sheik. I am sorry Chip but its not because of speed, thats only a little bit of it. The real reason is because......Sheiks needles own Link....i know this because his Up B is worse and once gotten hit by the needle when trying to perform a Hook shot recovery....bye bye Link. Not only that Sheik can combo him like boxer and his punching bag. But Young Link on the other hand has a far better Up B and it doesn't really matter if he gets hit by the needles...hes coming back. Anyway my point is that we should not be exaggerating about who's better or who does better in matches, in the end it all comes down to having Mind games and using every advantage that they have. Why do we choose Y.Link over Link? Because we can do that, any problems?

Giggidax

Smash Ace
OMG JASH THAT WAS BEAUFITUL.... i mean beatiful! thanks for summing it all up. i was too stupid to think of something as great as this i was really trying tho.
this, my friend, will end the "Whos better: Link or Ylink" discussion.

it doesnt matter who we think is better or not, because it all comes down to who the better PLAYER is. it depends on who's smash mentality is greater. basically.. mindgames ftw. argument over !

Aesir

Smash Master
I think everyone here is exaggerating a little bit. Lets look at the bright side to all this, Link and Young Link can own anyone in this game with hard work and thats that.
No they can't.

Link has advantages over people because his extreme over powered Master Sword and the range he has to it. In my opinion Links combos are far easier to pull off and since he is over powered, it all makes a good combination.
How is he over powered? Ganon has more power then him. Jesus christ Link over powered lawl. thats is funny >_>

Young Link has advantages over people because he is swift and his projectiles make a fine damaging process into owning and doing combos. In my opinion, i would have to say that Young Link does far better then Link against Sheik.
and in my opinion you're wrong GASP paradox.

I am sorry Chip but its not because of speed, thats only a little bit of it. The real reason is because......Sheiks needles own Link....i know this because his Up B is worse and once gotten hit by the needle when trying to perform a Hook shot recovery....bye bye Link.
Lol same can be said for y.link except y.link might actually have a chance to make it back but thats quickly shot down by the fact that you can still get needled while in your up then fair'd and then you can't make it back =(

Not only that Sheik can combo him like boxer and his punching bag. But Young Link on the other hand has a far better Up B and it doesn't really matter if he gets hit by the needles...hes coming back.
Wrong he isn't coming back any half decent sheik will just keep you off the stage and keep hitting you till coming back is just a dream.

Anyway my point is that we should not be exaggerating about who's better or who does better in matches, in the end it all comes down to having Mind games and using every advantage that they have. Why do we choose Y.Link over Link? Because we can do that, any problems?
LOL mindgames. Do you even know what a mindgame is? Probably not probably heard it and thought, WOW that sounds cool.

So is that the best you could come up with to how y.link is better? having better mindgames sad.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
aesir isnt gonna stop till we say Link owns Ylink. oh well. i respect his spirit on debating. debate on.

i still choose Ylink over Link

hurray for young link! he detroyed the dodungos!

Jash

Smash Lord
No I'm not gonna stop till you guys stop posting bull****, you guys are spewing out false information.
False information? How is saying "Y.Link and Link can own anyone with hard work" false information? Anikis Link beat Kens Marth...thats hard work sir...very hard. People would see my post and just let everything go because i came here and try to resolve everything and it appears you sir do no want that. You have come here only to argue and make everyone think you are correct and quite frankly its not helping anybody. In fact its getting annoying, if you come on the Young Link Forum trying to bring him down....what do you get out of it? If you come here to argue please go somewhere else....this argument is getting very boring. Also i am very aware of what mind games are, if you come here to make us look like noobs then go elsewhere, your post are not wanted.

Aesir

Smash Master
False information? How is saying "Y.Link and Link can own anyone with hard work" false information?
because they can't own anyone with hard work, its false. Link and y.link are limited in what they can do.

People would see my post and just let everything go because i came here and try to resolve everything and it appears you sir do no want that.
Yes I do but your way of solving a problem with just create more problems. you're basically saying that you can pick up any character and win with it. Thats not true, at all. Pichu vs marth for example if your information was correct pichu might actually be able to win, but alas he can't cause he sucks.

