• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Pythag don’t take my comment at face value of you as a player by the way, i think this game was a travesty on most of town but going into LYLO with you was basically the worst possible situation. I don’t think that if you in most games so hope you know that

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You’re refusal to ever take hard stances is always your downfall. Forcing issues with people is inherently town
I mean, I saw that, but literally I couldn't find anything to take a hard stance.

I thought fanny was scummy early, I reread and didn't find anything. Would you rather I had not voiced it to begin with, or dig in with nothing supporting it?
The only thing I found fishy was your voting against your ran, and that blew up in my face

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fwiw Fan when you didn’t hammer I legit thought it could be Marshy but with Pythag playing the way he was I’d rather lose to scum like Marshy playing well then potential scum Pythag who played like the worst possible game of mafia possible
I didn't have meta for Pythag and I was too lazy to read the game Gorf mentioned, so the only real thing I had against Marshy was the Gorf nightkill, but that was the only thing I had against him versus Pythag as I was doing my re-read.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I mean, I saw that, but literally I couldn't find anything to take a hard stance.

I thought fanny was scummy early, I reread and didn't find anything. Would you rather I had not voiced it to begin with, or dig in with nothing supporting it?
The only thing I found fishy was your voting against your ran, and that blew up in my face
Understandable, I was serious when I said on d3 I didn’t have a single town read. Town played that whole game poorly myself included outside of shooting Ryker and being on Soup I did a whole lotta nothing

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think playing like a giant pile of AtE is weenie ****, I think the modkill was weenie ****. This game was super weenie hut junior and half the town giving up and just trying to survive or saying just kill me made the game lame AF
Just lynch it please, Christ. I always wanted DGames to cull that ****.

Modkill needed to happen. NOBODY was gonna ever lynch Lore after that.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don’t think his post was particularly influential and given the fact that Soups super influencing post was allowed without mods giving words about it I don’t fault him for being pissed. It’s a poor mod decision to allow the soup post but I get the modkill. Doesn’t change my mind in the weenie ****

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I feel like I deserve dice for this game but that could be my avatar talking.

speaking of which when I was looking for a Simon picture I could not for the life of me find where your avatar was from #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker its pretty legit though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That, I agree with. It was bungled all around, but Lore definitely can't go "I know this is breaking the rules and I don't care" then expect not to be modkilled, regardless of the situation.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That, I agree with. It was bungled all around, but Lore definitely can't go "I know this is breaking the rules and I don't care" then expect not to be modkilled, regardless of the situation.
Agreed, that’s on the mods for allowing the original post but not much you can do. They allowed an extremely influential post with no public awareness which influenced an emotional response that got someone killed. Pretty big **** up lol.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
In retrospect I should have had soup edited his post.

Fandangox Fandangox i can only add a certain number of people to a convo, but people with premium can add more for some reason. Once a person with premium that’s in the dead pm is online the end game players will be added to the pm.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ayy it is what it is though. Lemme know when we do the next reunion game in 2025 and just give me a vig role with infinite bullets

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
In retrospect I should have had soup edited his post.

Fandangox Fandangox i can only add a certain number of people to a convo, but people with premium can add more for some reason. Once a person with premium that’s in the dead pm is online the end game players will be added to the pm.
You should have just had the obligatory “go town/scum” as soon as you allow more you open up those possibilities. All good live and learn

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Still in my Weenie Hut Jr list for a while but don’t worry plenty of people are there, and they’ve made it out and they’re much better people for it

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I can't fault town for this as I didn't do **** to help in the end anyway. Good shot on Ryker though, Kev. I do think Lore shouldn't have posted in the night even though he disagreed with Soup posting, he should have just messaged the mod privately like normal. Don't think Soup needed to post there anyway, but whatever. My playstyle was fun to play with though, but then I got distracted by other things too.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would have won this whole game for us but Tom had doubts that I was 65,000,000% town which clouded my perfect Mafia intellect with sadness since he died before he could see the error of his ways. Hate to see it.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i think town should hav been more dynamic. that day where me n ryker just sat on soup while everyone else chilled til frozen came in was bad. killed my interest in playing another one atm tbh

there were some glimpses of good play tho. kary had 2/3 of the team, lore had good instincts at times, tom had good reads, then ranmaru had the team before he died, kevin went 2/3, so yeah

ryker n i did a few calls this game for strategy which was fun

was fun chillin with the homies again yall

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I can't fault town for this as I didn't do **** to help in the end anyway. Good shot on Ryker though, Kev. I do think Lore shouldn't have posted in the night even though he disagreed with Soup posting, he should have just messaged the mod privately like normal. Don't think Soup needed to post there anyway, but whatever. My playstyle was fun to play with though, but then I got distracted by other things too.
If you have time would you mind adding Kev, Fand, Pythag, and marshy to the dead chat?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
i think town should hav been more dynamic. that day where me n ryker just sat on soup while everyone else chilled til frozen came in was bad. killed my interest in playing another one atm tbh

there were some glimpses of good play tho. kary had 2/3 of the team, lore had good instincts at times, tom had good reads, then ranmaru had the team before he died, kevin went 2/3, so yeah

ryker n i did a few calls this game for strategy which was fun

was fun chillin with the homies again yall
Lack of activity outside of the end of day scrambles killed it, plus half of town played to not get lynched rather than swing a meaty justice crank around. Can’t play like your JV if you wanna sit at the varsity table.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
GG, guys.

