• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lore Lore is self serving attitude a scum tell?

Orange was town and at the end he was asking for your lynch despite thinking you were town.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@#HBC | marshy
What are your thoughts on Gorf now? regarding your 345

Hey #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker , what do you make of these 2 posts by marshy?

The first one is whatever. I also think we've hit one because I still think Soup is a scumbag.

The second one is more of the wishy-washy nature of "should I vote Soup, should I not vote Soup" that characterized Marshy during EoD. If Soup flips town, I really don't like the way Marshy's EoD looks.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker Similar deal, but two different players. Tom and Gorf. Opinions on those two slots? Also, which would you kill?
Neither has entered the range I would kill. If you want to know which one I find worse, wait for about 48 hours so I can see how they approach this day phase.

I don't hate the way that either of them approached the end of the day yesterday. I disagree with them about the way Soup looks, but I would much rather fry FF for that than either of them. They sit somewhere near the middle of my list.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Neither has entered the range I would kill. If you want to know which one I find worse, wait for about 48 hours so I can see how they approach this day phase.

I don't hate the way that either of them approached the end of the day yesterday. I disagree with them about the way Soup looks, but I would much rather fry FF for that than either of them. They sit somewhere near the middle of my list.
Fair, that's about where I'm sitting too, especially on Gorf. With Tom I'm curious about what his answer will be to my question. Thanks for the answer.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Lmao. Then pass those thoughts over here. Let's hear em.

Or if there's nothing you want to share, any questions you want tossed my way? This inactivity is killing me.
lore if you were to describe your own method of scumhunting in a vacuum, how do you find scum?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
lore if you were to describe your own method of scumhunting in a vacuum, how do you find scum?
Typically by asking questions, getting hard stances down from people, and committing hard to lynches until I'm shown decent evidence they aren't the lynch. I'd rather tunnel a bit and see how people perform under focused pressure rather than half ass it.

But I've had it shown repeatedly to me that the tunneling is just plain ****ing bad, so I'm trying to work on it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hang Soup

Soup has 5 pages of posts which exhibit multiple stretches of complete **** where he memes for a time. I'm not gonna bury you in quotes, but if your memory is so short that you take issue with what I claim he's done, then you can come and ask me and I'll fetch them. So first, I'm going to lay some groundwork.

We do not trust AtE from Soup. We do not read tone from Soup. We do not play that game because he has utilized these things before. This is the slot who faked an outburst and replaced out of a game in order to get a town read for the guy who replaced into his slot. Soup has a HISTORY of this **** and his play is scummy as balls and doesn't line up with a frustrated townie.

1.) Hammer vote.

His first issue is his Ryker "hammer." This post was shortly after the hammer.

lmao if i accidently hammered ryker was NOT checking the votecount
This post was a good little while after it when he was catching heat for it. #413 I'd quote it, but it's huge text and bold.

The thing is, it doesn't matter. Setting me to L-1 that early when players could roll in and hammer is a ****ing terrible look. It was a joke, regardless of alignment, but it was a terrible vote if town and a very convenient way to put a townie at L-1 where a quickhammer could accidentally occur as scum. **** all the "IT WAS ONLY JOKE" garbage because it does look awful. This is what originally got me onto Soup, but it's not what I want him dead.

2.) Immediate Post Claim Behavior

I'm Town Oracle kiss my ***
There's the claim. It's #421.

For the next few hours, Soup does nothing I like. He unvotes Lore saying "I may be wrong on Lore." He calls Spak town on tone. He says the Pythag push is really good (it's not and #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf has talked about it more than me) and votes him. He continues to snap at people who dislike him. He responds with phoned in answers (Like him answering a question about reads from Ranmaru with the fact that he and Kary are unaligned). He unvotes Lore saying "I may be wrong on Lore." Nothing he does here takes effort. He, in fact, phones in multiple reasons why he doesn't want to give any effort at this point. It's mostly reactive and Soup stays like that, which brings me into my third point.

3.) Extended Post Claim Behavior And What I Perceive As The Motivation

I think Soup blew up. I don't think that was faked. However, I think he's a scumbag who exploded. The reason he was so reactionary and awful immediately following his claim is because he didn't want to put in the effort if he was going to get CC'd. He just wanted someone to out themselves and then hit the bricks (which, now that I think about it, means there's probably a roleblocker if Soup is scum). That's why, until we'd heard from most of the cast and there was a relaxation of the pressure on Soup, we never got the read list. Too much work if he was just gonna die, but then he woke up and went "huh, I'm still breathing, maybe I can get out of this."

