• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been very clear all day that I'm ok with both lynches

So while you seem to be correct you also seem to be mischaracterizing me
dont play coy man, anyone can SAY they want multiple lynches to signal consonance with prevailing group preference but when push comes to shove what you do with your vote under the gun can belie such posturing

your jump makes it sound like you were signalling for orange but really preferred another wagon and wanted to do what you could to tip the scales in that direction close to deadline. obviously it could also just be that you were truly ambivalent about the wagons and wanted to even them out and give each one you allegedly preferred a fighting chance. the way you went about it though came off to me as more likely to be the former than the latter hence my jab at you. I'm far from convinced this makes you scum but it pinged my radar, I wasn't going to just not comment on it

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
EBWOP: I didn't finish port of my response to Pythag in 1199 because I got sidetracked by another thing I thought of for the quote above it lol.

Yeah I think we're wagoning townies. Yeah, Lore's still a town lean in my book. But if it comes down to a possible PR that I'm reading as town, someone else who's a town lean, and a confirmed townie (from my PoV), I see no reason to just throw up my hands and ask for death.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unvote
Vote Lore

I would really rather get rid of one or the other of Soup or Lore at this point because if I have to deal with this **** tomorrow I'm going to lose my mind.

Town is asking for a loss with how centralized this game is around the two of them and not lynching one.

So frustrating how they've both played today.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
My problem isn't just early D1 stuff; I understand there being little evidence. It's more that every time you have a line of questioning, it doesn't last more than one or two posts. It's usually "What do you think of <insert_thing>?" and then they usually respond, and you don't have anything to say in response. You never seem to try and dig deeper in your lines of questioning, it's always surface level. It's not that you haven't had any interaction in-game on that point; you've actually done a lot more than some other slots as far as being in-thread and talking, but your questions are so easily satisfied that it looks like you're just trying to generate content rather than actually dig your heels in and look for scum.
Interesting.
I may not be digging deeper in the thread but part of it is I’m trying to ask questions that are walls for me. I can’t formulate or think unless I’m on the same page.
Once I get my answer I guess I treat it as “read” and move on. I didn’t think people wanted the “thank you for responding, no further questions.”

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unvote
Vote Lore

I would really rather get rid of one or the other of Soup or Lore at this point because if I have to deal with this **** tomorrow I'm going to lose my mind.

Town is asking for a loss with how centralized this game is around the two of them and not lynching one.

Isn't the whole point that Soup is going to Oracle me (although he's lying about being oracle) then he gets got tomorrow, solving us both?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Unvote
Vote Lore

It's frustrating how you've ****ing treated me. I don't even think I'm playing that bad, I'm just not playing in the way you want. None of the things I've said are unreasonable but it's like..a ****ing circlejerk in here.

Bless up Spak, you're a good man and I'll avenge you.

#HBC | ѕoup

Spend 31 pages and #1,206 posts talking about the same goddamn 3 people. Anytime I suggest an alternative you're all not interested. Yes I am mad.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Outside of me who are your other reads as scum?
Honestly, I think my biggest scumleans at the moment are you, Ran (I attributed his earlier action to him trying out the new playstyle, but I'm really bugged that we're not seeing eye to eye on pretty much anything, and his progression of voting late this phase seemed off), and I used to think Kary, but Kary's back to null right now (I've liked their pushes during late phase, there was really good post that someone made about proving that he was going back and re-reading to understand better (I can't find it at the moment and we're a little pressed for time), and he's looked like I remember Kary looking). I think that it's possible that one of the jokey or less active slots is also scum (so Kev (heaven forbid), FF, or Fanny). With that said, I've liked a lot of what FF has had to say, so he's probably at the towniest of the three (bar Kevin, who is obviously 100,000,000% town).

I'll check the Discord messages for who JeXs thinks is scum at this point.

#HBC | ѕoup

Isn't the whole point that Soup is going to Oracle me (although he's lying about being oracle) then he gets got tomorrow, solving us both?
I'm not oracling you. I've been ignored by the hivemind so they can kiss my ass. I'm oracling one of Kevin/Ryker/Tom, leaning on the first two.

#HBC | ѕoup

10 minutes till deadline btw

A CFD probably isn't happening

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
JeXs said that Lore was iffy (although later came to the conclusion that Lore was probably town because they wouldn't keep drawing attention to Pythag if they were scum buddies), didn't think Soup was scum, thought Pythag was scum (we both came to the some conclusion separately), said something felt off about FF (but couldn't pin exactly what). She also thought that the FF vote might be explained as a method of Pythag trying to distance themselves from FF (which I think is a pretty clever explanation, albeit with little solid evidence).

