• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Uffe

Smash Hero
Some by the name of Drk. Peach had a seriously nuts Peach... dash dancing and crazy float combos. I may have been salty you totally trashed me but I respect your skill.
This guy's Peach is one of the best, I would say. I haven't really followed him enough to see what his tournament placements are, but I remember back in Brawl he was one of the better Peach's and it looks like he's still doing it. I'd say you were pretty lucky to play this guy.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
This guy's Peach is one of the best, I would say. I haven't really followed him enough to see what his tournament placements are, but I remember back in Brawl he was one of the better Peach's and it looks like he's still doing it. I'd say you were pretty lucky to play this guy.
I have never seen anything like how this peach was played. I felt like a sandbag between all of his combos lol.
I don't even remember if I was able to take a stock off of him >.>
But regardless, I was deeply impressed. May even want to work on my own Peach to see if I can pick up some of the stuff he did.

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
[3ds] Assuming Sprout is @SpRoUt or @Sproutt in Smashboard, You're Link and ZSS was REAAALLY Hard to Handle with my Fox
I want to share friend code and play friendlly with you.

My Tagname is Tanark who Played Fox and Dr.Mario[/USER]

Last edited by a moderator:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I have never seen anything like how this peach was played. I felt like a sandbag between all of his combos lol.
I don't even remember if I was able to take a stock off of him >.>
But regardless, I was deeply impressed. May even want to work on my own Peach to see if I can pick up some of the stuff he did.
I know what you mean with being comboed and possibly not removing a stock. I've played against a Fox main who also uses Dr. Mario/Mario, and he just bodies me every time. At times I'll be able to get one of his stocks down, but I've never defeated any of the characters he uses. On one hand, I kind of like it because it tells me how much I really need to work on my main. On the other hand, I kind of hate it because it's so hard to get good and stay that way. Fighting players at your level is great, but fighting players who stomp you is even better. It kind of makes you think you should be playing differently and more like them so you can do better against others.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I know what you mean with being comboed and possibly not removing a stock. I've played against a Fox main who also uses Dr. Mario/Mario, and he just bodies me every time. At times I'll be able to get one of his stocks down, but I've never defeated any of the characters he uses. On one hand, I kind of like it because it tells me how much I really need to work on my main. On the other hand, I kind of hate it because it's so hard to get good and stay that way. Fighting players at your level is great, but fighting players who stomp you is even better. It kind of makes you think you should be playing differently and more like them so you can do better against others.
It'd be more fun if I could see areas where I need to improve.
A lot of times I'll be playing really solid and just get bored because a 2-stock match is lasting well over 3-4 minutes; I start to feel like nothing I can do is safe and it just eats at me.
I like being able to pressure my opponent, but I can't do that when powershielding is so forgiving and a character is able to roll twice during my punishment for reading the roll; I end up doing mostly nothing, fishing for a bad move on their part.
Matches like those make me wonder if it's really worth playing; there are some matches I've had plenty of fun with in this game, but quite a few that made me want to rip my hair out because I felt so limited and things were just drawing on way too long.

As far as insanely good players go, I've met a few that I was able to go on par with, but nobody who completely wrecked me every time.
It's a lot easier if you don't think too much about the person playing the character so much as the character; takes a lot of the pressure off and helps you focus on your character strengths and advantages.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You know I beleive MK is a serious contender for high/top tier
Then I met Marcus from Finland and now I know he's really good GG's man

Ph0eniX315

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's him. Those matches happened on ye ol' 3DS. I don't think 3DS has tags online. I don't have a WiiU as of yet but I plan to get one in the summer.

Hopefully by then we can have a match like old times.
I haven't play'd smash on the 3DS in ages xD so it probably wasn't me, but if you ever want to just message me.

Was his tag Dr.? he's one of the best although (safest) falcons out there, i fought him once and the battles were pretty awesome, glad to know i beat someone who beat ZeRo's DDD in one of his videos, he's on there. (hope you added him bro, i know i did!)
I think I remember you! We need to play some matches once I get back into Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
[Wii U] Shoutouts to Mouchi. I was [SB]Mike. Your Bowser was very good, one of the best I've seen in FG. Those reads were crazy good. GGs.

Spirst

New people (including @ P Ph0eniX315 ), please refrain from double posting. When you have more to say, use the Edit button rather than posting consecutively. Generally, first offense is a verbal warning but continued doing so will result in penalties.

That is all.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
So who else plays plenty of good online matches then checks this thread to see if they get a shoutout?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Just played a bit with my blue Ganon with the EzMONEY! tag. If anyone remembers me say somethin lol.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Bad games to whoever I played with, his lag trigged my IED and now I have a broken LCD screen on my gamepad. I think his name was Duke or something like that.

I'd like to say the same to a flowchart Link that made me want to snap my 3DS in half. Suffice to say, I did just that.

