• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah pretty sure thats L-1. Don't need to rush the hammer, sounded like Ryker had something to say given his disapproval of my pessimistic expectations of attendance before deadline

nothing wrong with giving people a chance to show I was just telling people to not literally be waiting until the last second hoping people show up to actually have a gameplan of what they're gonna do right before it hits

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
OK, I'm back! I'll try to finish reading up; just got to Gorf's ISO on Pythag, so hopefully I'll be able to go through see why he thinks the slot is town. Ping me if you need me!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't like when there's no options. When you all limp into a lynch instead of keeping two choices alive, it's way less profitable. If Tom was willing to be voting Lore, he should have been on Lore.

However, it seems like no one is willing to step up, so hammer if you're gonna hammer.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Oh, just read up on the current situation after someone saying "We should be at L-1" showed up with my post. I'll just skim up to this point lol.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I don't like when there's no options. When you all limp into a lynch instead of keeping two choices alive, it's way less profitable. If Tom was willing to be voting Lore, he should have been on Lore.

However, it seems like no one is willing to step up, so hammer if you're gonna hammer.
Gonna wait to see what Orange says first

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'll throw this out:

Vote: Lore

I don't really not like either of the other slots up for voting right now, but always I'll fight to the death to protect my own slot.
Putting him at L-1 risks discussion stopping (scum may decide to self hammer) and I'd rather not hurt that.
I honestly don't think that was a concern at that point. I'd be flabbergasted if Ryker self-hammered in RVS lol.
We want a claim anyway.
I'm a Vanilla Townie.

I'll also be posting whenever I come across things rather than my typical catch-up style so I don't build up a wall and then just assault people with text near the end of phase. Also, feel free to ask any questions you have (knowing that I won't know much after Page 24). We can have a 'lil Spak (and JeXs if she's awake) hotseat before our inevitable demise :upsidedown:

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
EBWOP: Swap around always and I'll. I drove for four hours today, so my mind is a little bit cloudy at the moment lol.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
thats because youre not caught up
I'm caught up, but don't have enough time to catch up. Sorry man, I might have a response to your Pythag wall in postgame :p.
**** if I knew tagging Pythag would make him show up immediately I would've done it a lot sooner.
Maybe there's a reason he only shows up when prompted...

OK fine, I'll cut the conspiracy crap, but his timing does seem way convenient.
****ing 12 hours into my work as a mover. entering delirium
That's rough, buddy.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
it is precisely the jump on to orange and then the quick jump off that has me riding your *** bro lol

like it comes off as you dipped your toe in and then ******* out because you wanted to keep an option open like idk what to tell you
I've been very clear all day that I'm ok with both lynches

So while you seem to be correct you also seem to be mischaracterizing me

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
top paragraph is ****ing grimeeeeee bro holy **** where is this confidence coming from? "it's a moot point?" Nah dude if you think there's any p<1 chance that soup isn't scum then your risk assessment should be factoring in the different punish values we get hit with depending on if soup is a PR and we do this all in strat of lynch before night phase against standard "book play" theory. Makes me think you aren't actually thinking about the risk reward. Could be idgaf/brash townie but this comes off like scum flavor certainty
This was a good pick at Lore; they shouldn't dismiss Soup's claim so haphazardly.
I think the best play is Soup right now. I am starting to feel that if soup is scum, spak and Lore may not be scum. Kary brings up that Lore voting soup would be suicide and that is a good point. Now with Spak, his interactions with Lore don't seem like he is aligned with Lore. I feel Soup's explosion is to place a seed of doubt and confusion as scum. His reads seem more like scum spew rather than a townie trying to find scum. I still feel his frustration was not a genuine reaction to Tom or Kary. Due to this, I am unvoting and have my vote on Soup in spirit. His claim was pre-mature and Soup has not been productive all game, which does not match the alignment of town.

Unvote
I never thought that your case against me had much ground to stand on, but you seemed to think that it was solid enough that you were one of the main proponents for my lynch throughout the entire game. This post seems sorta like you're washing your hands of my lynch, then you say "I'll put my vote on Soup in spirit" rather than actually joining a wagon to help make the lynch happen. Furthermore, if Soup's telling the truth, scum would want him SUPER dead before the phase ends so he can't ever trigger the ability and we won't have a town-confirmed slot next phase. Smells kinda weird if you ask me.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
think its ****ing weird that spak doesnt think soup or lore are scum to the point its scummy cuz i dont see a townie thinking like that

by that logic weve done nothing but wagon townies all day. dont feel like thats the case. think weve hit at least one today
Nah, I think y'all just wagoned townies all day. Kinda sucks tbh.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
The Orange slot I really don't like in general. I feel like they've fumbled almost everything they have done this game and it kind of makes me feel like it is the first time Spak has ever been mafia and he has no idea what to be doing.
Nope, but I haven't ever played off-site and it's been a few years since I've played frequently. Moreso just rusty and don't have as much time to put into it than anything else, but I'm trying.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Do you view this tunneling as actually scummy?

To me it looks a lot like Lore from previous game. Townie Truly convinced of his own read.
I make a case on this man, but he's read up, asking questions to other people, and doesn't even respond? Make sure he addresses my case toMorrow if the Lore Locomotive isn't gonna happen.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Also, I'll throw this out:

Vote: Lore

I don't really not like either of the other slots up for voting right now, but always I'll fight to the death to protect my own slot.

I honestly don't think that was a concern at that point. I'd be flabbergasted if Ryker self-hammered in RVS lol.

I'm a Vanilla Townie.

