• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Jake_11534

Smash Rookie
Hi guys if you encounter me im Jake with the caption slice and i use marth jigglypuff shiek. thts me

Last edited:

Hitokiri_Ace

Smash Rookie
Whoever, BROTHER and SISTER are on For Glory teams.. Great games! :D
It was a ton of fun playing you guys yesterday evening.
I was Hito-Ace (Zelda/Palutena/Robin), and my bro was Bagn (Ganondorf/DDD/Yoshi).
I wish online didn't have those annoying fits of lag, but dang.. some of those matches were just awesome.
Thanks for the fun, and maybe we can meet-up again one day. :)

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
ggs to @ToxoT , it was a treat to play a skilled :4pacman:, and you've clearly mastered using Bonus Fruit. I was :4wiifitm::4palutena::4kirby:
wish you wouldn't have left so suddenly, I was hoping to play you more :)

Last edited:

BGP_

Smash Rookie
NNID
dragracer1106
3DS FC
0259-0771-4167
gg's to Nin-Knight (@NintendoKnight ?), played idek how many matches. Put me back in my place on for glory with just about every character at some point, guess I got a lot to learn still xD

link2702

Smash Champion
Anyone play a guy called "Enzo" on Wii u??
I think i remember facing someone with that name once....

but I don't think you want to know what I thought of that player. IIRC he was one of the players I faced that either rage and started throwing out insults as their nametag when I beat him then left to avoid a report.

Not saying this was you, but he was the only enzo I ever faced.

that was maybe a month or two ago, maybe longer.

speaking of bad experiences..have had a few today....very few matches today did i get any decent players, the few I did, didn't even bother staying around for more matches, nor did they face my actual mains, and instead faced my characters I don't use normally, so leaving after one match before letting me actually show them what my main is capable of, left me with a bit of :salt:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Played someone who had a Mii and tag as "Nacho."

If you're on here, let me just say that you're the best Link/Marth/In general player I've faced off against in a LONG time.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
To the "The Doctor"

Sup. :cool:

Nah seriously, i dont know if it's cause im not fully accustomed to those 3ds controls or what but no doubt thats a swift Doctor Mario. I honestly dont know the last time i lost to someone on fg. Sorry i stood on the results screen that last match i was saving that replay for reference. If thats why you left. GGs

You couldve gone without those taunts though :/ fight me irl:dazwa:

Last edited:

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
To the "The Doctor"

Sup. :cool:

Nah seriously, i dont know if it's cause im not fully accustomed to those 3ds controls or what but no doubt thats a swift Doctor Mario. I honestly dont know the last time i lost to someone on fg. Sorry i stood on the results screen that last match i was saving that replay for reference. If thats why you left. GGs

You couldve gone without those taunts though :/ fight me irl:dazwa:
I think I played against the same guy as you. First match I was Wario and we messed around for a good minute with me eating all the pills he threw at me (and then I was promptly two-stocked). Second match I also lost quite horribly, with him taunting throughout. I'd say they were fun but his attitude was....meh.
An extremely good Dr. Mario though. Probably the best I've come across.

Last edited:

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I played a lot of games with someone who went by S with the NNID Neat12345
Great games dood, sick Robin!

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Good games to Legion, a Bowser using the only correct color: red! I had to gimp myself by choosing an inferior color, but good stuff! First Bowser I've found on Wii U's For Glory who knew what they were doing.

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
Awesome games to cjv from Indiana! You had an awesome :4villager:and :rosalina:. They were pretty close at some points, and I'd love to play you again sometime! Hopefully you're here on Smashboards!

My in-game name was 'Mateo', and I played :4peach:, :4palutena: and :4lucina:.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if you are the same guy I faced, and I apologize if you aren't, but GG's to @ Ookami Hajime Ookami Hajime on the Wii U. Those were some amazing matches, and your Greninja absolutely destroyed me.

