• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO MLG - May 3rd-4th - PM me your email if you are in top 32 melee so I can get you MLG points

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Melee 1vs1 (68 players)
1: Mango
2: Hax
3: GG|Mojo
4: CT|Zero
5: SS|Soft
5: AG|Arc
7: SS|Flow
7: Jake
9: Gar
9: Tetsua
9: PHO|Xica
9: SoS
13: Disafter
13: pawl
13: Noc
13: JF
17: StrawHat
17: Scrubaroo
17: Sethlon
17: Admiral
17: Rojo
17: Thoraxe
17: Tuesday
17: Oracle
25: Dawn
25: DingDing
25: Zhea
25: King
25: Valdens
25: GlibbyGlobby
25: Jnig
25: Sunny
33: WTBlake
33: Neezy
33: Kalo
33: Enzan
33: RJ
33: Moneypants
33: Jagged Cole
33: BlockHead
33: LemonyZest
33: CaptainPlanet
33: UltraKyle
33: AceHigh
33: KingDeltron
33: Skeith
33: KillaWhale
33: BabaR
49: Dman2292
49: Snagy
49: Stef
49: Fenip
49: Glitchbirg
49: Jewemy
49: Zackerz
49: Saluki
49: 09
49: Xavier
49: Alex
49: Doug
49: TVHotSun
49: Serenade
49: Arwing
49: Way
65: Rolton
65: TropicThunder
65: Wolfen
65: Emjay

Melee 2vs2 (18 teams)
SPLIT 1: Hax+Mango
SPLIT 2: GG|Mojo+Jake
SPLIT 3: SS|Soft+SS|Flo
4: Skeith+SoS
5: Oracle+Disafter
5: Tetsua+Scrubaroo
7: Dawn+Noc
7: Gar+GlibbyGlobby
9: Stef+RedX
9: PHO|Xica+Thorax
9: Rojo+Glitchbirg
9: Moneypants+Arwing
13: DrinkingFood+RuslinJimmies
13: Zackerz+TVHotSun
13: KingDeltron+LemonyZest
13: Admiral+Kalo
17: Doug+CaptainPlanet
17: JaggedCole+WTBlake

Brawl 1vs1 (54 payers)
1: CT|Zero
2: CT|Vinnie
3: Gnes
4: Razer
5: Trela
5: CT| TLo| Denti
7: Jnig
7: MegaFox
9: Valdens
9: Illmatic
9: Espy
9: Asa
13: RunCT
13: RedX
13: FuriousDuffman
13: Tesh
17: KJ
17: JPG
17: Moti
17: Fae
17: Burrito
17: ****
17: Paw
17: Brawlman
25: Gamma
25: OBi1
25: Stef
25: Fujin
25: KRD
25: BabaR
25: Hunter
25: Glitchbirg
33: Ponkapa
33: Seven16J
33: Ravna
33: Way
33: M
33: SAS544
33: Xavier
33: SLB
33: 09
33: DrD
33: Gustavo
33: En
33: `swag
49: Klam
49: Dao
49: BNK
49: BC
49: Dillon
49: %swag

Brawl 2vs2 (15 teams)
1: Razer+Gnes
2: CT|Denti+Zero
3: Trela+Vinnie
4: MegaFox+Espy
5: Chibo+Valdens
5: FuriousDuffman+Burrito
7: Tetsua+Glitchbirg
7: Jnig+BrawlMan
9: Hylen+09
9: Asa+RunCT
9: SpaceWaste+Hype
9: Stef+RedXX
13: BabaR+Tesh
13: Paw+Fae
13: %swag+`swag

Brawl Low 1vs1 (13 players)
1: Vinnie
2: Brawlman
3: Espy
4: Fujin
5: RedX
5: Denti
7: Tesh
7: ****
9: Razer
9: BNK
9: FuriousDuffman
9: Stef
13: Obi1

Brawl Low+Mid 2vs2
SPLIT 1: Vinnie+Valdens
SPLIT 2: Espy+CT|Zero
3: Denti+Megafox
4: KJ+Brawlman
5: Razer+Trela
5: Martez+RunCT
7: Asa+Tesh
7: Glitchbirg+Burrito
9: Stef+RedXXX
9: FuriousDuffman+Tetsuya