You have come here only to argue and make everyone think you are correct and quite frankly its not helping anybody. In fact its getting annoying, if you come on the Young Link Forum trying to bring him down....what do you get out of it?
I'm not trying to bring him down, he did that himself. Y.link is garbs you can use a garbs character its your choice but atleast admit hes garbs instead of sugar coating it say "OH YOU CAN WIN IF YOU USE MINDGAMES" like I asked before do you even know what a mindgame is?

If you come here to argue please go somewhere else....this argument is getting very boring. Also i am very aware of what mind games are, if you come here to make us look like noobs then go elsewhere, your post are not wanted.
Clearly you don't cause if you did you wouldn't use them in this type of argument. you would realize mindgames have no place in a smash debate.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
saying that "Y.Link and Link can own anyone with hard work" is false information is probably the dumbest thing anyone can say. If taj hadnt have made Mewtwo famous u, aeris, would probably say "Mewtwo can own anyone with hard work" false information as well.

just wanted to point that out, plz explain this aeris

offcell

Smash Apprentice
I'm not getting into a hissy fit >_> I'm just correcting these people on things they know very little about. Link just does better then y.link its a fact.
Opinion buddy. I'd tell you why, but you'll probably come charging at me with more "facts."
It's the player that makes the game, not the character. Anyone can beat anyone; true, there are counter picks but it all comes down to the player and their experiences. (not experience as in skill level, but in playing the game; knowing what moves to use and just generally knowing what works.

Aesir

Smash Master
saying that "Y.Link and Link can own anyone with hard work" is false information is probably the dumbest thing anyone can say. If taj hadnt have made Mewtwo famous u, aeris, would probably say "Mewtwo can own anyone with hard work" false information as well.

just wanted to point that out, plz explain this aeris
Is there a reason you're spelling my name wrong? its right in front of you.

and wth? why would I say one of the worst characters in the game can own anyone with hard work? seriously lrn2argue

One person does not define a character, so why bring it up?

if one person defined a character you would see me saying Link is top tier because azens link almost beat chillins fox.

but you don't do ya?

edit: offcell:

Opinion buddy. I'd tell you why, but you'll probably come charging at me with more "facts."
It's the player that makes the game, not the character. Anyone can beat anyone; true, there are counter picks but it all comes down to the player and their experiences. (not experience as in skill level, but in playing the game; knowing what moves to use and just generally knowing what works.
No it doesn't, by your logic link can beat sheik. Only way that can happen is if the link is loads better then the sheik. I don't care how well you know the sheik link match up you will lose most of the time.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
You just proved my point. The Link in your example has had more experience. Tada.

You see, i'm not arguing that a Link can beat a Sheik, I just wanted you to know that you were stating opinions.

Aesir

Smash Master
You just proved my point. The Link in your example has had more experience. Tada.
No **** sherlock of course someone of higher skill is going to **** someone of lower skill.

thank you captain obvious. even the best link player can't beat sheik constantly. why the hell do you think aniki quit? LOL

jash: you don't read do you? I said One person cannot define a character. Taj is good, with mewtwo but your point?

its just like neo with roy, just because neo wrecks with roy does that mean roy is good? srsly =\

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
This topic needs more people who know what they're talking about.

False information? How is saying "Y.Link and Link can own anyone with hard work" false information? Anikis Link beat Kens Marth...thats hard work sir...very hard.
Please stop there. That was a FRIENDLY match, from almost 2 years ago, if I recall correctly, Ken destroyed Aniki in the tournament.

If you come here to argue please go somewhere else....this argument is getting very boring. Also i am very aware of what mind games are, if you come here to make us look like noobs then go elsewhere, your post are not wanted.p
Lol, he isn't make you look like a noob, you're doing that. you posted incorrect information believing it's fact. Taj is good with mewtwo. Guess what? mewtwo is still a terrible character, and he'll never win anything big with mewtwo.

That isn't opinion. it's a fact. Guess what? Link has done better in tournaments than young link has. That sort of thing is not an opinion.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
All quotes are from Jash's post.

