• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
My point here is there's no reason for him to do it as town.

It's an irrational maneuver birthed my irritation and Soup would explode if you got his order wrong at Burger King.
Jokes on you I would never order anything from Burger King.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore

I'm saying this seriously. Regardless of my alignment, you have been antagonizing me on the grounds of something that I feel is spiteful beyond the game. I'm not sure if this your intent, but read this post completely separate from the game. It is inhibiting my enjoyment of this game and I would ask that you cease from constantly talking down to me. You have done nothing but overly snide, negative and dare I say hypocritical of my actions that I can't help but feel like it's spite. You comment and say my attempts to play the game are nearing hilarious and I haven't sat here and said 'lol look at how stupid Lore is playing! Hilarious!' Downright disrespectful and I'm getting tired of dealing with it. I tried to not read your posts but it's like you intentionally egg on the situation.

You are not playing Mafia, you're being a *******.
This is fair, and I deeply apologize. I definitely went way overboard on it. I'll cut it out.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yeah, I'm pretty 100% on this lynch lol.

I'm phone posting atm, but I can provide quotes and stuff tomorrow at work? It'll be another slow day where I'll be here from like 8-5. Due to my tunneling, I'll be real and say that I don't have any strong scum reads besides a list of players I want to look closer into. Ran is a big one for post-soup lynch for previously stated reasons. Also mainly FF and Pythag, but also Tom. Mostly because I'd like to hear a response from Tom for my earlier post.

I DO have a strong town read on Ryker and have said why, but I'll dig up the quote tomorrow. I also have a tentative town lean on Fandango but would like to see more of him. He seems proactive and asking decent questions, but I need to look at his vote history/actions around his votes before I settle on that read.

The slots I want a stronger read on are you, Gorf, Marshy, and Kevin. Mostly just wanting to see more; I have you guys as solid null.
ill take a look at posts later if you wanna point them out but i want you to summarize to me, off the cuff, why you are townreading a slot like ryker and scumread ran. just how you came to the conclusion of your read on them as it stands now

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy I'm curious why you say wishy washy. Do I come off as un-firm with my town read on Soup? When I mention genuine, I mean to say his tone. Uses no actual substantiation or quotes, and is consistent with this while blowing up, I am aware of this. Blowing up (but ran and gorf seem to be having a positive opinion of him) > claim > post reads without logical explanation only hurts a scum wincon. Him exiting me/gorf convo means that he isn't convinced by our push on Spak, when I felt that our push was a good one. He stated disagreement in his #383 and left it at that. (Albeit he said he skimmed his slot) I just don't understand why he wouldn't join if he is scum and Spak is confirmed town.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
with gorfs latest avatar change id like to take a moment to appreciate his old school one

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I honestly liked his previous one, please go back to that one.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy I'm curious why you say wishy washy. Do I come off as un-firm with my town read on Soup? When I mention genuine, I mean to say his tone. Uses no actual substantiation or quotes, and is consistent with this while blowing up, I am aware of this. Blowing up (but ran and gorf seem to be having a positive opinion of him) > claim > post reads without logical explanation only hurts a scum wincon. Him exiting me/gorf convo means that he isn't convinced by our push on Spak, when I felt that our push was a good one. He stated disagreement in his #383 and left it at that. (Albeit he said he skimmed his slot) I just don't understand why he wouldn't join if he is scum and Spak is confirmed town.
"limp" or "flimsy" would hav been a better word choice there. i mean that theyre weak reasons that sound good on the surface but are largely null/meaningless when looking at em closer. its clear that youre townreading soup

i dont see how the progression of blowing up -> claim -> post reads is a reason to read him as town. yes it might b bad play but scum play bad sometimes. i would say that doop and jtb played bad last game for example (im not being a smartass about this btw. im just making a point). idk what you mean by him posting reads without a logical explanation. he did have logic/reasoning in his reads post and he had a reason to post it because the thread had been clamoring for him to put out content

as for the spak thing ill ask you this: hav you really never seen a scum ignore or whiteknight a townie wagon d1? that **** happens all the time

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I probably skimmed a few of your posts. Does Spak flipping scum make you feel stronger about Fanny? Your vote is on me right now and I'm not sure if you're considering Me/Fanny as a team or it's an individual basis.
Didn't answer this earlier.