Good night and bad games to everyone because I'm a salty loser

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Had some pretty good For Glory battles just now. Shout outs to a Fox user by the name of RAJ and a crazy ZZS user by the name of Jeff. I was Tino who played Rosalina, Mega Man and Link

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Shoutout to a player with the tag DEATH on the Wii U. I was the player with the Nexin tag who played Olimar.

You were the first player that I have ever had an Olimar/Alph ditto with, and it was extremely fun.

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
If you stumbled on a player named BFO and starts the first match with MegaMan, that's me.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
[3DS] Gg to Alex whom I spent 25 matches with doing Ness dittos. You really need to watch out on that rolling habit and practice your double PKT2...and not use PK fire in the air as much unless you full hop it and lag cancel with D-air.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It'd be more fun if I could see areas where I need to improve.
A lot of times I'll be playing really solid and just get bored because a 2-stock match is lasting well over 3-4 minutes; I start to feel like nothing I can do is safe and it just eats at me.
I like being able to pressure my opponent, but I can't do that when powershielding is so forgiving and a character is able to roll twice during my punishment for reading the roll; I end up doing mostly nothing, fishing for a bad move on their part.
Matches like those make me wonder if it's really worth playing; there are some matches I've had plenty of fun with in this game, but quite a few that made me want to rip my hair out because I felt so limited and things were just drawing on way too long.

As far as insanely good players go, I've met a few that I was able to go on par with, but nobody who completely wrecked me every time.
It's a lot easier if you don't think too much about the person playing the character so much as the character; takes a lot of the pressure off and helps you focus on your character strengths and advantages.
Save replays is all I can tell you. If I play really good players in FG, I come back to this site to see if I can find them in hopes that I'll be able to have more matches with them and get some feedback. As for safety, there are a number of characters I feel can only go in safely and not worry so much about getting hit or taking lesser damage than the amount they're giving. I remember in previous Smash games, I felt like I could really punish people and play safe. Now I feel like if I try to apply shield pressure, I get grabbed or attacked out of it. I would imagine online friendlies and in-person matches are a lot more fun and interesting than the ones on FG. I mean, the good players I've fought on FG really get in and don't play around. Then there are those that sit at the edge and wait for you to do something. I'll give you an example.

I was trying Ganondorf out in FG because at my friends house, I had a ton of fun using him, so when I was at home on my 3DS, I fought a Kirby that would stay at the edge and try to inhale me off the stage. The first stock, he made that attempt, I jumped out and footstooled him and got back to the stage. As he was jumping back up, I spiked him. On his second stock, he went to the edge again, tried the same BS, and I figured I'd just try to get behind him and Flame Choke him off the stage and win that way. It didn't happen. I managed to win, but the match itself was boring so I left after the first match. I joined someone else's room, they attempted the same BS and I managed to win again. I figured at that point, I'd just use Ness for the rest of the night to avoid that.

I can't say if a Kirby main would attempt that at a tourney. Even if they did, I don't use Ganondorf, and against a Kirby main, I most likely wouldn't after having the knowledge that my opponent is going to use him. As for good players that you can go against, the one I fought, I didn't feel any pressure mentally. In the game, my opponent applied pressure, but I wasn't freaking out. It was odd. Not sure if it's just me getting used to matches now because of FG or not.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
@Daboss ? I am guessing that was your ness/lucario/every other character earlier...?

if so ggs.

Still hate lucario.:glare:

Swampthing

Smash Rookie
NNID
Anon7906
I played with my first Bowser today on Wii U in FG. I don't remember the username, but he was really good. I was Anon, the Mario/Luigi user, and wanted to tell him ggs. I need more practice in that MU and was shocked he played with me as long as he did.

Edit: The username was Miltoxic.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I love how the attitude of most players completely switch to troll mode when ever I feel like playing as Little Mac. It's blatantly obvious how much they dislike fighting him. A lost stock with him never goes untaunted and majority of players just leave after the first game. Little Mac is just misunderstood.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Bad games to whoever I played with, his lag trigged my IED and now I have a broken LCD screen on my gamepad. I think his name was Duke or something like that.

I'd like to say the same to a flowchart Link that made me want to snap my 3DS in half. Suffice to say, I did just that.

Good night and bad games to everyone because I'm a salty loser
Again leave your salt away from this thread.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] Played a Rosalina & Luma main named Jack Frost. Not sure if you're on here or not. I really enjoyed our matches, though. I wish you didn't leave, however. Maybe if you're on here you'll see this and we can play some more. I'd sure like to. Need that Rosaluma experience.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Again leave your salt away from this thread.
Where else do I keep it? Spring is already dealing with the winter roads

Sorry, I keep on forgetting that this thread is only for sharing positive experiences and not negative ones. I guess I had a few fun fights recently but I forget the names of those guys, I think one guy was named Tanner. He wasn't really that skilled but he never got salty and instead, found it funny when he lost in a disrespectful way.

link2702

Smash Champion
Where else do I keep it? Spring is already dealing with the winter roads

