• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup I think your Gorf reasoning is weak and don't support it. What happened to your Pythag read?
Gorf is just an accesory of the crime and I'm more looking into FF. I talked about how I felt how unlikely it is Gorf tunnels Spak into the ground as a powerwolf here, it was just filling in a few spots in my argument. It's still there, but I wanna see what he says about Fanny now that he's brought it up again.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I think so?
ryker didnt say your ate was scummy there, he said the setting looks scum motivated because of your lack of initiative to lay out townie play after the claim. at that point, you have nothing to lose but you were certainly very resistant... until it looked like "oh **** im not just dead" and then you pumped out content.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you had a gut scumread on Fanny why did you keep it to yourself? When it comes to Fanny I just find his posting to be mostly ineffective, because sure it seems like he's doing something but it never really like, amounts to anything. If you could tell me what fanny's thoughts are outside of me/Lore do let me know. What do you mean by normal?
I didn't keep it to myself at all
was it the most substantiated? no.
Was I in a place where I could really sit down and read through everything? also no.
Hoping to read more on him toDay.

normal?
Ryker beginning of the day wasn't playing like he was last game, and he was town.
Ryker later - end of day was behaving like last game, When he was town.

like it or not that's the only metric I have for 'normal' currently

I'll look into Gorf vs FF

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker I haven't read it thoroughly. I also didn't think we had enough to read him by since he was V/LA. So his case wouldn't influence my read on Pythag, but I'll give you a read on Pythag later in the day.

#HBC | ѕoup

ryker didnt say your ate was scummy there, he said the setting looks scum motivated because of your lack of initiative to lay out townie play after the claim. at that point, you have nothing to lose but you were certainly very resistant... until it looked like "oh **** im not just dead" and then you pumped out content.
I'm not a perfect townie. Some **** I do just gets read the wrong way. Me trying to compensate in the way I did was a bout of realizing I couldn't exactly play the way I wanted to. Like, of course I'm gonna pump out content I'm an outed PR hopefully my words would be considered more based on this fact.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I badly need Tom to talk about direction this day and to see if FF comes gallantly charging in on his white horse.

#HBC | ѕoup

I didn't keep it to myself at all
was it the most substantiated? no.
Was I in a place where I could really sit down and read through everything? also no.
Hoping to read more on him toDay.

normal?
Ryker beginning of the day wasn't playing like he was last game, and he was town.

like it or not that's the only metric I have for 'normal' currently

I'll look into Gorf vs FF
I probably skimmed a few of your posts. Does Spak flipping scum make you feel stronger about Fanny? Your vote is on me right now and I'm not sure if you're considering Me/Fanny as a team or it's an individual basis.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker I haven't read it thoroughly. I also didn't think we had enough to read him by since he was V/LA. So his case wouldn't influence my read on Pythag, but I'll give you a read on Pythag later in the day.
I don't care about your read on Pythag in the slightest. I care that the case was ******** and Soup was like "You know? This is my ****. Spak, you're my boy. I'm voting Pythag."

What I want is your take on Soup adopting and complimenting that read.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm not a perfect townie. Some **** I do just gets read the wrong way. Me trying to compensate in the way I did was a bout of realizing I couldn't exactly play the way I wanted to. Like, of course I'm gonna pump out content I'm an outed PR hopefully my words would be considered more based on this fact.
yea but you were like resisting contributing for like a fat while after your claim. and either way that doesnt explain you mischaracterizing rykers quote. like, the point is a good point and you basically made a different point and attacked that

#HBC | ѕoup

yea but you were like resisting contributing for like a fat while after your claim. and either way that doesnt explain you mischaracterizing rykers quote. like, the point is a good point and you basically made a different point and attacked that
He started his paragraph digging into my AtE and I assume much like when you title your thesis, that is going to be the crux of your argument. He didn't explain what he didn't like about my reads, just that he didn't like them. He said that my blowup was scummy but it seemed proceeded by the exact thing I'm talkinga bout.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He started his paragraph digging into my AtE and I assume much like when you title your thesis, that is going to be the crux of your argument. He didn't explain what he didn't like about my reads, just that he didn't like them. He said that my blowup was scummy but it seemed proceeded by the exact thing I'm talkinga bout.
Spak and Lore look hilariously bad.

Kary was OMGUS.

Marshy and Pythag were hella unsubstantiated.

You then proceeded not to move on them at all.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I probably skimmed a few of your posts. Does Spak flipping scum make you feel stronger about Fanny? Your vote is on me right now and I'm not sure if you're considering Me/Fanny as a team or it's an individual basis.
meta question : Should town vote for scummiest or what informs town the most?

#HBC | ѕoup

Spak and Lore look hilariously bad.

Kary was OMGUS.

