• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
espy just switch to MK and then your fee is free

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
lolololololol come on man. i guess you are not used to my posts. take nothing i say seriously.
no dude you crossed a line. you'll be hearing from my attorney.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm working on getting DJ Nintendo to come to WHOBO 5. I want him there so that I can face him. :D

:applejack:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hey XYRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's put yesterday scuffle behind us because i need to figure out how to get from the airport to wherever the hell it is i need to go.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Hey all,

I'm new here, and interested in coming to a brawl tournament. I'm wondering if this would be a good place to start, as I live fairly close to Whobo, and I would hope that this would be the start of many tournaments. The thing is though, is that this would be my first tournament, and I feel like you guys might be a lot better than me, so I would like to hear some opinions if this would be a good place for me to start coming to some tournaments. Thanks.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Hey all,

I'm new here, and interested in coming to a brawl tournament. I'm wondering if this would be a good place to start, as I live fairly close to Whobo, and I would hope that this would be the start of many tournaments. The thing is though, is that this would be my first tournament, and I feel like you guys might be a lot better than me, so I would like to hear some opinions if this would be a good place for me to start coming to some tournaments. Thanks.
Hey NeonBurrito,

I feel like this would be a great tournament experience for you, due to the fact that it'll be fairly large with lots of talent there. You'd be able to play a lot of different people and learn a lot from it. Don't be shy to ask someone to play, regardless of how good they are. The smash community is generally nice (can't speak for everyone), and won't be complete assholes. Be sure to ask people for advice after you play them, too! Your 1st tournament should solely have the goals of learning, and having fun. And if you happen to do well, then that's always a bonus.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Hey NeonBurrito,

I feel like this would be a great tournament experience for you, due to the fact that it'll be fairly large with lots of talent there. You'd be able to play a lot of different people and learn a lot from it. Don't be shy to ask someone to play, regardless of how good they are. The smash community is generally nice (can't speak for everyone), and won't be complete *******s. Be sure to ask people for advice after you play them, too! Your 1st tournament should solely have the goals of learning, and having fun. And if you happen to do well, then that's always a bonus.
Thanks for that, I'll be sure to go then.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
hey XYRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's put yesterday scuffle behind us because i need to figure out how to get from the airport to wherever the hell it is i need to go.

What airport?
Where do you wanna go? Hotel? Syncs? WHOBO?
What day/time will u arrive??

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
What airport?
Where do you wanna go? Hotel? Syncs? WHOBO?
What day/time will u arrive??
I'm arriving on friday at 11am at hobby but my friend is now picking me up. I'll have to talk to whoever the heck is housing me about getting back and forth 2 WHOBO 5. How do I get from whobo back to the airport for 5am monday?

Tesh

Smash Hero
i know this is a long shot but ill come and team with whoever pays my ticket or most of it. I'm not expecting to get a positive response to this, but I'm just throwing it out there just in case I get lucky.
huh, you talking about a plane ticket? singles and doubles would already be free for you.

you are that last person I expected to show interest in this, it would be exciting if you could come to this. where would you be coming from? couldn't you just use megabus?

Tesh

Smash Hero
i assume school would get in the way of you megabussing to this then?

Xyro77

I'm arriving on friday at 11am at hobby but my friend is now picking me up. I'll have to talk to whoever the heck is housing me about getting back and forth 2 WHOBO 5. How do I get from whobo back to the airport for 5am monday?

if you are housing with sync, i am pretty sure there will be multiple cars there to help you get to the airport

Tesh

Smash Hero
Houston is legendary for allowing people to get places late though.

5AM isn't that bad though. Most people wont even be asleep by then.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Waiting for rewards points at the end of the month so I can buy a somewhat affordable plane ticket. Then I'll pay for venue+singles+etc...

:018:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
ACTUALLY... im not sure who im housing with cause sync never responded and esca responded at first but then didnt respond after i confirmed my attendance. worse comes to worst i'm sure i can moneymatch someone for their apartment

Tesh

Smash Hero
did you message sync on smashboards? he is ip banned, use facebook

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
also wow what the heck do you have to do to get ip banned from this place....................???

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
cuz imma get ***** with mk banned but id come just to try for fun anyways

edit - dude i live in NJ tickets are like 300+ usually ( i think). If someone would get me 200 id prolly come to this
2much4me srybro

Xyro77

ACTUALLY... im not sure who im housing with cause sync never responded and esca responded at first but then didnt respond after i confirmed my attendance. worse comes to worst i'm sure i can moneymatch someone for their apartment
Keep trying. people WILL give rides and house.

sync almost never says no. u may just need a ride there. it shouldn't be a big deal.

you can also post on the AiB whobo thread as well as the FB WHOBO group. people check all of that

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I think I'm hoteling now but if it comes down to it I will annoy the **** out of anyone with a car

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Chances of me going are kinda slim. If I can go(its acheduled for weekend before my wife's birthday) I'd need to carpool with someone since my car can't make that drive, and I would need housing.

Top Bottom