PM 1vs1 (67 players)
1: Zero
2: Sethlon
3: Mango
4: Denti
5: Luck
5: StrawHat
7: Oracle
7: AeroLink
9: Jake
9: Jnig
9: DrinkingFood
9: Tetsua
13: SoS
13: Trela
13: Skeith
13: Espy
17: Axxo
17: FuriousDuffman
17: Dman2292
17: Disafter
17: Kirby
17: BC
17: MegaFox
17: GG|Mojo
25: DingDing
25: Cr0ss Tide
25: Ponkapa
25: Arwing
25: KRD
25: 09
25: Cross
25: Brave
33: UltraKyle
33: Gamma
33: WTBlake
33: Moti
33: Serenade
33: RedX
33: Scrubaroo
33: Zhea
33: JPG
33: IPman
33: YourBestFriendScoo
33: Enzan
33: SplashLibido
33: HeyBeatle
33: Kalo
33: Dawn
49: Kolbin
49: Way
49: Leaf
49: KingDeltron
49: DC5
49: Pro
49: Emjay
49: SwagPeriod
49: RJ
49: JoshT
49: Gooz
49: Fenip
49: Frosty
49: Rubix
49: Moneypants
49: Trygg
65: Donut
65: Hylen
65: MachoMachoMan

PM 2vs2 (17 teams)
1: Denti+Zero
2: Luck+AeroLink
3: Oracle+Sethlon
4: SoS+Mojo
5: Tetsua+Scrubarooo
5: Jnig+Espy
7: StrawHat+Gamma
7: DrinkingFood+RuslinJimmies**
9: RedX+O9N12
9: Ponkapa+Dman
9: Jake+KillaWhale
9: KingDeltron+Arwing
13: Frosty+Donut
13: Trygg+KRD
13: Skeith+King
13: MachoMachoMan+Gooz
17: `swag+way

SSB64 1vs1 (15 players)
1: Bowl
2: Fancy
3: Zackerz
4: Beesy
5: DAOrange
5: Noc
7: Matt
7: Ryan
9: T2K
9: DC5
9: Valdens
9: M
13: Brandon
13: Scotish_Dubist
13: AceHigh

SSB64 2vs2 (5 teams
They did round robin. Ill get the results in a bit.

PSA 1vs1
Results coming soon....

PSA 2vs2
Results coming soon....

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HOBO_HERO
Live Stream: http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/event/clashtournaments
Tournament thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...n-brawl-melee-pm-64-psa-300-pot-bonus.348315/

Last edited:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
2v2 results :

1: Razer+Gnes - great seeing you guys again, me and duffman have been wanting to play against you guys in tournament for so long and it finally happened! Congratz on your win!
3: Trela+Vinnie - I wish we had gotten to play!!
4: MegaFox+Espy - fastest team alive! too fast!
7: Tetsua+Glitchbirg - <3 ....
7: Jnig+BrawlMan - fun doubles match! I'm so scared of facing sonics!
9: Stef+RedXX - Great match and it was fun casting with you stef, we keep talking about how good your kirby was on our way back home!

Xyro: Your tournaments are always the most fun for me, I get to meet the best people and everyone is so friendly. Having a broken air conditioning through out the whole thing only served to strengthen the bond of the smash community! We aren't here to be comfortable, we're hearing to play video games and find out who the best is!

@@ to anyone I missed, I promise I had fun talking to you and I hope we all see each other again soon.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Shoutout to the MLG site, usual
Also, for people who do not know about this top 8 for melee is on Sunday

Xyro77

I was mega tired last night so I didn't put up the results but we finished PSA 1vs1, ssb64 1vs1 and got down to top 8 in brawl/melee/PM.

Teams is also today.

Xyro77

I need to apologize to Mango and Hax, Flow and Soft, and Mojo and Jake for how teams finals was handled during WHOBO MLG tonight.

I am sorry that the event ran past the predicted and/or scheduled ending time. I'm also sorry for the way you had to be paid out in teams. I felt like It was the only realistic option that was available in the current situation. I hope what happened has not negatively impacted your opinion of me or the Texas smash community.

I take full responsibility of what happened and if there is any additional feedback from this experience please let me know because I have learned a great deal from this experience.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just got home. Fun games everyone. Thank you for letting me commentate, Chibo. I had a blast catching up with everyone.

Maaaaaybe a few restrictions on number of events players are allowed to enter for next time, Xyro. This weekend was just a bit... messy. :applejack:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
This was a fun tourny. Strange seeding at points, but I suppose there's only so much that can be done.

Sorry I couldn't stay for Sunday. Wasn't feeling good Saturday night/Sunday morning.

:059:

Zhea

Smash Ace
Had a lot of fun that weekend. Did better then expected with first week Falco, guess that's the power of a real top tier. Shout outs.

