• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
GG's to a Wario named J. I was the gold Sonic. Those were fun matches we had, but sadly it had to be cut short because of connection problems (which was most likely on my part, sorry). I learned a lot about the Wario MU from you and I hope we can have more fun matches (maybe without the lag, too :p)

PairODucks

Smash Rookie
[Wii U] Good games to @ PairODucks PairODucks who used red MegaMan! Definitely one of the best Mega Man players I've fought to date, you clearly knew what you were doing, and those uppercuts were very scary indeed. Good games once again! I had so much fun. I was the black Marth and default Robin with the tag "Matsu".
Good games indeed! I'm still cringing from the shield breaks you got on me. Let's play again sometime!

greniño

Smash Rookie
NNID
zanybr0
shouts out to user creditcard playing last night. I was mostly playing as captain and playing with the tag "YEET."

Thanks for teaching me some mario technique and letting me work on short hop attacks. Some good games and I learned at lot from you! You're really good.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
@Phoenix502

Good games, nice meeting someone from Smashboards on For Glory. I have to say, you gave me a run for my money. I had to stick with my main the whole time because I'd probably lose with anyone else. I found all that trading we did in that Ike fight amusing, you also had a great hard read with that U-Smash.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
GGS to Nephy4 and Chris

Whoever daniel was, he was salty.

and pitbull, yeah id be able to handle that lucario if i wasnt needed at that moment so i had to go (****ing mistakes robin pls)

anyway havent done this in awhile, hope i find one of you.

Last edited:

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Shout out to Jason on the 3ds version. You played an awesome Meta Knight (probably the best I have seen), I was using Mr. Game and Watch and you beat me both rounds with both being very close games. I loved the combos you did with Meta Knight and the insane mind games you played were amazing! I only wished I used R.O.B. against you...

Sonic Prower

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-1479-1886
My name is Sonic Prower. I usually go by SonicPr... on the 3DS. I'm also a mean Sonic (I think) and like to go ham on spring jump if you fall off the stage.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I know this is mainly for calling out good players, but I feel this deserves a mention.
To shadow on 3ds, those matches were some of the worst I've had in weeks.
For context, he played projectile spammers only (Toon Link, someone i can't recall, and Mewtwo.), taunted after each stock, and then left after winning one match. On top of this, the lag in these games was so real you don't even know.
If you read this, which I don't why you would, please actually get good. Rolling all over the stage and pressing the B button is not good play.

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
Good games to the one with the in-game name of DeadHand from Florida! You had an awesome Zelda, and I think you're actually the first Zelda I've played in For Glory 1v1. Hopefully you see this, and I'd really love to play again sometime!

I had the in-game name 'Mateo' and played Lucina with Cordelia's color scheme.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
These types seem to leave after one game. I almost never play against ROB on FG but it seems like they all use the same way of playing now: Aerial uncharged Gyro at the start of the match, try to combo that into a Nair, repeat until kill percent, then spam usmash. Laser game is almost completely nonexistent, and they get lost when I pick up the gyro.

Luigi....just fish for grabs all day and dthrow to fair/down B until dead.

I guess I'm only doing this to myself by playing For Glory though.

I did get a new controller today and found myself playing a lot smoother, though. Big relief off my chest because I started to doubt my ability to play.

*Feels bad because usually starts out with short hop uncharged Gyro myself*

Sonic Prower

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-1479-1886
I met a fun and competent player on 3DS. I cannot remember his name but he played a pretty good Mega Man and a super great Sonic. I was able to defeat his Mega Man, as I'm pretty used to people who play Mega Man the way he did but I wasn't at all prepared for his Sonic. He mauled me quite a few times. Sadly, by the time I was catching on to his playstyle, he left.

Fun times were had, though. He also greeted me with a taunt at the beginning of our first battle, which I always take as a good sign.
That sounds familiar. I do remember fighting a Tulip♪. Were you Peach on the first fight?

