• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also purposely didn't interact with people and asked no questions to see who would interact with me, based on advice given to me. Now you guys know why I was barely doing anything. I just need a clearer focus.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
there were some glimpses of good play tho. kary had 2/3 of the team, lore had good instincts at times, tom had good reads, then ranmaru had the team before he died, kevin went 2/3, so yeah
This reminds me of something I need to explain lol.

My early hypothetical was intentionally done with the Vig-framing so that if we got later in the game and Scum was PR-hunting, they might think I'm the vig (assuming we had one) and take a shot.

Then when it became clear that people were still going to be on me D3, I crumbed directly to you since you were low key high on my scum list, hoping you'd take a shot and clear me since I was Tough Bodyguard.

Shame the rest happened, but it's in the past.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My playstyle was null. Maybe me posting much less was harder to read, sure. I will certainly try not fall too behind with that playstyle, and be in the forefront like Kary. I had no contradictions. The only thing you had was that I didn't explain my reasoning EOD. That, was a fault of me keeping my cards close to my chest and pivoting and having to explain afterwards. Nothing I said was a lie, since I was town. Then you were confusing the time line of my posts.

I'm glad you agreed about tunneling though.
Let's agree to disagree and call it here lol. I still had fun regardless.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. I was on mobile a striking amount this game. which I don't know about all y'all but it makes it way harder to absorb information that way. /johns

I don't get what the secret process is about reads, but I managed to do it wrong every time

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This reminds me of something I need to explain lol.

My early hypothetical was intentionally done with the Vig-framing so that if we got later in the game and Scum was PR-hunting, they might think I'm the vig (assuming we had one) and take a shot.

Then when it became clear that people were still going to be on me D3, I crumbed directly to you since you were low key high on my scum list, hoping you'd take a shot and clear me since I was Tough Bodyguard.

Shame the rest happened, but it's in the past.
we were gonna clap you or tom the night you got modkilled. i hadnt picked up on the crumb

maaaan im taking this postgame in cuz idk when all of us will all b in a game again lol. <3

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
btw tom youre hard on yourself in the deadchat. that comment you made about how you were adjusting was right. you kept having these moments where you correctly townread ppl (like kevin, pythag, ranmaru, mayb more) at various points that scared us. we felt like you had high potential to unite the town and organize them which was your specialty back in the day

we killed you cuz we didnt want to deal with that

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lore Lore I will simply say I would not find contradictions credible if you feel a player has contradicted themselves yet they are town. As Tom said, you simply may have caught a townie making a mistake. I just think in the end you need to be able to sit down and tell yourself that you are wrong. You seem scummy overall yet I can still find the possibility that you are town, as town. You should too. :) I'll leave it at that.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
man

it would hav been so hilarious had we had lost that mylo after i ****ed us over by rbing gorf instead of kev like ryker wanted

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also wasn't doing much D2 because I thought Soup was town and Marshy was scum so I wanted to wait until D3 otherwise, I felt I had no real fuel to really push him. That did not go as I planned.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I don't get what the secret process is about reads, but I managed to do it wrong every time
In that case, just make your reads, flip 'em, and you'll hit scum lol. In all honesty, though, sorry for tunneling you. JeXs and I were on pretty much the same page (your play seemed too wishy-washy to be genuine) so I was a little overconfident on my read on you.

Well played Marshy, Ryker, & Soup! I caught on to none of you lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was good playing with all of you this game. I enjoyed my time. I might play some EIMM though, and that's probably it for now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Spak and Jex, I can understand your read on me. You were right that I would probably switch to other people and try to CFD, but I was opting to stay silent this time to see how it went. Marshy and Ryker were in the back of my mind.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I also purposely didn't interact with people and asked no questions to see who would interact with me, based on advice given to me. Now you guys know why I was barely doing anything. I just need a clearer focus.
i enjoyed your new approach. swag to see it got you better results in terms of reads. so if you play again you can adjust

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Good playing with you again, but I pretty firmly disagree on contradictions not finding scum. It was a pretty huge part of why I was so into Soup D2.

And to be fair, the contradictions from you were from you completely missing content, misrepresenting the content that you saw, then saying that you can't be expected to read the thread. It's hard not to read that as scummy as town. Your entire playstyle was scummy this game and inconsistent.

Completely agreed on the tunneling though. I think it's a consequence of me being too active and bouncing back and forth with the only other active people at each time, creating huge conversations that clog the thread and make me hyper focus. I'll work on it.
It finds scum, it also mislynches townies. Townies err, townies change their minds, townies are irrational.