I was the Palutena player named Nexin. I definitely want to play again some more in the future.
Yes, that was me, haha. You had an excellent Palu though!

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Can't remember the name of the guy I was fighting, but it had a lot of Os and a few As. You mostly played Captain Falcon.

My tag was "DrunkSmash" and I played Lucina, Link, Fox, and Captain Falcon. Looking forward to a sober match.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
[Wii U] Last night, I played some guy named Tyson. We played like three matches together. I went Doc for all of them, while he kept switching after each one. I won all of the matches, and when I beat his cookie-cutter Peach, he changed his tag to "SPAM MORE," then "SPAM ***," then he quit. He could've gotten high blood-pressure from being so salty.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
[Wii U] Last night, I played some guy named Tyson. We played like three matches together. I went Doc for all of them, while he kept switching after each one. I won all of the matches, and when I beat his cookie-cutter Peach, he changed his tag to "SPAM MORE," then "SPAM ***," then he quit. He could've gotten high blood-pressure from being so salty.
Cookie cutter Peach? What does that look like? Honestly asking ^_^"

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Cookie cutter Peach? What does that look like? Honestly asking ^_^"
I mean he played like he just saw some competitive Peach play and decided to ape whomever the player was. Thing is, he didn't try to get any reads, so he played predictably, in ways like mindlessly throwing veggies and floating dair-spamming. It's like a Diddy that just tries nothing but hoo-hah.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Ah okay thanks. xD I'm learning Peach and was just curious about your insight on a stale playstyle which I didn't think was possible with Peach, a character with pretty creative options. There definitely much more to her than Dair, Float, and turnip x) But that's obvious.
Thanks again stranger. (=゚ω゚)ノ

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Good games to a player that goes by Six. That's it. Six, just like it's spelled here. You were a jerk with the taunting and dash dancing, but I can't deny that you're a pretty good Bowser Jr. (namely Iggy) player. Actually, the taunting didn't really affect me at all; I was kind of laughing most of the time. I don't know if you were trying to make me mad, but if you were, you did the opposite. Maybe it's because I'm probably just super optimistic today or because I was fighting Iggy, who is a truly goofy character in the Mario series.

Other than that, you even taught me a few new tricks with the Koopa Car Dash or whatever it's called among other things. I never played as Bowser Jr. when we fought, but I do play as him from time to time. I was 21Gmix with the purple Greninja, white Zelda, and white Meta Knight.

Last edited:

Kaiyedy

Smash Cadet
Just was on for glory with my friend, and ran into a guy named 'Red Yoshi.' He was playing captain falcon, but was going too fast for either of us to keep up with. He was seriously kicking our collective @sses. The farthest we got was one stock. He was playing like it was melee (which, I have never really been into. Started smashing with brawl) and I could hardly process what he was doing...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I had some amazing matches with a Mario named XxDarkxX. All of our matches were great (I really don't know what else to say whenever I post here). I was a Wario named Brandon.

link2702

Smash Champion
Good games to a player that goes by Six. That's it. Six, just like it's spelled here. You were a jerk with the taunting and dash dancing, but I can't deny that you're a pretty good Bowser Jr. (namely Iggy) player. Actually, the taunting didn't really affect me at all; I was kind of laughing most of the time. I don't know if you were trying to make me mad, but if you were, you did the opposite. Maybe it's because I'm probably just super optimistic today or because I was fighting Iggy, who is a truly goofy character in the Mario series.

Other than that, you even taught me a few new tricks with the Koopa Car Dash or whatever it's called among other things. I never played as Bowser Jr. when we fought, but I do play as him from time to time. I was 21Gmix with the purple Greninja, white Zelda, and white Meta Knight.
faced him before as well.

can't deny it either though....he's an ass with how he acts in a match, but he can back it up as his iggy is near impossible to get a read on and punish.

Guess it could be worse, I never once saw him try to bash me by changing his nametag or anything like that, just had a really taunting, kind of "i'm not even trying" attitude in matches.

