• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I mean. I agree with you that it was straight self-preservation and I've been on his *** about that being his only motive.

However, with hours left in the day, if you're gonna get lynched otherwise, you vote the leading wagon.
That's the thing thought, he voted Lore, when Orange had more votes, yeah he townreads Spak more, but makes no sense if he is really doing it out of self-preservation alone.

I just stated my opinion on Pythag's vote on me, I don't necessarily agree with Gorf's reasoning (it feels like he's trying to play a meta card on me, but is comparing me to someone who plays completely differently), and I'm not sure if I've come across anyone else on my wagon. I'll keep you updated as I see 'em :p
Ok after re-reading Gorf's wall, his argument on you is not meta, is that your Pythag vote is weak, and you are claiming he's doing the opposite of what he is really doing, I don't think he ever mentioned meta on you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If someone wants to kick the Lore wagon into high gear I'd love to watch that development

Apologies to Marshy that I'm not dropping a fat case on someone the way he seems to expect by the way he answered my question request

I'm cool with either one especially if it means people stop threatening to lynch the Oracle claim

But this one has more steam
You can move if the time comes, but give me competing wagons, not a consensus.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i usually refuse to read marshy on d1 unless he pings me in a really strong way. he has not pinged me in a really strong way. i think hes been playing pretty fine. chill dude, letting me do my thing, im letting him do his thing. ask me mid d2 if you dont like that answer

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i usually refuse to read marshy on d1 unless he pings me in a really strong way. he has not pinged me in a really strong way. i think hes been playing pretty fine. chill dude, letting me do my thing, im letting him do his thing. ask me mid d2 if you dont like that answer
I can wait, but why refuse? What lead to you having this approach?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
im curious about what intrigues you about my marshy read tho
If both Spak and soup are town, frankly, I'm mad, because I don't think that gives me any good leads whatsoever and puts us at poor odds to win this game. For example, I don't think Gorf is bussing Spak, but if Spak is town, I really have no clue on Gorf. His play has essentially just been textbook to me, it's very argument-focused and it's hard for me to actually get a read off of that. I could see him being scum and just positioning himself well.

#HBC | Gorf

if nothing else, respect. for some players its more interesting to watch what they do, how they do it, and how they are led to doing it. and digging into that with at least a complete d1 is much more valuable. marshy is one of those players. to some extent so are you, but i feel like i can trust my d1 read on you a little more to bite at you d1 if i feel a certain way.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
What's your current stance on the slot though, like obviously is the alternative from your PoV, cause its either you, Soup or Orange, but anything you want to say about the slot?
Spak/Orange had some weird **** early in the day but has been pretty mixed since then, and I unfortunately haven't interacted directly. Some of their stances remain a bit soft with some wiggle room, but I can't tell if that's playstyle or not. Overall, pretty tricky for me personally to read.

Gun to my head, it's a scum lean.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Kary
I feel like this post aged really poorly?
This in regard's to Lore's #463

yet you said this a few posts later

I don't think Lore is scum, I think he's just a liability. I'm prepared to be wrong on this but I'm just not really sold on it yet. I would love to hear more argument about this because I feel like a lot of people have him in their 'can go' pile but without anything particularly damning.
What specifically you think aged poorly? You still townreading the slot?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I may not post again until end of day, I should have kept my vote here and not moved it. I'm off to d&d. I know plenty of people are here And more than willing to hammer

#HBC | Gorf

what are some of their stances that are a bit soft, how are they a bit soft, and what sort of wiggle room do you perceive them giving themselves with regards to that?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Spak/Orange had some weird **** early in the day but has been pretty mixed since then, and I unfortunately haven't interacted directly. Some of their stances remain a bit soft with some wiggle room, but I can't tell if that's playstyle or not. Overall, pretty tricky for me personally to read.

Gun to my head, it's a scum lean.
This doesn't really tell me anything. What about their play makes you scumlean the slot now? Can you bring specific post from early that you said you found weird and why?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This in regard's to Lore's #463

yet you said this a few posts later

What specifically you think aged poorly? You still townreading the slot?
Well basically he's being a hypocrite on two counts.
Saying people should evaluate whether they're prepared to lynch a town PR, but I haven't seen any signs of him trying to evaluate this himself.
Talking about the risk of hopping back on, then later on putting soup to L-1 with literally no warning.

I mean, if he's scum, is he intentionally flouting his own advice? Is he posturing and pretending he's doing it for the good of the town, and then completely forgetting that he said that when he does scummy things later?

I feel like it is most likely that he is not planning or trying to manage the way he behaves (as scum) and instead is just doing whatever bullheaded thing occurs to him at the time. It's probably just excellently ironic.

I do think that there are some deficiencies to his play that could be worth a look, maybe an ISO of his soup opinion, but I just pulled up that post in particular to see whether it would get any reaction and because I thought it was funny.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
We have four and a half hours to have a wagon fiasco.

