• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Like if you feel like you need to "win" here before we move on, congrats! I give you the win.

I'm not continuing this discussion further after repeatedly asking for it to end.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man you can't quote posts all around me talking about being at a baseball game, use them as your "case" that I'm inactive while leaving out the ones that mention the game, then just say "I can't be expected to remember."

Can we move the **** on already? Jfc.
My point is you're misunderstanding me, and saying I said something I didn't, specifically. (Remember as opposed to read) (Which you call semantics) I am just saying, get your facts straight, that is all. [In no way do I mean this as an offense either] That was a problem you had in the early game with marshy as well. I was wrong, and I apologize for that. I still don't entirely think you get what I mean. I'm not saying I was right, in fact I was wrong and I shouldn't have used it as a case, but I did due to error. I'm not trying to *win*, I'm trying to make you understand. (That's generally how I always try to argue anyway, to make a person understand, not win) If you are still confused, you can just re-read our back and forth here. I'm sure you'll understand what I mean.

I'm fine with moving on. I still enjoyed our time. I just felt I had to really talk this out with you here.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
It’s all good. I knew I was walking through as lynchbait.

Well played all.
Had Fanny not hammered I actually would’ve tried harder on marshy, but it was too little too late.

I did not want to just roll over however, so I tried my best to not do that
Yeah sorry man, but when Kev was like "get me out of here" I was like "oh god I can finally be free"

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My point is you're misunderstanding me, and saying I said something I didn't, specifically. (Remember as opposed to read) (Which you call semantics) I am just saying, get your facts straight, that is all. [In no way do I mean this as an offense either] That was a problem you had in the early game with marshy as well. I was wrong, and I apologize for that. I still don't entirely think you get what I mean. I'm not saying I was right. I'm not trying to *win*, I'm trying to make you understand. If you are still confused, you can just re-read our back and forth here.

I'm fine with moving on.
BRB going to go bang my head against a wall

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Was it though? Lol

Yeah, I wish you had elaborated on your reads, because you were completely right. That would’ve helped immensely
My bad. I'm not sure what you could have done better, I wasn't reading too thoroughly at the end. I guess trying to have more hard stances like KevinM said works, voting people more, etc. Basically doing things that can show that you're town as town.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I also purposely didn't interact with people and asked no questions to see who would interact with me, based on advice given to me. Now you guys know why I was barely doing anything. I just need a clearer focus.
For sure. I think I would just want to be in the forefront like Kary was maybe. Glad you enjoyed it though.
I think the only problem with your play this game was that you got lynched. The more reserved playstyle makes it easier for people to paint you as scummy.

I think one thing that might have helped you here is if you posted a full reads list on day 2 or 3. I think in general that would give people a reason to townread you.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Any suggestions / critique on how to fine tune it, any way I could have played it better is much appreciated.
its a balancing act

you gotta develop dat sense of when to turn it on n swag on *******

vs knowing when to sit back n observe

example off the top of head is ryker. if you felt he was scum for not doing much outside of pushing soup (he seemed more "cast a wider net" as town in the last game) you couldve come in and done a push there to see what happened. not tunnel it forever and take over the thread, but a strong push that forced reactions. something like kary d1 here

so ya dawg

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Lore Yeah boi remember when I said I wouldn't use the ball game as a case? I lied mother****ers

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Marshy didn't use an FOS this game. Remember that folks.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Unvote; Vote: Mac for hard lurking and not talking

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
alright so game's over. Grats Marshy! You definitely earned it. Nobody really played bad (for the most part) but there's definitely a couple of pointers I personally have, from ex-player to players

I'll later on write up a megapost that's mostly related to stuff I said in the dead PM?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LORE WAS MODKILLED IN POST GAME

HE WAS SCUMMY MCSCUMMERTOWNPERSON

gg try again next time

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Last post. I'm going to play some Mario Maker 2 now homies.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Just want to say thank you for everyone playing and I hope you had a fun game! I love all of you for equal and different reasons.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My favorite part of watching this game was when GLG claimed he loved me the most.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also, if anyone wants to hear my thoughts on their slot / get feedback on their play, 'like' this post. Otherwise I'll leave it in the salt folder as per usual.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if people want my thoughts on play they can read the graveyard chat

shoutouts

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa thank you very much for hosting. I appreciate the two of you.

congratulations to #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup for winning. your strategies were effective and you deserve the win.

#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy thanks again for putting the momentum behind the summer game. you did well. im sure it wasnt fun for you to play down to the slow, confused town. but you played well and won. it was hard to deal with. <3 gg.

#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker you did well. you made this game very difficult. always a pleasure. gg.

#HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup you did well. im not a fan of how you played, and i've read what you said about playing how you were back then in a reunion game. taking you at your word i hope you find that you can play here and not be that way. gg.

KevinM KevinM you did good. we'll get 'em next time. youdabess. lets run it back. gg.

ranmaru ranmaru you did good. your resistance vs marshy made me townread you hard. you called out the scumteam. and your change in playstyle was an excellent example of when, how, and why to change it up. gg.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary you did good. very good. hope to play with you past d1 more. <3 gg.

Lore Lore breaking the rules really hurt your faction and i wish you hadn't done it. tough break with the modkill. i always scum-read you, because you are very combative over things that do not matter. you will improve in and out of game if you change that. see you in ffxiv. gg.

Pythag Pythag its always hard to be the lylo lynch. you're not as bad as it feels. next game lets both take some stands and stick it to 'em. gg.

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf wish i would have been more aggressive, i have a feeling you would have helped a lot. enjoy playing with you. gg.

Fandangox Fandangox thanks for being active and inquisitive. i appreciate your playstyle. gg.

Spak Spak JeXs JeXs good game, hope to see you both soon.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame i hard a hard time with the things you chose as important and so i began to scumread you. wonderful to play with you again tho. gg.

LETS PLAY AGAIN. I'm out of town Weds-Sat and then I'm game.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ggs all, had a lot of fun this game despite having to basically just play in short intense bursts cuz thats just how my schedule works these days

was sad af I got vigged but I understood why considering I was D3 lynchbait and frankly given the fact it setup a trade with Ryker it was prob worth

next game when?

Top Bottom