Yeah my eyebrow is raised at Fanny still.
if Lore v Soup is TvT it makes him look real bad, imo.
His hammer is also a little smelly, as he even asked permission from ryker to do so.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy without a strong reread, it just seemed like Ryker was really taking a back seat earlier.

Last game he popped in like a tornado to get everyone voting on something. He was a force.

He didn't show that really until later in the day.

I can snoop around, for quotes if you like, but that's mainly the impression I'm working with.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
ill take a look at posts later if you wanna point them out but i want you to summarize to me, off the cuff, why you are townreading a slot like ryker and scumread ran. just how you came to the conclusion of your read on them as it stands now
Eating atm but here goes.

Ryker: pretty sure a post that he made earlier was meant to smack me on the back of the head about why early pressure votes don't need that much reasoning behind it. Same with Kary at the same time. I doubt scum would go out of their way to low key tell a player tips on how to do mafia better and why something is towny/scummy. I don't take Ryker as the type to do this in a fake way.

The above read will obv not apply for future games, since I've revealed that I'm reading him town for it in this one. Will take it as null in the future. But it felt genuine and town earlier, same with Kary.

Ran: 90% of it is his relation to Soup, especially how Ran leapt to push against me as soon as I pointed out how Ran's setup pondering was strangely timed with Soup's claim, almost as if scum chat was happening and Ran was hypothesizing about setup info to try to help the claim.

This could have been OMGUS on his part, but I have a gut feeling that it isn't. Highly dependent on the Soup flip that I'm 99% sure will be scum.

I can also make a potential read list for if Soup flipped town, but I really doubt that'll be the flip at this point. Mainly it's the same as before with wanting to look at FF, Pythag, and Tom more closely since they were a bit sus for reasons outside of Soup. Less so Tom, since I'm waiting on his answer now. It depends on his answer.

Iirc someone asked for the above but I don't want to dig and find the post lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy The reason is I don't see the scum motivation behind it. If there were I would expect him to lurk out more at the time he claimed (but without claiming). It would put him in this situation which I don't think is beneficial for him if he's scum. I should clarify, I mean to say no quotes or substantiation for his reads. (Fanny had to push him for it and each time, Soup asked 'why do I need to bring up quotes' and such) Doop and JTB played bad but they lurked out to get out of the spot light. On the Spak thing, I'll give you that point. Overall, I do see it as a bad town play, rather than a bad scum play. That's all I have to say on that.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Going to push a read tonight, sorry holiday weekend meant I didn't have a lot of time.

Soup you said you oracle'd me correct?

Be down for lynching soup to 650,000,000% percent confirm I'm town and then just win the game for you guys tbh.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Going to push a read tonight, sorry holiday weekend meant I didn't have a lot of time.

Be down for lynching soup to 650,000,000% percent confirm I'm town and then just win the game for you guys tbh.
id suggest winning the game for us toDay, unless we have a competent jailkeeper after you flip town youre not living past n2 :c

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Let me start by saying I dont remember what question Lore asked of me, and I'm on mobile and I can't look back and find it. Lore, please ask me again, and i will answer.

Also, I'm drunk!! (Fuxk you frozenflame dont play this against me)

i have a guttown read on frozen just because of how he went about the soup lynch yesterDay. biased i know but i seriously think it was worth the delay if soup is bound for the gallows, and I super gelled with the way frozen approached it. nothing else he did really ping me in the moment, but i know he had a good presence eod and i wanna see more thoroughly how he navigated it. i dont hold crazy amount of faith in this read tho
What abou the **** he said at me that was mad whack? He basically agrroed onto me for nothing. How did you read that? It might help me read you.

@#HBC | Ryker Similar deal, but two different players. Tom and Gorf. Opinions on those two slots? Also, which would you kill?

