• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who was your first main?

64: Link
Melee: Marth <3
Brawl: First, I started with Marth, and went "Oh crap he got nerfed D:" then changed to Ike without realizing Meta was even on the roster. After a few hundred fights with Ike I FINALLY realized MK was there and went "Wait...how long has he been there D:?!" now I main MK and my secondaries are Ike and Marth.

AshesOfWorlds

Smash Rookie
I played as pretty much everyone up until I got Brawl. When I first played it, I went straight for Ike. Then I realised there was more to this game than f-smashing everyone else. So I went through nearly every other character until I wound up with a C. Falcon/Dedede combo. But I still play as a few others, just nowhere near as well.

ika

Smash Rookie
SSB64 - Kirby, with some Fox and Pikachu thrown in. Eventually I transitioned to C. Falcon and owned face. Lots of it.
Melee - didn't play much of it, so mostly played Marth for kicks when I wasn't playing Random.
Brawl - with friends, I play Random, but my first serious good character was Pikachu, because he was fairly similar to his previous counterparts. Then I figured out how to play G&W, which became my real "main". With that, I have a G&W main, and secondaries in.... Marth, Snake (learning), Lucario (learning), TL (learning), Ness, Pikachu, Diddy, ROB, Falco... yeah. I like to pick upper tier players that are fun to play in my own style.

D

Deleted member

The first character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl I mained was Mario. My current main is Sonic.

In the original game and Super Smash Bros. Melee, I mained Mario.

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
Believe it or not, on the night the game was released and for a few months after, it was Meta. He was the only character I could really get a feel for.

I've since moved on.

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
Ike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eduardomsc

Smash Rookie
back when I bought Brawl, I mained Ike. about a year after it, I got into Snake, and he's my main ever since, and I'm currently learning to use MK as well.

in Melee, i didn't had a main character, I didn't mind competitive gaming at all.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
64: Pikachu (The only character I knew of when I was young XD) now I main Ness.
Melee: Ness (Following on from 64) now I main Ice Climbers.
Brawl: Ice Climbers (Following on from Melee) now I main everyone.

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
I quickly main on Fox at the first day I ever played SSB64.

That's solely because I loved Star Fox 64 very much when I was little kid.

I still main on Fox all the way >_^

Thany

Smash Journeyman

I'm gonna include my first 2 friends in this, considering we go waaaay back to SSB64,

--------------SSB64--------------Melee---------Brawl
------Me: Link(usually green)--Roy------------Lucario (WTF???Pattern destroyed!)
Friend 1: Link (usually red)-----YoungLink-----Toon Link
Friend 2: Link (ALWAYS blue)-Link(Blue)------Link(Blue.Her favourite colour for...everthing ;3)

So we start as our hero time, still go on as sword-users,
then my furry side posses me after crying my eyes out for Roy.
Not maining a swordsman is a new and scary experience for me...

But I'm loving it! :D

...but still crying for Roy... ;_;

DZLE

Smash Master
In 64 I liked donkey kong when I was a noob. Now I use Jigglypuff as my competitive main.

In Melee I liked Doctor Mario when I was a noob. Now I use Falco as my competitive main.

In Brawl I like Wario when I was a noob. Now I use Snake as my competitive main.

@Thany Don't cry for Roy, just use him and play Melee. We all know Roy is greater in Melee than he ever would be in Brawl.

Just like every character.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
In 64 I used Pikachu like pretty much everyone else, but once I played the game long enough with all my friends around when Melee was out, I was pretty good with everyone but Link, DK, Mario and Luigi.

In Melee I went from Link to Dr. Mario to Ice Climbers and pretty much stuck with the IC's and picked up Falco and Marth on the side.

In Brawl I used Toon Link for a long time, then Dedede and settled on Diddy. Now that I'm back, I'll probably play Diddy and IC's and maybe pick up Falco/Marth/MK on the side.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
In 64 my first was Luigi, and Luigi still is my main.

In Melee Pichu was my main, then it changed to Mewtwo.

Brawl was originally Ike. Now it's Olimar.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
64 -back in the day i mained kirby, if i play it now id go fox/kirby
melee - i mained captian falcon forever utill i gradually moved to marth when i started playing competitively.
Brawl - ice climbers, im still kinda new to brawl.