Marshy and Pythag were hella unsubstantiated.

You then proceeded not to move on them at all.
Spak ended up being town. Lore is..I literally don't read his posts, you solve him for me.

Marshy is hard to substantiate, you know this. I tried giving a vibe early on or alluding to something and it got ignored. Luckily, Pythag is here giving content.

Do you really think a marshy lynch was gonna happen that day? Pythag? **** no, you were all focused on Me/Spak/Lore and now somehow you want to repeat the same **** you did D1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker I can when I find the post where he explains why he likes Spak's push on Pythag, because so far, I only see him stating in his #434. If you can show me the post, that may help.

#HBC | ѕoup

meta question : Should town vote for scummiest or what informs town the most?
Absolutely the former. Information lynches are bogus, because you should always be doing something in the thread with the intent to gain information. It's like an inherent value, so saying you want to lynch someone on it doesn't mean anything because all townies should be considering it regardless of who asks you why you're doing something. Does that make sense?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
are you essentially 100% stronghold sold on the soup lynch toDay? if so, can you give two more really strong reads of yours and describe in your own words (you can use quotes if you want) why you read them whether town or scum at this point, and two you really want a better grip for a read on?
Yeah, I'm pretty 100% on this lynch lol.

I'm phone posting atm, but I can provide quotes and stuff tomorrow at work? It'll be another slow day where I'll be here from like 8-5. Due to my tunneling, I'll be real and say that I don't have any strong scum reads besides a list of players I want to look closer into. Ran is a big one for post-soup lynch for previously stated reasons. Also mainly FF and Pythag, but also Tom. Mostly because I'd like to hear a response from Tom for my earlier post.

I DO have a strong town read on Ryker and have said why, but I'll dig up the quote tomorrow. I also have a tentative town lean on Fandango but would like to see more of him. He seems proactive and asking decent questions, but I need to look at his vote history/actions around his votes before I settle on that read.

The slots I want a stronger read on are you, Gorf, Marshy, and Kevin. Mostly just wanting to see more; I have you guys as solid null.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Absolutely the former. Information lynches are bogus, because you should always be doing something in the thread with the intent to gain information. It's like an inherent value, so saying you want to lynch someone on it doesn't mean anything because all townies should be considering it regardless of who asks you why you're doing something. Does that make sense?
do you think then, bold incriminates your own play as anti-town? Given your play yesterDay?

and what you're saying does make some sense. I don't know if I completely agree, but I understand.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Huh, I thought he outright said it, but my memory is faulty. I blame the 5 pages of posts in his ISO.

Pythag -

The man himself I'm voting. My reasons honestly aren't that fleshed out other than I think his sidestepping and impartial takes on the whole game is troubling. When Spak/Lore got into what they did, Pythag took the wiser choice, but I think the wiser choice here is..concerning. Think about how everyone else reacted to Spak/Lore, and where the wagons are now. You ever get the feeling someone knows more than they lead on? That is most definitely Pythag. I think that Spak/Lore interaction is not as telling as people take it as, and where I feel people are going wrong is not how Spak/Lore acted there rather the ensuing reactions to it. Call it a hunch, call it some kind of gut but Pythag feels more fitting than Fanny for example (not entirely comparing) as a scum mate who just wants nothing to do with the thread.
Bolded is mostly parroting Spak. The rest of this reasoning is meaningless. He isn't saying anything there.

The larger problem is that I think the bolded is also trash (much like Orange's Pythag case).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Spak ended up being town. Lore is..I literally don't read his posts, you solve him for me.
Does anyone else remember when Soup called me town and acted like he was reading me closely? I certainly remember.

All of his responses so far to Ryker are weak af, rarely attacking the core of the argument and instead giving general answers. Stuff like "I'm logic before emotion" and similar stuff. Rarely does he really bash the argument at the core instead of a loose "**** that for this reason" bash. Instead he's "yo this argument is dumb because it's dumb."

Oversimplified, but you get the gist.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
If you meatheads decide the best course of action is to repeat the same day over by lynching me at this rate you only have yourselves to blame when I flip exactly what I say I am.

I've pretty much absolved the fact Ryker/Marshy are going to tunnel me and then one of them will say 'he was playing bad' to lick their own wounds.
youre right, youve opened my eyes

since this revelation, ive taken the time to review everyone in the game and read it over. ive come up with a multi quote wall outlining my conclusions (minimum of 4 paragraphs each) along with pointed questions fornevery remaining player to move along discussion in a productive way

i hope yall will find it satisfactory

vote soup

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Do you really think a marshy lynch was gonna happen that day? Pythag? **** no, you were all focused on Me/Spak/Lore and now somehow you want to repeat the same **** you did D1.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Does anyone else remember when Soup called me town and acted like he was reading me closely? I certainly remember.

