• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
LOL don't sidebet on me in brawl without MK (not even sure if i would enter yet). have next to no knowledge or experience with other chars or MUs except MK vs <insert matchup>. I did this on purpose since 2008 because I decided there was no reason to learn anything other than MK vs <MU> since he can handle anything. I play many chars in Melee/PM. Only Kirby in 64 and only MK in Melee.
When I got a notification saying you replied to this thread I was expecting some serious consideration of my awesome idea that I posted right above you. Thanks for getting my hopes up you weiner.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
LOL don't sidebet on me in brawl without MK (not even sure if i would enter yet). have next to no knowledge or experience with other chars or MUs except MK vs <insert matchup>. I did this on purpose since 2008 because I decided there was no reason to learn anything other than MK vs <MU> since he can handle anything. I play many chars in Melee/PM. Only Kirby in 64 and only MK in Melee.

MK in Melee? What copy of Melee do you have? :smirk:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
WHATEVER YOU know what I MEANT

anyways I am willing to do money matches with the following:
Melee: Sheik Marth Fox Mewtwo Roy Falcon Peach Falco Doc, maybe samus and some others idk yet you'll have to request specific things but definitely those above
PM: pretty much any Melee character that is in PM
64: Kirby
Brawl: MK

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718

Melee: Sheik Marth Fox Mewtwo Roy Falcon Peach Falco Doc, maybe samus and some others idk yet you'll have to request specific things but definitely those above

I know, M2K. I'm just messing with you a little.

I'll take any of those bets except for Brawl because your MK is godly. :p

Tesh

Smash Hero
If you aren't entering singles, then all the hype is gone. Good luck though.

Dang thats alot of money I could have collected if you did well.

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice

I might pay 5$ or 10$ just to put into persepective how bad my Sheik is

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
any word on housing updates for Texas players? I've tried contacting Sync in regards to housing for three out of my area that are riding with me to no response.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Have you tried facebook? Esca and Sync both said they are housing so I would contact them there. Sync is ip banned from smashboards so if you pmed him here, he wont be able to read it.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Have you tried facebook? Esca and Sync both said they are housing so I would contact them there. Sync is ip banned from smashboards so if you pmed him here, he wont be able to read it.

I've gone as far as to send Sync a PM over Facebook. I guess I could try PMing him again, if not I can try Esca for housing my players that are coming down. Thanks Tesh :)

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Are you 100% confirmed to come to whobo? I assume this since you say your willing to do money matches...

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I definitely will have to bring money for one or two Marth dittos with M2K if I end up getting to come ... just to see where I could improve since I main him in Brawl.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I went over to syncs last night I talked to him about housing for whobo. His space at his apartment is very limited so he can only house 10 people and it will be on a 1st come 1st serve basis. Everyone else that needs housing will have to check with esca or stay at the holiday inn suites which is located down the street from the venue. If you need housing at syncs PM me your name/number and how many people are staying so I can make a list and give it to sync since he does not get on smashboards often. This way everyone does not have to rely on sync responding because I will give the list to him and he will make a decision from there. Those who haven't booked your hotel at the holiday inn i suggest you do so asap before the rooms sell out!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
WOOOOOOOOOooooooOoOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOoooO

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm a wolf main here in Texas looking for a team mate. If you are going to Apocalypse (Denti's) tournament ill be there.
No one from my are (Amarillo) is going. I play wolf and I like to be the agressor. I usually work well with a defensive player. Hit me up ^_^

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WAIT WHAT?! SWF IS BACK!?!?!?!?!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ok so SWF has been down for like 25 days or something and that really ate into our WHOBO discussions/reminders/advertising time. If you dont mind, please read below to catch yourself up on some things that you may or may not have been following when we had to move to stupid FaceBook these past 25 days.

1. Smash 64 1vs1/2vs2 will happen at WHOBO 5. We will take sign-ups at the door for that game.

2. M2k is going to this. He cant use MK though so i think he will try to use Falco.

3.Venue fee is frozen at 40$ until the day of the event. NOTE: online registration closes on Oct 11th. You can still sign up at the door though.

4. Sync and Esca's apartments are filling up so if you wanna lock in a cheap or greatly reduced housing situation/rides please contact them ASAP by PM or FaceBook. https://www.facebook.com/austin.bastidaramos?fref=ts and https://www.facebook.com/brent.berwick?fref=ts

5. if you need partners for any smash game, please make a post here. I know a ton of people need them.

6. Please bring a full set-up. A full set-up is a wii/smash disc/tv. Without lots of set-ups, this event will be slow and you will not have ample time for MMs/Friendlies

Ok other than that i think we are covered on everything. All i ask is that you continue to spread this WHOBO 5 stuff all over AiB/SWF/FB and whatever social/smash sites you are apart of. Though i had no control over the DDoS attack, i apologize on behalf of SWF for the long as repair time. I really hope it doesnt happen again.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Hey, I'm a wolf main here in Texas looking for a team mate. If you are going to Apocalypse (Denti's) tournament ill be there.
No one from my are (Amarillo) is going. I play wolf and I like to be the agressor. I usually work well with a defensive player. Hit me up ^_^
I will probably be there, and I am defensive as all hell.

BSP

Smash Legend
2 things:

Does Mid Tier include the borderline tier that's in V7?

Are you sure the venue has DDR?

steep

Smash Lord
Hey I am from the MW and am going to this tourney but I haven't registered because I REALLY want to do doubles but I don't have a partner. Anyone care to remedy this? I play Olimar/Luigi/Mario in teams. I would be interested in entering Mid tier doubles, and regular doubles. Let me know! This will be my first TX tourney and I am super hyped!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
2 things:

Does Mid Tier include the borderline tier that's in V7?

Are you sure the venue has DDR?
Yes borderline tier is included. ill even allow GW since hes not that bad in singles.

as for ddr, watch the video on the OP. it shows you the arcade area. there are 3-4 ddr machines. i dont remember exactly but there might even be an ITG machine. ITG is superior to ddr in every way.

Hey I am from the MW and am going to this tourney but I haven't registered because I REALLY want to do doubles but I don't have a partner. Anyone care to remedy this? I play Olimar/Luigi/Mario in teams. I would be interested in entering Mid tier doubles, and regular doubles. Let me know! This will be my first TX tourney and I am super hyped!
Go ahead and register for EVERYTHING you want except for teams. You can still sign up for teams AT the venue for teams. there will be people who need partners when u arrive.

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
Check the facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/384791671639249/ there are some people looking for teammates there. Make a post and see who wants to team with you. Hope this helps.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
This is a 10 minute drive from my house.

:V

I'd be playing link in P:M if it wasn't for his new boomerang. Now I'll just be flailing around as D3 for full 8-minute games; apologies in advance.

Top Bottom