Xyro - Speaking as a TO, I am not surprised things ran the way they did. You guys always run so many events and try to be so inclusive, which is part of WHOBO's charm, but it also causes bracket hang ups like no other. I don't agree with how brackets were run and I don't agree with the 3 out of 5 sets, but I don't have the full picture and some of it was just the nature of the beast. You soldiered through it so good **** Xyro. Heard you got some better venues in your future, excited to see what you can do with more resources at your disposal.

Paul - Friendlies all day, I think that was the most games we've played since the last WHOBO. Was fun.
Dom - Your super fun to play dude. Never saw that fox shine shenanigan before.
Tuesday - was cool playing you day one, made my Falco look free.
Admiral - I see why Mike hate's this matchup now, glad we got to play.
Jake - Was fun hanging with you and the Houston crew. Good **** against SOS. Was a hype match. Shame it wasn't on stream.
Mojo - The pride of Texas. I think all those GG grand finals experience is paying huge dividends dude. Keep this up and you'll end up leaving the rest of Texas behind. Next PATS I'll hit you up for that housing and try and come down Friday for the GG tourney.
ARC - AGH I CAN'T GO NEXT WEEKEND I'M SORRY! Also that set against soft was hype. Had never seen those throw mixups.
JF - Wish we had got to play more. I'll make a point of it next time when my Falco isn't so free
GlibbyGlobby - I think this is the most we've ever hung out at a tourney. Was fun. Need to abuse your knowledge of Houston food more.
SleepyK - Thanks for the advice in the friendlies. I like your style. You exposed a lot of fundamental flaws in my Falco play.
Gar - I think this is the first time we've actually hung out at a tourney, it's a shame to see you go, hopefully we can play in the future
Jose - Had that Fellowship of the Ring kind of journey on the ride up. Thanks for pulling through dude. Also you are right. Bair is a pretty good move.
Oracle - Thanks for the advice on Rob. It's hard to stay motivated with PM. So many matchups that just make me want to quit life.
Noc - Good **** in bracket. Kind of knew that was going to happen with my fraud Falco. Should of played something spicier.

San Antonio - We pulled that together at the last minute. Good to see the number of hungry player's in SA has grown. SOON.

D

Deleted member

This looked fun as ****. Shoutouts to Xyro for being a hardworking TO.

Xyro77

Yeah, trying to do 12 events in 2 days is extremely hard. Spending 13-14 hours for 2 days barking out names is rough. Never again. You live and you learn though.

I do wanna thank Ultimate Razer and AirBrushKing (pot bonus, fliers, drink coupons.....etc) for helping out this weekend. Especially Razer. That man could literally replace me one day, TO wise. Never would have thought he was as good as he was.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Razer as TO? Interesting...

Shoutouts to all banks closing at 2PM on Saturday.

Last edited:

Zhea

Smash Ace
Please help me put characters to names. Top 8 at least.
I played Falco in Melee and Wolf in PM.

For melee
Jake uses Fox and Falco
Mojo uses Fox and Falcon
Arc uses Marth
PHO | Xica uses Falco
SOS uses Fox and Falco
Zero uses Fox
Soft uses Jiggs
Hax used Fox

For PM
Sethlon uses Roy
Zero uses Pit
Denti uses Ivysuar
Mango used Fox
Strawhat used Falcon

That's all I got for ya.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Allan, I did see a post on FB regarding late players not showing up on time on Sunday. Maybe moving forward we should be use the MLG late entrant rules as long as there isn't any overlap of the players participating in different events.
  • Players late to their station within 5 minutes of their match's announcement will forfeit their first game. 10 minutes late will result in a forfeit of the best of 3 game match or the second game of the best of 5/7/11 match. 15 minutes late will result in a forfeit of the best of 5/7/11 match. If both teams forfeit the match, the higher seeded player/team will win the match.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Zero won PM singles btw, not Sethlon.

Shout out to the guy who accused me of rigging his loser bracket to where he played the guy he played in winners.
P.S. I didn't.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
****, rigging losers bracket? You are the worst aspiring TO ever.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Now that Whobo MLG is over I would like to give a huge shoutout to everyone that came and supported this event and MLG for this opportunity. I had a blast this weekend catching up with everyone and enjoyed meeting all the new people. I want to thank Chibo/Clash Tournaments for streaming this event and everyone that brought setups and helped setup the venue. I appreciate Zuma management for letting us have the venue after closing hours.

I want to give a special shoutout to Arron from Nintendo for giving out free nintendo gifts to the entire venue. I will be talking with Nintendo about future sponsorship for the TGC series.