Silly Wizard

Smash Rookie
In 64, I started as Link. It carried over in Melee, until I switched to Roy (then ended with Ganon). In Brawl, started as Pit.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
mains:

64: Samus (i always liked that hot chick in a power suit)
Melee: Samus (Carried over, and i'll never forget. still awesome as hell)
Brawl: Samus/ZSS( I CAN PLAYS HER IN HER HOTNESS FORM!)

Secondarys.

64: Link, just to poke things.
Melee:Link/Fox/Falco/MewTwo/Peach
Brawl: Link/Ike/Peach/fox/Falco

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
SSB64 • Link
Melee • Mewtwo
Brawl • Sonic

I know main Falcon in 64. I main Ganondorf in Melee and use Link as a secondary. And in Brawl? I still main Sonic.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Apparently tons of people loved Roy, lol. Too bad he sucked competitively.

64: Luigi/Kirby
Melee: Young Link, Roy, Ganon, some Marth
Brawl: Don't play it much anymore, but mostly Pit, Marth, and D3 when I do

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, let's see:

SBB64: Kirby or Samus

SSBM: Bowser (technically Kirby)

I wanted to replay Samus but it was no use, as with Kirby well he got nerfed in Melee, I wanted to main Mewtwo but he was just to light for my tastes, Bowser on the other hand was a perfect candidate and after a while i ended up playing only as Bowser

SSB Brawl: Ike, Bowser, Kirby

Like I said, I've always liked heavy characters and Ike fits the part perfectly, aside from that I love the character Ike, After playing PoR on gamecube for so much, I just fell in love with it.

Bowser is still good, though I have to admit it is a bit difficult now that tripping has been added, (I don't use Homebrew, I would like to though, but I don't know how!).

Kirby well.... let's just say his moves got buffed up again and knowing this I just can't ignore the little guy.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
64: Ness.
Melee: I think it was fox but I'm not sure.
Brawl: Pit.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Melee: First Link now its Marth

Brawl: First Link now its Olimar

I just <3 Link

smashless gama

Smash Cadet
In 64 I started off with Link, then found him slow. To this day I use Fox.
In Melee I started off with Roy, and still love him now, but it's a five-way tie between him, Marth, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, and Sheik. (I have no favorite.)
In Brawl I started out addicted to Snake, but my N64 qualities kicked in and needed someone faster so I chose Marth. :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Wow, my thread already have 8 pages!
It's my only thread that didn't died!
lol

Anyways, I can't remember who I started with in 64 or melee, but in Brawl I started with Dedede. Our love didn't last very long though....

ltemerpoc

Smash Rookie
i would say back before everything.... i would main mario in 64 because of his throw that required you to turn the control stick around in a circle in order to do the WHOLE throw... i just thought it was so tight... melee never played because i honestly thought smash wasnt a real fighting game.. but brawl started me up for competitve play and i got rocked by so many people when i was fox... so i was like... who is powerful and annoying and awesome.... and well 2 dimensions lol.... so i mained game and watch and loved him ever since...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I started off playing as Bowser in Melee. I would always kill my bro as him, so I felt I was pretty good. Once I started actually playing decent people, I had to main someone else. I chose Samus, and strangely, that's what got me into my Metroid craze, because shortly after, I got Metroid Prime...and she's still my main in Brawl, I guess. MK's a main too, but due to many complaints, I usually play as Samus. Metroid Forever

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64: Then-> Samus
Smash 64: Now -> Mario (I like his F-Smash)

Melee: Then-> Bowser (I was so excited to play as Bowser)
Melee: Now -> Marth (Falco secondary)

Brawl: Then-> Falco
Brawl: Now-> Too many characters. I started maining Link, then I went to Wolf. I felt like a needed a second main, so I picked up Lucas, then switched to Sonic. Sonic Became my main main and then Diddy became a secondary. Now I am making a decision to main Bowser only, and second everyone else.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
Melee was the first Smash game that I ever played, and during that time I was drawn to Kirby, a character that most would agree is very easy for noobs. Once I became less noobish, I actually adopted Falco as my main because of all of the ATs I was learning (wavedashing, SHDL, etc.). However, after watching The Kirby Cheat I became inspired to main Kirby again in Melee.

After Brawl came out, that connection has never faded, and I have always played my best whenever I was Kirby. And now in Brawl, I have three major mains -- Kirby, ROB, and Link (the last two are not necessarily in that order).

Out of curiousity, what do you think that your mains in the future might be?

Top Bottom