Yeah exactly. That's my take at the time and it remains my take now, although with much less anger.

I broke the rules and was fine being modkilled. I thought it was a bit harsh and said as much in PMs, but I was going to accept it. I did have other complaints about the game rule enforcement and had thought about saying those post-game, but honestly in the end it doesn't matter on that part.

Then you guys saw how it went down from there, with the mod approval etc.

The fact that Soup's post was approved and unannounced was definitely a mess up, but I messed up too by posting at all. And two wrongs don't make a right. It's an unfortunate circumstance, and it's why I made my big thread about making rules for "bah" posts. I'll pm a relevant mod and get it unlocked soon.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lack of activity outside of the end of day scrambles killed it, plus half of town played to not get lynched rather than swing a meaty justice crank around. Can’t play like your JV if you wanna sit at the varsity table.
Lack of activity has been so ****ing frustrating in the last few games I've been in. I really hate it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
NO ONE WANTED TO DO ANYTHING UNTIL DEADLINE

It was fun, but if we're gonna play like that, please let's play 72 hour at most day phases.
Also this was the second game in a row where I had to ask people to either lynch or get off the ****ing pot. It was so frustrating to have people piddle fart around and refuse to lynch just because it wasn't deadline.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran I’ll have you know I specifically let the mods know in my night kill on Ryker that that shot was for you.
Thanks bro.

GG, guys.
I think the one thing I want you to try to work on is your tunneling. It would be better for you and I as town, to realize we are both town and unite instead of simply bickering further. I was trying to make you understand but you were too stubborn. I also think looking for contradictions is a mistake, and I've tried exactly that earlier on in my career and it doesn't find scum. Now you know that genuinely, I found your vote on soup concerning. I was wrong though, obviously, and I'm willing to admit that. Good playing with you again, though Lore.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Trying not to tunnel gets me to the problem of constantly re-evaluating, so this is a problem for me. I'm still working on it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Honestly we don't need that thread.

Mods dont allow any posts except "bah go town" or "bag go scum"

Players dont break rules or you're blacklisted

Dont break rules, under any circumstances. Dont break rules

Problems solved

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now all further Tom game mafia must have town roles with the name Towm. Vanilla Towmie.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Thanks bro.

I think the one thing I want you to try to work on is your tunneling. It would be better for you and I as town, to realize we are both town and unite instead of simply bickering further. I was trying to make you understand but you were too stubborn. I also think looking for contradictions is a mistake, and I've tried exactly that earlier on in my career and it doesn't find scum. Now you know that genuinely, I found your vote on soup concerning. I was wrong though, obviously, and I'm willing to admit that. Good playing with you again, though Lore.
Good playing with you again, but I pretty firmly disagree on contradictions not finding scum. It was a pretty huge part of why I was so into Soup D2.

And to be fair, the contradictions from you were from you completely missing content, misrepresenting the content that you saw, then saying that you can't be expected to read the thread. It's hard not to read that as scummy as town. Your entire playstyle was scummy this game and inconsistent.

Completely agreed on the tunneling though. I think it's a consequence of me being too active and bouncing back and forth with the only other active people at each time, creating huge conversations that clog the thread and make me hyper focus. I'll work on it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Honestly we don't need that thread.

Mods dont allow any posts except "bah go town" or "bag go scum"

Players dont break rules or you're blacklisted

Dont break rules, under any circumstances. Dont break rules

Problems solved
Yeah but none of that is in the rules lol. That's the point of the thread. All we have is tradition, which led to the issue in this game.

Blacklisting is harsh though, come on. DGames is better than that nowadays.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My playstyle was null. Maybe me posting much less was harder to read, sure. I will certainly try not fall too behind with that playstyle, and be in the forefront like Kary. I had no contradictions. The only thing you had was that I didn't explain my reasoning EOD. That, was a fault of me keeping my cards close to my chest and pivoting and having to explain afterwards. Nothing I said was a lie, since I was town. Then you were confusing the time line of my posts.

I'm glad you agreed about tunneling though.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Two of the mega homies were scum and appealed directly to my homie-sympathy meter. I never had a chance in a reunion game tbh

Top Bottom