• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are level 9 cpu's impossible to beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
No one's ever beaten a lvl 9. When people get beaten by a lvl 9, they feel insecure about themselves, because they've read that they're easy to beat, and so they post on Smashboards about how easey they are and how regularly they 3 stock them, making other people insecure about themselves etc.

Basically lvl 9's are impossible to beat. That's right, you just can't do it. They have frame perfect reactions, they think 10-15 moves ahead, analyze combos and patternes so they know exactly how to DI and so on. Truly excellent players can maybe take a few stocks off them, but they can't beat them because nobody can.

ps. try again, they're easy as hell
Delicious old copypasta

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Today I lost so bad to lv.9 ICs with ganon. i was down a stock and finally sent them pretty high off the side of FD. I don't remember how but as they were falling I was off the stage as well but just directly left to it so I Gerudo'd for the stage, when suddenly i was intercepted by ice blocks, caught me off guard and died.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
I really don't mean to boast, but I get pissed off when I don't 3 stock a CPU. Once you start getting more experience, you should do fine. Hell, I can three stock some human players easier than I can a level 9 CPU >_>. Don't feel bad, they are challenging and do have some superhuman reactions.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
In my experience, lv 9 computers are pretty dang hard at first. But if you've played a game like Megaman, you'll know that computers will become predictable after you play against them enough. I had a challenge when I first fought a lv 9 on Brawl, but after 4-5 rounds, I was winning because I had a good idea of what they'd do before they did it, so I could predict their moves and counter correctly. Just play them enough and you should begin to see patterns.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
☠
I really don't mean to boast, but I get pissed off when I don't 3 stock a CPU. Once you start getting more experience, you should do fine. Hell, I can three stock some human players easier than I can a level 9 CPU >_>. Don't feel bad, they are challenging and do have some superhuman reactions.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
I regularly 3stock every CPU nearly every time. They don't like to avoid my turnips lmao

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Level 9's are like cherry pies, Mewtwo in the 1st generation Pokémon games, & sexual innuendos-nothing can defeat them. Ever. Level 9's are utterly impossible to defeat. They know how to move. They know how to jump. They know the attacks.

On top of that, they know how to fast fall. They know how to fire back with unpredictable fast attacks like Ike's fSmash. And most importantly they know how to SD...a lot!!! :laugh:

Seriously though, they're easy-you just gotta get used to the game. Look at written & visual guides (aka smashboards & youtube guides for beginners), play the game more, get a "feel" for the game & characters, & soon you'll come around to being able to beat computers easily like most everyone else. ;) :p :grin:

What's funny is that level 7 computers are the hardest. I was joshing around with Ganon-nerf'd against a Falco once & it chaingrabbed me & nearly successfully spiked me (airdodge for the save). I was like o_____O & everything. Considering how weak smash AI tends to be, I was shocked. Once I stopped sandbagging though, they were still easy. I didn't know everyone but me already knew that then, lmao... >_>

SZ2K

Smash Rookie
One time a level 9 beat me in the punching bag screen before an online match.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
And all they do is dodgeroll past you to avoid getting hit, and jump away at a 90* angle. And they always run into stuff like Peach's upB off the ledge.

PFANT

Smash Cadet
Who says I'm being sarcastic. If I didnt play B+, i'd load up that replay of M2K getting spiked through the middle of FD.

I tried to MM a Level 9 CPU too. I stuck a credit card into my disc drive and played teh CPU. After I lost, I checked my bank account and there was a withdrawl statement for thirteen dollars and thirty seven cents.

I found my card in my wallet after I opened it up too.
yo that s*** was mad funny.

you just have to learn how to exploit them, which is why they are not a good source of training.

one time I played a level 9 lucario and it meteor teched my gannons down air then edgegaurded me, i was pissed..... true story too.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
CPUs have a terrible offstage game. They also never DI, so they die early. That's why they are so easy to beat.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Level 9s in Brawl are not too difficult, just remember a few things:
1. Watch the shield grab...god I hate the shield grab

2. You MUST abuse your characters strength and their characters weakness. (I play as Marth, so in most all cases I take advantage of the little extra range Marth has to limit the cpu's ability to hit me while I can still hit it)

3. The difficulty ranges depending on the character. Space Animals, Luigi, Meta Knight, and Link are some of the better AI for some reason. Bowser is pretty awful, on the other hand.