I'll also be posting whenever I come across things rather than my typical catch-up style so I don't build up a wall and then just assault people with text near the end of phase. Also, feel free to ask any questions you have (knowing that I won't know much after Page 24). We can have a 'lil Spak (and JeXs if she's awake) hotseat before our inevitable demise :upsidedown:
Why Lore and not Soup?

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Why Lore and not Soup?
Because in the case that Soup is telling the truth, it'd be a way bigger loss for town to kill their oracle without them getting the chance to use their PR than killing their oracle D2 when they've had the chance. There's no reason for town not to put it off a day (unless Soup has a scum PR and is just buying time, but I honestly still don't think that offsets the chance we're taking with trying to wagon a non-CC'd PR).

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Because in the case that Soup is telling the truth, it'd be a way bigger loss for town to kill their oracle without them getting the chance to use their PR than killing their oracle D2 when they've had the chance. There's no reason for town not to put it off a day (unless Soup has a scum PR and is just buying time, but I honestly still don't think that offsets the chance we're taking with trying to wagon a non-CC'd PR).
But what do you think of Soup's play itself, is it town?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Deadline is in 50 minutes

VoteCount:

Soup (2): Kevin, marshy,
Lore (4): Ryker, soup, tom , orange
OrangeXHTML (6): Gorf, Frozen Flame, Pythag, Ranmaru, Kary, Lore

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
But what do you think of Soup's play itself, is it town?
I think that Soup's reacting as I've seen town!Soup react in the past. While I think that he blows up a lot, that's more playstyle than indicative of alignment. The main argument for him for the longest time seems to have been a joke vote in RVS and his interaction with Lore, the former I think he would've done regardless of alignment and the latter I thought he looked townie coming out of. His reactions since then have looked sincere, he laid out his thought processes in his read lists (and I agreed with a lot of his reads, which is typically a fairly good sign since that means we'd be approaching the game with about the same perspective), and while he hasn't been actively scumhunting as much, it's because he's having to defend himself from everyone else in thread bullying him. I honestly think he's just a town who threw up his hands because he got fed up with how everyone was treating him, which then perpetuated the cycle (since that claim was just a bad move as town or scum).

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I mean for the longest time the argument against wasn't the RVS, but how he reacted the thread's reaction to that, and how he had to prodded to hell to give us reads or any idea of who to lynch.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Like, its hypocritical of me, but Im gonna use Lore's #1,018 reasoning for this, I can't get a read on Spak, the flip is gonna be useful, and it doens't seem anyone else is gonna be voted off at this point with less than an hour to go

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I make a case on this man, but he's read up, asking questions to other people, and doesn't even respond? Make sure he addresses my case toMorrow if the Lore Locomotive isn't gonna happen.
I think your case is mostly you think I’m scum.
I can’t necessarily argue against that.

I don’t know how much of a case you want to build on early d1 stuff. I’m Asking questions and trying to see how people respond? Why? Because there is so little hard evidence.

I don’t think I’ve been exactly flying under the radar as you say. You see how much flak I took for the FF vote?

Lore’s play and soups play looked like frustrated townies to me, if I was getting town lean how much more do you want me to hold their feet to the fire that early? Especially with how much they had been going at it with each other.

I think while that early wagon was going on I thought I was one of the people not interested because I was more interested in reading how people were getting on the wagon.
That’s where Flamingos vote stuck out to me. His vote to me looked like he was trying to fly under the radar.

He also has apparently avoided most scum reads except for Gorf who called him as being defensive.

Ff vote, as well as misquoting and reading still doesn’t strike me as flying under the radar as literally everyone noticed.

The only other thing I would say is with regard to my questions and lack of follow up. I had questions for people, when I was satisfied, at least at the time, I stopped asking.

Conversations can end, and I’m looking for profitable topics and questions so that I don’t wind up in an echo chamber. Not saying I’m great at it, but that’s the attempt.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
O Orange you just said you’re worried we are wagoning townies, so you choose to try wagon another townie (in your opinion)?

Outside of me who are your other reads as scum?

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I don’t know how much of a case you want to build on early d1 stuff. I’m Asking questions and trying to see how people respond? Why? Because there is so little hard evidence.
My problem isn't just early D1 stuff; I understand there being little evidence. It's more that every time you have a line of questioning, it doesn't last more than one or two posts. It's usually "What do you think of <insert_thing>?" and then they usually respond, and you don't have anything to say in response. You never seem to try and dig deeper in your lines of questioning, it's always surface level. It's not that you haven't had any interaction in-game on that point; you've actually done a lot more than some other slots as far as being in-thread and talking, but your questions are so easily satisfied that it looks like you're just trying to generate content rather than actually dig your heels in and look for scum.
I don’t think I’ve been exactly flying under the radar as you say. You see how much flak I took for the FF vote?
You can't really use that as an excuse; you were voting an inactive slot, and I don't think you foresaw how much flak you'd get from voting someone who wasn't gonna fight back. That vote just looked bad in the context of the rest of your post, and it looked like you were lambasting three other slots, then voting a fourth to disassociate with the consequences of killing any of them.
O Orange you just said you’re worried we are wagoning townies, so you choose to try wagon another townie (in your opinion)?
I mean yeah, I've

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
That’s where Flamingos vote stuck out to me. His vote to me looked like he was trying to fly under the radar.

He also has apparently avoided most scum reads except for Gorf who called him as being defensive.
With that said, I actually like this part. I've never had experience with anything but town!Fanny (and that was a few years ago in Revival of DGames), but I can see that argument. Thanks for explaining it!

Top Bottom