• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I think I just played the My Smash Corner guy on For Glory...the one who does tutorials, tips and tricks videos and all that. His NNID was MySmashCorner and his mii name was Brose. He used Diddy, Wario, a little bit of Luigi, and sure enough, he used a lot of those tricks in the MSC vids. Went back and forth for an hour and some change until I realized that it was ****ing 6 AM and I needed sleep. So GGs MSC guy, it was fun.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Looking for a player from France who had the Mii name "Gregory" and used the tag "Palendrum." We played a bunch of matches last night and they were great. He mainly used Lucario, Bowser, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. We went fairly even overall. He applies great offensive pressure and really kept me on my toes. I had the Mii name "Atoyont" and the tag "Kofu."

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
Again I'm pretty terrible with names.. I really need to keep a note pad by me so I can give better shout outs :c

Had some great matches over the weekend however! Even got some new people on the friends list, so that is cool. Had some great matches with a :4ganondorf:player, who was very much the sportsman, and seemed to be having about as much fun as I was! He got a ridiculous edge guard :GCD::GCB: Kick on me that I was freaking out laughing at cause it was so epic. There was another notable Uptilt kill he got me with because I let go of my shield and it sucked me in at the last second and sent me to oblivion. I was seriously lmao. I went to add you to friendlist and went to miiverse somehow on accident and it disconnected me from game unfortunately, or I woulda kept playing. Luckly I was able to find you in the 'recently played' section when I backed out to Wii menu right after. GGs sir, hope to have some more in the future!

There was one of the better :4zss: I've ever played on FG yesterday. Played black suit :4zss:, spaced well and had some good mix ups. We had some close matches, I won the first, then SD failed our 2nd match and you left. I twas sad, because I don't get to play many good :4zss:. Hope to run into you again.

I feel a little bad leaving one match pretty quick. It was a :4diddy:(grr) that I *barely* managed to squeak out the victory from. He was pretty flow chart with the grabs, but I could tell he knew what was up overall. I should have stayed for another match, but my salt meter for :4diddy:can fill up fast sometimes. You were a good player and even gave me a "Good Game" after that match, so I salute you sir.

I usually don't throw up tags so if anyone runs into someone with Mii char name "Traek" that's me. I also play Pink :4falcon: 95% of the time.

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
I'm late when I say this but GG's to a Black Zero Suit Samus named Ken. Not only was the connection good (for once), I had a blast playing against someone I felt I had a chance against. May we run into each other again.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
@ AnchorTea AnchorTea I thought I recognized the name. Our game was a little laggier than I usually stick around for but gg anyways. I had the TPAIN tag.

@Nick, Fox player, whoever you are, thanks for the GG followed by You Suck. Appreciated.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If any of you saw a Mega Man named "JUMPnSHOOT" on 3DS For Glory a few days ago, that was me. :b

Also shoutouts to whoever is named qt
Epic Duck Hunt you have :4pacman:

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Don't think I've said this before, but eh I might have. On 3DS, I'm Jack and on Wii U also Jack but I use the tag WALNUT.
Just want to say that Carlos on 3DS has a fantastic Bowser Jr. and I'm still surprised I managed to beat you.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
@ AnchorTea AnchorTea I thought I recognized the name. Our game was a little laggier than I usually stick around for but gg anyways. I had the TPAIN tag.
Bruh

That battle was dope

Duck Hunt is beast. Glad I considered using him.

Edit: May I ask how well I did?

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Bruh

That battle was dope

Duck Hunt is beast. Glad I considered using him.

Edit: May I ask how well I did?
Thanks, I had a lot of fun.

I think you played well, I would just be really careful when you pocket the can, haha

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Played a lot of really good FG matches with a guy named Nody, I believe, from Florida (probably). I was Trashcan.

Our matches started with us both being Ike and we had a ton of fun matches, then I did Olimar's crawling headbutt routine through an entire match.

Just seeing if you're around here.

Slonk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-2289-0078
Just fought a ZSS in FG by the name of "Haru" or something similar. Very, very good player and we had a few close matches (and a few where I got clobbered). I was Toon Link. Anyway, just wanted to post my appreciation that when I SD'd, you SD'd just to make it fair.

Champion effort. It's people like you that make up for the spamming, double-taunting stains.

Matsushi

True Blood
[3DS] Good games to a Ness and Diddy Kong with a Japanese name which I didn't really catch, though their little profile comment thingy said "FSLink." Perhaps it was @FSLink? Anyways, awesome gameplay. You had so much control over your characters, especially that Ness. I was the dark Marth and Zelda named "Yas."