"I think everyone here is exaggerating a little bit. Lets look at the bright side to all this, Link and Young Link can own anyone in this game with hard work and thats that."
:newbie:

"Link has advantages over people because his extreme over powered Master Sword and the range he has to it. In my opinion Links combos are far easier to pull off and since he is over powered, it all makes a good combination."
*agrees with Aiser*

"Young Link has advantages over people because he is swift and his projectiles make a fine damaging process into owning and doing combos. In my opinion, i would have to say that Young Link does far better then Link against Sheik. I am sorry Chip but its not because of speed, thats only a little bit of it. The real reason is because......Sheiks needles own Link....i know this because his Up B is worse and once gotten hit by the needle when trying to perform a Hook shot recovery....bye bye Link. Not only that Sheik can combo him like boxer and his punching bag. But Young Link on the other hand has a far better Up B and it doesn't really matter if he gets hit by the needles...hes coming back."

Sheik's needles own everyone... a young Link player isn't coming back unless the Sheik sucks at edgeguarding which means the Sheik isn't gay, which means that it isn't Sheik. Once you are off... you are off, unless you are at like 0 and the sheik just like bthrowed you off the edge... then you have a chance at surviving. Yes, link is like a punching bag for Sheik, but y link is no different. He's lighter so it's even easier to combo him with Sheik. With y link being lighter, it also makes him survive for not nearly as long as link, so y link can't get those few extra hits before he is at the point where he should die. It's also hard for y link to even get in on sheik since his range is so small compared to link's. If you just sat there with young link and started camping, the Sheik could do the same thing, except because her needles are teh leet it'd be much more beneficial and the y link probably wouldn't reach. I've tried camping against Aiser's link and it's really hard because of how much range Link has and he usually ends up getting those hits instead of me.

Link vs Sheik is harder for Sheik than y link vs Sheik end of story.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
Skill? I'm not talking about skill. Read carefully sir, it's experience. Say it with me, ex-pier-e-nce.

So tournament results make it a fact? Oh that's swell, let's just create facts from tourneys from now on. All i'm saying is that it's player vs player, not char vs char.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
maybe i wanted to spell ur name wrong purposely. psyche, just pretend that the s and r have switched places. lolZZ

good point AESIR did i get it right? *scrolls up* yes i did. but basically ur posts are saying that certain characters will win because they are proven to be better. if it was like that then peach should be able to own Ylink hands down.

but anyway all this arguing has got me off track, wats the main topic of this debate again.

Aesir

Smash Master
maybe i wanted to spell ur name wrong purposely. psyche, just pretend that the s and r have switched places. lolZZ

good point AESIR did i get it right? *scrolls up* yes i did. but basically ur posts are saying that certain characters will win because they are proven to be better. if it was like that then peach should be able to own Ylink hands down.
no it doesn't, wth? what I'm saying is character match ups take priority over everything else. Just because peach is above y.link on the tier list doesn't mean anything. it just means peach does better in tourneys then Y.link does.

Link226

Smash Ace
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T1BJcdrKAbk :laugh:

I really hate it when people quote other peoples post and answer their posts when they didnt even ask a question. Its really ****ing annoying, and especially when people answer them with something quick and stupid like ''no they cant'' as if they are somebody in this world and can say what they want and people need to go by what they say with no questioning. They believe since they have a little reputation on these forums they are special? its funny...people have some egos on these forums

offcell

Smash Apprentice
I get your drift, they do go together like that, but too bad skill is defined as using one's knowlege (or experience) effectively.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
no it doesn't, wth? what I'm saying is character match ups take priority over everything else. Just because peach is above y.link on the tier list doesn't mean anything. it just means peach does better in tourneys then Y.link does.
o ok......
edit: ur silly, this is a good argument tho

Giggidax

Smash Ace
so now that this whole raging storm debating thing has calmed down....

i chose Ylink over Link because his projectiles are better, hes faster, and i have memories with him. LoZ:OoT
also, Ylinks arrows are more godly than Links arrows.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't see why people bring up specific cases when all aiser is saying is that young Link is not as good as Link. Aiser is not saying that so-and-so's link is better than so-and-so's young link. Fact: Link > Young Link, again, I don't see how anyone could attempt to dispute this. Jash, I'd like to see you win a tournament with ylink, or beat good people for that matter.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't see why people bring up specific cases when all aiser is saying is that young Link is not as good as Link. Aiser is not saying that so-and-so's link is better than so-and-so's young link. Fact: Link > Young Link, again, I don't see how anyone could attempt to dispute this. Jash, I'd like to see you win a tournament with ylink, or beat good people for that matter.
Jash doesn't have to. I already have. Links despise my Young Link. I have heard it hundreds of time. You can flaunt your opinion as fact all you want. Young Link has speed in areas where Link does not. I'll take Young Link any day over Link.