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
JeXs' final thoughts:

my thoughts are still: Pythag is scum, Ran is feeling off, I feel like he's trying to emulate his townplay, instead of it being genuine. there is no energy in it and the fact that he has been sitting on a soup/lore/us scum team the entire day is concerning. Ran might not have great reads all the time, even as town, but he will look into other avenues, a very scatter brained townie (i'm sure you saw that last game too)

I don't have a pick for the 3rd scum yet though

#HBC | ѕoup

Aye. I'm pretty sure you flip green as I suspected, you don't gain anything doing half of the things you've done EoD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
FF all I ask is that you reread the past 48 hours of posts to review the context of my vote

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
dont play coy man, anyone can SAY they want multiple lynches to signal consonance with prevailing group preference but when push comes to shove what you do with your vote under the gun can belie such posturing
Except the change of vote is the thing that pushes use TOWARD multiple choices instead of a single prevailing group preference.....

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote: OrangeXhtml
OrangeXhtml has been lynched! They are Tamera Mowry, Town Vanilla townie.

It is now night one. Night one ends at 8 Pm central 7/7, 24 hours from this post. There is no posting in thread during the night phase, but orangexhtml May make a bah post now if they would like.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for playing everybody; it was fun! Kill some scum for me and JeXs :p

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Kary, Bill Nye the science guy, Vanilla Townie, was killed night 1.

It is now day 2, with 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline is at 8 pm on Thursday

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So here’s the thing, I’m a firm believer that one of Soup/Lore has to die today and it should be soup for the oracle check....

But PLEASE let’s go through this game from a Kary read perspective first. No quick hammer today

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker I think Pythag looks the worst, and Frozen the Second worst on the wagon. Pythag for voting on only stating that FF's post was solid, and FF for voting in agreement with Marshy but at the same time, stating that my previous page of posts were 'bland' which I feel was not a fair assessment of my play there. I don't think Frozen and Pythag are aligned so I would think Pythag is more likely.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So here’s the thing, I’m a firm believer that one of Soup/Lore has to die today and it should be soup for the oracle check....

But PLEASE let’s go through this game from a Kary read perspective first. No quick hammer today
Kev advocating for no quickhammer. What parallel universe is this?

On a side note, I agree with the sentiment. I'm waiting for slots to show up at the moment.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
lookin forward to soup flippin scum then destroying whichever scum cited the claim to keep em alive

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not happy that Orange was town.
even less happy that Kary died.

I got some people I want to look at and now have the ability because I'm no longer V/LA and actually on a computer.
I'm going to be doing some re-reading now.

#HBC | ѕoup

If you meatheads decide the best course of action is to repeat the same day over by lynching me at this rate you only have yourselves to blame when I flip exactly what I say I am.

I've pretty much absolved the fact Ryker/Marshy are going to tunnel me and then one of them will say 'he was playing bad' to lick their own wounds.

#HBC | ѕoup

Deadline is in 50 minutes

VoteCount:

Soup (2): Kevin, marshy,
Lore (4): Ryker, soup, tom , orange
OrangeXHTML (6): Gorf, Frozen Flame, Pythag, Ranmaru, Kary, Lore

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Wagonomics as I was talking about earlier insists that there's at least one scum on the Orange wagon. I don't know if Gorf powerwolfs here and spearheads a Spak lynch in the way he did. It doesn't fit the M.O of his last game entirely. I recall FF being critical of Gorf however so I wonder if this heightens his paranoia about the situation. It's really interesting to me that despite Gorf/FF seemingly being at opposite ends, their votes are in tandem with one another. Other than that we have Pythag who was the leading suspect for Spak, and to be honest I don't really remember what his stance was at the end of the day. A lot of his posts just read off as a drive-by than really sitting down and looking into things. Ran is ran, then you've got Kary who flipped town and then Lore who put him to L-1.

I think Gorf/FF would be an angle I'm willing to pursue today. I'm not going to sit here and say that I feel they're exclusively partners, but I agree with JeXs/Spak's assumption that perhaps there's something a little off about FF after all.

Vote: Frozenflame

#HBC | ѕoup

The main question I want to ask to everyone is whether or not they believe Orange's wagon was construed by scum or simply town biting off each other's heads.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Wagonomics as I was talking about earlier insists that there's at least one scum on the Orange wagon. I don't know if Gorf powerwolfs here and spearheads a Spak lynch in the way he did. It doesn't fit the M.O of his last game entirely. I recall FF being critical of Gorf however so I wonder if this heightens his paranoia about the situation. It's really interesting to me that despite Gorf/FF seemingly being at opposite ends, their votes are in tandem with one another. Other than that we have Pythag who was the leading suspect for Spak, and to be honest I don't really remember what his stance was at the end of the day. A lot of his posts just read off as a drive-by than really sitting down and looking into things. Ran is ran, then you've got Kary who flipped town and then Lore who put him to L-1.

I think Gorf/FF would be an angle I'm willing to pursue today. I'm not going to sit here and say that I feel they're exclusively partners, but I agree with JeXs/Spak's assumption that perhaps there's something a little off about FF after all.

Vote: Frozenflame
expand on pythag plz

Top Bottom