I really am gonna need updated votecounts for this and for #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame to show up.
What do you need from me? You know my lynch picks and Im sitting on my top one right now. We're at deadline here idk what else I can do to move the game forward at this point but I'm happy chat

Honestly I dont know the vote count but I'm pretty happy with this

Vote: orange
This was L-1 given it ninja'd this

Therefore, votecount stands as follows:

Soup (4): Kevin, Fandangox, marshy, Lore
Lore (2): Ryker, soup
OrangeXHTML (5): Gorf, Frozen Flame, Pythag, Ranmaru, Tom
Pythag(1): OrangeXHTML,

Not Voting(1): Kary,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in 3 hours and 41 minutes
But then tom unvoted so back to L-2 on orange. blatant stalling from Tom but idk if that's town hesitance or scum hoping that pressure shifts to lore as scum!orange's buddy or some ****. Tom even acknowledges he's **** blocking the wagon and then going to D&D, I can respect that lol but pretty null read wise

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It should be clear I moved my vote in direct reference to rikers suggestion to me

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well basically he's being a hypocrite on two counts.
Saying people should evaluate whether they're prepared to lynch a town PR, but I haven't seen any signs of him trying to evaluate this himself.
Talking about the risk of hopping back on, then later on putting soup to L-1 with literally no warning.

I mean, if he's scum, is he intentionally flouting his own advice? Is he posturing and pretending he's doing it for the good of the town, and then completely forgetting that he said that when he does scummy things later?

I feel like it is most likely that he is not planning or trying to manage the way he behaves (as scum) and instead is just doing whatever bullheaded thing occurs to him at the time. It's probably just excellently ironic.

I do think that there are some deficiencies to his play that could be worth a look, maybe an ISO of his soup opinion, but I just pulled up that post in particular to see whether it would get any reaction and because I thought it was funny.
I've never played with Lore, so I don't know how his town or scum play is, but the slot is just super inconsistent and opportunistic, and like Soup, he's been reactionary.

Like of course they are now having a scumlean on Orange when I think they barely mentioned the slot before (I could be wrong here) and had a vague response when I asked them about it.

But I really wanna hear from Marshy and Kevin first, I dont think I've been in a D1 before with so much hoping on and off wagons off the viable lynches

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I won't be here for deadline as I'm going out. Is my vote needed elsewhere?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
are you lowkey an undercover weeb?

the k pop links n avy make me think so but youve got this edgy persona thing goin that weebs usually dont rock
아니요... 그냥 3년전에 제가 한국 예능 쇼를 자막으로 봤어서 그때부터 저는 한국 문화와 한국어를 관심이 있어요. 혹시 궁금하면 쇼의 이름이 더 지니어스라고 해요. 제가 추천해요.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote

Im begrudgingly ok with postponing Soup till D2, but I really wanna hear from KevinM KevinM #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy and Lore Lore on the current situation
not sure we have tons of time to be waiting for a quarter of the cast to each submit a thesis for your consideration 2.5 hours before deadline, be mindful of that. I sure as hell hope other people hop into the thread soon but we don't have a large window left

It should be clear I moved my vote in direct reference to rikers suggestion to me
ok sure but it has the same operative effect so /shrug bro

Fandangox

Smash Lord
not sure we have tons of time to be waiting for a quarter of the cast to each submit a thesis for your consideration 2.5 hours before deadline, be mindful of that. I sure as hell hope other people hop into the thread soon but we don't have a large window left
If they can, might as well, not like Im gonna not gonna vote again until they say anything. Im gonna be here till deadline

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I've never played with Lore, so I don't know how his town or scum play is, but the slot is just super inconsistent and opportunistic, and like Soup, he's been reactionary.

Like of course they are now having a scumlean on Orange when I think they barely mentioned the slot before (I could be wrong here) and had a vague response when I asked them about it.

But I really wanna hear from Marshy and Kevin first, I dont think I've been in a D1 before with so much hoping on and off wagons off the viable lynches
I mean, I cut him some slack because I think he actually lives in a tunnel. The only thing I would say is that he has been much slower on the uptake than I would expect so far this game though. E.g. doesn't find soup scummy during RVS, finds it scummy later. Don't know if that means anything yet.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why is it that, at every opportunity, you are my antithesis?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I saw Orange viewing about 15 minutes ago and if they were going to say anything to change my mind they have vanishingly little time remaining. Don't feel like staying awake until deadline since I was up most of the night yesterday.

Vote: OrangeXhtml

I am confident that puts the waggon at L-2, per below:

Soup (3): Kevin, marshy, Lore
Lore (3): Ryker, soup, Tom
OrangeXHTML (5): Gorf, Frozen Flame, Pythag, Ranmaru, Kary
Pythag(1): OrangeXHTML,

Not Voting(1): Fandangox

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Get off my diiiiiiick theres no way in the world I was stalling either wagon especially considering I had just moved my vote from one person and then moved it back?
it is precisely the jump on to orange and then the quick jump off that has me riding your ass bro lol

like it comes off as you dipped your toe in and then ******* out because you wanted to keep an option open like idk what to tell you

Top Bottom