Bailey

Smash Hero
I started to pick up Y. Link over Link because Link is to slow for me and it ruins my Fox and Falco and also Y. Link can counter Peach :)))))

Brookman

Smash Hero
Jash doesn't have to. I already have. Links despise my Young Link. I have heard it hundreds of time. You can flaunt your opinion as fact all you want. Young Link has speed in areas where Link does not. I'll take Young Link any day over Link.
I hate link, and I play Y. Link for his maneuverability as well. Though only in low tier tournaments of course. I do play him pretty frequently though. Anyway, it doesn't really matter if random like players despise your young link, link is better over-all than his smaller counter part, link and young link both have similar strengths vs floaty characters like peach/marth/samus etc. I don't think either are unplayable at all, or bad for that matter. I'm just saying, Link IS BETTER AS A CHARACTER. AKA LINK HAS MORE POTENTIAL TO DO WELL.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm just saying, Link IS BETTER AS A CHARACTER.
This is the part where you little to no basis for your argument. It's ironic that you walk around saying that Link is better, so I go out and prove it wrong. Then I'm criticized for defeating "random" Links. I guess I can take that as a compliment that I'm not just a "random" Young Link. I made a large post about this very situation in another thread, so I'll just paraphrase: I've noticed that Link mains who pick up Young Link do not play him correctly. No matter how hard they try to restrain themselves, they end up applying Link tactics to Young Link which simply does not work. Young Link has his own set of physics, so he is played very differently. It is for these reasons that I do not play Link anymore. I subconsciously try to play him as Young Link, and that just does not work. The bottom line is that I consider myself to be someone who plays Young Link more "correctly" than others who try to play him, and by doing so, I defeat most Links I come up against.

Cort

Apple Head
lol tier list?

Who cares if you can beat MasterLink3465635345 and SupaLink0rz949x and xxDaRkLiNkxX9 with your young link.

Link is better as a character.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
lol Caveman?

Who cares if Link is #1 and Young Link is #26?

Young Link wins bigger tournaments. ^_^

Cort

Apple Head
If you could cite a tournament where Caveman went all Young Link and name everyone he beat using just him, I'd love to know.

Neither one of them have much potential for winning tournaments. Hell, DK is lower than them on the tier list and BUM still beats REALLY ****ING GOOD PEOPLE all the time in tourny.

Brookman

Smash Hero
LOL tier list indeed. Buzz what your saying is totally empirical AND THEREFORE DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOUNG LINK IS A BETTER CHARACTER THAN LINK. PC Chris always beats my Link with young link...WAH

Chip.

you know what to do
All right, people let's clear something' up.....

Wow, I don't believe this thread/debate. I posted at like 8:30 and I was tired and it seems like people added 5 more pages since then :confused: sheesh. Aesir, your an idiot, all you do is break up other people's posts and bash on their opinions and spam at them trying to prove that "Link is better!". So I guess I'll do the same ^_^. You undoubtedly just DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. I know I was tired last night and wasn't thinking and shouln't of posted, but quite frankly I just know more than you do in this debate of "who's better?"

LOL I'm baised? I say link sucks every second of the day because he does. LOL
Moreso than Young Link. I can infer that since your DEFENDING such bad charachter and saying he's better than Young Link, that you suck at smash. Your just contradicting yourself to what you've been debating this whole time so you really don't make any sense, that was a bad move to make, on your part, in this debate................XD.

Yes they are.
Wow! now that's reasoning at it's worst.

