• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your favorite player?

wezai

Smash Journeyman
As much as I enjoy M2K's edge game I find hes too campy on ledges for my tastes.
And when he spams lasers as Fox.
That's one thing I like about him, he is very confident on his ledge game, more than other players. It becomes very intense when both players are close or off the ledge. But that confidence also results in him being too campy on it, so it results as a downside for spectators. But that doesn't change the fact that I like his playstyle and his dedication for the game, trying to be frame perfect and trying to master his execution. He plays to win after all. :p

Now about Armada, I like his dedication and how far he pushed Peach in the rankings. He is very good with his punishing game and he has pulled very sick combos with the stitch face and other stuff that's all over the YouTube. Definitely one player I always look up to.

And what can I say about Aisengobay: He is our local hero here in Brazil. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he is the best player in Brazil but I can safely say he is the most dedicated here and really love Smash with passion. He has a passive playstyle that is not very common, he will wait if needed and he is super patient with shielding and ledge guarding. He will not overextended and he will play to win, no matter what. His set against Fiction on APEX 2014 was hype, I hope to see him more in big tournaments in the future.

Anyway, those are just brief explanations of why these 3 players are my favorites. :)

Butter

Smash Rookie
Darkrain has to be one of my favorites by far. He just plays to have fun and LOVES hyping the crowd. Wish there were more like him.

Jsyk

Smash Rookie
Old school, probably Azen. The best word I can think of to describe the way he played would be 'intelligently'.
Of modern players, I appreciate Hungrybox's patient style which emphasizes poking through a drop in defense.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Tajjjjjjj

Axe, Vectorman, Scorpion Master, aMSa, Wobbles.

Taj needs more screen time at tournaments.

Last edited:

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
Pichu Guru, because obvious reasons. Although I still need to enter.....out of existing players I would say HungryBox.

D

Deleted member

Papa Nooch and The Purist are probably my favorites.

Jim Jam Flim Flam comes for a close second, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Probably one of my favorites would be Axe. He surprises people with unorthodox things and his quick and aggressive playstyle. His Pika and YLink are awesome.
I know what you mean.

I mained YLink because of that guy (mind you i'm still trying to perfect my craft like him).

strawhats

Smash Master
m2k's marth will forever be ingrained in my soul....love his fox too. (as amazing as his sheik is it just will never inspire the same level of admiration I have for his marth> i wish he wasn't soo fickle about what stages he plays marth on but i understand why he does it)
mango's spacies and ironically his puff (when mango mained puff i couldn't stand him...probably cause he used to make m2k's life a living hell when they played, now i wish he'd bring the puffball back)
PPU (kevin toy's marth...it's too pure)
Darkrain/Jeapie>they go ham and give no ****s...also jeapie's falcon is soo slick(love his use of shield drops)
Amsah/KDJ: favorite sheik players ever..I miss Amsah

Last edited:

(G-S.N) Chicago Ben

Smash Apprentice
That's one thing I like about him, he is very confident on his ledge game, more than other players. It becomes very intense when both players are close or off the ledge. But that confidence also results in him being too campy on it, so it results as a downside for spectators. But that doesn't change the fact that I like his playstyle and his dedication for the game, trying to be frame perfect and trying to master his execution. He plays to win after all. :p

Now about Armada, I like his dedication and how far he pushed Peach in the rankings. He is very good with his punishing game and he has pulled very sick combos with the stitch face and other stuff that's all over the YouTube. Definitely one player I always look up to.

And what can I say about Aisengobay: He is our local hero here in Brazil. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he is the best player in Brazil but I can safely say he is the most dedicated here and really love Smash with passion. He has a passive playstyle that is not very common, he will wait if needed and he is super patient with shielding and ledge guarding. He will not overextended and he will play to win, no matter what. His set against Fiction on APEX 2014 was hype, I hope to see him more in big tournaments in the future.

Anyway, those are just brief explanations of why these 3 players are my favorites. :)
Saying local makes it sound like Brazil is small >.>

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
My favorite is Ken (Casue we both play Marth) and I really like Westballz (Cause he plays Falco and he impressed me in the So-Cal vs Nor-Cal crew battle)

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Saying local makes it sound like Brazil is small >.>
Haha, didn't meant to say that. I accidentally said Brazil instead of some regions here in São Paulo. Anything that is smash related you can count that Aisengobay will be there with his eager for smash. I remember him back in 2005/2006 and he was dedicated since then.

Anyway, Brazil is a big country, but the smash scene is scarce here, you have to agree with that. I'm assuming you are Brazilian too so you might know what I am talking about.

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
In Brawl, my favorite player is Boss, but I also like a lot of YoshQ, Rich Brown and Ally...

In Melee, my favorites are Abate, Eddy Mexico and Aisengobay, and I also really like of aMSa and Dr. PP...

In Smash 64, Banze, Ruoka Dancho and Isai (just because he is a god at this game)...

Last edited:

kingprawn

Smash Rookie
M2K, KDJ, Mango, dr pp. Hbox

If I have to pick one i'd say M2K

Last edited:

Hoodlumz

Smash Rookie
I Love Kage. He's just such a man. He doesn't give a **** about you and you WILL take a dunk to the mouth. So manly.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
He's been top 5 in the world for years lol...

Favorite players? hmmm

M2k's marth is the sexiest this game has ever been.
Westballz is like the reincarnation of Dashizwiz, just not as consistent.
PP is amazing, but plays too safe so he loses some entertainment value.

Top Bottom