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
[Wii U] Played some FG last night, was about to go to bed and low and behold I get a ZeRo^ in the room.

GGs @ChileZeRo . I was the Pink Falcon and apparently your last match for the night too. I really need some practice against good Shulks! That Knee counter at the end was painful, hahaha.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Played a person last night named, as I recall, Elijah.

A true gentleman, he persevered and kept playing in spite of my scrub-tier 'Dorf skills. He even encouraged me through tags and, before he left, SD'd twice just so I could say I won.

Such a sweetheart. I'd love to play him again sometime with one of my better characters ahaha~

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
WII U

User: Poy, with the tag Azusa? Very good, second time I've seen you on For Glory, played :4palutena::rosalina::4jigglypuff::4pikachu:. Tried adding you but, apparently you don't take friend requests. I'm the pink Villager, Zach~ The one that messed up your last second rest kill :/

Edit: three times, you just popped up again as I typed this.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Found some dude named Murabito who was pretty good. Shame our connection dropped, since he was probably the only other good Villager besides Jamnt0ast I've played, so I needed the practice.

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
Tintin, we meet again. Good matches all around, even if I wasn't taking most of them seriously. I don't know why I did that but it was fun! I hope I can speak to you at some point in the future, maybe tell you how to time your air attacks.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Tintin, we meet again. Good matches all around, even if I wasn't taking most of them seriously. I don't know why I did that but it was fun! I hope I can speak to you at some point in the future, maybe tell you how to time your air attacks.
Was this on the 3DS? I just played a TinTin on the 3DS.

What characters does he use?

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Played a person last night named, as I recall, Elijah.

A true gentleman, he persevered and kept playing in spite of my scrub-tier 'Dorf skills. He even encouraged me through tags and, before he left, SD'd twice just so I could say I won.

Such a sweetheart. I'd love to play him again sometime with one of my better characters ahaha~
Wow that dude has the best character on fg, props to him. If only all were like that...

Anyway ggs to all the dudes i beat, esp Ian that villager Is legit, among the best along the lines of murabito and toast, if any of you guys see him, watch for his killager. Wondering if you have an sb account Ian cool to see ya on fg again.

Rinkario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rinkario253
3DS FC
3780-9024-1899
Found some guy named Hokori on for glory. Not sure if he has any relation to @Hokori here. Anyway we had some nice matches and your Shulk and Pac-Man were incredible.

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Played a guy on 3DS named sonicNK[something], really friendly guy and good player. I don't remember exactly what we did, but it was fun.

Also played Alex this morning, you have to train a bit more to make it really challenging, but still had a good time played against you . And next time i won't run into your Fsmashes, goddammit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ReDead, you are a solid Megaman and you thoroughly whooped my butt (Dewey, Pikachu). It was fun though, learned a lot about some things I need to get better at against because of you (mostly my spacing). Thanks for the matches.

Also, I wish I remember the name, but I played a Metaknight yesterday, played as a couple other characters, wasn't bad. Anyways, if you remember playing me, I was reading your dash attack every time. When you sprint at me, mix it up a bit more.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anybody else kind of quietly freak out when they come across someone whose actually good with a character that virtually nobody plays as or most people flat out suck as? Had an experience like that last night. Played a guy who was okay with Lucina and Captain Falcon but was downright terrifying as Marth. It really threw me for a loop. You see, I have about an 86% win rate and close to 10,000 matches under my belt (3DS version) so it's not often that I get trashed and, when I do, it's almost always by high tier characters. This guy was downright brilliant with spacing and all our matches ended in sudden death because his playstyle forced me to play super defensively. Of the three matches where he played Marth, I won one with Iggy out of sheer dumb luck because I air dodged, grabbed a randomly spawned bob-omb, and then managed to stage spike him with it. I have crazy respect for people who can kick my butt with low tier characters (as long as you don't proceed to rub my face in it afterwards).

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
Was this on the 3DS? I just played a TinTin on the 3DS.

What characters does he use?
Mainly Fox, but he did use Falco, Jigglypuff and Marth. He's a fantastic player that I definitely would have many rematches with whilst talking to him. He knows the art of 'get-rekt' very well indeed, and I luv it.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You ever seen a "King" or a "Bush Afro," that's me. I fought this one named "gray fox." He actually played a good Jigglypuff. A GOOD JIGGLYPUFF. Do you know how rare that is?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You ever seen a "King" or a "Bush Afro," that's me. I fought this one named "gray fox." He actually played a good Jigglypuff. A GOOD JIGGLYPUFF. Do you know how rare that is?
almost as rare as a good mii

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Found some guy named Hokori on for glory. Not sure if he has any relation to @Hokori here. Anyway we had some nice matches and your Shulk and Pac-Man were incredible.
Hey yeah i ran into someone with the tag Hokori too, couldnt even read the NNID tho.