You just lost all creditbility, Not only can't you be more wrong but your reasoning is laughable.
Again, I was seriously tired and I just didn't feel like arguing at the time so I just pointed one, bland advantage out so I wasn't making a big deal out've anything and I didn't think YOU would take it so seriously as to make this into a HUGE debate, but I guess that's all your good at. And if you think that Link does better than Young Link against Sheik, then your utterly making up some dumb ****. I mean, your sig says it for itself, you have a solid hatred for Sheik because not only is she a good charachter, but I'm assuming you concluded this from Link being ***** up the butt by her. Don't deny it. Ask any good Young Link player, Sheik does well against Young Link, but isn't an uber critical matchup in the least bit.

Clearly You've never faced a good fox.
Clearly, you haven't either LOL. Fox can kill Link fast and combo Link FAR better than he can with Young Link, plain and simple. He has usmash which is a pretty good finisher on Young Link, but is as well as with Link. Link just has an annoying time with this matchup and will most likely lose.

*coughWaveshinecoughcough*

And yes, I've faced quite a few good Foxes before^_^.

what ****ty falcos are you playing?
Young Link does good both far and close range. And Link does good close range.... not nearly as well far away. Who do you think would probably do better in this fight? Young Link of course, he has better distance game and has more than an effiecient close-up game. Link just doesn't have nearly as good distance game from far away and with SH blaster spaming it'll be really hard for him to get close and get any good combos in with some of his few good physicals.

"ZOMG! Link will do SOOOOO much better because he has..RANGE"-Save it anyone, range with projectiles means didely in matches and physical range wont prove useful in this match either.

Young Link's projectiles have good "stun" in which Link doesn't have much with his projectiles; This will be discussed later on in this post.

Marth molests Y.link.
You really have no skill whatsoever.

this is extremely wrong, if the Young Link doesn't play smart, doesn't watch what their doing, doesn't play defensive, doesn't combo well, doesn't kill Marth with good finishing combos, or doesn't bother to input good mindgames then yeah, Aesir, you might for once be right there. Young Link does pretty decent in the matchup, considering that the only thing to account for that Link has is that he's heavier and has more range with his sword.

Not anymore, I've just lost all respect for you and your idiocy and constant spaming.

In my experience link vs cf is even it all comes down to who knows the match up better. however Link definatey does better then y.link.
Again, Aesir, your just saying "Link is better than Young Link" without backup, which is something your terrible at. Perhaps this matchup is even though and yes it does depend on how well you know the matchup.

Aesir, do you even use Young Link? Even a little bit? If not, then how do just assume that "Link does better-NO MATTA WHAT!"

ylink probably does better in that match up, I know chu uses ylink for it cause he's strange.
Strange? LOL, NOW that's laughable reasoning right there!!!!! it's because Young Link is better in his opinion too ^_^ and I'm sure that Chu Dat knows more about these charachter matchups far better than whatever garbage your spewing.
Code:
if you're talking about pros like caveman thats because its caveman. you don't see roy fans saying roy is better because of neo....oh wait.
There are lots of people who are also good with Young Link my friend: Wak, Chu Dat, Hero Sublime, Aniki, Buzz and Laijin are to name a few.

Which is better? having long combos that hardly kill? or having small combos that can kill. Man I've been playing this game all wrong I thought we were suppose to be winning not losing ****.
Not so, and your completely wrong again Aesir, Young Link's combos rack up damage faster than Link's and due to his overall agility, he can get them in faster as well. Link can't combo diddley with his projectiles, so it's harder for him to actually get in and combo. Young Link can do both on the other hand, distance and close, and can mix them both up as well. Young Link's projectiles add "combo stun" to your opponents that Link doesn't have.

Young Link's point blank boomerang can do 19%-Link's 16%
Young Link's bombs do 12% damage, hit multiple times, and have a VERY long stun that you can combo an arial into such as the Bomb Plant combo-Link's wimpy 9% bombs can't do this with their very short stun and they only hit the opponent at two-points.
Young Link's fire bow acts more practical for battle because of IT'S small stun (combo-arrow->dash attack)-Link's bow just sucks. period.

As for Young Link's KO potential, it's still pretty high and hardly lower than Link's. Young Link has a pleuthra of killing moves that range from simple d-smash ko's, to proj. combos like Bomb Plant. Link has good killing 'techniques', but not as many, but still has the solid upB for really good killing.

Man I've been playing this game all wrong I thought we were suppose to be winning not losing ****
No, you prolly lose still all the time going off of your posts..

its been proven link does over all better then y.link does. gg sirs gg.
Proven? how? Please do explain..