His readlist is trash. Like, super trash. His **** posting when he realized he was slipping to the next phase on that claim reads like gloating. On the whole, I don't see Soup trying to be proactive except for after he's been called out for a lack of initiative.

I hate this slot. I will not stomach this slot. I do not know why others are willing to give it a pass. His explosion is not townie. His hammer vote is not townie. His claim is not townie. His reads are not townie. His **** posting is not townie. He is not a townie.

Lynch him.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Hang Soup

Soup has 5 pages of posts which exhibit multiple stretches of complete **** where he memes for a time. I'm not gonna bury you in quotes, but if your memory is so short that you take issue with what I claim he's done, then you can come and ask me and I'll fetch them. So first, I'm going to lay some groundwork.

We do not trust AtE from Soup. We do not read tone from Soup. We do not play that game because he has utilized these things before. This is the slot who faked an outburst and replaced out of a game in order to get a town read for the guy who replaced into his slot. Soup has a HISTORY of this **** and his play is scummy as balls and doesn't line up with a frustrated townie.

1.) Hammer vote.

His first issue is his Ryker "hammer." This post was shortly after the hammer.

This post was a good little while after it when he was catching heat for it. #413 I'd quote it, but it's huge text and bold.

The thing is, it doesn't matter. Setting me to L-1 that early when players could roll in and hammer is a ****ing terrible look. It was a joke, regardless of alignment, but it was a terrible vote if town and a very convenient way to put a townie at L-1 where a quickhammer could accidentally occur as scum. **** all the "IT WAS ONLY JOKE" garbage because it does look awful. This is what originally got me onto Soup, but it's not what I want him dead.

2.) Immediate Post Claim Behavior

There's the claim. It's #421.

For the next few hours, Soup does nothing I like. He unvotes Lore saying "I may be wrong on Lore." He calls Spak town on tone. He says the Pythag push is really good (it's not and #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf has talked about it more than me) and votes him. He continues to snap at people who dislike him. He responds with phoned in answers (Like him answering a question about reads from Ranmaru with the fact that he and Kary are unaligned). He unvotes Lore saying "I may be wrong on Lore." Nothing he does here takes effort. He, in fact, phones in multiple reasons why he doesn't want to give any effort at this point. It's mostly reactive and Soup stays like that, which brings me into my third point.

3.) Extended Post Claim Behavior And What I Perceive As The Motivation

I think Soup blew up. I don't think that was faked. However, I think he's a scumbag who exploded. The reason he was so reactionary and awful immediately following his claim is because he didn't want to put in the effort if he was going to get CC'd. He just wanted someone to out themselves and then hit the bricks (which, now that I think about it, means there's probably a roleblocker if Soup is scum). That's why, until we'd heard from most of the cast and there was a relaxation of the pressure on Soup, we never got the read list. Too much work if he was just gonna die, but then he woke up and went "huh, I'm still breathing, maybe I can get out of this."

His readlist is trash. Like, super trash. His **** posting when he realized he was slipping to the next phase on that claim reads like gloating. On the whole, I don't see Soup trying to be proactive except for after he's been called out for a lack of initiative.

I hate this slot. I will not stomach this slot. I do not know why others are willing to give it a pass. His explosion is not townie. His hammer vote is not townie. His claim is not townie. His reads are not townie. His **** posting is not townie. He is not a townie.

Lynch him.
This is honestly an extremely weak case coming from you.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Why would I oracle someone you guys are talking about lynching. Isn't that a complete waste? It's the same reason why I didn't pick Kary, because the fact remains that I gain nothing oracling slots that have equity to be lynched.

Marshy clairfied it was Gorf that defended Pythag but in terms of comments about it's pretty much we'll see
You probably have enough self-awareness to realize your slot is not going to live long. From your PoV, if you townread Lore, why not Oracle him? if you go down first, it could potentially prevent a misslynch.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
still lowkey recovering from work yesterday so ill come in better read from the eod.

yea that sucks. i dont think pythag being his top scumread has any sort of bearing on my read of pythag. i stand by the case he brought being ****ty. from what i isod alone, id still say slight noobtown aside from the last post he had before he ghosted for a while on like pg 10. but im curious to look more into how he played eod cuz i know he was around.

imma take the Day to mostly really look back through the lens of seeing kary's play. i dont think id sus kary for being pr if i was scum, so i wanna look more into who he was interacting with and pushing, in tandem with how the game progressed post soup claim. truth is, i dont really see the majority of peoples bloodlust for a soup lynch go down, and given the flip, i have a hard time fighting it. if he used his power on lore, it gives us a much less fogged image of the game regardless of his own flip (i do NOT see scum!lore with scum!soup). i dont have a great idea for personal direction past that yet.
Anything you want to say about that specific Pythag post? You did say you wanted to push the slot Day 2 last phase.