Tom Tom One thing that people brought up is how Spak gave off Doop vibes from how he went aggro against my hypothetical. However, you did similar (but a lesser amount), yet you got a free pass. In your own words, why do you think this was passed over and ignored?

Trying to spread out discussion since my dumb *** tunneled so hard D1. I still want Soup gone, but I want actual discussion happening. We can quicklynch Soup and move the **** on, or we actually use the time we have to get concrete answers out of people. Being idle gains us nothing.
Well Spak definitely did give Doop vibes if you correlate the two together like the old SAT analogies that got me into college. But he was town.

Anyways, I think ppl give me the benefit of the doubt for the same reason they give Kevin/marshy/Ryker the benefit of the doubt - only because they trust that if I'm town I'm going to use my brain in lylo.

I also didnt accuse you of rolebaiting and spak did. He reached. He flew higher and his wax wings burned.

Theres 100% truth to the fact that day 1 became only about soup/spak/lore and in that order. You're alive because you weren't as weird as spak, or because you're scum and had help, and I can't tell which.

Eating atm but here goes.

Ryker: pretty sure a post that he made earlier was meant to smack me on the back of the head about why early pressure votes don't need that much reasoning behind it. Same with Kary at the same time. I doubt scum would go out of their way to low key tell a player tips on how to do mafia better and why something is towny/scummy. I don't take Ryker as the type to do this in a fake way.

The above read will obv not apply for future games, since I've revealed that I'm reading him town for it in this one. Will take it as null in the future. But it felt genuine and town earlier, same with Kary.
You're allowed to Ryker this way, and that's fine because I know how hard it is to reach in the dark for alignment confirmations. But this could EASILY be scum playing the mentor for brownie points. I'm worried about it constantly. That is to say, be careful? You're clearing someone for convenience. And I can't blame you, I'm doing it too.

I need way more from you.

When Kary died, he was my #1 town read. My first thought was selfish in that I thought scum was picking off my town reads. Nobody knows me better than you.

I need more.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am curious what you have to say about Soups day play though, Tom.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
but I have a gut feeling that it isn't. Highly dependent on the Soup flip that I'm 99% sure will be scum.
lol, honestly the strongest case I can think of for soup being town is your gut being sure that he's scum

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ranmaru ranmaru

My opinion of soup:

Super loud AtE that people seem to swear by but I dont have personal knowledge about

When he claimed I immediately reverted to my two-time-gold-winning EpicMafia version of myself where I play to theory like a math problem and help him survive Day 1 because it seems totally stupid to kill him before he can oracle someone if hes oracle

If he hadn't claimed, I would have hammered honestly

Then he backed off the AtE and became rational and provided reads

Unfortunately he town read everyone else on the chopping block which is either super self serving as scum or is a townie afraid of a meta-illuminati-mafia - which he expressed in his fears of me/marshy/kevin/ryker.

So I decided if we were going to lynch him, I was going to be comfortable in the seat of logic and safety and argue to keep him alive thru d1 in case hes town

I honestly read him as town but EVERYONE EXCEPT ME IS EXPENDABLE UNTIL LYLO and so if we lynch him today I'm ok with it

Ryker is totally right that I said he had to survive d1 and now that its d2 I'm not going to struggle to keep him alive.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Heres where I pull up a backwards chair and speak to the heart

I'm afraid of being wrong

I haven't flexed my scumhunting muscle in like eight years and I'm groping in the dark

I'm trying to do my best

And soup probably needs to die

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tom Tom So who would you vote today? Are your reads any different today than yesterday?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom you're drunkish and I'd rather Re ask in the morning. I'll be more active then too.
That shouldn't matter to you

Tom Tom So who would you vote today? Are your reads any different today than yesterday?
Theyre mostly the same. I would self consciously vote Lore because I'm committed and it's still a paper trail. I'd also hammer Soup but in the way Abraham hammered Isaac

Speaking of which, didn't Marshy say something super pointed about lynching whoever kept soup alive, and then fandango pointed out that Gorf kept Soup alive, and then I thought "I'm pretty sure Marshy was personally attacking me but ok"

I found myself thinking of Marshy in the shower this morning and not for the normal Wildcat reasons. Like if hes scum and Soup is scum, is he bussing vocally and setting up my lynch? And then somebody totally veered it away from me

I need waaaaay more from Marshy, FF, and Kevin which are slots that if they are town they OWE it to us to play harder

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If I flip town?