Don't give it up, but it's also not ironclad.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
i enjoyed your new approach. swag to see it got you better results in terms of reads. so if you play again you can adjust
For sure. I think I would just want to be in the forefront like Kary was maybe. Glad you enjoyed it though.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It's pretty good. And it's not too long either, 27 episodes, basically divided into 3 story arcs.

wait, should I add 'changed his avatar to pander to me' to my scumdar list?
i saw you n ryker match so thought itd b fun. i also thought it was funny that ryker n i rolled scum together so wanted to go all in

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
For sure. I think I would just want to be in the forefront like Kary was maybe. Glad you enjoyed it though.
yeah. well now that youve gotten some results with this you fine tune it to the way you like to maximize results n engagement

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Any suggestions / critique on how to fine tune it, any way I could have played it better is much appreciated.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
we were gonna clap you or tom the night you got modkilled. i hadnt picked up on the crumb

maaaan im taking this postgame in cuz idk when all of us will all b in a game again lol. <3
Oof lol. I had the galaxy-brain Gorf-style pics saved for when I got shot, too. Sucks that you didn't pick up on the crumb.

Lore Lore I will simply say I would not find contradictions credible if you feel a player has contradicted themselves yet they are town. As Tom said, you simply may have caught a townie making a mistake. I just think in the end you need to be able to sit down and tell yourself that you are wrong. You seem scummy overall yet I can still find the possibility that you are town, as town. You should too. :) I'll leave it at that.
Ran you literally said that you shouldn't be expected to read the thread lol. Can we agree to disagree and move on like I asked, so we can stay chill?

It finds scum, it also mislynches townies. Townies err, townies change their minds, townies are irrational.

Don't give it up, but it's also not ironclad.
Fair, as seen with Ran. On the plus side Tom had basically talked me down from there a bit, and I think I would have focused Marshy instead D3.

I'd still see Ran as at least a bit iffy though so who knows how it would have went lol.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Man, after hardbussing Soup and playing with Marshy as my best friend for half the game, I've added another reason that Ran is going to use to scumread me every game we play forever.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran you literally said that you shouldn't be expected to read the thread lol. Can we agree to disagree and move on like I asked, so we can stay chill?
That's not what I literally said. You're forcing words again. I said I can't be expected to remember you were at a ball game. That, was a mistake, and I admitted to it afterwards. I genuinely forgot man. If you don't believe I forgot, I'll leave it at that, I'm fine with moving on. I'm not lying.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i really did want to see frozen and ryker fight each other. shame frozen got vigged before that could happen, woulda been hype

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man, after hardbussing Soup and playing with Marshy as my best friend for half the game, I've added another reason that Ran is going to use to scumread me every game we play forever.
Honestly, last game where you were town was just me seeing you play differently as opposed to our previous play. I'll try to keep that in mind. Yet, this game I gave you and Marshy a pass D1, and I will continue doing so. If I think you might be scum by D2 or D3 then can I really be blamed to think you might be scumming it up? I don't know.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was actually hoping to town it up with Frozen and seeing him dead demoralized me slightly. Honestly I did think his start was possibly townie but I didn't say that yet obviously. (I promise I'm not lying guys)

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
In that case, just make your reads, flip 'em, and you'll hit scum lol. In all honesty, though, sorry for tunneling you. JeXs and I were on pretty much the same page (your play seemed too wishy-washy to be genuine) so I was a little overconfident on my read on you.

Well played Marshy, Ryker, & Soup! I caught on to none of you lol.
It’s all good. I knew I was walking through as lynchbait.

Well played all.
Had Fanny not hammered I actually would’ve tried harder on marshy, but it was too little too late.

I did not want to just roll over however, so I tried my best to not do that

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That's not what I literally said. You're forcing words again. I said I can't be expected to remember you were at a ball game. That, was a mistake, and I admitted to it afterwards. I genuinely forgot man. If you don't believe I forgot, I'll leave it at that, I'm fine with moving on. I'm not lying.
I'm directly quoting you lmao. Let's move on already.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm directly quoting you lmao. Let's move on already.
Lore: I can't be expected to remember that you were out for a Ball game. That makes my point moot, agreed.
Direct quote. I admitted I was wrong. I never said I can't be expected to read here. If you are going to talk about a person's words, use a quote next time, please. It's also a bit annoying when you say I said something and you don't bring quotes, and then you decide not to read the context for some reason.

If I ever did say that I can't be expected to read in some other quote, bring it up, and I'll admit to being dumb and I should actually read the game better. Simple as that. But yeah, I think you should forever use quotes now to back up things you said, even now lmao.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good try Pythag, I was glad to see you looking at what I said about Ryker and Marshy. My bad for not saying enough, though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Man you can't quote posts all around me talking about being at a baseball game, use them as your "case" that I'm inactive while leaving out the ones that mention the game, then just say "I can't be expected to remember."

Can we move the **** on already? Jfc.

Top Bottom