FRYGUY

Smash Rookie
NNID
thezakattac
To ArmDude... You played a great Little Mac on Wii U just now. I was DK under ZACK, we played a bunch of matches and you won most. One of those great matchups where instead of feeling frustrated, I felt more like I was learning from my mistakes. You switched to Ness towards the end and I threw in one match as him myself (my Melee main). Keep wreaking havoc with Mac, I don't know how you do it. I was terrified everytime you had your KO charged. Great matches.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
faced him before as well.

can't deny it either though....he's an *** with how he acts in a match, but he can back it up as his iggy is near impossible to get a read on and punish.

Guess it could be worse, I never once saw him try to bash me by changing his nametag or anything like that, just had a really taunting, kind of "i'm not even trying" attitude in matches.
He's almost like Leffen. Taunts and trash talks and whatnot but can still back it up. Once again, it didn't bother me too much since I'm kinda used to it. Although, I would say that a slightly messed up control stick added insult to injury, which costed me a match I could have won.

If you saw my matches, you could tell that I still put up a good fight with all of the BS. I would show you proof had I not conveniently ran out of space for replays.

By chance, If I meet him again, I would actually have to take him seriously and even the score. Perhaps he can even indirectly teach me a couple more tricks he may come up with next time. If I don't, no problem. Don't really have time to be facing people like that anyway.

Last edited:

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Just possibly played the funniest online match ever with some guy called 00-zero. Will have to upload it to my YT channel.
Also as a fellow sheik main loved all the advanced techs you were using.

GG
Oh wut?! You gotta show me lolol
What was I doing?

GGs to a Sheik player named @ 00-Zero 00-Zero on the Wii U. You really kept me on my toes with all those advanced techniques you were using.

I was the Palutena player with the Nexin tag. I hope I get to face you again in the future.

GGs man, I'm sure. I have the worst FG recollection lol
I feel like I remember playing a good Palu though but I also feel like I would've tried to break out my Palu in the ditto. Did that happen?

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs man, I'm sure. I have the worst FG recollection lol
I feel like I remember playing a good Palu though but I also feel like I would've tried to break out my Palu in the ditto. Did that happen?
You stuck with Shiek both games. I have replays of both matches and I can post them later today if you want to see them.

One thing I remember you doing a few times in the first match was this advance tech where you would throw an aerial right before you hit the ground, which would cause Shiek to slide backwards slightly. I'd have to watch the replay again for context, but if I remember correctly, it looked like you were trying to figure out a use for it. It's possible that is why you didn't switch to Palutena when we played. Edit: After rewatching the replay, it looked like you were trying to bait me into using either Dash Attack or Grab.

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Played someone who had a Mii and tag as "Nacho."

If you're on here, let me just say that you're the best Link/Marth/In general player I've faced off against in a LONG time.
Was his nnid like na©hø? I just fought him, but he only used Pit. Best Pit I have played by far, won 3/4 and the last match wasn't close.

Zigoon95

Smash Rookie
Uuuh, that's an interesting topic, indeed.
Does someone recall me? My characters are on my sign and my nick is Zigoon.
I have saved some matches of people that did very well against me, so maybe someday I can list someone.

Last edited:

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
[ 3DS ] GG's to a player named "X" from North Carolina (or south can't remember). Great ZSS and Sheik. Haven't seen a good sheik in a while. I was NugRun using falcon/sheik/rosey

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
[3DS] Great games to a player named Alex[TSB] we had some hype matches! Especially the Villager vs Duck hunt match :D
you also have a fantastic meta knight. GGs, hope you're around on here :)

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
To the player I met on Wii U For Glory and the tag SHAWN, your Mewtwo was superb and your Donkey Kong was absolutely AMAZING; I enjoyed fighting you.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Good games on the 3DS to a person named Ethan, your Mario and Samus was very good and I had fun facing your Bowser, Wario and Olimar too.

Top Bottom