4. As a CPU, they can do things not humanly possible, but also do not use human reason.
The CPU can press buttons at the speed of light. This can be bad for you, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. An example would be Meta Knights Side-Tilt attack, which is a three hit combo. The CPU can execute all three attacks faster than any person could. This can give them a slight vulnerability advantage if they miss, but nothing serious. On the other hand, I've fought an Olimar CPU on more than one occasion who uses 0 or 1 Pikmin. Why? I don't know, but I never realized how dangerous Olimar could be without any Pikmin.

5. They don't make mistakes...well, not many at all. Just cross your fingers for a trip every now and then so you can really make them pay :p.

6. Oh, and if you plan on doing a lot of lvl 9 fighting? Stay on your toes and prepare to have tired fingers after a while, because they'll keep you busy...

I'd love to hear when you finally get consistent wins on level 9 opponents. It's a landmark step in any Smashers career!

Happy Brawling!
~BadAxel97

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
play as snake and dthrow them. they almost always roll behind you or if they're near and edge they will roll towards it. Just regrab them every time. Oh and be ready to air dodge against pikachus because when your offstage they'll spam thunder like theres no tomorrow.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
They are hard because when i jumped off stage to try and gimp Luigi, i got shoryukened instead.

They are easy because Fox recovers away from the stage all 3 times.

Nanahara

Smash Rookie
I have not fought against many LVL 9 Computers, but facing them alone is pretty easy, or at least
I think that it is not THAT challenging.
Nevertheless, Brawling with LVL 4 Computers ["Normal"] is incredibly hard for me.
I always have the feeling that they all gang up on me. 3 against 1 is no fair :(

ZeSmasher

Smash Rookie
Pick a character with a good spike attack. CPU:s are horrible offstage players...
(Well, sometimes not, sometimes they are just magical:C)

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
1) plank with mk or just spam nado. 2) dont do anything 3) get some spikes 4) snake dthrow 5) dont try
quirte simple. they dont use much aerials.

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure the whole level 9s are impossible thing is a joke, so it's pretty pointless that heaps of people are posting saying they're easy once you get used to it etc. lol.

But some of those people who didn't get it that were saying it was easy, actually said they use level 9s to train...if they're talking about training for tournaments, if anything that'd make them worse....

coen4

Smash Rookie
I've spent over 7 hours today trying to beat one, yet never succeeding. Wtf, man, what causes this? What are your experiences with level 9's?
lv 9's are fair easy lol and im 12 aswell =P any wayz youve gotta combo and just asking who do u play as like whos ur main??

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
LVL 9's are SO bad you can win with ROB vs a lvl 9 wario in about 30 seconds (stand at ledge->grab(he just walks into it)->backthrow-> Dair -> times 3 and you WIN

yes, they are that terrible

also, CPU's will ALWAYS use their double jump off the edge so if you throw them off, just stay abit higher and smack them while they jump

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
You know how the AI picks up on what you do and uses it against you?

somehow I got SH Knee'd in a CF ditto when I can't pull them off at all.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
CPUs are way too good. Once a cpu falcon read my roll, then he turned around and short hopped. He waited for a spotdodge then kneed me. Afterwards he ran away and taunted "Show me your moves".
CPUs always do the same, so why should they be hard to beat?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Lv9 CPUs have impossibly good reflexes (perfect shielding every attack, grabbing out of shields perfectly...) but they are FAR from impossible. They are very easy to keep airbound with attacks, chaingrab with characters who don't even have true chaingrabs (like Pit), and are very easy to edge guard...no where near as challenging as a human player can be.

swordslad12

Smash Cadet
lv 9s are hard but not hard enuf for most players to not win against.....seriously, u can win with jigglypuff against any lv9 character -.-

debuall

Smash Rookie
Lool

lvl 9s r sooo easy the only ones that are hard are fox and luigi.
you shud be able to beat them without edgeguarding and crap tactics like kirbycide.
i use olimar falco or DK and i win every match, usually only one cpu wins against me but thats very rare. im sure lots of people here at SWF know wat im talkin about because on melee i used mario and i beat lvl 9s every time, even when i was 9 years old.
try not to let them hit you once because they arent human controlled they cant think for themselves but they also cant be tricked with mindgames. BUT dont think theyre very easy because every time u atack, the wii reads this, so the cpu reads this aswell, which is how they dodge every attack ffs!!! so uve got to combo or 'chain attack' them till youre 3 stocking lvl9s everyday

.Marik

is a social misfit
This thread should be deleted from the existance of the Internet.

=[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom