• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:4falcon::4diddy::4littlemac::4link::4mario::4ness::4pikachu::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink:.

Thing with these characters though is that you fight them so much, that you become so good at beating them. I was actually thrown off guard the other day when I faced a very good Link player. I still beat him 10 times in a row, but he put up more of a fight than the other ones
Oh no, I've played good players with these characters. I was just saying these are the characters I play against the most on a regular day.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
[Wii U] Played some FG last night, was about to go to bed and low and behold I get a ZeRo^ in the room.

GGs @ TSM ZeRo TSM ZeRo . I was the Pink Falcon and apparently your last match for the night too. I really need some practice against good Shulks! That Knee counter at the end was painful, hahaha.
;)

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Oh no, I've played good players with these characters. I was just saying these are the characters I play against the most on a regular day.
For me, the characters that I really am frightened to actually play against
:4yoshi::4dedede::4rob: sometimes, :4zss::4falcon::4mario::4sonic:
Characters that I virtually never see good people use or see at all.
:4kirby:(My main):4zelda:(My main):4peach:(my main):4ganondorf::4gaw::4wiifit::4wario2::4robinm::4bowserjr::4metaknight::4olimar:
Characters that I run into a lot,
:4falcon::4sonic::4ness::4link::4littlemac:
Characters I see every once in a while,
:4villager::4fox::4falco::4duckhunt::4drmario::4dk::4bowser::4ganondorf::4pit::4darkpit::rosalina::4samus::4tlink::4shulk::4palutena::4pacman:

Yea weird list, mainly fast characters/characters with huge hit boxes annoy me the most.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The only character I haven't seen played good is Zelda. I've played very skilled WFT, Olimars, DKs, Palutenas, Ikes you name it. I wish more people would dedicate their selves to playing Zelda on FG. It would put a smile on my face for weeks if I came across a Zelda that violated me and left me to die.
I feel the same way about other characters. :4wiifit: is my biggest one because I probably haven't played a decently competent one since December. People think I'm nuts but I think she's very underrated as a character and hasn't really developed because there's maybe one high level player (TKBreezy) who actually plays as her. :4lucina: is another big one because most of the ones I play are hilariously bad and probably picked her as their waifu. Again, I can't even get mad when I lose against good presumed low tier characters because I'm much more impressed if you can destroy me with :4charizard: or :4samus:than :4sheik: or :4diddy:.

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Big GG to a gentleman named Julio, It was really fun and challenging...for me, because i got rekt.
Dat Villager tho, really impressive. Went from 0% to Ko at 150% without hitting him once, god damnit !
I hope to meet you again.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I feel the same way about other characters. :4wiifit: is my biggest one because I probably haven't played a decently competent one since December. People think I'm nuts but I think she's very underrated as a character and hasn't really developed because there's maybe one high level player (TKBreezy) who actually plays as her. :4lucina: is another big one because most of the ones I play are hilariously bad and probably picked her as their waifu. Again, I can't even get mad when I lose against good presumed low tier characters because I'm much more impressed if you can destroy me with :4charizard: or :4samus:than :4sheik: or :4diddy:.
Lol I would agree, like seriously I pretty much never fight anyone who mains my characters well, let alone see them that often
(:4kirby::4peach::4zelda: I see :4jigglypuff: the most out of them all, but the players are decent, but predicatable and just get easy t defeat.)

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
firebar64 I believe? Great Doc.

@maggie452 @ M MaggieMagister

Whichever - I played a "Maggie" with the tag SUBSCRIBE. GG to you, even though our 2nd match it seemed like you intentionally timed me out with Villager, then called me a Fat *****. Your DK is pretty decent.

link2702

Smash Champion
had a few good matches today, sadly can't remember the names of the all the players....

so for anyone who faced a player named keeta today on 3DS, ggs. Several matches against another falcon player are what stood out the most to me, me and him were both fairly even in our matches. And in true falcon fashion we both would get some ridiculous kills in some matches.

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Surprisingly, I don't encounter many other Nesses on For Glory, and when I do, I tend to wreck them with my Ness b/c I can predict their PK Fires. :p

I tend to run into Captain Falcons, Villagers (OMG it's so boring though .__.), Little Macs, (Toon) Links, Ganon and both Pits. I encounter a decent amount of Spamuses, Marios, Sonics (oh god I despise this MU) and Mega Mans. Surprisingly don't encounter many of the "uber" characters (i.e. Diddy, Rosaluma, Sheik), lol. Even so, I tend to win. =P

==

Anyway, someone here a Black Fox named Destiny on 3DS? It's funny because I LOVE the Fox match-up (he's really fun to play against and my fave furry lol) and you did better compared to many other Foxes who only seem to roll. You knew your Jab Cancels well and I had fun versing you!

