• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are you a Smasher?

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
at first i played just for fun
but now i play to prove that the game is not about tier list , tournoments , and techniques or exploiting gliches to be beter than everyone,
smash is about geting together with friends and haveing fun beating up nintendo characters and at the end of the day isnt that what the game really made for yes it is

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
at first i played just for fun
but now i play to prove that the game is not about tier list , tournoments , and techniques or exploiting gliches to be beter than everyone,
smash is about geting together with friends and haveing fun beating up nintendo characters and at the end of the day isnt that what the game really made for yes it is
So, your playing Brawl then?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I play smash because it's F***ing awesome!

In a side note:
First post in like half a year, and will probably be the same in half a year more from now...
It'd be cool to have a Battlefield 3 thread around here, so I wouldn't have to go to another forum jost for that. >_>

Noxie

Smash Rookie
I started playing smash because it was fun. I quit for a very long time but always kept up with the scene as I moved throughout games.

I have recently started playing at more of a competitive level again. The game is truly different, and the amount of friends I have made from it is anything BUT anti-social.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
SSBM got me interested in gaming because it was fun. I might not have started playing great games like Metroid, or Fire Emblem if I had never played as Samus and Roy in SSBM.
SSBM also has so much depth that I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I ply it, because I'm extremely bored, and I only end up playing it for a few rounds. The game actually doesn't do much for me anymore.

Actually, most videogames don't do it for me anymore. Except Pokemon 8D

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Because I am Nintendo's loyal dog and I will wait an eternity for their big franchise games while everyone else pew pews on high definition televisions everyday.

Mischief_Maker92

Smash Cadet
I've been hooked on the Smash games since I saw the commercial for Super Smash Bros for N64. A game where all my favorite Nintendo characters fought each other was something I had to play! The reason I still play them is because they are so much fun! I love playing multiplayer with my friends, whether it's local or online multiplayer.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still can't tell the difference between High def and not

Zumakito

Smash Rookie
I usually have my in and outs with the game. There are times when I don't play it for months and times like right now that I like to play it a lot (probably because of Project M).

But that didn't really answer the question... I play Super Smash 'cause it's such an awesome game! Although it does form a pile of salt on my heart every now and then.

Other reasons are:

- Grew up with the game (I mean c'mon)
- Friends play also
- Nintendo fighting game? You already know it's a good game!

EDIT:
Because I am Nintendo's loyal dog and I will wait an eternity for their big franchise games while everyone else pew pews on high definition televisions everyday.
That too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm a Smasher because my siblings and I used to decide who would do the chores based on who lost the most rounds on Smash 64. It continued into Melee, and when I started winning all the time, I decided it was time for Smash to stop being just a game and to start being a way of life. :laugh:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm a Smasher because my siblings and I used to decide who would do the chores based on who lost the most rounds on Smash 64. It continued into Melee, and when I started winning all the time, I decided it was time for Smash to stop being just a game and to start being a way of life. :laugh:
lol, nice story

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I enjoy the game itself a lot and the community is a lot more pleasant to be around than quite a few other competitive games I've tried in the past. I have always been a big Nintendo fan so it just makes sense to play Smash all the time.

Also, a couple of my old friends were already a part of the local Smash scene, so that contributed to my interest as well...

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I played melee cuz it was fun, and I liked all tech skill stuff.
I play brawl cuz its easy and nobody play melee anymore.

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i love the game, love the characters, and i hate losing

so i got better

and better and better.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The game is fun. The people are, in most cases, awesome. It's a great community to be a part of!

R0B0T

Smash Rookie
I still play Smash Bros. mostly because of the online play. It can get boring fighting a bunch of level 9 Computer players, but the online mode keeps it interesting. Also, I've played Smash Bros. games ever since Smash 64. I came to enjoy the series.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
My reasons for playing Melee have changed over time, the only constant being that I love the game.

Before I played competitively, I was the best in my circle of friends, and the respect I got from them was a nice ego boost. When I saw videos of actual tourney players, I immediately realized I was bad; I felt that I had a reputation for being good that I had to preserve and immediately went about trying to fix this. So really, I was more driven by my own insecurity and ego at that point. When I actually started going to tourneys a little over a year after that time, I was constantly frustrated by my performance and would routinely lose sleep over how badly I'd lose to some people; I kept telling myself I would quit, but I liked the game too much to stop, so I instead put a ton of effort into improving.

After a couple more years, I became a more well-adjusted person in general and played more for the challenge and satisfaction that come with playing and improving at a great game.

Sully

Smash Cadet
My cousin got me into playing Melee, and I got addicted to it and later got Brawl. Then I convinced my friend to get Brawl with me and we became best friends. Even now, we still talk about all the funny things that we do in our matches :p

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
In today's highly judgmental society, which looks down on so many activities it deems abnormal or antisocial (including Smash), gamers receive a lot of flak from the media. They are shown as troubled addicts, living zombies, hopeless nerds, and *gasp* SCHOOL SHOOTERS EVEN (Columbine, anyone)?
Discuss.
My sister goes on GameFAQS every now and then (for Kingdom Hearts), and she keeps talking about how gamers aren't all nerdy, weird and antisocial pigs as Disney Channel makes it appear. I told her she shouldn't let Disney form her opinions. >.>
She didn't even wanna go to a Youth Group lazer tag game because she "would be a nerd"
ugh =/

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Something about the game speaks to me.

I like to think it's because of the freedom the game provides.

Why am I still a smasher? Dunno. I should be doing other things.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Why am I a Smasher? I'm a Smasher because Smash is addicting and a great way to chill with friends. Been a Smasher since 1999 and have had great times along the way.

TennisTyrant

Smash Rookie
I'm a smasher because there's no other game that takes characters from Nintendo games and makes them fight. It's like the Nintendo fan's dream.
That and the fact that Super Smash Bros. was the very first game I played when I was a kid so I can't necessairly stop playing the series.....EVER. :)

Jet300

Smash Ace
I'm a smasher because: It's fun, I got it for my birthday, and I like the series.

TheRaven

Smash Rookie
Another thing I really love is the vibrant community. Certain games have absolutely horrendous communities (League of Legends is one example...). Smash is full of interesting faces.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Another thing I really love is the vibrant community. Certain games have absolutely horrendous communities (League of Legends is one example...). Smash is full of interesting faces.
Well, they are listed in the top 20 worst gaming communities

ThaRealSKWEEZY

Smash Cadet
Id say im a smasher cuz of a lil mantra i like 2 live by wich is u only live once so live it up homey kno wat im sayin

if ppl wana step up u dont gotta anser h8 with h8 but u gotta defend yoself and yo own u kno. So if sum dude is up in yo grill u gotta step up an u gotta just smash his face homeys its ugly but it gotta be dun.

I think u guys seem like ballas that can undastand the plite of a guy like me with mad scrilla and a family 2 protect but sadly the judg didnt agree but thats how it goes i gess, just wish he wudda let me explain i never tuched that cop until AFTER he made me mad u kno

Top Bottom