I was pikachu, then went shulk ditto for the lolz was close as hell then the drops... >_>, i won with pika, but omg idk what the interference was between us or what but i bolted when it kept up, weird cause i was all good all day on fg. then again he was on EC, but it wasnt on my end im sure of it.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
GGs to one Wilky_b, who might also be the @wilky_b here. Very solid Link. However, was that ragequit at the end really necessary?

PCHU

Smash Lord
Anybody else kind of quietly freak out when they come across someone whose actually good with a character that virtually nobody plays as or most people flat out suck as? Had an experience like that last night. Played a guy who was okay with Lucina and Captain Falcon but was downright terrifying as Marth. It really threw me for a loop. You see, I have about an 86% win rate and close to 10,000 matches under my belt (3DS version) so it's not often that I get trashed and, when I do, it's almost always by high tier characters. This guy was downright brilliant with spacing and all our matches ended in sudden death because his playstyle forced me to play super defensively. Of the three matches where he played Marth, I won one with Iggy out of sheer dumb luck because I air dodged, grabbed a randomly spawned bob-omb, and then managed to stage spike him with it. I have crazy respect for people who can kick my butt with low tier characters (as long as you don't proceed to rub my face in it afterwards).
I came across some Marth guy who I played a bunch of matches with as Charizard and Dedede.
While I can't speak on how good Marth is, I do think a lot of people sleep on him; he's an actual threat if you don't have much in the field of keepaway.
It was fun fighting someone who actually...fought.
Also taught me a fair bit about his usmash; didn't know how potent the windbox was, and probably got KO'd by that more than any other move.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hey SkyBunny,
If you out there, fantastic Pikachu, one of the very few good ones I have faced. You love the blue Pikachu
You showed me that Pikachu vs Kirby is pretty much even while Pikachu and Peach is most likely pretty much even(maybe slightly in Peach's favor)
BTW my name is Dee and I just go by player 1 for my tag, has anyone seen and remembered me?
Oh yeah, I played a SkyBunny. I initially didn't think much because Pikachus never give me any problems. She made me pay for that. I won all the games we played, but damn it, she sure didn't make it easy for me.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Anybody else kind of quietly freak out when they come across someone whose actually good with a character that virtually nobody plays as or most people flat out suck as?
Could you or someone here make a list of what these characters are, those are the ones I wanna mainly use on FG. I like making people's day lol. I kinda have an idea, thats why im going in as Peach, Link, Zelda, Kirby, GnW, Ike, Ganon, DK, and a few others. Each with a unique style that im sure people will love fighting.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Could you or someone here make a list of what these characters are, those are the ones I wanna mainly use on FG. I like making people's day lol. I kinda have an idea, thats why im going in as Peach, Link, Zelda, Kirby, GnW, Ike, Ganon, DK, and a few others. Each with a unique style that im sure people will love fighting.
In my own experience, I rarely fight people who are actually good with: :4bowser: :4bowserjr::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4olimar::4palutena::4peach::4pit::4robinm::4samus: :4wario::4wiifit::4zelda:. Every once in awhile I'll come across someone who's good with them and matches will go back and forth or one of us will barely win most matches but I can only think of few times where I've come across someone where the matches against me are total blow outs several matches in a row, no matter who I choose. In my experience, I've only fought people who were scary good with from that list: :4bowser::4gaw::4marth::4olimar::4palutena::4samus:. Some characters I can easily go over a week without seeing unless it's my own because virtually no one plays as them: :4bowserjr::4olimar::4palutena::4peach::4wario::4wiifit::4zelda:.

On the flip side, I'd say that these are the Top Ten characters I run into the most on any given day: :4falcon::4diddy::4littlemac::4link::4mario::4ness::4pikachu::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink:.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
The only character I haven't seen played good is Zelda. I've played very skilled WFT, Olimars, DKs, Palutenas, Ikes you name it. I wish more people would dedicate their selves to playing Zelda on FG. It would put a smile on my face for weeks if I came across a Zelda that violated me and left me to die.

Last edited:

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
:4falcon::4diddy::4littlemac::4link::4mario::4ness::4pikachu::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink:.

Thing with these characters though is that you fight them so much, that you become so good at beating them. I was actually thrown off guard the other day when I faced a very good Link player. I still beat him 10 times in a row, but he put up more of a fight than the other ones

Top Bottom