...In addition, is there a Fox/Ganon/Koopaling named Raymond here (also on 3DS)? I LOVED your Fox as well, you did excellent with your Jabs and cancels and with the tech of PKT2 as well. Also escaped my D-Throw shenanigans for the most part too. Very good Fox, I loved it. XD

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I tend to run into Captain Falcons,(OMG it's so boring though .__.), Little Macs, (Toon) Links, . I encounter a decent amount of Spamuses, Marios, Sonics (oh god I despise this MU) . Surprisingly don't encounter many of the "uber" characters (i.e. Diddy, Rosaluma, Sheik), lol. Even so, I tend to win. =P
ikr? :4littlemac::4ness::4falcon::4diddy::4mario::4luigi::4sonic::4sheik::rosalina::4link::4yoshi::4tlink:

this is all i see in FG, most tryhards think their really good with most of the "ez chars" when i show up with kirby and stomp them every time. I swear fg gives people who legit can read and punish like a pro who main these characters a bad name, its always the same ZZZ combo with them. I'll give samus a pass if they dont try to spam and actually know how to play her, which ive seen quite often now, which is nice.

Like some dude with the tag stardust, cool black falcon, but too yolo, i footstooled with MK to win which was lmao. then you didnt know what to do with kirby, a shame because you have a good falcon lol.

Then you went luigi and you were pretty salty went i went falcon in that match for the lolz and did the grab luigi grab zzz stuff, ggs tho wanted to add you but i left too early.

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
Ran into someone named "Azure" today both tag and Mii. Great games! You had a solid 4 or so chars and all of them were good times. Ganandorf messed me up a few times. Lol I had to take a step back and redo my strat. You had some nice zoning there. Falcon dittos are always baws though! Haha Hope to see you around!

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I've fought someone named Swervbot. His Luigi was on point! He also used Yoshi, Kirby and Charizard. Hopefully, I can meet you again Swervbot! I was mainly Meta Knight going by 21Gmix.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[Wii U] I had some awesome matches against a guy named Sam last night. He used the white Zelda and later used white and red Peach. I was the blue Ness with the tag ^~^ in the beginning. Really good player. I just wish I was able to perform better. I'm upset with myself about that.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm terrible at picking up names in FG but I played for a while today. My tag is Locuan the same as on Smashboards. I was playing Sonic mostly throughout the morning. If you ran into me good games!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fought a good Shulk last night named Stryk. Went through my whole gauntlet of the 14 characters I regularly train with and lost three frustratingly close matches at the end, largely splitting the wins and loses even between the two of us. It was a lot of fun and, like I said the other day, it's so good to fight a great player who doesn't main :4falcon::4diddy::4mario::4ness:or :4sheik: for a change.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
I really want to search this thread to see if someone played with me, but i'm not digging through all 90 pages all because SWF refuses to have a "search this thread" feature.

Dinoman21

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dinoman21
3DS FC
2621-2745-3543
Oh yeah, I played a SkyBunny. I initially didn't think much because Pikachus never give me any problems. She made me pay for that. I won all the games we played, but damn it, she sure didn't make it easy for me.
Skybunny is on my friends list on my WiiU. After we met we left For Glory and hosted a room and spared for a good long while.

I think... that's what happened.

[Wii U] if there isn't a player named Gio around here, I'll be surprised... this Bowser was nothing like I've seen before, steamrolling the hard reads like I'm just another scrub... still very frustrated at my lack of a plan!

I did manage to score a few games, but the victories didn't last. the only other thing i Don't quite get is your nametagging "U R COOL", almost as if to reassure me from the beatdown I was about to get or something... gah!
I know a good player by the name Gio, did his Mii have a white shirt and a smirk?

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Skybunny is on my friends list on my WiiU. After we met we left For Glory and hosted a room and spared for a good long while.

I think... that's what happened.
Huh. Well, if I find her, I'm definitely asking her for a few more matches. Her Pikachu was...interesting, to say the least. Plus, I don't know the matchup.

Dinoman21

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dinoman21
3DS FC
2621-2745-3543
Huh. Well, if I find her, I'm definitely asking her for a few more matches. Her Pikachu was...interesting, to say the least. Plus, I don't know the matchup.
Well her spacing is great, she knows her combos. She's good at reads. Usually a player with solid grip on reading movement is considered a person to note in 'my book'.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well her spacing is great, she knows her combos. She's good at reads. Usually a player with solid grip on reading movement is considered a person to note in 'my book'.
Sounds like my kind of girl. My whole playstyle is about reads and predictions.