All of his responses so far to Ryker are weak af, rarely attacking the core of the argument and instead giving general answers. Stuff like "I'm logic before emotion" and similar stuff. Rarely does he really bash the argument at the core instead of a loose "**** that for this reason" bash. Instead he's "yo this argument is dumb because it's dumb."

Oversimplified, but you get the gist.
I'm logic over emotion is incredibly funny when combined with the quotes about him being tone and gut based as a player.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also EBWOP for my 1384:

Rarely does he really bash the argument at the core with a solid, defined "**** that for this reason" bash. Instead he's "yo this argument is dumb because it's dumb."

Not sure why I phrased it the other way earlier.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
can you plz expand on how/why you felt ryker was different at the start of d1?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryker, I think that is a good point against him. Not enough for me to make me lynch him. Why do you think he claimed early?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm logic over emotion is incredibly funny when combined with the quotes about him being tone and gut based as a player.
You have to have cognitive ability (see: Logic) to understand when someone is lying to you or not. I believe that plays in part to understanding someone's tone, especially when it's limited because we're literally not in the same room.

do you think then, bold incriminates your own play as anti-town? Given your play yesterDay?

and what you're saying does make some sense. I don't know if I completely agree, but I understand.
Honestly, I think this whole thread has been too hard on me and this is just growing pains that I've never been able to get over. Perhaps some things I've done are anti-town, but I tried to explain my actions as I don't like that instance of anti-town behavior ultimately deciding how people feel about me.

Lore, I don't read your posts. Please talk about something besides me. You're ****ing irritating.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, I think that is a good point against him. Not enough for me to make me lynch him. Why do you think he claimed early?
Frustration. He blew up, as he tends to do. I don't think that makes him town, I think that makes him Soup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's the problem. I don't see the motivation as scum (since Spak is town) to claim early there, when I am changing my read on him and Gorf agrees. If it's null, and it is because of the joke from RVS, which I read as townie now, then I still find him overall town. Less town due to your point, but town nonetheless.

#HBC | ѕoup

Lore Lore

I'm saying this seriously. Regardless of my alignment, you have been antagonizing me on the grounds of something that I feel is spiteful beyond the game. I'm not sure if this your intent, but read this post completely separate from the game. It is inhibiting my enjoyment of this game and I would ask that you cease from constantly talking down to me. You have done nothing but overly snide, negative and dare I say hypocritical of my actions that I can't help but feel like it's spite. You comment and say my attempts to play the game are nearing hilarious and I haven't sat here and said 'lol look at how stupid Lore is playing! Hilarious!' Downright disrespectful and I'm getting tired of dealing with it. I tried to not read your posts but it's like you intentionally egg on the situation.

You are not playing Mafia, you're being a jackass.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's the problem. I don't see the motivation as scum (since Spak is town) to claim early there, when I am changing my read on him and Gorf agrees. If it's null, and it is because of the joke from RVS, which I read as townie now, then I still find him overall town. Less town due to your point, but town nonetheless.
My point here is there's no reason for him to do it as town.

It's an irrational maneuver birthed my irritation and Soup would explode if you got his order wrong at Burger King.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Soup is town. #102 Shows that he is likely joking. #167 Seems to be genuine thoughts. #256 Shows frustration after explaining his joke. #421 His claim, was confusing to me. I thought it may have been to attract attention away from other wagons (being scum with them possible) but with Spak flipping town, this isn't the case. It also makes me to think Soup is less likely scum for not finishing the Gorf and Me convo the page before. Why as scum, would he leave that conversation if Spak is town and he could benefit from it? #658 His reads seem genuine.

His PR choice makes sense, as investigative may either choose to target lynch targets to block them, or ignore those and go for nulls, which I think is a smarter choice. Choosing Kevin over Lore doesn't make it less likely for people to want to lynch him.

To me, this is consistent with his personality. His aim in mafia and EIMM is to troll and have fun. Notice how as Town, Soup does stupid things and gets lynched for it. Yet as mafia, he is always read as obvious townie, and always seems to have more of an agenda and image. Plus, having a town PR, enables him to play in such an anti-town way.
this is all wishy washy feel-good language that shouldnt amount to a read

soup isnt town for making a joke. "genuine thoughts" isnt townie unless you can explain why his content is much likelier to come from town as opposed to scum. we all know soup can/will use emotions (including frustration) as scum. his reads are complete ass -> kary was/is the most obvious townie in the game to the point of being killed n1 and i am town. he should have pursued his pythag scumread but didnt. i also have no idea how him exiting a conversation between you and gorf is indicative of him being town

the pr choice i admit makes some sense as a townie. but its not to forgo the lynch. i dont think your reasons for reading soup as town are appropriate

Top Bottom