Who else would your direction be for today. Aside from Lore and Soup, who else is in your radar?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Everyone press F to pay respect for Ryker's case, dead before it's time.

F
The more people talk around Soup instead of talking about him, the more people's eyes will glaze over and they will move on to other things they would rather pursue. Please cease. It didn't merit two responses.

#HBC | Gorf

He responds with phoned in answers (Like him answering a question about reads from Ranmaru with the fact that he and Kary are unaligned). He unvotes Lore saying "I may be wrong on Lore." Nothing he does here takes effort. He, in fact, phones in multiple reasons why he doesn't want to give any effort at this point. It's mostly reactive and Soup stays like that, which brings me into my third point.
can you surface quotes backing this up (including any that dont have to do with the ran answers, kary unaligned and the phoning in of backing off of lore, but also anything outside of that)?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox What are your current thoughts on Marshy and KevinM? In addition, if you had to pick one to kill (not lynch) which would it be?
Marshy atm can stay, I don't see anything that glaringly worrying or worthy of reading into as of his current phase. I'd kill Kevin mostly cause the slot has not said a lot, and their reasoning for still being on Soup yesterday after the game advanced a bit was just the RVS vote.

Question, why ask me about these 2, specifically?

#HBC | Gorf

Anything you want to say about that specific Pythag post? You did say you wanted to push the slot Day 2 last phase.

Who else would your direction be for today. Aside from Lore and Soup, who else is in your radar?
i got nothin right now bro. ask me in like 1-2 days if i havent said **** about it

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
can you surface quotes backing this up (including any that dont have to do with the ran answers, kary unaligned and the phoning in of backing off of lore, but also anything outside of that)?
His Spak and Pythag comments fit that bill. I can dig them up.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is honestly an extremely weak case coming from you.
You could argue that stronger play from you would have resulted in a stronger case one way or the other.

Case in point with this response, you're not doing much more than saying "you're wrong"
Where is he wrong?
How is he wrong?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The more people talk around Soup instead of talking about him, the more people's eyes will glaze over and they will move on to other things they would rather pursue. Please cease. It didn't merit two responses.
Fair, I just found it hilarious how bad Soup's response was. I'm also incredibly bored at work. I'll stop.

Marshy atm can stay, I don't see anything that glaringly worrying or worthy of reading into as of his current phase. I'd kill Kevin mostly cause the slot has not said a lot, and their reasoning for still being on Soup yesterday after the game advanced a bit was just the RVS vote.

Question, why ask me about these 2, specifically?
Thanks for the answers.

They're two slots that haven't been discussed much, and I want to pin down how people feel about them as the game moves forward. Do you feel null on both, or do you have any leans in a direction?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I do not only know exactly which game and post are you talking about, I have that Soup post picture framed and bring it to my side every time Im in a game with him.

Lynch him.
Look, is not like you I disagree with your case at all, but YOU were one of the first slots after Kary and Gorf to decided to let him and leave and then focused on Orange.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think we just got too emotional with each other and it was clouding my judgment as the idea of scum being on me early has been really heightened for a while.
Response to me about asking about backing down on Lore.

EBWOP: I don't think that all scum are on me and there's probably a few weenie townies and I thought about it and felt like Kary had more equity for trying to be the safest game imaginable
"Not all scum are on the wagon." Said everyone about every wagon ever.

Have you read Spak's posts? Dude has the tone and clarity of a really friendly next door neighbor. I'm sorry, I know this is not substantiated either but for ****S SAKE! Please give me a moment to chill out because I am clearly frustrated and not thinking properly right now so I would be unhappy with whatever answer I'd give you.
Explanation for Spak town read. Excuses to not add more content (there's more of those too).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I do not only know exactly which game and post are you talking about, I have that Soup post picture framed and bring it to my side every time Im in a game with him.
I had no idea this happened. It's kinda ****ed up, to put it mildly.

Fandango while you're answering questions: Read on Tom?

Also, any questions for me? I'm leaving work in a bit, but will be able to answer them later depending on how busy I am.

Top Bottom