The only reason I play sheikh is because of marth. I don't like Rosalina and Luma or diddy kong. Because Luna and recovery is easy to counter. I usually play sheikh, Fox, falc

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I had some pretty fun matches against this user with the tag "GOODGUY" or something like that. I don't even remember now. GGs, nonetheless.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Think his name is Kindrick...Kendral? something like that.

Sneakily picked Villager against my Wario after I won the first one to do bike pocketing shenanigans. Then we had a nice run of DHD to Villager matches.

Thanks for the good stuff and sticking with me, sir. Whoever ye might be.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So hey tavo, tag beta.

Can you fix your internet, you camped the whole match and you were beat and got a lucky fox u-smash, i swear i hate this game sometimes with its brawl tactics still present.

anyway you were actually good, tho if you didnt camp you would have lost and you know it, camp + lag= wow much win 4 u. Rolls were unpunishable and i was ahead by a hefty percent, bs.

ran into good people today though, ggs to jesse tag jesse for putting up with me! xD

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Tons of matches tonight in both FF and FG, mostly teams.

Last and longest session with the same three players in particular was pretty fun/good games all around.

Lucas (Mii name Suki, NNID KawaiiSmiles) - You were my favorite to be partnered up with. Mixed up your characters nearly as much as I did (was using random until I got/stuck with Samus).

CCC (Mii name DohIMissed/Wario, NNID delphinidae) - Believe you cycled through a bit of characters, predominantly remember you using Shulk. You gave me hell with Monado shenanigans.

tiny tim (Mii, NNID Tinytoot) - You were probably the most difficult to face ZSS played I've encountered to date. Made pretty good reads with both grabs and Side B, and your constant harassment in the air made it a pain to ever recover/land (in the air for days as Jiggs).

Lanayru3

Smash Rookie
Simply "Alex" on the Nintendo 3DS, I've fought you a couple of times, and you've used Mega Man a lot.

I just have to say that you are one of the most disrespectful players I've ever fought on For Glory with all your taunting and constant teabagging, and for that, I salute you as a Ganon player.

Last edited:

Will Shay

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7983-0903
The other day I played some pretty decent matches against a player "Frosty" He played a pretty good Samus, Ganondorf got wrecked by my Game and Watch (I got lucky on those dthrow instant kills =D, poor guy!) But it was mostly pretty even down the stretch, maybe with me on top just a tid bit.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
(Wii U) To a guy named Dee (tag Sherm) I just played five minutes ago, great games!

Those were some of the most intense games I've had in quite some time, your sheik is absolutely tournament caliber but you had a habit of shielding whenever I ran up to you which led to some nasty kill throw confirmations. After you two stocked Ness I had to bring out the dirty dino. All three games we played were very close but I barely inched it out each time.

Then you brought out your pocket diddy I presume to take a perceived easy win but proved to be less effective than your sheik play. Nonetheless, I enjoyed that game too lol.

If you see this message hit me up man! I would be more than happy to play with you again

Last edited:

Ultear

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ultear
Shoutouts to 'Oca' and his captain falcon(WiiU)

That were some awesome matches

abx

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to Daryl from Massachussetts (3DS). Your playstyle with all these supposedly low tiered characters was fabulous. Really intense and even matches.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Good games with Logic from CA. Very technical player, which I like. That Pika was insane lol.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Good games for a guy with the name xcdv from United States, using a name tag "GG" on the wii u.

Good Little Macs are a rare find and man, you rock!

Is nice seeing a good player after a whole night fighting nothing but kids that abuse the name editor to curse at you XD.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
3DS version:
Had some pretty decent matches this morning against some guy with the tag "FUNGUY3..." Don't know if that's his full tag or not but GGs to him nonetheless. He used Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Little Mac throughout our run together while I played Lucina, Mega Man and Rosalina.

I also had a fun Rosalina mirror match against this user with the name tag "dre dre". Good Rosalina users like him are pretty rare to find these days.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
To the guy named BOWSER!! from NY: you were a blast to play with! I haven't had this fun on FD in ages! You were playing the Dorf, I played KD3, I rekt you a little, you rekt me a little. Then you completely destroyed me with mango Kirby. All this to genuinely nice nametags with no underlying rudeness. I was thinking of coming up with something myself, but I had no imagination.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Good games to XanaPoe, who played an excellent Mario. Best games I've had in a long time!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
wish I remembered the name but ggs to that Ganon/Ike.

I felt the love between us. thank you for sticking around so long

Top Bottom