Sorry, I keep on forgetting that this thread is only for sharing positive experiences and not negative ones. I guess I had a few fun fights recently but I forget the names of those guys, I think one guy was named Tanner. He wasn't really that skilled but he never got salty and instead, found it funny when he lost in a disrespectful way.
relax I share the salt all the time, sometimes you find players who just absolutely need to be called out for <insert reason here>

long as every post isn't a salty one, I don't think *most* of us care.

well least i don't anyhow.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Save replays is all I can tell you. If I play really good players in FG, I come back to this site to see if I can find them in hopes that I'll be able to have more matches with them and get some feedback. As for safety, there are a number of characters I feel can only go in safely and not worry so much about getting hit or taking lesser damage than the amount they're giving. I remember in previous Smash games, I felt like I could really punish people and play safe. Now I feel like if I try to apply shield pressure, I get grabbed or attacked out of it. I would imagine online friendlies and in-person matches are a lot more fun and interesting than the ones on FG. I mean, the good players I've fought on FG really get in and don't play around. Then there are those that sit at the edge and wait for you to do something. I'll give you an example.

I was trying Ganondorf out in FG because at my friends house, I had a ton of fun using him, so when I was at home on my 3DS, I fought a Kirby that would stay at the edge and try to inhale me off the stage. The first stock, he made that attempt, I jumped out and footstooled him and got back to the stage. As he was jumping back up, I spiked him. On his second stock, he went to the edge again, tried the same BS, and I figured I'd just try to get behind him and Flame Choke him off the stage and win that way. It didn't happen. I managed to win, but the match itself was boring so I left after the first match. I joined someone else's room, they attempted the same BS and I managed to win again. I figured at that point, I'd just use Ness for the rest of the night to avoid that.

I can't say if a Kirby main would attempt that at a tourney. Even if they did, I don't use Ganondorf, and against a Kirby main, I most likely wouldn't after having the knowledge that my opponent is going to use him. As for good players that you can go against, the one I fought, I didn't feel any pressure mentally. In the game, my opponent applied pressure, but I wasn't freaking out. It was odd. Not sure if it's just me getting used to matches now because of FG or not.
had to respond cause kirby question, now i have to ramble lol
Only chu would that, hell i might even do that IF i needed a moment shift, disrespect, or if the oppo is obviously there and my opp has 1 stock left. Anyway a ganon can stomp a kirby really bad, kirby gonna grab? lol nope you can just Jab, side tilt, up smash. Kirbys aerials badly trade too so its up to the kirby to somehow get ganon in hit stun in the air.

Im happy enough to say i havent been bopped hard by anyone on FG, usually i lose to some cheese like input delay, i shield, no shield, game. When i could have punished to take the game myself. Even against the likes of RRR, Chazo, and t0mmy, i end up doing stupid stuff like not getting the timing right on my uairs to hit the gordos back or airdodging into a sheik upsmash instead of what i usually do at situation, rock and take the stock. But nervousness.... but if i did that i would taken the game and the set if i was lucky but no. But yeah happy to say im not a pushover and can make anyone work for it. Though i wonder how it feels, ive done some bopping against players who thought they were good on fg, even a tech robin said i demoralized him. (He seemed pro btw). Im glad people like you try to learn but sadly most get so depressive i kinda hold back now because of it.

I love how the attitude of most players completely switch to troll mode when ever I feel like playing as Little Mac. It's blatantly obvious how much they dislike fighting him. A lost stock with him never goes untaunted and majority of players just leave after the first game. Little Mac is just misunderstood.
And the funny thing is most of those who hate him would love playing as him. I guess they find him cheap, tho they can just shield and even predict the safe attempt jab instead of rolling like they always do, but thats fg for ya lol.
(they seem to hate him more than diddy)

Last edited:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
image.jpg

This guy, amazing puff(not sure why pic is uploading side ways). He knows when its rest time ;)

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
GG to LeoTeo, I hadn't been beaten that many times in a row in a while. I'm really inexperienced in the DH ditto, kind of wish you played him a few more times.

BBC7

Smash Ace
GG to some Dedede player named Pork, helped me kind of learn this match-up instead of leaving because I got rekt by Dedede.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
GGs @Drakogy
Those were really fun and fast paced matches! I guess getting hit by Fox's jab or neutral air translates to a painful followup. Is it possible to avoid those aside from boxing Fox with an accidental neutral air? Thanks for the request; I look forward to playing with you in the future.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
GGs to Nate on Wii U! He used a Black Zero Suit Samus, and his mii kinda looked like Toon Link. Those 5 or so matches we played were really fun, probably the most fun I've had playing against ZSS. I'm REALLY enjoying Bowser in this game. I'd liked to have stuck around longer, but I had food in the oven that I needed to take care of.

Aether_Light

Smash Rookie
Good Games to the people I've found on here, like WILEY. My tag I use on FG Aether and use Megaman with it.

Top Bottom