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Played a for glory link on the 3ds whos name was L.J.
I hope he knows I think he is a casual :troll:

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Great Games to another ROB user by the screen names of "AilCenti" on 3DS FG. Had to go because my 3DS was dying and on red.

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
[3DS] Just spent over an hour on FG against a player named Juan from the US.
Wow those were some of the best and hypest matches I've played ever! You are a fantastic and respectful opponent and I loved how whoever I played as, you would pay as on the next round.
GGs man I really hope you're on smashboards :D

Last edited:

3swag5u

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pedromoreno444
3DS FC
0104-2098-4887
I know this is mainly for calling out good players, but I feel this deserves a mention.
To shadow on 3ds, those matches were some of the worst I've had in weeks.
For context, he played projectile spammers only (Toon Link, someone i can't recall, and Mewtwo.), taunted after each stock, and then left after winning one match. On top of this, the lag in these games was so real you don't even know.
If you read this, which I don't why you would, please actually get good. Rolling all over the stage and pressing the B button is not good play.
I don't understand why people with really bad internet even bother to play online. Sometimes I think they're using McDonald's wi-fi

BBC7

Smash Ace
Meet a guy named JERMS on Wii U For Glory, is it this @ Jerm Jerm ? I'm doubtful but JERMS was the most competent opponent I've faced today so I felt like searching up his name.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Hours ago, I played against a skilled player in Wii U named Just=). Those were some really fun Mario dittos. He sent me a friend request when I left. How nice.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Meet a guy named JERMS on Wii U For Glory, is it this @ Jerm Jerm ? I'm doubtful but JERMS was the most competent opponent I've faced today so I felt like searching up his name.
Nawww i dont use the tag Jerms- sorry m8 = 3

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Time passed, and here I am posting Part 2! GGs to:
Jigsaw: First Megaman I meet that camps with Metal Blade and *the bomb*.
Fer: I began losing twice (or thrice?), but later I did win twice! Those were fun games. Falcon vs. Lucina is always cool because it remembers the hype days!
Blac: Our matches were pretty nice! Could stay for the Ness match tho. I learnt how Rage-mode Bowser is dangerous!
Raul: Your Mario was pretty good and it's one of the few that does not use the Down Throw to Up-Special combo. When are people going to see that kill moves are not meant to be used that early?!
Hector: Your Kirby was one of the few that didn't make the dance at the beginning. Whatever, that was a nice Ditto!
Sporadic-C: That's the most different Sonic I've faced. I'm not joking!
Shu: I'm getting better against Zeldas! You are one of the few offensive Zeldas I've ever faced, even with Farore's Wind shenanigans!
Raven: You play pretty well! The song was actually pressure for me.
Zack Duke: Is that all? Is that all? Is that all?
Pedro: Why do some Marth/ Lucina players think roll-evading is so effective???!!! Dang it, they have no projectiles at all!
gubi: I honestly thought there would be more Mewtwos in FG fter he was released. I love that he sleeps with crossed arms. It's pretty funny. You do pretty well.
Matt: Good Yoshi! I didn't know his Down-Air was so damaging.
Jack: The Knee made justice again. Also, I loved punishing Spamus with Ganon!
PoketAsian: You did pretty well, just use the Dash Attack less often or else you will be too obvious.
Kevin: I thought the Flare Blitz age ended. The olé at the end was pretty sick. If you didn't resort to Spam Mode I would say that you were pretty good.
vegito: You play a good Mario.
Bronson 15: Your Ganon is pretty fast! Good Down-Smash punish.
Dee: The Falcon Ditto was pretty cool! Show me your moves! I even saved a replay of your combo, which is pretty rare.
Ryan: Better nerf Greninja. He looked much better with you.
That's all for today, folks!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I had two amazing matches with a Dr. Mario named MeleeHD yesterday. Those were some of the most intense yet still enjoyable matches I ever had, thanks! I was the green biker Wario named Brandon.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS] Just spent over an hour on FG against a player named Juan from the US.
Wow those were some of the best and hypest matches I've played ever! You are a fantastic and respectful opponent and I loved how whoever I played as, you would pay as on the next round.
GGs man I really hope you're on smashboards :D
I might know the guy. What character(s) did he use?

frownifdown

Smash Rookie
B182 here, just played against ShadwLuig! for a good hour or so. We were both Captain Falcon (pink and purple). Most fun I've had the entire time owning the game and I feel it made me a lot better as a Falcon player.