Aiser isn't trying to say that YOU, or anyone else specifically, would be better if they used link. The fact that you suck at this game is completely beside the point. Someone saying that link or ylink is better than the other based upon their experience is arbitrary THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT LINK IS A BETTER CHARACTER, OVER-ALL, nothing more, nothing less. I don't really understand how anyone could try to dispute that statement.
Because it's NOT true lol.

LOL tier list indeed. Buzz what your saying is totally empirical AND THEREFORE DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOUNG LINK IS A BETTER CHARACTER THAN LINK. PC Chris always beats my Link with young link...WAH
I hate link, and I play Y. Link for his maneuverability as well. Though only in low tier tournaments of course. I do play him pretty frequently though. Anyway, it doesn't really matter if random like players despise your young link, link is better over-all than his smaller counter part, link and young link both have similar strengths vs floaty characters like peach/marth/samus etc. I don't think either are unplayable at all, or bad for that matter. I'm just saying, Link IS BETTER AS A CHARACTER.
Quite repeating the same thing over and over, no one cares

Opinion, opinion, opinion. Young Link guys, don't listen to this inane reasonings because quite frankly, there is too little of backup behind most of their posts.

I could keep listening to your nonsensical logic, but quite frankly you just don't really know what your talking about 100%, Aeisir. You just make a biased opinion and expect everyone to follow your crucial ideal that Link's better? Your just low dude, you haven't nearly cut Young Link enough credit as have the numerous number of Link favs in this discussion (Isn't it odd how after Aesir posted here, that a lot of Link supporters 'suddenly' came to this thread? It's almost like they were summoned to do so...)

Anyway I would just like to proclaim to Aesir and other biased/some-what biased Link fans that:

We, on behalf of the Young Link boards, honestly don't care all that much for these types of posts and opinions.

most of your points have no logic at all.

Young Link is better than Link.-IMO

And to any of you Link fanboys who just say Link is far superior to Young Lnk and that Young Link is garbage, your just dumb. So get a life, and get lost on these threads.

Aesir, you just have too much pride up your *** and you never know when to just listen to other people's opinions and points where you might be wrong and shut up. Your like NJzFinest trying to prove his points, except most of the time he is right whenever he makes debating remarks.

Also, as a heads up for any of ya', the tier list is based on overall production of that particular charachter has done in tournies with not because of the advantages or potential they see in the charachter, or so this is the accurate information I've dug up. Just because Link is higher on the tier list, DOESN'T mean he's better than Young Link is, it means people like him better (who doesn't? He's from the Zelda games and everyone loves adult Link for some reason ^_^). You can interpret this message as "Well, with that reasoning, that means that MORE people are good with him because he's better." Or if you were an intelligent person "All right, I guess people like Link so much that they have all just decided to ATTEMPT to get good with him and quite a lot have with this many". The boards are a perfect example of this; look at the reigning 15,000 posts over on the Link threads compared to the mere 5,000'ish posts on the Young Link threads. People just like Link as a person more than a charachter, that is all.

This discussion can go on forever, but the fact is that you Link supporters haven't mentioned diddely about discussing REALLY specific areas that make Link better in his matchups. The fact is that they both excell quite evenly in their charachter matchups, but I prefer Young Link's fighting strategy over Link's. I use both charachters, so I would know, and it's not that I like Young Link more than Link (Sweet Jesus, they're the same friggin' person!), it's just that Young Link is better charachter for his reasons, as is Link for his own, but I find more advantages and potential when fighting with Young Link.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Ouch. Sorry, Chip, but Aesir has you on a couple points. Your inexperience precedes you. Marth and Falco both annihilate Young Link. Anyone who suggests otherwise really has not played skilled opponents for those respective characters. It is natural to assume that Young Link would have a huge advantage over Marth since Marth has no projectiles. Heck, even I had that belief back in the day. However, when Marth plays aggressively and doesn't give Young Link time to breathe (aka pull out projectiles), there really isn't much Young Link can do. As for Falco, I've really given up on trying to beat him as Young Link. Falco's lasers and mobility make him so deadly that it's ridiculous.

Top Bottom