Tom you're not scum are you?
For real though think about it. I guess I dont need to tell you to think about it, you're already the guy in the spot

Oracle has claimed to seer you

If you're town and hes town you might be hard killed tonight

If you're mafia and hes town you're having an existential crisis right now

I'd hes scum it's all null

Fandangox

Smash Lord

I'll try to be brief:

Soup: I think by now my stance on this slot is clear. This will be the second time I say this, but Kary put it best: His play has been reactionary, the only reason why Soup even had the content he did after his interactions with Lore was because Kary, Ryker and I were prodding him to do so, and it took a LOT of prodding for him to give anything. Also don't give me that bull that he had to defend his slot and couldn't play.

I don't remember the game, but when I replaced RR after the entire game scumreading him, I still went and took a time to read the thread, find scum, and make a case for it. There's been a lack of motivation of this lot to do anything proactive, with the exception of his analysis of the Orange wagon, where he has FF as scum, but aside from that one post hasn't tried to convince the thread too much about why.

Lore: Yes, I still think the slot is scum, some of the stuff that applies to Soup also apply to Lore. Now the question would be if they are both scum together, Gorf doesn't seem to think so, but I don't think is something that should be entirely dismissed and re-reading their interactions is something we should definitely be doing upon one of these two flips.

Pythag: Pythag has been mostly surfing through the thread, without not much anything of value to say, but I'll expand on this later.

FF: Completely null on this slot, pretty sure its got one of the lowest post counts and they gotta post more.

Kevin: Okay now from Kevin I want reads. I don't know how hypocritical this sounds, but out of everyone in the Soup wagon, his reasoning was the weakest, and when I asked him for readlists and who else was scum he ignored the first and gave me vague, short answers on why he thought Ryker and Kary (I think?) were scumleans for him. I actually have to agree with Soup on this one and I don't see why not many seem bothered by Kevin, but it just seems to be his usual meta going by how everyone is interacting with him.

Either way, he just said he's gonna come up with some reads, so Im looking forward to that.

Gorf: Gorf I've always had trouble reading accurately, but despite me mostly ignoring Orange myself, I could see him making the case against Spak as him being proactive and trying to scumhunt. Of course the slot is now under scrutiny after the Orange flip, and his defense of Pythag seems like something I'd usually not see Gorf try to do that early in the game. At that moment I had let it slide cause it was an anchor to his spak case, but of course we've got the flip now. The slot can stay for now, but its something we should start definitely looking into the future.

Tom: Mostly null on this slot, nothing standout to say.

Marshy: I think the slot is town, I don't see anything too worrisome about his play (although I will expand on this bit.), and I liked his D1.

Ranmaru: Probably my strongest townread right now. He's gone from thinking Soup is scum, to reconsidering after the claim, and now trying to defend Soup. His reasoning for it do not clear Soup at all in my eyes, but at least it tells me Ran may be considering various and not just going with the motions, doens't seem particularly forced or inconsistent to me.

Ryker: Funnily enough, I do agree with Pythag on how Ryker's early D1, didn't seem like his usual play, I know he has IRL reasons for not being able to be constantly in the thread, but his end of D1 and D2 seem more like the usual town Ryker, but some things, Like claiming at the start of this phase that he adamantly wanted Soup dead when he was one of the slots that pushed Orange and decided to back off after Soup's claim do give me pause.

A mostly useless note about Gorf, Marshy, and Ryker. I actually like the more chill vibe they've had in this game, but its certainly kind of different from what Im used to from these slots and I don't actually don't know how much that would affect my read on them.

Like if I had to describe it, I'd say Ryker's usual townplay is the equivalent of a shirtless guy in crocs blasting anime music in a boombox, which is not exactly how he's been playing this game, but like I said, he probably has reasons for that.

Top Bottom