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
I might know the guy. What character(s) did he use?
He started with mewtwo, but then he was pretty much using whoever I used. Characters such as villager, marth, luigi, Rob, kirby, and then we had a couple matches where he was pacman and I was villager. They were some of the best matches! This guy is probably good with every character, but I don't know his main. That's all I can remember.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I had a ton of matches with this guy named Jayblade. We were pretty evenly skilled and it seemed like if I won than he won the next time, I hope that he's on here somewhere so we can exchange Friend Codes.

Last edited:

Kyntelle

Smash Rookie
Good games to the one with the in-game name of DeadHand from Florida! You had an awesome Zelda, and I think you're actually the first Zelda I've played in For Glory 1v1. Hopefully you see this, and I'd really love to play again sometime!

I had the in-game name 'Mateo' and played Lucina with Cordelia's color scheme.
Hey, that sounds familiar. Do you remember ever meeting a Robin/Marth/Jigglypuff player called Owain?

Last edited:

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
GG's to Gallo on 3ds. Your Bowser and Toon Link are awesome! I was Jack, playing Captain Falcon, Pink Little Mac, and Fierce Deity Link. Sorry I left, but my fingers were starting to hurt from all the shielding I had to do against you. Anway, GG's man and I hope to play you again.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
I just played AfroSmash for like an hour or so. I don't know if it was for you but those were hella fun matches! Regardless of getting bodied for like 80% of our matches, I still had a good time against your Samus. Those mind games for days.

Sorry I had to leave. I had work in a bit.
It's the Bowser Jr main Vile btw.

ZxFlashFreezexZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lordofgames7
I usually play as hooded, wire-framed Little Mac with the tag "Zx", so look out for me! :4wiremac::4wiremac::4wiremac:Oh, and I also play as Captain Falcon, Greninja, Luigi, and Sonic a lot with that tag!

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I'm not sure if you are the same guy I faced, and I apologize if you aren't, but GG's to @Ookami Hajime on the Wii U. Those were some amazing matches, and your Greninja absolutely destroyed me.

I was the Palutena player named Nexin. I definitely want to play again some more in the future.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
He started with mewtwo, but then he was pretty much using whoever I used. Characters such as villager, marth, luigi, Rob, kirby, and then we had a couple matches where he was pacman and I was villager. They were some of the best matches! This guy is probably good with every character, but I don't know his main. That's all I can remember.
That's too bad. He only uses Dedede, FIre Emblem characters, or sometimes D-Pit. :/

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
GGs to a 3ds player named Tory. Great falco and link. I was nugrun playing falcon/sheik

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
Hey, that sounds familiar. Do you remember ever meeting a Robin/Marth/Jigglypuff player called Owain?
I do recall a player named Owain at one point... I think I may have fought their Jigglypuff and Marth before; don't remember about Robin.

Actually, hold on. I have a replay with a player named Owain. They were paired up with me in a 'For Fun' team match, as Marth. Perhaps add my friend code, and I'll send the replay to you? :3

Kyntelle

Smash Rookie
I do recall a player named Owain at one point... I think I may have fought their Jigglypuff and Marth before; don't remember about Robin.

Actually, hold on. I have a replay with a player named Owain. They were paired up with me in a 'For Fun' team match, as Marth. Perhaps add my friend code, and I'll send the replay to you? :3
Yeah, that's probably me! Added you.

Top Bottom