For those who missed the announcement the new championship series is called Texas Gaming Championships (TGC). This new series will replace HOBO/TYS (FGC Games) and will be doing these events 1 month and a half apart from each other leading up to the national event that will replace WHOBO. For more information about TGC visit www.TGCseries.com and like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TexasGamingChampionships

Whobo MLG had a total of 200 people in attendance and we are continuing to grow every year. We have outgrown Zuma so next year the new yearly series will be at a hotel and will announce the name of the new yearly series at a later time. It was good seeing Mango/HAX and all the out of towners that had a great time and look forward to seeing you all at our next event. All Whobo players was paid in full and I will post the group pictures along with the champion images soon so stay tuned!

Last edited:

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
dude, where's the bracket?

is clash tournament now a pay only streamer? will vids be uploaded to YT? is it possible to see vids thru MLG archive?

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
I need the project m bracket for our power rankings. Preferrably just a copy of the tio file

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
I see that this was a MLG qualifier
and melee teams didn't finish and melee singles top 8 didn't start until 11pm Sunday, less than half of which was streamed
and yet they finished brawl singles with extra-long sets, teams, various low-tier tournaments, PM singles and teams
who let those things happen?

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
There was a pretty clear lack of planning. Saving Melee for last because it's 'hype' is well and good if, you know, it finishes. TO's need to get used to the larger event numbers we're seeing and respond appropriately. Like, maybe, not having 12 events, or not making everything 3/5.

I mean, did we really need Brawl low tier singles and doubles?

Denti

Smash Master
Several things.

- Mango is hard
- Why did I not remember I had a pit for Brawl Doubles grand finals? I was basically on the ledge anyway LOL.
- congrats to zero
- change results to CT | TLoc | Denti. Please change results to include my sponsor.
- sorry megafox for saying 3 out of 5 and screwing our shot of winning Mid tier.
- I'm OP in Project M 2 v 2.
- I'm more powerful than 4loko
- Shout outs to most of my Brawl games lasting only 2 min long. Thanks Project Mmmmm.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
There was a pretty clear lack of planning. Saving Melee for last because it's 'hype' is well and good if, you know, it finishes. TO's need to get used to the larger event numbers we're seeing and respond appropriately. Like, maybe, not having 12 events, or not making everything 3/5.

I mean, did we really need Brawl low tier singles and doubles?
I mean Brawl low tier has always been a thing in past Whobo events. I understand people who might be upset because it's an MLG qualifier and Brawl side tournaments shouldn't take precedence, but we should also understand that by the end of the day, this is still a Whobo tournament that attracts Brawl players far and wide for being such a fun event. I'm not saying that the scheduling was done right (to be honest, I don't know what I would've done), but there is another side to this and I just wanted to point it out.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Shoutouts to Leaf for housing and talking me into going to this tourny and getting me to start playing Project M.
Kirby - Double Zelda is too fun.
Trygg - I shall train you and you will destroy!
Espy - Dude! Your hair! Last time I saw you, you looked way different.
Trela - Nice Roy in PM. Sucks how it ended for you though.
Xyro - Thanks for hosting this event.
Razer - You did a really good job running this too.
Gnes - I had fun in our set. A lot better than 2 years ago when I'd just be nervous and feel defeated before the match even started.
Axxo - Good to see you again. You're beast at PM.
Dingding - Crazy seeing you again after... 4 or 5 years was it?

Shoutouts to everyone else too. I'm tired and got finals to study for and can't think and stuff yeah. /johns.

Gonna start playing Project M a lot now probably. It's fun. I was just using Sheik cause I'm extremely new to PM, and I know her from Brawl. Probably gonna main Lucario though.

:059:

aspirin cookie

Smash Cadet
It was nice seeing all the Bros. again . Shout outs to all the local competitors ! Many great sets , as usual , had a damn good time . WHOBO . :b:

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I see that this was a MLG qualifier
and melee teams didn't finish and melee singles top 8 didn't start until 11pm Sunday, less than half of which was streamed
and yet they finished brawl singles with extra-long sets, teams, various low-tier tournaments, PM singles and teams
who let those things happen?
Basically, brawl was never streamed the entire first day so it got stream time the second day. Secondly, melee was saved till last BECAUSE it was the main event. You know, like most tournaments especially majors actually do. Third, everyone sucked and showed up like an hour and a half late day 2. Fourth, from what I heard, they were told they had an hour less than they thought of venue time halfway through the day.

crucifix

Smash Rookie
Pretty neat event. Regretted not competing.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with me and my camera shenanigans. Special thanks to chibo for letting me move around the stream setup over and over again.

Video will be out soonish.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
PS Allstars results - Congrats to my brother for getting 1st in his first ever PSAS tournament!

1v1
1st. Tot ($54) Kat
2nd. OneCombo ($27.60) Kratos, Ratchet, various other sandbagging characters
3rd. Xavier ($15.60) PaRapa, Sackboy
4th. RedX ($10.80) PaRappa
5th. Ginta ($6) Sackboy
5th. TXToast ($6) Kratos
7th. Iggy Fat Princess
7th. Hylen Fat Princess, Evil Cole
9th. O9 Sackboy
9th. Megafox Cole McGrath
9th. SAS544 Sly, Jak
9th. Scottish_Tubist Big Daddy

2v2
3-way tie for 1st
1st TxToast (Kratos, Drake)+OneCombo (Kratos)
1st RedX (PaRappa)+O9(Sackboy)
1st Iggy (Fat Princess)+Hylen (Evil Cole, Drake)
4th BC (Kratos, Drake)+Tot(Kat)
5th Ginta (Drake, Sackboy)+Scottish_Tubist (Big Daddy)
6th Megafox(Evil Cole)+SilentManny (Zeus, Heihachi)

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Basically, brawl was never streamed the entire first day so it got stream time the second day. Secondly, melee was saved till last BECAUSE it was the main event. You know, like most tournaments especially majors actually do. Third, everyone sucked and showed up like an hour and a half late day 2. Fourth, from what I heard, they were told they had an hour less than they thought of venue time halfway through the day.
Why should brawl get any significant stream time at a MLG qualifier on any day, let alone 7 or 8 hours? I understand WHOBO's roots as a predominantly brawl tournament, but this was, again, a qualifier for a melee championship event. Hax vs Soft, a Winners Semis match that lots of people wanted to see, was held offstream as a result of best of 5 / best of 7 brawl sets. Brawl mid/low teams finished whereas melee teams didn't.
As someone earlier said, it's all well and good to save the main event for last for "hype" if everything else finishes at a reasonable time. 11pm and later on a Sunday night after a long day of heat exhaustion (see below) and side events is not primetime, or in any way fair to the players who came out to Texas thanks to this somehow being a MLG qualifier with accompanying seeding points.

On that note, I'm pretty sure people showed up late day 2 because nobody wanted to spend extra time in a venue with no AC and no abundance of setups during 105 degree heat - and from what I heard from players who attended this tournament, players were essentially trapped at the saunavenue by being threatened with DQs if they left. If they thought they didn't have much time left at the venue, why would they respond by still holding the side events and pushing melee later?

Last edited:

d-man2292

Smash Apprentice
NNID
d-man2292
d-man2292 used dr. mario!

shoutouts

mango - your were super chill bro, we didnt get to fight but theres always next time

xyro - your tourney was fun as hell and i hope you do more, you had alot on your plate but i'm glad you found a way to make it work

hax - thanks for giving me your back story xD awesome matches btw

denti - bro you didnt bring the bus and you took my bottle of water's chair, talk about rude! jk but good job with your placing

sethlon & oracle - commentating was awesome with you guys! we should do it again

aerolink - give me some train time and i'll figure out how to get around that pesky boomerang!

Jnig - I WANT A REMATCH

ponkapa - Super Mario Team for life!

wtblake - i hope to see you guys are future tourneys

yourbestfriendscoo - hey man come back to Texas anytime! you still need to beat me

gooz - hope you had a good drive back man

southerngent - it aint over bro, tell your ness to watch his back!!!

anyone else i'm forgetting - thanks for playing! sorry if i forgot ya!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Fair points about melee not finishing since this was an MLG tourney.

But I would like to say, as someone who didn't go and was curious about what was going on, this tourney was boring as ****.

I'm cool with Melee being the headliner, but all anybody talked about when I tuned in was Melee. If you're going have a large tourney with multiple events, they deserve equal air time. I missed Sunday with Brawl because of hoops, but **** me was Saturday boring.

If tourneys going forward until Smash 4 are all MLG Melee and "**** everything else", enjoy yourselves. If you want a real fan base and growth you have to stop being selfish pricks. My opinion may not mean much, but I guarantee the casual fighter fans like me who are fine leaving Smash behind for a "real" fighter are larger in number than the **** riders who complain.

I hope someone in charge of running these things at least thinks about it. Don't sell out your event's enjoyment for the sake of pleasing the biggest names. And don't misinterpret me, I thought Melee Finals was great. But I really do believe that if this event wasn't an MLG event people would have had more fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom